Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do

I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003
system.  I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email
domain is domain.org.  For all internal users, there is no problem.  But
there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and
user2@domain.org.  Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to
bring it into our Exchange server.  We do not use POP3 connector for the
remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it.

These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all they have is
email.  When someone outside the SBS domain sends them email, no problem.
When an SBS user sends them email, it bounces back.  I've created a "Contact"
for these users in AD, with their appropriate email address, but the Exchange
server still bounces emails back to local users.  Apparently the Exchange
server thinks that every email bound for domain.org can stay within the
server, rather than go out to the Internet.

How can I configure the Exchange server to use SMTP to the Internet for
these remote humans?  Thanks!

0
richeyt (1)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us

Nue
"richeyt" <richeyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the
>SBS2003
> system.  I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email
> domain is domain.org.  For all internal users, there is no problem.  But
> there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org
> and
> user2@domain.org.  Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to
> bring it into our Exchange server.  We do not use POP3 connector for the
> remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it.
>
> These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all they have is
> email.  When someone outside the SBS domain sends them email, no problem.
> When an SBS user sends them email, it bounces back.  I've created a
> "Contact"
> for these users in AD, with their appropriate email address, but the
> Exchange
> server still bounces emails back to local users.  Apparently the Exchange
> server thinks that every email bound for domain.org can stay within the
> server, rather than go out to the Internet.
>
> How can I configure the Exchange server to use SMTP to the Internet for
> these remote humans?  Thanks!

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/24/2006 10:52:13 PM
What bounce code /ndr message are you getting when internal users send to the
remote humans?

"richeyt" wrote:

> I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003
> system.  I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email
> domain is domain.org.  For all internal users, there is no problem.  But
> there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and
> user2@domain.org.  Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to
> bring it into our Exchange server.  We do not use POP3 connector for the
> remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it.
>
> These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all they have is
> email.  When someone outside the SBS domain sends them email, no problem.
> When an SBS user sends them email, it bounces back.  I've created a "Contact"
> for these users in AD, with their appropriate email address, but the Exchange
> server still bounces emails back to local users.  Apparently the Exchange
> server thinks that every email bound for domain.org can stay within the
> server, rather than go out to the Internet.
>
> How can I configure the Exchange server to use SMTP to the Internet for
> these remote humans?  Thanks!

0
knightly (222)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

multiple email identities

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

getting started
I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? damselindistress <damselindistress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL > address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? When you obtained your packet from SBC, they included all that information. Moreover, it's in the Help section of SBC Yahoo's site. The most likely settings are "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" for the incoming serv...

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Backing up databases on remote SQL
Hi, I recently followed one of the MS articles on how to move GP 9 sql database to a different server. Everything went well except when trying to run the backup option from the GP9 server. I currently have a server with GP9 installed and another server with SQL and the GP databases. When I try to run the backup from the backup option on the GP server it says " You must be on the server machine to perform this task". presume this is because the SQL is no longer on that server. The SQL server has a backup routine of its own, but I would like our finance users to have the ability...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...