Remote Access - Connect to Server Desktops - Restrict Access

When some employees log onto our Remote Access Website I don't want them to
have the option to Connect to Server Desktops.

I do I restrict access to Connect to Server Desktops and Connect to Client
Desktops?
0
tonyak (2)

Outlook 2002 access on desktop AND laptop ???
Hello all, I'm currently running Outlook 2002 (Office XP) on my Desktop in my home office with XP Home as the OS. I'll soon be taking this desktop to a new office and purchasing a laptop for home use. This new laptop will also have XP Home as the operating system and Outlook 2002 . My question is: Is it possible to have the same access to my Outlook folders (inbox, sent items, contacts, calendar, etc...) on both my home laptop and my desktop that'll be in my office? I won't to be able to check (and send emails) from either location and have the same access to all my Outlook...

OWA denying access to Users, not administrators
Monday morning following a reboot of our SBS2000 server, OWA began denying access to users. User will attempt to sign on at the OWA log in dialog box and OWA will blink and present them with the log in dialog box again. After the 3rd attempt, the user receives a webpage with only the words: Error: Access is Denied. However, for those in the Administrators group, logging on is no problem. If I make a user a member of Administrators, they too can log in to OWA. Users are logging in on a variety of machines from Windows to Mac. Server is SBS2000, fully patched. This occurred af...

Entourage / Exchange Server
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3227010817_5020178 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I work out of a small office (4 Mac computers total) and we all have Entourage/Office 2004. If we install an exchange server, can we set up Entourage so that each person is able to access each other�s calendar�s and contacts. So for instance, if I need to add an item on to someone�s calendar, I can just open it up and check. --B_3227010817...

Manage 5.5 from Win2k3 server
Hello Someone have an idea on how I can install the MMC snap-in on a win2k3 server (Workstation/Test Environment) that will allow me to manage my 5.5 server? I don't want to extend the schema or anything like that I just want to manage Exchange 5.5. I have the Exchange 2003 cd but we aren't going to do the upgrade until mid summer Thank Paul You would run the setup of E2K3 and do a custom install, selecting the Exchange 5.5 system tools along with the E2K3 tools. However, this is going to install the same tools you already have with your 5.5 CD. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE...

Connection Problem 03-20-08
Hello I'm new to access programming so I'm probably making some obvious mistake. The following code comes from 'Beginning Access 2003 VBA' by Denise Cosnell. On page 130 of the book you can read: 1. Create a new database by selecting File ?New ?Blank Database and specifying Ch5CodeExamples as the filename. 2. Create a new table in the database by selecting Tables from the Database Window and clicking the Design button. Alternatively, you can select the New button and then choose Design View from the list. The table should be named tblContacts and should have the fields i...

new "you must be connected to the internet to sign in online" erro
Hi. I've got the Microsoft Money Plus trial and have only had it for about 2 weeks. It was working fine last time I ran it a few days ago and today when I ran it, it won't log me in. It says, "You must be connected to the internet to sign in online." Nothing interesting has changed on my computer other than: - A new version of zone alarm, which I've tried turning off and running MsMoney, but I still get the same error. - Whatever random updates Microsoft has decided to do. Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks, mike In microsoft.public.m...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Recovery server #4
Hi, I am setting up a recovery server to restore an online backup of the info store of an Exchange 2003 server. I can not use the recovery storage group as it is a snapshot backup and not supported by Symantec. I know that the log file path does not matter but does the database path matter? I have done this restore to a recovery server in earlier versions of exchange without issue. The only diffenences in this case is that 1- I am restoring from a snapshot backup 2- I got lazy and recreated the recovery server with only a C: and the production server has the exchange databases on ...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

External Restrictions
Is there a way to restrict users from send/receive external emails? On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:45:30 -0400, "mardskee" <amigo@elitemg.com> wrote: >Is there a way to restrict users from send/receive external emails? > Yes. E2K3: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html E2K http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:45:30 -0400, "mardskee" <amigo@elitemg.com> wrote: >Is there a way to restrict users from send/receive external emails? > Receive: Give them bogus SMTP addresses and ensure their accounts arent stampe...

Import contacts from received E-Mail in OWA (Outlook Web Access 20
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

Email randomly not accessible thru OWA
Hello. Using Exchange 2003, OWA 2003, approx. 3,000 outside users with mostly Windwos 2000 or XP Pro. Most users get everything, but some often get "page cannot be found" and these messges contain attachments sometimes, but not always: usually PDF or Word attachments. Downloading mail using Outook or Express seems to help alot, but not with all users. It is happening more more frequently. We run Symantec Antivirus 9.1 and I have removed all the filters for mail within our domain, thinking that would help, but no. Any suggestions are appreciated, as always. MG ...

Access Calendar to Julian Conversions
I have a database with dates in the MM/DD/YYYY format and I need to convert them to julian dates. Is there a built in function in Access that will do this? Depends what you mean by "Julian Date". If you'll looking to represent the date as the day number in the year, (yyyy.ddd, so that today is 2004.177), try: Format(MyDate, "yyyy") & "." & Format(Format(MyDate, "y"), "000") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave" <gatorsteele@cs.com> wrote in message news:217...

Postcallout not working on seperate SQL server?
Hi I have developed a post call out using C#. It works 100% perfectly when it deploed on a single server deployment. i.e CRM 1.2, Exchange, MSSQL-2000, Window 2003 SBS, all on one Machine. When I tried to deploy SAME postcall out dll in a separate SQL server which runs on Windows 2003 Standard server and CRM server is separately running on Virtual server(Pointing to above SQL database), Post call out does not fire up! I have properly registred Postcall out on SQL CRM Metabase and com component is registred with no error on seperate sql server machine. I am using following components on C# p...

Canot not access information in ItemProperties["Body"]
I have implement a normal c# template service that runs in the background to validate the information in a third party calender with the outlook information however if I run the following when I get to the "Body" propery it locks up. itemProp.Name "Body" string itemProp.Value error: cannot obtain value System.Object This may also be related in that I cannot access an item using OutlookNS.GetItemFromID(storeID,EntryID) "A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in outservice.exe Additional information: Could not ...

Administrating an Upgraded Exchange 2003 Server..
This is really a preliminary enquiry... I have to perform an "in-place upgrade" of an existing Exchange 2000 Standard server, this is to take advantage of the max 75GB database size limit offered by Exchange 2003 Server SP2. I have performed a lab upgrade of a test 2000 Exchange Server and it worked perfectly, very straightforward it was too! My problem is that a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) communicates with the existing Exchange 2000 box and the BES box has Exchange 2000 Server Manager installed and working on it. The Blackberry people have posed the question ...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

Connecting Cell with Lines
I have seen MSExcel printouts that have dotted or solid lines of different colors connecting different cells in a sheet. Is that something that can be done in MSExcel or would they have been added outside of MSExcel? If it can be done in MSExcel, how? In article <QbYYg.13615$GR.1871@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, "jerry" <jerryc314@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >I have seen MSExcel printouts that have dotted or solid lines of different >colors connecting different cells in a sheet. Is that something that can be >done in MSExcel or would they have been added outside of...

Desktop Icons 04-23-10
Is there a way to set the background color at the icon name to "clear", or no color at all? I have one computer that does it but I don't know how it got that way. ...

Program accessing address stored in outlook
Every time I try to open an email in Outlook 2002 I get a message saying that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses stored in Outlook... How do I make it stop? I have scanned for viruses and such, I'm clean. Please help. (PS - this seems to have started right after updating to the latest office service pack). Do you have third party programs installed for spam detection or antivirus filtering? Have you visited the vendors of these programs for the latest updates? Are you using Word for the message editor? Try turning off Word for the meantime until you visit your thi...

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CANCEL/DELETE message from Newsgroup server??
Once email is sent, it cannot be deleted before reachign recipient's address (unless you own server at recipients' end which is extremely highly unlikely) So just as with spoken word, be careful and dont' allow emotional rushes to result in spontaneous email you may regret later. But my question is about Usenet/Newsgroups (NNTP protocol): Is there a way to cancel/delete you rown posted message, at leas tbefore any followups appear (or even after)? As you all know, most of us hate Web Forums and we remain loyal to Usenet. But I have to admit, there's ONE feature...

Event 8213 Appears in Exchange 2000 Server Event Viewer
Hi: I was wondering if anyone's seen this error before and been able to get it resolved. "System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine <SERVERNAME>. The error number is 0x80044501. " We get this error logged in our Application Log every 50 minutes. The below KB article supposedly addresses this error, but with Exchange 2000 Service Pack 3, there is no way (I've found) to "Reset the Administrative Group's Service Account" as step 12 of the article indicates. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q296151 An...

Width of desktop shortcut titles
Is there a way to force the name under a desktop shortcut to be shorter in width and wrap the text to one or more new lines? For example, the name "Internet Explorer" under the IE symbol is 17 characters long including the space; I'd like it to form 2 shorter lines, so I can space the icons closer together. Bobbi Bobbi wrote: > Is there a way to force the name under a desktop shortcut to be > shorter in width and wrap the text to one or more new lines? > For example, the name "Internet Explorer" under the IE symbol is 17 > characters lon...