There must be a way to log what IP ADRRESS a connection is
iniated from.  Can anyone help me??

If so please email me directly at:

joel_word at yahoo.com

Thanks for helping me fight back in the war on spam.

Joel
0
anonymous (74722)

How can you disable AUTH verbs in Exchange 5.5 IMC?
Is anyone aware of a way to disable the AUTH verb when using the Internet Mail Connector in Exchange 5.5? I have a suspicion that this can be accomplished by creating a registry entry under the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIMC\Parameters Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. "M.A." <mabbey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5e3cac5f.0401260952.b67a45d@posting.google.com... > Is anyone aware of a way to disable the AUTH verb when using the > Internet Mail Connector in Exchange 5.5? > > I have a...

Passing login user ID as a parameter using HTML
Hi.. My requirement is to display user specific reports on the custom default home page when the user logs into the CRM application I have a Home page where we display the reports in general (for all users) within frames. We call the RDL reports from SQL Reports using the following sample URL code: "http://<server name>/Reportserver?/Salesreport" for displaying the salesreport. Here "Salesreport" is the RDL file which will take User Id as a parameter. Now My requirement is to pass the login User Id as a parameter to the RDL file When executed the followin...

Please help! Displaying only rows with empty cells in a numeric field using Advanced Filter. Thanks
Folks I am learning how to use the Advanced Filter (Menus: Data, Filter, Advanced Filter). I can’t use Autofilter because in some cases I have to look for records that have to meet more than 2 conditions in the same field Some of the fields in the list that I am trying to filter have only numeric values. One of the conditions I am trying to define would allow me to filter the list exposing those rows in a numeric field that are blank (empty cells containing no data). I have tried using the following wildcard and formula combinations� <>* , =C11="" and <g … in the criter...

Specify budget to use at run time in FRx?
Let's say I have 2 budgets defined: FCAST-ORIGINAL and FCAST-REV1. Is there any way to set up an FRx report so that I can specify, at run time, which one of the budgets to utilize on the report? If I need the ability to print reports using either of the two budgets, I'd like to be able to create just one report layout and then tell FRx which one to use when I run the report. Is that possible? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 No, it's not possible. You could create two column layouts and choose between them prior to generating the...

Static Linking on OCX created using MFC in VC++
Hi All, Can any one guide me how to statically link the dependant dlls while creating an OCX component? Thx. in advance. Regards, Clement "M.S.Clement Singh" <clementsingh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<02cf01c3675f$6c987270$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > Hi All, > > Can any one guide me how to statically link the dependant > dlls while creating an OCX component? > > Thx. in advance. > > Regards, > Clement Hi clement, you have not mentioned what are the dlls that you wish to link to the ocx. If you are mentioning about an appwizard crea...

Summing Values using multiple criertia
Does anybody know a formula I could use to sum a range of values based on multiple criertia? Example: Division Type Wage Bulk Driver 200.00 Bulk Admin 400.00 General Admin 500.00 Bulk Driver 100.00 I want to sum the wages for Divison "Bulk" & Type "Driver". How can I do this??? Thanks! Jane =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A4="Bulk")*(B2:B4="Driver")*(C2:C4)) If there are lots of such totals, you may want to consider a pivot table rather than formulas. On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:14:27 -0700, "Jane" <anonymous@dis...

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

Using Buttons
I like to know how to use a button in a spreadsheet (rather than having to enter a value) that when clicked on would equal one (1) and have a default of zero. Hi put something like the following code behind the button: with activesheet.range("A1") .value=-(.value)+1 end with this toggles between 0 and 1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "DaveSunsation" <DaveSunsation@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5EB7E1F8-0D31-42F3-AF6D-F74FC927779F@microsoft.com... > I like to know how to use a button in a spreadsheet (rather than havin...

How to use field values in OnChange Events???
hi all, in an OnChange-Event of an user defined field (named CFPcountry, Picklist) I would like to catch the new value and write it to another field (address1_country). How do i adress this fields? The following code doesn't work: crmForm.address1_country.Value = event.srcElement.returnValue; I would like to transfer the textcontent of the picklist field (e.g. Germany, France, United States etc...), not the index value. Thanks in advance, Dennis The returnValue expando contains the integer representing the selected item while value contains the actual string value. Jason Hunt Techn...

Logging of relayed messages
On an E2K3 server SP1 is there a way to log users that relay messages on this exchange server? We have relaying 'for authenticated users only' set up and/but there are still many programs on our network -that the develpoers have not documented fully, that relay (send) automated emails to our clients. I can not just shut off all relaying -as i want to do, without first allowing the specific IP addreses on our network the ability to continue to relay messages out, so as to not interupt production. check the SMTP logs in windows\system32\logfiles (something like that) and sear...

Using sp result of SELECT
I have a stored procedure in a database in SQL 2008 that has multiple SELECT statements with UNION ALL to get a combined result set. I would like to take the result set and group it by 1 of the columns (ServiceID) and SUM the TransAmount column in the returned set (possibly in another sp). What is the best way to go about this? Below is a small subset of the SP that uses UNION ALL (it is quite large so I abbreviated it for demo purposes). Thanks. SELECT dbo.IncExpTrans.PeopleLinkID AS ClientLinkID, dbo.VendorChecks.CheckDate, dbo.IncExpTrans.TransDate, db...

Australian border/background to use for business card
I need an Australian theme border/background to use on a business card. Can someone help me find something to use...I've searched clipart, etc. Elsie wrote: > I need an Australian theme border/background to use on a business card. Can > someone help me find something to use...I've searched clipart, etc. go to yahoo.com type the word "Australia" into the search window and specify "images" see what a wealth of images you will get!! Pick one and make it your own :) so easy YOU could do it for yourself!!! thanks, but not exactly what I was looking for......

Edit Excel docs using Works?
Is there any way to edit an Excel doc if one only has Microsoft Works 2003? -- bg ...

Relay
I am getting thousands of what looks like smtp relay messages in my IMS outbound queue. This is exchange 5.5sp4 with "require authentication" to relay checked in the IMS setup. Would anyone have any tools or procedures to find the source of this? Thanks ...

Opening File using default viewer
Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. I was hoping to use a CButton and if the user clicks on it, then it would grab the path specified and open the file with the corresponding viewer. thanks. Jon wrote: > Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so > for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or > if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. > > ...

Trouble with hyhens within text when using LOOKUP
I have two columns, each containing a list of part numbers. Some of the part numbers contain hyphens. I am using LOOKUP and/or VLOOKUP to determine if the value in one column exists in the other. This works great on non-hyphenated part numbers. However, it will not find or return the hyphenated part numbers from the specified arrays. As a test, I did a quick if statement to compare the instances of identical hyphenated values that exist in both columns. Those statements did not have a problem with the hyphens. Can anyone offer any help? If hyphens cannot be used in conjunction with the ...

How do you sort records in a table using Database?
I am suppose to sort the table by the Records Series field and then by the Record field. How do I do this? You don't sort a table. Create a query based on the table and sort that. Hope this helps -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Sonja" wrote: > I am suppose to sort the table by the Records Series field and then by the > Record field. How do I do this? ...

i remove the password and decrypte the database so i can use auto
How do i remove the password and decrypte the database so i can use automatic access data collection? it says i need to close and reopne but the database is already open! On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 00:23:01 -0800, brad <brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Read that message again. Hit Ctrl+C while it is open, then Paste into Notepad so you have it for future reference. It says much more than close and reopen. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >How do i remove the password and decrypte the database so i can use automatic >access data collection? >it says i need to close...

Outlook freezes up when using "Find" in deleted Items
A user on our network has a problem with his computer often freezing up when he uses the "find" feature to find a specific message in outlook 2000. we've downlaoded updates, run scanpst, run detect and repair. Still the same problem, checked for viruses and spyware. He really uses the find feature quite a bit since he refers back to emails all the time. Any ideas? Would appreciate any help - we're stumped. Thanks. Please explain why this user keeps items that he wants to search in the trash = deleted items folder? If you notice, the icon for this folder is a tr...

How to use dynamic query in Access 2007 Form?
Dear Friends, I have a table named "class_grades" and with the fields of "First Name", "Last Name", "Age", "Math", "Physics", "Computer" and "State". I would like to build an Access form with dynamic query... 1. For the age and state, it's "drop_down select" 2. For the Math, Physics and Computer, I can enter the number and click an arrow button (to match the number with +/- 10%), then it will show all the matched list. All these "keyin" and "results" should be shown in the...

Is there a 'format painter' equivalent to use on many charts?
I'm trying to format a group of charts (roughly 40) so that they all have the same formatting (font sizes, colors, alignment, etc.). Is there an easy way to do this without having to change every axis and background on every chart? I've tried the trick where you change something on one chart, click on another, and press F4, but it was formatting all text on the chart in the same way. I'm looking to have different fonts for the title, labels, and axis. Thanks! Copy the chart area of one chart, select another, and use Paste Special to paste the formats. Note that this ...

message relaying
Where in exchange 2003 do I check to see if my server is relaying messages. in 5.5 the relay was open by default what about 2003? 2003 is closed by default, but open to autenticated users. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Gonzosez" <tbyam@hinklemfgNS.com> wrote in message news:u$aeyv5gEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Where in exchange 2003 do I check to see if my server is relaying > messages. > in 5.5 the relay was open by default what about 2003? > > .....and in addition: See http://www.vamsoft.co...

Using CSocket with CSocketFile Increases memory usage
Hello All, I am using CSocket derived class with CSocketFile. After I run the application for 6 hours the memory increases in Task Manager by 30000K. The messages sent per second is 30.Has anybody seen such a issue. Regards Partha No, but there are so many problems with CSocket and CSocketFile that it is probably a Really Bad Idea to have used them at all, for any purpose. It sounds like you are not successfully closing some resource. But you would be a lot better off getting rid of them entirely. CSocket is known to be buggy, for example. joe On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 17:30:47 -0700 (PDT),...

using range names in validation
Would like to do validation and use a list that is referenced by a named range. Any way to do this? My main objective is to have validation expand and contract based on the changing list, so if there is another, better way of doing this, that's fine, too. "boris", Go here http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic then here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Rgds, Andy Hi Aladin. > =Sheet1!$A$2:INDEX(MATCH(REPT("z",255),Sheet1!$A:$A)) I tried this and got "too few arguments". I wouldn't know where to start deciphering it,...

problem with server relaying to itself before delivering message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C67E46.F590DD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a very strange problem. On my exchange 2003 server, I set up 2 SMTP virtual servers (mail.com = and mail2.com) If I use smtp to send mail from my workstation via mail2.com , mail2 = delivers the email to mail.com before it gets sent on to the correct = server. I have only one Internet Mail Connector set up. Below is a part of the header in the email: Received: from UnknownHost [196.211.242.18...