Recovery Storage Group error when trying to add database #2

Can you please tell me where I would make the change to the DN as described
below?

Hi,
The problem is that in the distinguished name of the database there is a
single
parenthesis without its match.  Examples of this would include:

cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG1,cn=First Storage Group,....
cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG2),cn=Second Storage Group (TestServer,cn=...

If you add the closing parenthesis and force replication of the Active
Directory
the "Add Databases to Recover" dialog should work properly.

The problem is the LDAP request that is sent to the Domain Controller to
render
this list is incorrectly formatted and returns the ERROR_DS_FILTER_UNKNOWN.

--
Cornelius Clay Ferreira
Microsoft PSS

"Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only."

rights."

"Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Exchange 2003, SP1, native mode on Windows 2003
>
> I have created a recovery storage group, and when I right click on it to
> add
> the database to recover, I get the following error:
>
> The search filter cannot be recognized.
> Facility: Win32
> ID no: 8007203e
> Exchange System Manager
>
> I have verified that AD has synced.  Any ideas?

  Was this post helpful to you?
   Reply      Top

  Ann

   11/4/2004 1:39 PM PST
Re: Recovery Storage Group error when trying to add database

  In: microsoft.public.exchange.admin

Of which database?  The recovery database?  Where do I make this change?

Thanks

"Cornelius Clay Ferreira [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
> The problem is that in the distinguished name of the database there is a
> single
> parenthesis without its match.  Examples of this would include:
>
> cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG1,cn=First Storage Group,....
> cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG2),cn=Second Storage Group (TestServer,cn=...
>
> If you add the closing parenthesis and force replication of the Active
> Directory
> the "Add Databases to Recover" dialog should work properly.
>
> The problem is the LDAP request that is sent to the Domain Controller to
> render
> this list is incorrectly formatted and returns the ERROR_DS_FILTER_UNKNOWN.
>
> --
> Cornelius Clay Ferreira
> Microsoft PSS
>
> "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only."
>
> "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights."
>

> "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Running Exchange 2003, SP1, native mode on Windows 2003
> >
> > I have created a recovery storage group, and when I right click on it to
> > add
> > the database to recover, I get the following error:
> >
> > The search filter cannot be recognized.
> > Facility: Win32
> > ID no: 8007203e
> > Exchange System Manager
> >
> > I have verified that AD has synced.  Any ideas?

  Was this post helpful to you?

0
Ann (124)

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Administrative Groups
I have 2 Administrative groups with a Exchange 2003 Server in each group. One group is on the other side of campus and is controlled by their Exchange Server Tech. I have delegated control of my server to myself. There are also users from the other server that do not belong in my server and would like to remove them. The problem is, that when I go to remove them it will not , because the user or group is inherited from the organization. How can I remove them from my server and yet not remove them from their server? It sounds like that if I remove them from the orgainization that they wi...

Highlighting cells #2
Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1 Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel highlights the selected cells in light blue. Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors. In some case you can adjust the color temp and this helps. We do hundreds of presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection equipment we will be using. Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied to selected cells to some other colo...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

New Disk storage

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Please ignore #2

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...

DNS Error on Exchange

Trying to read XML file into dataset

matching contents #2

error on upgrade: ID 4386