Redirect Rule

At work, we have some people who use redirect or forward rules to
receive their mail at home instead of using OWA, which we have allowed
for.  Recently, we have had complaints of bounces from an e-mail
address that doesn't exist from some people who are sending to
Distribution Lists in Exchange 2007.

The behavior of the server is such that I can't seem to find the
originator in our system who is redirecting mail to this outside
disabled account.  Since they are using Redirect instead of Forward
rules, the original sender is receiving the NDR instead of the person
with the bad rule.

I have the bouncing e-mail address, but can't find who is redirecting
to it.

Can anyone offer a suggestion to tracking the mailbox rule that is
causing this?

Thank you,

Michael Dzikowski
0
Michael

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:04:39 -0800 (PST), Michael <dzikowmj@gmail.com>
wrote:

>At work, we have some people who use redirect or forward rules to
>receive their mail at home instead of using OWA, which we have allowed
>for.  Recently, we have had complaints of bounces from an e-mail
>address that doesn't exist from some people who are sending to
>Distribution Lists in Exchange 2007.
>
>The behavior of the server is such that I can't seem to find the
>originator in our system who is redirecting mail to this outside
>disabled account.  Since they are using Redirect instead of Forward
>rules, the original sender is receiving the NDR instead of the person
>with the bad rule.
>
>I have the bouncing e-mail address, but can't find who is redirecting
>to it.
>
>Can anyone offer a suggestion to tracking the mailbox rule that is
>causing this?

If you have the message-id (I think) you should be able to find it in
the message tracking logs.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Rule to forward e-mail but only between certain hours of the day
Is there anyway to get an Outlook rule in Exchange to forward e-mails received during certain hours of the day. E.g. only e-mails received at the weekend. Either using regular Exchange or with an add-in to Exchange. Ideally I would like the solution to forward only certain fields from the e-mail. Thanks. ...

message rules #11
Hello, I have a profile with multiple accounts. I created folders for each account and subfolders within each account folder. For example: I have an account "Personal" and created a folder "Personal". In this folder I have subfolder "Family" and subfolder "Friend". This is how I set up the rule: Apply this rule after the message arrives through Personal account and with Family in the sender's address and on this machine only move it to the Family folder The message goes into the Personal folder instead of the Family folder. How doe I set up a rul...

Redirecting http to https for OWA
I am trying to redirect http to https. I works when I type in Http://mail.domain.com/exchange but not when I type in http://mail.domain.com. My users currently type in https://mail.domain.com to get their mail. I just want to drop the (S). Why do I have to add the /exchange? I am on Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Tyson, did you include in the redirection URL the /exchange? It is required. I usually require the users to type in HTTPS. That way, I don't have to open up port 80, only port 443. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com "Tyson" <Tyson@d...

Workflow rule for appointment creation
Hello! I want to use following rule when new appointment created by the user: Create e-mail with appointment start time and regarding object. But when I use dynamic values from the appointment attributes list, I cannot find regarding attribute and start time attribute is always null in my e-mail. How is it possible to show appointment start time and regarding object in the e-mail? ...

Running rules on mailbox other than the default
I seem to remember someone on her saying that rules in Outlook won't run on anything other than the default mailbox. I'm curious to know why that is and if anyone has ideas on how to get around that. My situation is as follows...I'm running Outlook 2003 that connects through Microsoft Exchange Server (I don't know which version). I have 3 different mailbox folders that I can access in Outlook: My personal mailbox (all the mail that comes in addressed to me), a mailbox for security issues (all the mail that comes in addressed to the security email), and another one for...

VALIDATION RULES #2
I WANT TO SET UP A VALIDATION RULE THAT APPLIES ONLY TO A SPECIFIC COLUMN (INSTEAD OF ENTIRE WORKSHEET), AND ALLOWS DUPLICATE DATA TO BE ENTERED ONLY ONCE. PLS HELP ME! Try this example from Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "ANGIE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A54037B-7B7F-4703-9B7D-629C0BDEE4A7@microsoft.com... > > I WANT TO SET UP A VALIDATION RULE THAT APPLIES ONLY TO A SPECIFIC COLUMN (I...

Rules window doesn't display
When I go to Tools: Rules the rules wizard flashes and goes away. I cannot get it to display at all. This happens on 2 pc's and my laptop. Anyone have an idea of what is going on and how I can fix this? ...

Can' save rule
I am unable to save new rules or changes to rules using Outlook 2002. I get this message when I Click "Ok" to close the wizard: A value in the 'Rule Description' box has not been set. To set a value, click underlined words at the bottom of the rules wizard. I am doing what the message says. I have been donig this for a couple of years. This message began appearing recently and I need to set some rules. I am forced to cancel any new rules or changes. Thanks for any help. God Bless, Mark A. Sam Check to see if it is disabled in the HELP under diabled items >-----...

Rules: The Operation Failed
Hi guys, some time ago I had a problem and Outlook shut down and I had to run the pst repair. That caused my inbox to be renamed lost and found/8802. I have since deleted that file and created a new folder called Inbox that my mail goes to. Unfortunately when I deleted the lost/found folder, my rules went with it. When I now select Tools/Rules and Alerts, I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". So what to do? If I restore the backup I'm just back to having everything sit in that annoying lost and found folder. Is there any way to have Outlo...

Imported rules disappear
After building a new system and importing my .pst and rules I noticed that the next time I loaded Outlook 2k, my rules were gone. How do I import and keep my old rules? wow no smart guys know anything about rulz's i thought it place to get help from others know tyself be true >-----Original Message----- >After building a new system and importing my .pst and >rules I noticed that the next time I loaded Outlook 2k, my >rules were gone. How do I import and keep my old rules? >. > >-----Original Message----- >wow no smart guys know anything ab...

Outlook Rules: 2003/sp2 Reports Offliine, When OnLine..
Hi, everyone. I've been unable to find a quick answer to this one, so I thought I should post. here's the config: Server: Win2003/Exchange2003&sp1 - brand new install. Also has Symantec Mail Security, with Anti-Spam option. In CoLo space. Ain't going down.. anytime soon. Client: My craptop. *grin* WinXP Pro, seperate domain. Outlook 2003, sp2. Accesses the Exchange via RPC over SSL, certificate from FreeSSL.com. Yes, It is in "cached" mode. History: Worked *FLAWLESSLY* for the first 24 hours, for everything I tested.. including building a half do...

Web Site Redirect
I recently reinstalled Win XP Pro on my wife's pc. The pc has 512mb of ram which is plenty for her use. The HDD is 160gb. SP2 is installed and all critical updates have been installed. I did keep IE6 rather than update to IE7 or IE8. The issue is that she plays online games at king.com and has for quite a while. Now when she trys to sign in with username and password as soon as she clicks into the username box, she gets redirected to a Radio Shack ad page and therefore can not sign in. I have done a lot of research and have found no fix for this problem. Some sugg...

Exchange rule after Rule Deployment Wizard
Hi, using the Rule Deployment Wizard in CRM 4 adds a rule to the selected users, viewable through the users Outlook. Our users have at least two mail addresses with different domain ending. The rule says "Where my name is in the To or Cc box". This does only get one of the addresses (default?) to process its emails to the forward mailbox. Sending mails to the other address does not forward them to the mailbox. If I remove the "Where my name is in the To or Cc box" condition the mails get forwarded. Is this the correct way to fix this? Is there a way to change the rule t...

Rules Wizard
Hi I want to set up a rule similar to the Outlook Exprees options of Where the To contains people Do not download a message I can't find any options to stop the downloading of a message. Any ideas? -- ______________________ Regards David Hanmer In article <OMxQ6#bUDHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dwh@mh-s.co.uk says... > Hi > > I want to set up a rule similar to the Outlook Exprees options of > > Where the To contains people > Do not download a message > > I can't find any options to stop the downloading of a message. > > ...

Rule for "this has been deleted without being read"
Isit possible to set up a rule which permanently deletes the email and sends a reply to the sender saying "this has not been read" regardless of whether they put a read receipt on or not? A member of staff has been receiving unwanted emails, and they have requested that the sender (known to the person) is informed these are not being read. (At this moment it is unfeasabile to change email address for member of staff). I've tried setting up Rules with Outlook templates but it only sends it the once per Outlook session, not for each email. I cannot do it with a server message a...

Microsoft Outlook Rules
Could anyone tell me how to alphabetize the display of Rules in the Microsoft Outlook rules wizard. ...

mailbox redirection
Hi all, Newbie to Exchange... Server 2003 w/Exchange. I need to set up an alias that gets redirected to a specific user. In other words, I want to set up a mailbox that can be redirected to various people at any time. I know I can create an account and then redirect that, but I was wondering if there is another way, without actually creating an account on the system. thanks Nate Nate Harel wrote: > Hi all, > > Newbie to Exchange... > > Server 2003 w/Exchange. > > I need to set up an alias that gets redirected to a specific user. In > other words, I want to set u...

Can't Import Rules into Outlook 2003
Hello all, I hope my note finds you doing well. My computer at work was recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything came across fine EXCEPT my Rules. I tried to import them, here is what I did step by step: 1. Tools Menu, Rules and Alerts 2. Options, then Import Rules 3. I was instantly brought to the file holding my rules. I clicked on the Files of type and selected Outlook 2000 compatible Rules Wizard rules (*.rwz) 4. I clicked on the arrow next to file name which showed the path/location of my rules file. I clicked on the file and the name appeared in the box. I the...

Limit to number of Rules in MS Outlook Express 2002?
Hey all, So, I love my email inbox Rules. I subscribe to lots of listservs for my work account, and the incoming mail Rules- -shuffling off each of these list emails to their respective folders--keeps me sane. Problem is, I apparently can't create any more rules-- every time I do, it replaces one that already exists. I'm also finding that some of my rules have been mysteriously turned off. Anyone know why that would happen? My office recently got the MS Exchange Server; would it have anything to do with that? All of my rules are client-only. Is there a limit to how many r...

Non-clustered index design rules...
Hi, Are there any general rules of thumb when it comes to designing non- clustered indexes? For instance, given an example table like the following: CREATE TABLE dbo.table1 ( table1_id INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, customer_id INT NOT NULL, file_date DATETIME NOT NULL, customer_name VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, industry_code CHAR(3) NOT NULL, country VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL -- Other fields etc... ); ALTER TABLE dbo.table1 ADD CONSTRAINT pk_table1 PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (table1_id); And the following query between the table above and another ta...

OL2003 Trying to use Junk Mail & Rules together but Not Working
Hello, first time post here. I've got three e-mail accounts setup. Essentially I have set up a single message rule so that all e-mail from one of those accounts goes into its own specific folder other than the Inbox. I mostly get junk from this account and would also like it processed through the Junk Mail filter as well. The problem is that all the e-mail from that account is being dumped into the folder but is not also being processed by the automatic Junk Mail, which I want. Instead, the specific folder gets mostly spam and I have to delete it all individually, sifting through it to fi...

saving attachments via a rule
hello we are running exchange 2000 sp3 with OL2003 on the client PCs. we have text files (CSVs) sent in from our of site offices via email that have to be put in to a database for stat collection. now here is the question.... how can i strip the attachment from the incoming email to a temp folder so i can run a script on it to load it into the SQL database?? i have had a look around google and people say to use 3rd party software to do simalar jobs but my boss is relactant to use 3rd party stuff. more to go wrong etc.. any ideas?? cheers andrew I think you're limited to either wr...

How do you setup workflow rules?
I would like to establish a set of rules that will automatically assign a series of tasks that defines our sales process. This process takes a propect through a series of activities in a specified period of time that will move the prospect to a close. You define this throught he Workflow Manager on the CRM server. It is also only available with a professional license. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:53:03 -0700, "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I ...

Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard's "Import Rules" changed all named folders to "specified"
After reinstalling Outlook 2000 and attempting to import the rules file, every rule previously entered has lost the folder where the e-mail that meets the criteria is supposed to be moved. The word "specified" is in the spot where the folder name used to be. Why have my folder settings been lost? ...

Forward Rule for Outlook Web Access
I would like to have all my emails that come to my Web Access account automatically forwarded to my account at home. It is simple to do with a rule on standard outlook but I cannot find the same mechanism on the Web. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave. You can't create rules in OWA - perhaps your Exchange administrator can set up a mail-enabled contact or custom recipient (depending on the version of Exchange) for your home account and use 'alternate delivery' on your mailbox to forward all inbound mail to your external addresss. Dave wrote: > I would like to have all my email...