Rehome Exchange

ex1- Exchange 2000 Standard SP3, Windows 2000 Server Standard SP4 + all the current security patches. The first server in site
ex2-Exchange 2003 Enterprise, Windows 2003 Server Enterprise + all the current security patches

Scenario
1 site with two Exchange servers. The server resides in the same physical location. The old Exchange 2000 should retire and all data and objects should be transferrred to the new Exchange 2003 server
No problem moving mailboxes. I 've followed the instructions for rehoming the public folders and the Free/Busy objects etc. The new server is the master
However, on the old server all the public folders dispalys correctly, when I right-clicking the default public folder tree (MAPI clients) and chooses "Connect to..." and choose the new server which should have a replica of the folders, nothing showes up
I have given the servers several hours to replicate and get in sync. (Total number of folders is below 200 and their weight are below 250 MB

How would a proper rehoming of Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 be made

Best regards
Mike Flyn

Can't send email in OL 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode after E2K cras
I would appreciate any help I can get to resolve a problem that arose after our Exchange 2000 Server SP3 server crashed last week. Any attempt to send an email using Outlook 2003 running in Cached Exchange Mode from any mailbox results in the following NDR being received: ===================================================== From: System Administrator Sent: Wednesday, 18 January 2006 12:18 PM To: 'echo@mimesweeper.com' Subject: Undeliverable: Test message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test message. Sent: 18/01/2006 12...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Exchange 2010 Archive feature
I am trying to understand what the significant of the new Archiving feature in Exchange 2010? if the archive mailbox is located in the same database as the users mailbox, then how does this improve storage capacity or performance of Exchange? Is this feature more about keeping the users inbox clean? On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:59:05 -0700, "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote: >I am trying to understand what the significant of the new Archiving feature >in Exchange 2010? if the archive mailbox is located in the same database as >the users mailbox, then ho...

Exchange 2003 #26
I have two windows 2003 servers on of them has exchange 2003 running on it. How do I get the other server to display the exchange tabs when I open the properties page for a user and add the mail box when creating a new user? Thanks much. You could create a custom MMC >-----Original Message----- >I have two windows 2003 servers on of them has exchange >2003 running on it. How do I get the other server to >display the exchange tabs when I open the properties page >for a user and add the mail box when creating a new user? > >Thanks much. >. > You must install ...

Moving Exchange 5.5 #3
We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd lik to move my Exchange to the new server W2K member of the W2K3 domain. During the change I'd like to change also the organization and site name. Does anyboby have any information on how can easily do this without any client reconfiguration? Thanks TagaR On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:31:06 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where >Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd l...

Incorrect mailbox size reporting Exchange 2003 SP1
Hello, we are facing a little problem with one mailbox on Exchange 2003sp1 the user reached the mailbox size limit and received the messages. however, after deleting mail (and cleaning deleted items), the mailbox size is still showing 300 mb, even though the actual size in outlook is 5 mb. for other mailboxes, it is immediate, both when size increases or decreases. the only mails left are the dumpster, but it shouldn't count on mailbox quota. Does Anybody know what i could check ? I know i can recreate another mailbox and transfer mails, but i hope there is a more 'elegant' solu...

Connect to Exchange Server through outlook over the internet?
Hello, I am trying to connect to an exchange web server using the normal version of Outlook 2003. I cannot seem to do that even though I set it up to connect to the web server in the setting. What do I need to do on either the exchange server or in my Outlook in order to make this connection? Thank you very much. What method are you using to connect to work remotely, VPN? What method is supported by your company? Your IT department would have all the pertinent information and be able to assist you with this. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Exchange certificate error outlook 2007
We installed a GOdaddy SSL certificate on our exchange 2007 server. On our outlook 2007 clients we are getting an outlook 2007 certificate error. It looks like its pointing to our firewall (see attached file) The error : This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. We follewed instructions on how to install the certificate from digicert.com. I assume these are correct. We also checked out this blog http://www.shudnow.net/2007/08/10/outlook-2007-certificate-error/ I'm wondering why the certificate is po...

Forward Mail with Unresolved Recipients to a Single Mailbox (Exchange 5.5.2650.21)
How can I remove forwarding of all the email with unresolved recipients to the administrator? TNX Hi Joe, You can customize which NDRs you receive in the IMS Admin mailbox by going to the properties of the IMS, Internet Mail tab and clicking on customize. The server will still send NDRs regardless of this setting, but will not copy the admin. -- hth, SusanV <joe@unknown.org> wrote in message news:k6r120lul35vr88r9lt8ena4003u39b3re@4ax.com... > > > How can I remove forwarding of all the email with unresolved > recipients to the administrator? > > TNX Il Wed, 4 F...

How to disconect exchange 5.5 and Midle server from Exchange 2003 Cluster.
I'm running a clustered Echange2003 and just completed the migration from Exchange 5.5. Anyone got any info on how to disconnect old exchange and the Exchange server that was acting as a gateway for replication while I was doing migration. ...

Adding Toronto Exchange to watch list
I've just re-installed Money 03 and now I need to add the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) to my "Investment Watch List". It's not listed in the list of exchanges. Can someone help? Thanks Is there anyone out there that can answer this for me??? Anyone??? On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:12:05 -0400, Steve P <Steve25261@comcast.net> wrote: >I've just re-installed Money 03 and now I need to add the Toronto >Stock Exchange (TSX) to my "Investment Watch List". It's not listed >in the list of exchanges. > >Can someone help? > >Thanks In ...

IMF on Exchange 2003 SP1 not working
After a disaster recovery, IMF doesn't appear to be working. I removed it through add/remove programs and reinstalled. It didn't appear to create the UCE folder. Which UCE folder? Do you mean the archive folder? Can you check performance counters - are any messages being scanned by IMF? It the Total Messages Acted Upon counter increasing? Are you getting any messages with SCLs above your gateway threshold? Is the action set to Archive? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "brad306" <bk@...

Exchange 2003 and Digital Certificates
Does anyone know where to find the HOW TOs on: Install/configure Digital Certificates for or on Exchange 2003? We are currently setup with Windows 2003 AD and Exchange 2003 and we want not only Exchange 2003 but all of the servers and/or documents using some form of digital certificate or PKI. Thanks in Advance and any help is greatly appreciated Please check the following article: 823568 HOW TO: Configure Exchange Server 2003 OWA to Use S/MIME http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823568 -- Jeremiah Waldon Jr. Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is ...

problem with deleting items via OWA on Vista
Good afternoon! We are working on a big project and I have heard from my colleagues that a couple of users are having problems when attempting to delete e-mails when using OWA. Now, unfortunately this is all I know. The colleague who has heard directly from the client is not available for the next several hours. Here is what I do know: Server-side: Exchange Server 2003 SP2 fully patched - did this myself Windows Server 2003 R2 fully patched Two different OUs (CORPORATE Users and KIOSK Users) - did this myself Two different Mailbox Stores (Corporate and KIOSK) - did this myself Differ...

Connecting Outlook to Exchange
Hi, I've got a new laptop, I need to connect it to the office's Exchange Server using RPC over the internet. When I select Add exchange account, do I just type in the name of my exchange server? Because when I do this, it tries to look for the domain and won't let me connect to Exchange because I'm not connected to the LAN. I know I can configure it to use RPC, but it won't let me get into the options to set this up.... Can this be done? Cheers Tristan ...

CRM 4.0
Hi How does one configure a WF Local Service / Data Exchange Service in CRM 4.0? In a custom WF host I can accomplish this by specifying the service in the host application's configuration file. Is this approach possible with CRM 4.0? I understand that the workflow runtime is hosted by the CRM Asynchronous Service, and I have been able to register custom WF Activity as detailed in the CRM SDK documentation. However I can find no references to registering / configuring a local service. Any help much appreciated! Regards, Gareth On Oct 23, 1:38=A0pm, rgdav...@gmail.com wrote: > H...

Creating forwarding rule in Exchange
Exchange 2003 SP2 If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com, is it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this: All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be forwarded to foo@domain.com If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be created? 1. You need some recipient to have the email address fee@domain.com 2. No native facility to selectively forward mail from a particular smtp address only. You could either do it usi...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

Exchange 2003 Offline Defrag
Hi, Wondered if someone could confirm exactly how much space is require on the hard drive to perform an offline defrag of the private database. I'm told it's 110% of the combined size of the priv1.edb and priv1.stm files? If this is the case I'm going to be cutting it pretty fine on our server and wondered I go ahead and run it will it simply error at the begining that there's not enough space? I don't want to start it, wait for hours and then get a message saying failed..... TIA Rick On Wed, 4 May 2005 16:26:04 +0100, "rp" <rpurse#hotmailrubbis...

Exchange 2003 / IIS 6.0 WMI Install problem
Some, about half of our fresh installed Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 servers are missing WMI performance classes for monitoring. The only class we know of that does not appear to be installed is: Win32_PerfRawData_SMTPSVC_SMTPServer Contains many sub functions and events that can be monitored. Is there a way to copy the WMI class from one machine that has them to another? We have tried reinstalling SMTP and Exchange 2003, but may have failed because the WMI service kept starting up on its own during the reinstall process, are there any other services or applications we can uninsta...

Why does Exchange create its own profiles?
I had to recreate a user's Outlook profile, and when I went into the Control Panel, Mail, there were 35 BACKUP profiles, just called BACKUP ## or Outlook. I removed them, did the work I had to do, and checked again, and another one had been created. This one user gets this every time they open Outlook. Has anyone else come across this, or have any suggestions on what to check? We use Exchange 2003. ...

There is not enough space on the Exchange Server to store all of your rules.
Here is the problem we are having. We have been doing a server upgrade for a domain. The new and old servers are running Windows NT 4.0 and Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. The Exchange Server was installed on the old PDC, but according to government standards, it must be located on the new BDC. We used the ExMerge utility to backup all user mailboxes (approximately 130) to a workstation. We then restored the mailboxes to the new BDC where they belonged. All users are able to access their old mail, and all of their old folders. Unfortunately, when some users try to activate the ru...

Outlook 2003
I have recently purchased Office 2003 Professional...how do I know if my Outlook 2003 or Outlook Business Contact Manager has Exchange Server?? Is there any advantages or disadvantages to using Exchange Server. I run Windows 2000 Professional (desktop) and Windows XP (laptop) on a simple home network linking the 2 computers Exchange server is a server program that costs lots of money and requires a second computer to use it. You would know if you had it. There are a lot of advantages to using Exchange server, however it's not generally cost effective for home or very small business u...

Exchange 2003 OWA Front End Server
Hello everyone, just a quick question regarding best practice for OWA. I have three large sites (about 500 to 700 users per site). In the main site (700 users), I wanted to use a Front End E2k3 Front End server and allow all users in the domain to have access to it. From the main site, i have VPN tunnels built to the other two sites using full T1 lines. My question is whether or not it's ok to use an OWA server as a front end server for remote mailbox stores. So a user that is in Europe would log into a front end server in North America to get to his or her mailbox through OWA. See w...

Exchange SP2 "Move All Replicas"
Hello, Was curious if the "Move All Replicas" feature will move Public folder replicas from Exch2K to Exch2003 w/sp2? Also, does it matter if some folders are already replicating? thanks - On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:22:02 -0700, Jim@bg <Jim@bg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > Was curious if the "Move All Replicas" feature will move Public folder >replicas from Exch2K to Exch2003 w/sp2? Also, does it matter if some folders >are already replicating? > >thanks - 1) Yes. 2) No. Mark, Thanks, guess that was an easy one. Not much dir...