Remote host said: 550 5.7.1

hi folks

basically the situation is, I have an Exchange server which I have
recently installed, MX records are in place on the ISP side, can send
internally and externally.

The problem arises when I send to any address in the domain and I get
the following

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1.Unable to relay for j.bloggs@blahblah.com

I have checked recipient policies and all is fine there, also I have
used metaedit and deleted the LM\DS2MB key, then restarted the
appropriate services

Yet I am still getting this error when I try to email the domain in
question.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to solve this ?

I'm confused - is this *your* domain that you are talking about, or a remote
domain you are having problems sending to?  The beginning seems to indicate
it is your domain, but you also seem to hint that it's a remote domain.

If it is your domain, what is the domain name?

Also, what do you have set in the SMTP Virtual Server settings?  Detail all
of them, please, not just the Relay settings.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

<stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi folks
>
> basically the situation is, I have an Exchange server which I have
> recently installed, MX records are in place on the ISP side, can send
> internally and externally.
>
> The problem arises when I send to any address in the domain and I get
> the following
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient
> Remote host said: 550 5.7.1.Unable to relay for j.bloggs@blahblah.com
>
> I have checked recipient policies and all is fine there, also I have
> used metaedit and deleted the LM\DS2MB key, then restarted the
> appropriate services
>
> Yet I am still getting this error when I try to email the domain in
> question.
>
> Anyone have any other ideas on how to solve this ?

0
Ben
8/3/2006 1:58:16 PM
Yes Ben this is my domain, I also have another you see which I have
been sending from to test it.

The domain in question is itxpni.com

SMTP Virtual server settings are as follows

General tab, IP Address is All unassigned
Access tab, authentication; anonymous, basic and integrated windows
authentication all checked
connection control, nothing configured
relay restrictions, only the list below and I have configured that for
the subnet address I am using with allow all computers that
successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of list above checked

message tab, default settings

delivery tab, outbound security is for anonymous access
outbound connection, default settings
advanced delivery, no smart host and just the name of the exchange
server in fully qualified domain name
i have also got the external dns addresses of the isp configured.

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> I'm confused - is this *your* domain that you are talking about, or a remote
> domain you are having problems sending to?  The beginning seems to indicate
> it is your domain, but you also seem to hint that it's a remote domain.
>
> If it is your domain, what is the domain name?
>
> Also, what do you have set in the SMTP Virtual Server settings?  Detail all
> of them, please, not just the Relay settings.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > hi folks
> >
> > basically the situation is, I have an Exchange server which I have
> > recently installed, MX records are in place on the ISP side, can send
> > internally and externally.
> >
> > The problem arises when I send to any address in the domain and I get
> > the following
> >
> > xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient
> > Remote host said: 550 5.7.1.Unable to relay for j.bloggs@blahblah.com
> >
> > I have checked recipient policies and all is fine there, also I have
> > used metaedit and deleted the LM\DS2MB key, then restarted the
> > appropriate services
> >
> > Yet I am still getting this error when I try to email the domain in
> > question.
> >
> > Anyone have any other ideas on how to solve this ?

Ok - thanks for the clarification.

Couple of things:
1.  Unless you have multiple computers inside your subnet that have to relay
(Outlook doesn't count - MAPI clients don't relay), then I'd get rid of your
subnet.  It's a better practice to only add specific IP's of systems that
might need to relay.  This also shouldn't be contributing to the problem you
have, but it's a good thing to do.
2.  Get rid of the external DNS entries under the SMTP VS settings.  They
shouldn't be contributing to your problem, but I always recommend to let the
Windows DNS client do what it is better at doing.  Plus, I'm fairly certain
that the DNS resolver in Exchange is single-threaded (only one query at a
time), where the DNS client for Windows (TCP/IP settings) is
multi-threaded - basically, it's faster.
3.  Do you have any filtering in place?  Recipient filtering, connection
filtering, IMF, etc.
4.  Doing a DNS report on your domain doesn't bring up any serious issues -
you don't have a PTR record for your MX record, but that won't cause problem
receiving mail.  It's better to have one, as you'll have problems sending to
some domains if you don't, but again, not relevant to your current problem.
5.  Your primary MX record appears to go to a Windows 2000 SMTP server, not
an Exchange server - have you checked on that server to see if that is the
problem?  The banner I get when I try and connect is:
220 <your MX record> Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.6713
ready
Do you have any anti-spam software on that box?  Can you eliminate that from
the picture temporarily?  Set your firewall to forward port 25 directly to
Exchange instead of the SMTP server and see if that makes a difference.

--

> Yes Ben this is my domain, I also have another you see which I have
> been sending from to test it.
>
> The domain in question is itxpni.com
>
> SMTP Virtual server settings are as follows
>
> General tab, IP Address is All unassigned
> Access tab, authentication; anonymous, basic and integrated windows
> authentication all checked
> connection control, nothing configured
> relay restrictions, only the list below and I have configured that for
> the subnet address I am using with allow all computers that
> successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of list above checked
>
> message tab, default settings
>
> delivery tab, outbound security is for anonymous access
> outbound connection, default settings
> advanced delivery, no smart host and just the name of the exchange
> server in fully qualified domain name
> i have also got the external dns addresses of the isp configured.
>

> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
>> I'm confused - is this *your* domain that you are talking about, or a
>> remote
>> domain you are having problems sending to?  The beginning seems to
>> indicate
>> it is your domain, but you also seem to hint that it's a remote domain.
>>
>> If it is your domain, what is the domain name?
>>
>> Also, what do you have set in the SMTP Virtual Server settings?  Detail
>> all
>> of them, please, not just the Relay settings.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > hi folks
>> >
>> > basically the situation is, I have an Exchange server which I have
>> > recently installed, MX records are in place on the ISP side, can send
>> > internally and externally.
>> >
>> > The problem arises when I send to any address in the domain and I get
>> > the following
>> >
>> > xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient
>> > Remote host said: 550 5.7.1.Unable to relay for j.bloggs@blahblah.com
>> >
>> > I have checked recipient policies and all is fine there, also I have
>> > used metaedit and deleted the LM\DS2MB key, then restarted the
>> > appropriate services
>> >
>> > Yet I am still getting this error when I try to email the domain in
>> > question.
>> >
>> > Anyone have any other ideas on how to solve this ?

0
Ben
8/3/2006 2:46:57 PM
Ok, did what you suggested regarding the relay and external DNS

There is no filtering in place whatsoever on the exchange server

The firewall is an ISA server and I have published the Exchange server
and smtp protocol in it, all seems to be fine that end.  There is no
spam filtering on the ISA server

> [...]
> >
> > message tab, default settings
> >
> > delivery tab, outbound security is for anonymous access
> > outbound connection, default settings
> > advanced delivery, no smart host and just the name of the exchange
> > server in fully qualified domain name
> > i have also got the external dns addresses of the isp configured.
> >

> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> >> I'm confused - is this *your* domain that you are talking about, or a
> >> remote
> >> domain you are having problems sending to?  The beginning seems to
> >> indicate
> >> it is your domain, but you also seem to hint that it's a remote domain.
> >>
> >> If it is your domain, what is the domain name?
> >>
> >> Also, what do you have set in the SMTP Virtual Server settings?  Detail
> >> all
> >> of them, please, not just the Relay settings.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=158530

The version number your inbound SMTP server gives does not correspond to a
valid Exchange version/build number.  It corresponds to the IIS SMTP Service
(Windows 2000 SP4 I believe).

If you open IIS Manager on your Exchange server, do you see an SMTP Server
section?  If so, that means IIS is manaing SMTP, not Exchange.  To fix that,
you would need to reinstall Exchange (it won't touch the databases, just the
binary files), which will let Exchange take over managing SMTP.  This could
be your issue.

--

> [...]
>> > Yes Ben this is my domain, I also have another you see which I have
>> > been sending from to test it.
>> >
>> > The domain in question is itxpni.com
>> >
>> > SMTP Virtual server settings are as follows
>> >
>> > General tab, IP Address is All unassigned
>> > Access tab, authentication; anonymous, basic and integrated windows
>> > authentication all checked
>> > connection control, nothing configured
>> > relay restrictions, only the list below and I have configured that for
>> > the subnet address I am using with allow all computers that
>> > successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of list above checked
>> >
>> > message tab, default settings
>> >
>> > delivery tab, outbound security is for anonymous access
>> > outbound connection, default settings
>> > advanced delivery, no smart host and just the name of the exchange
>> > server in fully qualified domain name
>> > i have also got the external dns addresses of the isp configured.

8/3/2006 4:00:09 PM
When I open IIS I see a few boxes in red, I am not at work at the
minute so can't remember them all. They are related to Exchange though,
there's no SMTP server section there though (Red is bad, this much I do
know, hadn't noticed this before as I thought the problem was
elsewhere)

When you say that I will have to reinstall exchange, does that mean I
will have to remove it from Active Directory first ?

> [...]
> >> problem
> >> receiving mail.  It's better to have one, as you'll have problems sending
> >> some domains if you don't, but again, not relevant to your current
> >> problem.
> >> 5.  Your primary MX record appears to go to a Windows 2000 SMTP server,
> >> not
> >> an Exchange server - have you checked on that server to see if that is
> >> the
> >> problem?  The banner I get when I try and connect is:
> >> 220 <your MX record> Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 5.0.2195.6713
> >> ready
> >> Do you have any anti-spam software on that box?  Can you eliminate that
> >> from
> >> the picture temporarily?  Set your firewall to forward port 25 directly
> >> Exchange instead of the SMTP server and see if that makes a difference.

No.  You would just need to launch setup, then when you get to the
components, select Reinstall.

I'd recommend that you go back and look at your ISA rule.  Does ISA have IIS
installed?  How exactly did you publish the Exchange server?  Can you detail
what kind of rule you used?  What I'm getting at here is that you should
probably make sure that your ISA server isn't the one that is listening on
port 25.

If you telnet to your Exchange server from the internal network on port 25,
what is the banner that you see?  Is it the same one with the same smtp
version info?  The KB article I sent you lists all the Exchange version
numbers, so if telneting internally gets an Exchange banner, then you know
it is a problem with ISA.

--

> When I open IIS I see a few boxes in red, I am not at work at the
> minute so can't remember them all. They are related to Exchange though,
> there's no SMTP server section there though (Red is bad, this much I do
> know, hadn't noticed this before as I thought the problem was
> elsewhere)
>
> When you say that I will have to reinstall exchange, does that mean I
> will have to remove it from Active Directory first ?
>
> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=158530
>>
>> The version number your inbound SMTP server gives does not correspond to
>> valid Exchange version/build number.  It corresponds to the IIS SMTP
>> Service
>> (Windows 2000 SP4 I believe).
>>
>> If you open IIS Manager on your Exchange server, do you see an SMTP
>> Server
>> section?  If so, that means IIS is manaing SMTP, not Exchange.  To fix
>> that,
>> you would need to reinstall Exchange (it won't touch the databases, just
>> the
>> binary files), which will let Exchange take over managing SMTP.  This
>> could
>> be your issue.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok, did what you suggested regarding the relay and external DNS
>> >
>> > There is no filtering in place whatsoever on the exchange server
>> >
>> > The firewall is an ISA server and I have published the Exchange server
>> > and smtp protocol in it, all seems to be fine that end.  There is no
>> > spam filtering on the ISA server

0
Ben
8/3/2006 5:06:24 PM
>From memory ISA does have IIS installed along with the SMTP service

I published the Exchange RPC Server using the server publishing utility
(ISA 2000) and also published SMTP service on port 25.  You could well
be right that ISA is listening on 25, will check that out tomorrow
morning first thing.  I do remember seeing an event 115 in system logs
on the Exchange server, but thought nothing of it as it wasn't
recurring constantly.

Thanks for all your help so far, would you mind checking this thread
tomorrow and I will let you know what I see when I telnet in

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> No.  You would just need to launch setup, then when you get to the
> components, select Reinstall.
>
> I'd recommend that you go back and look at your ISA rule.  Does ISA have IIS
> installed?  How exactly did you publish the Exchange server?  Can you detail
> what kind of rule you used?  What I'm getting at here is that you should
> probably make sure that your ISA server isn't the one that is listening on
> port 25.
>
> If you telnet to your Exchange server from the internal network on port 25,
> what is the banner that you see?  Is it the same one with the same smtp
> version info?  The KB article I sent you lists all the Exchange version
> numbers, so if telneting internally gets an Exchange banner, then you know
> it is a problem with ISA.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > When I open IIS I see a few boxes in red, I am not at work at the
> > minute so can't remember them all. They are related to Exchange though,
> > there's no SMTP server section there though (Red is bad, this much I do
> > know, hadn't noticed this before as I thought the problem was
> > elsewhere)
> >
> > When you say that I will have to reinstall exchange, does that mean I
> > will have to remove it from Active Directory first ?
> >
> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> >>
> >> The version number your inbound SMTP server gives does not correspond to
> >> valid Exchange version/build number.  It corresponds to the IIS SMTP
> >> Service
> >> (Windows 2000 SP4 I believe).
> >>
> >> If you open IIS Manager on your Exchange server, do you see an SMTP
> >> Server
> >> section?  If so, that means IIS is manaing SMTP, not Exchange.  To fix
> >> that,
> >> you would need to reinstall Exchange (it won't touch the databases, just
> >> the
> >> binary files), which will let Exchange take over managing SMTP.  This
> >> could
> >> be your issue.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message

When I telnet internally, I am getting Microsoft ESMTP Mail Service,
version 5.0.2195.6713

>From the KB article it does indeed look as if you were right and that
it is IIS listening on same port that is causing my problem

I am going to reinstall Exchange now and will let you know how I get
on...

Thanks again for everything Ben
stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com wrote:
> >From memory ISA does have IIS installed along with the SMTP service
>
> I published the Exchange RPC Server using the server publishing utility
> (ISA 2000) and also published SMTP service on port 25.  You could well
> be right that ISA is listening on 25, will check that out tomorrow
> morning first thing.  I do remember seeing an event 115 in system logs
> on the Exchange server, but thought nothing of it as it wasn't
> recurring constantly.
>
> Thanks for all your help so far, would you mind checking this thread
> tomorrow and I will let you know what I see when I telnet in
>
> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> > No.  You would just need to launch setup, then when you get to the
> > components, select Reinstall.
> >
> > I'd recommend that you go back and look at your ISA rule.  Does ISA have IIS
> > installed?  How exactly did you publish the Exchange server?  Can you detail
> > what kind of rule you used?  What I'm getting at here is that you should
> > probably make sure that your ISA server isn't the one that is listening on
> > port 25.
> >
> > If you telnet to your Exchange server from the internal network on port 25,
> > what is the banner that you see?  Is it the same one with the same smtp
> > version info?  The KB article I sent you lists all the Exchange version
> > numbers, so if telneting internally gets an Exchange banner, then you know
> > it is a problem with ISA.
> >
> > --
> > Ben Winzenz
> > Exchange MVP
> > MessageOne
> > Read my blog!
> > http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> > http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >

> > <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > When I open IIS I see a few boxes in red, I am not at work at the
> > > minute so can't remember them all. They are related to Exchange though,
> > > there's no SMTP server section there though (Red is bad, this much I do
> > > know, hadn't noticed this before as I thought the problem was
> > > elsewhere)
> > >
> > > When you say that I will have to reinstall exchange, does that mean I
> > > will have to remove it from Active Directory first ?

Ok, I have now reinstalled Exchange and initially I got event 418, so I
followed MS Knowledge base article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326854/en-us

However, when I telnet in I am still getting the same banner.

Does this mean a complete rebuild of the server ?

stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com wrote:
> When I telnet internally, I am getting Microsoft ESMTP Mail Service,
> version 5.0.2195.6713
>
> >From the KB article it does indeed look as if you were right and that
> it is IIS listening on same port that is causing my problem
>
> I am going to reinstall Exchange now and will let you know how I get
> on...
>
> Thanks again for everything Ben
> stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com wrote:
> > >From memory ISA does have IIS installed along with the SMTP service
> >
> > I published the Exchange RPC Server using the server publishing utility
> > (ISA 2000) and also published SMTP service on port 25.  You could well
> > be right that ISA is listening on 25, will check that out tomorrow
> > morning first thing.  I do remember seeing an event 115 in system logs
> > on the Exchange server, but thought nothing of it as it wasn't
> > recurring constantly.
> >
> > Thanks for all your help so far, would you mind checking this thread
> > tomorrow and I will let you know what I see when I telnet in
> >
> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> > > No.  You would just need to launch setup, then when you get to the
> > > components, select Reinstall.
> > >
> > > I'd recommend that you go back and look at your ISA rule.  Does ISA have IIS
> > > installed?  How exactly did you publish the Exchange server?  Can you detail
> > > what kind of rule you used?  What I'm getting at here is that you should
> > > probably make sure that your ISA server isn't the one that is listening on
> > > port 25.
> > >
> > > If you telnet to your Exchange server from the internal network on port 25,
> > > what is the banner that you see?  Is it the same one with the same smtp
> > > version info?  The KB article I sent you lists all the Exchange version
> > > numbers, so if telneting internally gets an Exchange banner, then you know
> > > it is a problem with ISA.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ben Winzenz
> > > Exchange MVP
> > > MessageOne
> > > Read my blog!
> > > http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> > > http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> > >

> > > <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message

I wouldn't go that far, but I might perhaps consider
uninstalling/reinstalling IIS, then reinstalling Exchange (and Exchange
SP's) again.

This also might be the appropriate time to consider opening a case with PSS.

--

> Ok, I have now reinstalled Exchange and initially I got event 418, so I
> followed MS Knowledge base article
>
> However, when I telnet in I am still getting the same banner.
>
> Does this mean a complete rebuild of the server ?
>
> stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com wrote:
>> When I telnet internally, I am getting Microsoft ESMTP Mail Service,
>> version 5.0.2195.6713
>>
>> >From the KB article it does indeed look as if you were right and that
>> it is IIS listening on same port that is causing my problem
>>
>> I am going to reinstall Exchange now and will let you know how I get
>> on...
>>
>> Thanks again for everything Ben
>> >
>> > I published the Exchange RPC Server using the server publishing utility
>> > (ISA 2000) and also published SMTP service on port 25.  You could well
>> > be right that ISA is listening on 25, will check that out tomorrow
>> > morning first thing.  I do remember seeing an event 115 in system logs
>> > on the Exchange server, but thought nothing of it as it wasn't
>> > recurring constantly.
>> >
>> > Thanks for all your help so far, would you mind checking this thread
>> > tomorrow and I will let you know what I see when I telnet in

0
Ben
8/4/2006 1:31:42 PM
I understood everything until you said I should consider opening a case
with PSS.

I have no clue who they are...

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:

> I wouldn't go that far, but I might perhaps consider
> uninstalling/reinstalling IIS, then reinstalling Exchange (and Exchange
> SP's) again.
>
> This also might be the appropriate time to consider opening a case with PSS.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, I have now reinstalled Exchange and initially I got event 418, so I
> > followed MS Knowledge base article
> >
> > However, when I telnet in I am still getting the same banner.
> >
> > Does this mean a complete rebuild of the server ?
> >
> > stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com wrote:
> >> When I telnet internally, I am getting Microsoft ESMTP Mail Service,
> >> version 5.0.2195.6713

> >> it is IIS listening on same port that is causing my problem
> >>
> >> I am going to reinstall Exchange now and will let you know how I get
> >> on...
> >>
> >> Thanks again for everything Ben

PSS = Microsoft Product Support Services.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone

--

>I understood everything until you said I should consider opening a case
> with PSS.
>
> I have no clue who they are...
>

> Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't go that far, but I might perhaps consider
>> uninstalling/reinstalling IIS, then reinstalling Exchange (and Exchange
>> SP's) again.
>>
>> This also might be the appropriate time to consider opening a case with
>> PSS.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok, I have now reinstalled Exchange and initially I got event 418, so I
>> > followed MS Knowledge base article
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326854/en-us
>> >
>> > However, when I telnet in I am still getting the same banner.
>> >
>> > Does this mean a complete rebuild of the server ?

0
Ben
8/4/2006 10:11:33 PM
I appreciate that Ben, thing is, the company I work for would never pay
for support.  I have more or less decided to flatten the domain
controller with exchange on it monday morning and reinstall everything
from scratch.

I will definitely try your suggestion first.  There are only 2 dcs in
that domain, only one of them is an Exchange box and as it is a new
install, there's no mail on it for users to complain about missing

Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:

> PSS = Microsoft Product Support Services.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I understood everything until you said I should consider opening a case
> > with PSS.
> >
> > I have no clue who they are...
> >

> > Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP] wrote:
> >
> >> I wouldn't go that far, but I might perhaps consider
> >> uninstalling/reinstalling IIS, then reinstalling Exchange (and Exchange
> >> SP's) again.
> >>
> >> This also might be the appropriate time to consider opening a case with
> >> PSS.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> <stephen.mcgahan@gmail.com> wrote in message

Can callout developed by .net 1.1 call web service developed by ne
Hi I am developing MS CRM and i need to integrate with other system which implemented by VS 2005 .NET 2.0. The part of integration is when user insert or update company in CRM, then it must be auto update company in other system also. The updating should be synchronizing. What i am thinking is i customized at Post Create, Post Update, Post delete of company entity of CRM, then in the code i will go to call web service which coded by .net 2.0 to proceed modify, or inseret company record in other system. My problem is from what i understand that CallOut has to code and compile by .....

Converting Crystal report from MSCRM 1.2
I have a client who has upgraded to V3.0 for CRM. They want to continue using Crystal for their reporting engine because they have 40 custom reports. Does anyone know how to easily accomplish this? I have created a new connection to the new CRM Views in SQL, but I can't seem to figure out how to easily replace all the fields that are currently in the report using the SSO connection to my new connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Amy many of the services such as rpttosql.com say they will only convert so far. some even say they will only get the general lay...

Migrate/upgrade 5.5 SP4 to Exch 2000
I need to migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5SP4 to Exch 2000. Ex5.5 sits on a stand alone NT 4.0 SP6a server and want to upgade this to W2K SVR and install Exch 2000 onto it, then finally migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5 private/pub mail boxes to it. Does the W2K SVR have to be running 'Active directory services' to support Exch 2000? If I installed W2K SRV as a stand alone server (will introduct W2K Active directory services later removing NT4 domain infrustructure later) then run the following: i) simply run a cold BU of EXCH 5.5, then restore 'priv & pub.edb's' along with associated &...

Pivot Table #5
I create a pivot table of growing data each month. Now when I create the pivot table after I set up the layout. I see the message "calculating Pivot Table" but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer. All I get now is a empty new worksheet. ...

NT/ Exchange 5.5 - No PST's
Hello all quick question. We have NT servers with Exchange 5.5 running for internal only and are looking at doing away with PST and converting all users over to running off the mail server itself at the same time we are looking at no longer using a tape backup solution but either that of another drive offsite or some type of removeable hot swap typedrive. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what to backup now that we will no longer be using .pst's and if there is anything special needed for exchange. I have yet to find anything concrete even looking at MS site. ...

MS Money 2006 for Windows Mobile 5
I have purchased the new PPC 6700. I have serveral applications I am moving to the new Windows Mobile 5 application, including MS Money 2006. I am getting a cab error installing MS Money for PPC. Is there a seperate MS Money for PPC installation program. Also need MS streets and maps for my new 6700. Hello John, at the MS Money web site, MS Money for PPC is a seperate download. Although your pda came preloaded, I'd think it's a trail version. My Streets & Trips 2006 came with a PPC version, go to help/install PPC Streets. Best of luck, Don "John McConnell" wr...

550 not local host... not a gateway
In Outlook 2003, I run Exchange for internal and pop3 (internet email hosted by ISP). On select few clients, when they forward/reply to external email it gets bounced back immediately with "550 not local host sbcglobal.net, not a gateway". I have looked at Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 834866 but with no success... any thoughts anyone? ...

Help! #5
How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without setting the autofilter for all the columns? Any help much apreciated. Select your columns (including headers) and apply autofilter. Anyway, since autofilter filters out data by hiding rows, columns not included in autofilter wil also be hidden. (please excuse my hefty english) -- AP "Pat Watson" <pat.n.watson@baesystems.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4496a1e0$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without > setting the autofilt...

Conditional formating #7
Need help figuring out a formula please. If "date entered" in cell exceedes todays date by 4 days, then format the cell background "Red". Thanks so much for any help you can give. -- Unplugged ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unplugged's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36751 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564685 Use a formula of =A2>=TODYA()+4 where A2 is assumed as the first cell with CF "Unplugged" <Unplugged.2bi5mq_1153833004...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

Domain name issue migrating 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We are prepairing to migrate Echange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This has come up as an issue: Our domain is cornerstone instead of cornerstone.com Our email address is "firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com" instead of: "firstname.lastname@cornerstone.com" ...

Ex5.5 to E2003 intra org migration ...help
Hi.. Berfore I get to issue I would first like to begin by asking the following question..>> There seems to be some difference between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 and how permissions are applied to public folders. Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory objects, such as users and security groups; and Exchange 5.5 uses Exchange objects, such as mailboxes and distribution lists. This means to apply permissions to public folders, Active Directory must have the equivalent to an Exchange distribution list which is Universal security groups ..As a result to keep the permmisions on Exchan...

Mail Rules #7
I have recently been deluged with emails marked "Delivery Status Notification" or similar (maybe 20-30 a day). Is it possible to create a rule in outlook which deletes all mails apart from those addressed to specific addresses (e.g. abc@..com and zyx@..com)? Also can this same rule be used in OE as I use that at home? Thank you In news:444a348f$0$8343$da0feed9@news.zen.co.uk, Tony <dont.email@me.please> typed: > I have recently been deluged with emails marked "Delivery Status > Notification" or similar (maybe 20-30 a day). Are these DSNs for messages yo...

XP mode in windows 7
This is really a windows 7 question, but I could not find a windows 7 newsgroup...If there is one please tell me where to find it. If windows 7 comes with XP mode, is there any reason to buy a computer with "windows 7 downgrade XP" option (this means the PC comes with windows XP, and an install disk for windows 7). I may have some medical software that runs only in XP, or maybe not. Won't know until I try. Only certain versions of Windows 7 with supported hardware can use XP Mode, the hardware must support virtualization. Also Win 7 doesn't come with XP ...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

Moving OE msgs to win 7 WLM?
Moving msgs and multiple subfolders from OE (current) to new Win 7 Home Premium machine. Had to do this once before and had bigtime troubles! Want to do it right this time. Can someone point me in the right direction? -- Thanks for viewing... Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For Messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to a flash drive. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you ...

Admin Problem from 5.5 to 2k3 Exchange
We just migrated all of our email boxes to Exchange 2k3 from Exchange 5.5. Now our administrators can't look at any of the users outlook information unless they are given the rights from that users. Before the administrators could look at the persons information and remove or help the people with problems and questions if need be. How can our Administrators gain access to these exchange boxes again? There are several articles out there on this. In E2K3, domain admins and enterprise admins are explicitly denied this access. There are work arounds. try this: http://www.winnetma...

Excel: how to merge data from 2 workbooks with 1 col. in common?
I've got two separate workbooks. Each workbook contains unique columns except for one, which is a "key" column, or an id field. Example: I have a client # column in both workbooks. In the first workbook, I also have first name and last name columns. In the second column, I have phone number and address columns. How do I merge the two workbooks into one so that for each client # I have their first name, last name, phone number, and address. Well, I think I'd start by getting all the data into one workbook. With both workbooks open, select the worksheet with the phone n...

Remote Desktop not working.
I cannot connect to remote desktop on a Windows 2003 Server with SP1. It is enabled but when I try i get the error: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remoote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to acccept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator." I have checked and there are not users connected. I have disabled remote desktop and enabled it again with no luck. The last cha...

Outlook 97 #5
upgraded motherboard i receive error message,"Msoeres.Dll. cannot be found outlook express may not be installed correctly This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

Display more than 1 month in Outlook 2007?
When I'm in my Calendar view, I'd like to see at least 3 months at a time in the little calendars in the left-hand pane. There's plenty of room, but only 1 month shows. I can get more months if I expand that pane wider, but then it moves the corresponding pane in the Inbox view also, which I don't want. Help? KathyN <KathyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm in my Calendar view, I'd like to see at least 3 months at a > time in the little calendars in the left-hand pane. There's plenty > of room, but only 1 month shows. > > I c...

RAID 1 Question on Dell SC 1420 Poweredge
I have a RAID 1 array on a Poweredge SC 1420 that recently had on drive fail. The controller is an onboard CERC SATA 1.5/2s. I have read that it is possible to upgrade to a different controller using the same disks without loosing data providing the new controller is of the same family since the RAID configuration is stored on the HD. What controllers would be considered "of the same family" as the CERC SATA 1.5/2s? I would like to use the current functional drive along with a new larger drive and after the new drive has been rebuilt replace the smaller drive with a new...

Profits of IE 7.0 to 8.0 update if usage for adminstrative tasks only
OS: XP, Vista and 7 Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing What are the benefits of upgrading the IE from 7.x to 8.x in this case ? This FAQ answers common enterprise customer questions about Windows Internet Explorer 8. "Windows Internet Explorer 8 FAQ for Business" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1da2f8c-f982-4cae-a83a-831188e57df9&displaylang=en --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est kakii wrote: > > OS: XP, Vista and 7 > Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing &...