recurring appointments showing incorrectly by 1 hour

I have performed all microsoft updates but since the time change Sunday,
recurring appointments in the public folders are off by one hour in March
but in April and on after the normal time change the appointments are at the
correct time.  Is there something by way of a patch or change that needs to
be made with exchange?  All single appointments are correct and email is
showing the correct times it is just recurring appointments and in March
only.

0
rmwatrich (147)

Try running tzmove.exe for outlook on each public folder with the
switch -onlyreoccuring and it should try and move the reoccuring meetings
only...

"Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have performed all microsoft updates but since the time change Sunday,
>recurring appointments in the public folders are off by one hour in March
>but in April and on after the normal time change the appointments are at
>the correct time.  Is there something by way of a patch or change that
>needs to be made with exchange?  All single appointments are correct and
>email is showing the correct times it is just recurring appointments and in
>March only.

0
RealDeal1 (61)
3/12/2007 4:13:38 PM
running this on the server that is has exchange 2003 on it?

<RealDeal1@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Try running tzmove.exe for outlook on each public folder with the
> switch -onlyreoccuring and it should try and move the reoccuring meetings
> only...
>

> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have performed all microsoft updates but since the time change Sunday,
>>recurring appointments in the public folders are off by one hour in March
>>but in April and on after the normal time change the appointments are at
>>the correct time.  Is there something by way of a patch or change that
>>needs to be made with exchange?  All single appointments are correct and
>>email is showing the correct times it is just recurring appointments and
>>in March only.

0
rmwatrich (147)
3/12/2007 4:18:58 PM
Mark,

This will not really help you, but I have the same problem and thought I
would get the discussion going.

The Exchange Calendar Update Tool docs say that the tool does not support
public folder calenders and to refer to the Outlook Time Zone Data Update
Tool.  But the Outlook Tool docs make no mention of public folder calendars
that I can find.

In my case, I am telling users they have to recreate the recuring
appointments, but I know that will not work for everyone.

*Shrug*

Evan

"Mark" wrote:

> I have performed all microsoft updates but since the time change Sunday,
> recurring appointments in the public folders are off by one hour in March
> but in April and on after the normal time change the appointments are at the
> correct time.  Is there something by way of a patch or change that needs to
> be made with exchange?  All single appointments are correct and email is
> showing the correct times it is just recurring appointments and in March
> only.

No. You never want to put Outlook on the same server as Exchange. the mapi
dll's will conflict. Run it on a client machine that has outlook 2003 or
later installed. Also, you need to run it as an account that has ownership
rights to the public folder calendar.

I just made myself owner of all the calendars then ran it from my client.
Worked like a charm. Oh yeah, you should install the hotfix for tzmove
(outlook version) if you intend to do anything complex:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933146

To do reoccuring only and to not send out updates, at cmd line:

tzmove.exe -onlyrecurring /forcerebasesuppressallupdates

This should be executed from \program files\microsoft office\office12\

> running this on the server that is has exchange 2003 on it?
>
> <RealDeal1@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> Try running tzmove.exe for outlook on each public folder with the
>> switch -onlyreoccuring and it should try and move the reoccuring meetings
>> only...
>>

>> "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have performed all microsoft updates but since the time change Sunday,
>>>recurring appointments in the public folders are off by one hour in March
>>>but in April and on after the normal time change the appointments are at
>>>the correct time.  Is there something by way of a patch or change that
>>>needs to be made with exchange?  All single appointments are correct and
>>>email is showing the correct times it is just recurring appointments and
>>>in March only.

0
RealDeal1 (61)
3/12/2007 4:30:21 PM
You don't even need to delete/recreate; open the recurring item, open
Series, click on
Recurrence button, and save.  The time will change properly.

It a pain, but easier that delete/recreate.

Tom...

"Evan McNally" <EvanMcNally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mark,
>
> This will not really help you, but I have the same problem and thought I
> would get the discussion going.
>
> The Exchange Calendar Update Tool docs say that the tool does not support
> public folder calenders and to refer to the Outlook Time Zone Data Update
> Tool.  But the Outlook Tool docs make no mention of public folder
> calendars
> that I can find.
>
> In my case, I am telling users they have to recreate the recuring
> appointments, but I know that will not work for everyone.
>
> *Shrug*
>
> Evan
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
>> I have performed all microsoft updates but since the time change Sunday,
>> recurring appointments in the public folders are off by one hour in March
>> but in April and on after the normal time change the appointments are at
>> the
>> correct time.  Is there something by way of a patch or change that needs
>> be made with exchange?  All single appointments are correct and email is
>> showing the correct times it is just recurring appointments and in March
>> only.

0
tkarpowski (81)

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Cr=E9er_un_formulaire_ou_une_feuille_sous_excel_2007_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=28type_formulaire_mode_cr=E9ation_sous_access=29?=
Bonjour, Cela fait lontemps que je n'ai pas retoucher au option avancer d'excel et au vb. De plus ma soci=E9t=E9 =E9tant pass=E9 sous 2007 j'ai perdu tous = mes rep=E8res. Enfin apr=E8s un tour sur le forum et excel labo j'ai retrouv=E9 mes outil formulaire de la versions 2003 avec l'onglet develloppeur mais je n'arrive pas =E0 me souvenir comment on cr=E9er la frame sous excel qui permet d'ajouter dessus des bouton, checkbox... ( c'est comme l'outil formulaire sous access) j'esp=E8re que j'ai =E9t=E9 clair et vous remercie par avance de votre aide=...

Incorrect Simple Math
61.48-61.42=0.0599999999999952 Why? This happens frequently in various formulas. 66555.54-66081.35=474.189999999988 What is going on? Surely I'm not the only one that has noticed this? -- mklalli ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mklalli's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12973 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483140 This is simply round-off error. The result of the calculation is not exact and corresponds to the nearest value that can be represented by the IE...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

Appointment shows error
I send meeting reminder to my collegue, but they could not open the item. OLXP and 2003 users could open but OL 2000 users still have the error.Whats wrong- it is showing an error. I use ol xP with windowsXP. Is it their problem or with my OLXP. can u advise me? Microsoft offers a hotfix for Outlook 2000 to improve its compatibility = with iCal/vCal 2.0 meeting requests. See = http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D823199 . Alternatively, have = Outlook 2002/2003 senders avoid using reminders in the meeting requests = they send to Outlook 2000 recipients.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

unread email shows 3 envelopes
strangest thing....my unread/read emails shows three envelopes instead of one...I have the latest virus scan and checked for virus known found, checked for virus with mcafee online(free) nothing...have the latest office update and windows...I don't get any wierd errors or bsod. can anybody help appreciate it very much. >-----Original Message----- >strangest thing....my unread/read emails shows three >envelopes instead of one...I have the latest virus scan >and checked for virus known found, checked for virus with >mcafee online(free) nothing...have the latest offic...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

Barra de Publicidade que =?ISO-8859-1?Q?d=E1?= dinheiritos !!! #4
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

MS POS 1.0 Install error...
Im using XP PRO SP2 ..net 1.1 installed MS SQLServer installed When i try and install MS Point of Sale 1.0 , i get this error message at the end of the install, when it says "Installing and configuring database" ------Error Message------ System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at Microsoft.Rms.Installation.CustomActions.Utilities.OpenSqlPortInFirewall(String installPath, String portNumber, String& errorMessage...

Recurring Bills Glitch in 05
I noticed an earlier thread describing a problem where bills no longer showed up anywhere but the calendar view. I am seeing something along the same lines but my bills show up normally for the next two months, then nothing in November. In December, I again get a full list but January only shows one entry. The calendar view shows everything so it seems the glitch is confined to the line-by-line display. I had a pretty large automatic update download into Money today, but I can't say for sure if this problem just appeared. I had not noticed it the previous two days after upgrading fro...

I need to do a slide show on information technology careers
where is a good place where I can find pictures as well as information for a slide show You can find lots of photographs in the Clip Art section of http://office.microsoft.com -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "c hill" <c hill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:358D5DB0-5B91-447A-B0F3-F2C81203D091@microsoft.com... > where is a good place where I ca...

Help! Appointments all moved by an hour!
Hi Everyone... I have Exchange Server 2003 on an Windows Server 2003 box. Latest updates for everything, but the time change moved all of my appointments on some calendars by 1 hour! Not all calendars were effected. I see there is a knowledgebase article on it, but it applies to the Jerusalem time zone, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867475/, not sure if I can use it or not... anyone else experience this problem in the Eastern United States, Daylight Savings Time... anyone else had the same issue? Thanks for any help? Yes, I am having the same issue with the president of the comp...

Format a cell to display decimal hours.
How do I format a cell to display decimal hours? Instead of displaying 3:45 (for 3 hours, 45 minutes), which is one of the standard formats, I'd like to display 3.75 (hours). h.hh doesn't do it. The above is formatting for an elapsed time calculation (finish time minus start time). (On a "time card") Excel 2000. Will a later Excel do it for me? Some good source for a parsing function? Any good reference? Thanks, Fred Holmes Fred, Format the cell in #.## format and multiply your result by 24. http://HelpExcel.com "Fred Holmes" wrote: > How do I forma...

Open file(2) from file(1) and then close file(1)
I need to open a file(2) when I open file(1) and then close file(1) File(1) name can change so I need variables. sequence will be Open File(1) Open File(2)... I do it by the following macro: Public LaunchFile As String 'in this public variable I want to keep file(1) name Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lDir, lFile, lFileMtr As String lDir = Sheets("launch").Range("B2") & "\" 'direction of my file to open lFile = Sheets("launch").Range("B3") & ".xls" 'file name to openm lFi...

How do 1 set up square or round labels 12 per sheet in Publisher?
I'm trying to use Avery 5294 and can't seem to manipulate publisher to set up 12 squares or rounds 3 across x 4 down. gbdonart wrote: > I'm trying to use Avery 5294 and can't seem to manipulate publisher > to set up 12 squares or rounds 3 across x 4 down. ============================ What version of Publisher are you using? In Pub 2003 you could try the following: Create one label and go to...File / Page Setup... Choose... Avery J8164 Avery L7164 On the print screen you can make adjustments if you click the "Adjust Label Printing" button. FWIW.....

Hyperlinks show code when Composing
Something changed in my settings and now when I'm composing my e-mails, the destination address shows up in my text body instead of the hyper link that I created. How can I change it back? Example: I get {HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com"} instead of my Hyperlink phrase being highlighted in blue & underlined: Click here to go to the Micorsoft website While composing go to the Tools menu > Options > View tab > Uncheck Field Codes. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3810D6A-C8AB-4184-9BFF-DFBEC41D6326@micros...

Incoming Mail Routed Incorrectly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C5770F.EC215770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, This may be more relevant to SBS group but I've posted here as well = since it's an Exchange issue. Over the weekend upgraded SBS 2000 to SBS = 2003 including Exchange 2003. Also applied latest service packs. POP3 = connector is configured with a global mailbox and routing rules for = incoming mail. The problem we are having is incoming mail is sometimes = routed incorrectly - and it seem...

Credit Card Transactrions Not Showing up in Reports
In May of this year I closed a Disovercard account because the # had been compromised. I closed the account in Money. I got a new account # and I created a new Discover account in Money. Both accounts have been updated with transactions via direct connect. (Not the old since May of course) I noticed that the ledger looked different in the new account, different than my checking ledger (and previously, my Discover ledger) and my current Visa ledger had looked. The layout of my Visa nd checking ledgers is identical, columnwise and line wise. I thought nothing of this dfference. Also, it...

12-24 hour delay in receiving messages in Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 appears to be holding my incoming message for a few hours before delivering them to my mailbox. Here are the details: When I first open Outlook 2003 in the morning, I get all my overnight email. I will then get a couple of email messages during the day, but not all. When I go to another machine at 5 pm, I find messages that were sent to me, for instance at 1 pm, but which Outlook 2003 had not delivered to me on the first machine by 4:30 pm. On the first machine, if I use Outlook Express, all my messages come to me immediately, so it seems like it is an Outlook 2003 ...

clipboard shows busy but is not
i am trying to paste material from word perfect but clipboard says busy when i know it is not - any help?-- katherine Are you pasting to Publisher? Word Perfect is not exactly compatible with Publisher. Have you tried copying into Word and then Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "katydids" <katydids@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D76EFB95-9646-4830-BE0F-C87A31C03778@microsoft.com... >i am trying to paste material from word perfect but clipboard says busy when > i know...

2 Stubborn Outlook Clients and 1 OWA Headache
Beautiful new 2003 setup that works for the whole organization except = two=20 machines. Both machines have Outlook 2003 for Office fresh from the=20 server. One is Win 2000, one XP. Latest IE and service packs/security=20 patches etc. Every time I try to add an Exchange account it says the = server=20 can't be found or Oulook is offline. I've reinstalled til I"l blue. Both = machines=20 are in the Domain with full Internet/net access and no other issues. = Some=20 registry/dll is driving me batty. One of the machines also has issues with OWA. Reinstalled IE 6.1 a few=20 times......

Print to Adobe PDF not showing up in Publisher toolbar
Hi, Does anyone know why I do not have the option to print to Adobe PDF? The user just wants to be able to convert the MS Publisher file to PDF. It cannot be selected when I choose which printer to print to. It is also not up in the toolbar for MS Publisher & probably some of the other MS Office apps as well. The user was using Adobe reader v7 but then one day the option to print to Adobe disappeared. I have since installed v9 then rolled back to v8 & neither of them allow the user to select it in the printer selection as an option. Thanks for any input, Marcus Marcus wrote...

how to show addresses, not names in to field
i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. i just want to have the e-mail addresses from my Contacts show in the "TO" field as e-mail addresses, NOT their names. this is help/about/line 2 "Internet Mail Only - Security Update" PLEASE help THANKS! Read the responses to all your other posts. The answer is still no. IMO provides no access to the Display Name field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "outlook victim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bbe01c425b5$5fde29c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2000, Windows XP-Pro. > i...

Field (Account Rating code) not showing up in Advanced Find
We use the Account Rating code or ABC code to define our customers. This field does not show up in the Advanced Find feature in CRM 3.0. All the others seem to be there. Can anyone tell me how to get this to show up? thanks for the help. Angela Hi, Go at the attributes of account ( in customization ) . select the attribute and click on edit . set the searchable = Yes . regards Aami Hi Aami, I appreciate the follow up but I don't see the option to select searchable = to yes I only see Display Name, Schema Name, Requirement Level, Description and then the picklist selection. ...