Reject email

I have an SBS 2003 server with 5 users. I get email delivered directly to my
Exchange Server (within sbs 2003). I want to reject all email except that
which is sent to a valid email address within my company. CUrrently, any
email address will be accepted. How do I do this?
0
jdssgc (1)

What you describe is certainly not standard behavior.  Where are the invalid
e-mail addresses delivered?  Are you talking about a POP connector?  If
that's what you're talking about, you should post your question to an SBS
newsgroup since the POP connector is specific to SBS.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"jdssgc" <jdssgc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an SBS 2003 server with 5 users. I get email delivered directly to
>my
> Exchange Server (within sbs 2003). I want to reject all email except that
> which is sent to a valid email address within my company. CUrrently, any
> email address will be accepted. How do I do this?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/8/2005 9:32:06 PM
Well, Exchange 2003 does provide the ability to "filter recipients who are
not in the directory".  Perhaps that is what is desired?  Global Settings,
Message Delivery Properties, Recipient filtering tab.  Enable there, and
then enable recipient filtering on the smtp virtual server.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> What you describe is certainly not standard behavior.  Where are the
> invalid e-mail addresses delivered?  Are you talking about a POP
> connector?  If that's what you're talking about, you should post your
> question to an SBS newsgroup since the POP connector is specific to SBS.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "jdssgc" <jdssgc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have an SBS 2003 server with 5 users. I get email delivered directly to
>>my
>> Exchange Server (within sbs 2003). I want to reject all email except that
>> which is sent to a valid email address within my company. CUrrently, any
>> email address will be accepted. How do I do this?

0
Ben

reply to a different email address
We have SBS2000, outlook 2003, isp is POP only and so we use a third party POP mail product. Our email accounts are name@winery.com. This is also our domain. Our email provider has alias accounts for us so that people can send email to us with the same nomenclature. Our sales staff do not have AD accounts and are not users since they are never here but there email looks the same: name@winery.com The problem is we cannot use the reply button because the exchange server cannot find them. Is there a way to set this up so that when someone hits the reply button it automatically sends...

Manually get download email
My email downloads automatically. How can stop this? When I am ready to download, I want to manually click the send/receive button on my toolbar. Is this possible? Thanks DW Grrr - Outlook version? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Douglas asked: | My email downloads automatically. How can stop this? When I am | ready to download, I want to manually click the send/receive button | on my toolbar. Is th...

2 Email servers
Hi, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers on one domain, one site. Users' mailboxes are distributed evenly between the two. I need to drop one server for a few hours to fix some hardware. Should I move mailboxes to the other server, or will incoming mail just wait at the other server until its partner is back up? Thanks Steve not sure your config, but this question is really independent of Exchange version, mail will either queue up or be denied depending on your config. If you are taking down your gateway mail server mail will be returned to the sender, if this server is at least one ...

Email retry timeout exceeded
Hello, I have recently been having problems sending e-mails to my husband and his business partner (but not to other folks). I get the message "retry timeout exceeded." They contacted their webhost who claimed it was an Earthlink issue, Earthlink had me change the server timeout to 10 minutes and when that didn't work, claimed it was a Microsoft issue (since the problem only occurs when I send from Outlook 2003, not from Earthlink's server directly). Any suggestions? Many thanks. ...

SEND PDF FILE AS EMAIL
Using GP 10.0, unable to send a pdf file as email to recipient (such as Detail Aging report to Customer). Using MS Outlook; in version 8.0, Outlook opens after clicking on Send>Mail Recipient>pdf file. -- Howard Gosch This may be a bug, I couldn't get it to work either. "Howard" wrote: > Using GP 10.0, unable to send a pdf file as email to recipient (such as > Detail Aging report to Customer). Using MS Outlook; in version 8.0, Outlook > opens after clicking on Send>Mail Recipient>pdf file. > -- > Howard Gosch We've noticed this issue and...

Convert Report to PDF then Email
Hi Peole, im having some trouble getting my access database to email the pdf thats being created. Ive managed to get the report automatically emailed as a HTMl file but would really love to get the PDF conversion working and as such have tried changing the "docmd.sendobject" I did for the HTMl conversion, so far i've got the report to convert into a pdf (half way through the code below) but the next line of code opens up an email with the subject and email address correct but no pdf file attached, can anybody help me? Private Sub Command344_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Comma...

Clipboard - picture - send
HELLO! http://www1.minpic.de/bild_anzeigen.php ... 31142&ende http://kb.mozillazine.org/Clipboard.paste_image_type Problem in Windows Live Mail. - Here is Thunderbird better. Picture in Clipboard, insert into the mail, the mail is very big, that is bad. Reason maybe it is a bitmap, better jpg format. Have I any possiblities in the settings? Greeting Markus The problem is the size and that is an issue with your server, not which e-mail client you use. Compared to GIFs and JPGs, BMPs are huge. If you can save whatever it is as a GIF, it shou...

WLM Email pop-up notification not working on start up
Hi, Ever since I updated WLM this summer, my Email pop-up notification stopped working ONLY at the start up of my PC. (Before the update it did work.) any other times, it does notifys me though. I don't know why this is happening. I made sure by re-setting all the setting and are correct on WLM. Could anyone help me on this issue? Thank you! ...

Export emails...
Hello, I have a bunch of emails from my customers that need to be exported to be imported onto another computer....Can I do this?? I have all of the emails that I need to export in one folder.... thx Mike Okay, this is pretty easy if you are using Outlook 2002 (XP), I don't know for sure about other versions but I think its close to the same process. Click (in the folder list) to highlight the mail folder in the to be exported. Then click on "File" (menu tool bar), then choose "import and export". The export wizard will open. Then pick the top one; "export...

send email from access
i have been searching the internet for two hrs now and i am really confused with what i have to do. i have a table with all my clients' email addresses. my goal is to send separate email with pdf attachment to each customer separately (not like bcc). i assume i have to create a form with message subject, message body, etc. then i need a "sendemailtoall" command button. could someone help me? i am using office 2003. On Dec 22, 11:07=A0am, angie <an...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have been searching the internet for two hrs now and i am really...

Email Attachment Won't Open
Using Windows Vista Home Premium...Windows Mail...Microsoft Works. Created a file in Microsoft Works and emailed as an attachment. No one can open the file. Message says "Works cannot open." Help...please. -- Saundra Saundra <Saundra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using Windows Vista Home Premium...Windows Mail...Microsoft Works. Created a > file in Microsoft Works and emailed as an attachment. No one can open the > file. Message says "Works cannot open." Help...please. Hum.... This is the group for the Mac version of Office. You probably wo...

Removing XML tags from email description fields
I am looking for a way to remove the XML tags off of the email description when it is shown in any Activity view. Most of the emails are created in Outlook so Java script within the email entity will not help. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to remove the xml tags when the view is created. My client views the associated activity view within an Account and does not want to see the XML within the description field on all the email activities within the list. We are using CRM 4.0. Thanks The easiest thing you can do is just strip the tags using something like: emailbody ...

Outlook email text to Excel
I used the outlook export wizard to pull some emails that I've had sent to Outlook via a sendmail.asp to an Excel format - quite sucessfully and easy too. However, I also need to format the fields within the "body" of the email. The "body" field appears as one column in the Excel spreadshet that is created and I thought I could use the 'text to columns' feature. However, there's these boxes that appear in lieu of spaces that seem to messing up everything. If I try to use the 'delimited' feature when I get to that screen - the data dissappears. W...

Font style change while writing email - from HTML to Plain text
Hi there, Occasionally when writing an email in Outlook 2003, I find that it just changes the email to plain text. Lets say for example I have half written the email, and I am looking through it to review it, before my eyes it just changes as if I had selected the plain text option from the Format menu. But I had not actually done this. Does anyone know why this could be happening? Very bizarre behaviour that would seem like a virus or something, but I'm all up to date in that aspect. Thanks in advance David. ...

Outlook 2003 does not recognize existing emails in 2002/XP PST files
Here is my problem: 1. I am using Yahoo Business Email. 2. I was using Outlook 2002/XP as my email client before I got a new Windows image with Outlook 2003 installed. 3. I moved 2002 PST file to the new desktop; create POP email account identical to the one exit in previous machine, with delivery location to that old PST file. The Problem: when performing Send/Receive, it seems Outlook doesn't recognize that emails are already in the PST and starts downloading the whole punch of emails exist in my account whether they are new or not, which leave inbox with duplicate emails. I thought O...

Hypertext and links in email received
The emails I receive do not have links underlined or in hypertext so that I can click on them and go to the linked web site. How do I fix this?? ...

generating emails
I have a form that once you click a command button, it will pop up an already composed e-mail to be sent via outlook. I need different parts of the composed e-mail to have different colors and fonts. I am new to VB coding... anybody help me out? Since you did not give us your code to work from, I am assuming you are using something similar to Function sbSendMessage(Optional AttachmentPath) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment On Error GoTo ErrorMsg...

Email problem 12-01-09
My computer says I have'nt recieved an email since 7/21/09 but if i log in on a different cpu it works. and i get this message when i try to send an email: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: A Tribute to our Flag', Account: 'Mail.commspeed.net', Server: 'smtp.commspeed.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Account: 'Mail.commspeed.net', Server: 'Mail.commspeed.net', ...

Unable to recv emails with 20MB attachments?
I have a strange situation, SBS 08, exchange 2007, changed all settings to allow up to 50MB file attachments, but, when 2 different domains send attachments of about 9MB, they are not delivered - I can see the connection between the senders server and the SBS server, but it appears that Exchange is not processing the email at all - it's not even in the logs.... From other domains I can send 30MB attachments and they arrive fine. All of the anti-spam services on Exchange are disabled, all the attachment size areas are set to 50MB, individual users limits are UNCHECKED (m...

Suspect Employee
We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email policy. Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? I do not have his password because they are forced to change it every 60 days. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 07:06:01 -0700, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have an employee that is questionable and suspect he is abusing our email >policy. > >Is there a way for me to view his email with out him knowing? > >I do not have his password because they are forced to chan...

Outlook 2003 no Message ID header, all email failing spam tests
I have ran into an issue where a user is running outlook 2003 for email (POP3 mail server, not exchange). The problem is that the new version of outlook does not seem to be including a message id header in any sent messages, and thus our anti-spam software is being triped for all email messages from Outlook 2003. I contacted our anti spam software provider and they said this is a bug in outlook 2003 but didn't really elaborate. Does anyone know of any way to fix this bug, or if Microsoft is actually working on this? ...

Keyboard short cut for Junk email
Does anyone know of, or how to create, a keyboard shortcut that will add a junk email sender address to the junk mail list? I currently have to right click, scroll to junk mail, select add to junk sender list. It would be so much easier to Control + J or something. Please advise, thanks ...

Entourage Opening Emails Automatically #2
I just notice this in the last two days. When I click on a message in my inbox it opens automatically. I used to have to double-click to open a message. This is especially bad if I am trying to select what I suspect are spam messages to delete them because it is automatically opening them when I choose them in the list. If I'm trying to select multiple emails to move them to a folder it opens all the messages. Has anyone seen this behavior or know what to do to stop it? I am not using the preview pane. ...

"Reply to All" returns blank email
I'm running Outlook 2002 client with all the SP's applied on Exchange 5.5, and the glitch is this: After receiving an email as a recipient of a distribution list, I "Reply to All", and after editing and sending, the email is received with a blank message body and a blank subject line. MSKB #290032 indicates that the latest Office SP should correct it, but it doesn't. A quick and dirty solution was to create a "New" email message and cut and paste all the info. Any ideas as to what would cause this behavior? ...

Modifyifng Internet Email Settings In Outlook
My Outlook email account is currently configured to receive internet email and leaving copies of the emails on the server. I would like to change this, so that they are deleted. When I attempt to un-check the box that says, "Leave email copies on the server" and click OK, an alert box opens stating that "This account is already being used." It looks as though there is no way to simply modify the settings. I don't want to go throught the hassle of creating a new account and migrating files over from the existing pst. Please let me know if there is another ...