Recovery server #3

Hi,

When restoring to a recovery server in another forest, does the
recovery server name have to be the same  as the backed up server?

Thanks,

Peter

Sorry - should have specified Exchange 2000 SP3

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:08:47 +0700, Peter Kaufman
<peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>When restoring to a recovery server in another forest, does the
>recovery server name have to be the same  as the backed up server?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Peter

No.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Peter Kaufman" <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When restoring to a recovery server in another forest, does the
> recovery server name have to be the same  as the backed up server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

0
curspice6401 (3487)

How to install software on a terminal server/use microsoft office through RDP
My boss is asking me to figure this out, so I do not know all the configurations he is using. I can tell you its Windows server 2k3. He wants to be able to RDP to server, and work physically on the server. He also needs to have office 2003 license installed. So the greater question is "how to use ms office 2k3 through RDP on microsoft 2003 server?" -- jgosney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgosney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159717.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1277...

Server and end user errors and crashes
I attempted to post this question earlier but cannot seem to find it anywhere. So if it's duplicated I apologize. I could really use some help here! I have posted this question in another group forum and was directed to Sue Mosner's book which I intend to purchase. However I could use some immediate help. My Exchange server 2003 errors and crashes every hour with the following error; "MSExchange Transport". Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 296 Process location: My end user computers are all getting the following error: Windows Operating System Event ID: ...

How to setup conference room calendar to auto accept on 2003 exchange server
I have setup a user for my conference rooms but they will not auto accept the meeting requests. I dont want somebody to have to be the delegate and have to accept all the requests. Is there a way to do this. Thanks Setup a profile to the resource mailbox. Once in Outlook ... Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Resource Scheduling and tick all three tick boxes. I think thats it. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of inc...

HELP- Copy a Data Series to Other Graphs? #3
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

DNS/Exchange Server Problem
We are running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 SP1. Our domain controller is Win2K Server with SP4. They are running on 2 separate machines within the same domain. There is a transport problem with the email being delivered to the mailboxes or to the outside destinations. The error messages in the event viewer signal that there is a problem with the DNS Server. We checked the DNS Server and there does not appear to be anything wrong with that server. We are attempting to install Windows Server 2003 SP1 and it is hanging on the "applying computer settings". I am n...

Exchange server 2000 crashed (Motherboard fried) #2
Hello Everyone, We had a single exchange 2000 server sp3 on a windows 2000 member server pc. That pc crashed. I was wondering how or what is the best way to get this back up? I have another pc that is a windows 2000 member server right now that could be used as an exchange server. I was wondering can I change this pc to the same computer name and ip address and just install exchange 2000 on it and copy the store over? If I can do this, do I need to do forestprep and domainprep again? Also do I have to do anything with the old server says as remove it from active directory since its dead? ...

imap with securre incoming mail server?
I am using IMAP to get emails from several of my e-mail accounts. All of them are using secure incoming server setting (port 993). However, their certificates are not verified (I guess certificates are developed in house, or whatever) and thus evrytime I open Outlook it gives me a warning messge that the certifiacte is not verified blah blah. Is there anyway to get rid of these warnings by installing the certificate anyway (I mean anyway even if they are not verified!) Thanks, Cengiz BTW it's OL2003 "Cengiz Han" wrote: > I am using IMAP to get emails from several of m...

Entering data in 3 ways
Hi! I have been bilding a form for orders (frmOrders) including a subform for order detais (frmRows). In the frmRows is a control for UnitPrice. I should be able to enter data into it in 3 ways: 1. Directly from table Products. 2. Based on calculation square meter*m2Price. 3. Manually. Placing a sentence =IIf(m2Price>0;m2Price;ProdPrice) into the UnitPrice control works in cases 1 and 2 but entering data manually does not. Now I have solved this problem by macro: doubleClicking on control UnitPrice copies the value from m2Price and I can edit the UnitPrice control. I know there must be m...

How to deploy multi-Tenancy within 1 CRM server (using CRM 4)
Hi I have created & import the New Organization via Deployment Manager and I am aware that in the process of creating/ importing, the OLD Organization is removed. Can I have the 2 Organizations installed within the same BOX? If yes, how can I setup another Instance (CRM 4) beside using Virtual PC. If no, does it mean, I need another Box for another CRM instances pointing to another Organization? Thanks AS far as i understand your question , you need to create new organization unit on the same Box? if so and if you have CRM 4.0 enterprise edition then you can create new organizat...

Mapi spooler #3
Office 2003, Word 2003, Outlook 2003, W2K. I use the Contacts address book in Word to add addresses to labels and letters. When I open the address book icon in Word, click on Personal, I get a "Mapi Spooler cannot be started" message indicating the mapisp32.exe file is missing. KB suggests replacing it from CD. Can't find it on CD! Only way to fix it is to "repair" Office, then it works only until prior to next boot. After boot, have to go through the same process. KB suggests exclude mapisp32.exe file from Anti-virus---doesn't help. What's the problem?...

Inbound/Outbound Exchange Server
When installing CRM/Exchange router, does it have to be on an inbound/outbound Exchange server or can it be on another Exchange server? We have several sites (sub-companies) that will have their own CRM server and already have there own Exchange server. However not all of the Exchange servers are setup for SMTP inbound/outbound. There are multiple Exchange servers setup for SMTP inbound/outbound, but not all at the sites that will have CRM. this should work ie sendd on one exchange and receive on another. you would deploy the crm exchange connector on both exchange servers "...

thread #3
how can ia crearte a new Cdialog runing under new thread mido1971 wrote: > how can ia crearte a new Cdialog runing under new thread mido: It is really not a good idea to have GUI components in a secondary thread. Just use a worker thread, or a window-less UI thread. If you have a CDialog-derived class, you can have individual methods run in the secondary thread, but they should only update the GUI using PostMesage() or SendMessage(). David Wilkinson To add to David's advice (good as usual) you can send a message to the UI thread that tells it to pop up the dialog for you wi...

XP Pro SP 3 repeated crashes serious error messages
XP Pro, Version 5.1, Build 2600.XPSP_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 Multiple errors under this type. Causing crashes. IE repeatedly crashes also. Error varies with different At*.job numbers. Please advise. Event Type: Error Event Source: Schedule Event Category: None Event ID: 7901 Date: 12/31/2009 Time: 5:00:00 PM User: N/A Computer: DELL8400 Description: The At18.job command failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. Indymagoo wrote: > XP Pro, Version 5.1, Build 2600.XPSP_sp3_gdr.090804-1435 > Multiple errors under this type. Caus...

How to register CRM Workgroup server 4.0
Hellow, i have a problem with a CRM Workgroup server 4.0 on a Registration Assistant. Fill all the form data but when I give the register button tells me I need an internet connection and not register, the server have connection to internet and everything is ok. I would appreciate some help. Thank's __________ Informaci�n de ESET Smart Security, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 5356 (20100810) __________ ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com On Aug 11, 4:34=A0pm, "microsoft" <jcasti...@sbsoftware.es> wrote: > Hellow, i have ...

Move Mailbox failure results in maildata on source and target servers (Exchange 5.5)
Hi all, I have two Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers running in the same site. Due to priv.edb corruption on one of the servers, I started moving mailboxes to the second server. A few of the moves failed without explanation. The only potentially related even was something about rules synchronization, but Google and MS KB searches yielded nothing. Here's the problem: - Moved USER mailbox from SERVER_X to SERVER_Y - Move failed at some point - "Mailbox resources" on SERVER_Y shows that USER has approx. 1.4GB on SERVER_Y, but USER doesn't show up in "Server Recipients" - ...

New Exchange Server in Existing AD Environment
We have an existing AD Domain Environment and we are currently starting to instaled Exchange 2003. The question I have is currently the user's have email addresses that are there firstname.lastname@domain.com. However, there AD logins are firstinitiallastname. As expected when creating the Exchange accounts it want's to make the email address firstinitiallastname@domain.com. If there a way to change this behavior so that when i tell it to create the user's email account that is does firstname.lastname@domain.com? Thanks. On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:37:02 -0700, emperorbob <emp...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL ACCOUNT by just ONE CLICK #3
i have hidden the form of getting $500 to your PAYPAL ACCOUNT....CLICK on the IMAGE which is on the RIGHT SIDE of the website http://www.infoaboutwebs.euro.st ...

unable to connect to Exchange Server via Outlook 2003
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000 and can no longer connect to my office Exchange Server (through a VPN). I get a message that the server is unavailable and an error number: 0x8004011D. Everything was working just fine via Outlook 2000. Note: I've seen similar posts and the suggested action was to create a new mail profile. However, I can't "Check Names" for the new profile until I'm successfully connected via Outlook (a Catch 22). Any suggestions? Thanks! - Mike I am having the same problem except I don't have a Microsoft Exchange Server. I need ...

Exchange Attributes Missing for New Users after Server Move
Hi, We have recently migrated our Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server by installing the new server on a new platform with a new name in the domain, then used the Move Mailboxes feature. I then followed the procedures in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/ How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group. I shut down the old server and left if configured for December. I have just disposed of the original server (Generation 1 Compaq Proliant). However we have a new user starting today, and although AD seems to add his account as usual, there is no Exchange a...

New system with USB 3.0 Ports
Has anyione come across any new systems (either from DELL or HP) that already has new USB 3.0 ports? Apparently, it is 10 times faster than USB 2.0 so it worth an upgrade! ybS2okj wrote: > Has anyione come across any new systems (either from DELL or HP) that > already has new USB 3.0 ports? > > Apparently, it is 10 times faster than USB 2.0 so it worth an upgrade! > They're selling a USB3 card here for the PCI Express bus. The picture shows the chip used is a NEC D720200F1. http://usb3.com/ Using the chip number, I found a page with a price. On...

Modifying Canned CRM 3.0 Reports
I just modified the Account Overview Report and renamed it. When I uploaded it thru the CRM front end, all the hidden parameters are displayed (CRM_FullName, CRM_URL, CRM_IncludeSub, CRM_CustomerID. Does anyone know why this would've happened? Thanks in advance for any ideas. try deleting first and the replublishing. It could be that you accidentally published through Visual Studio to test your reports and when you republished through CRM it only changes the file without cloberring exisiting settings. This designed this way so as to not clobber your exisiting default filter. "...

CRM 3.0 Local Data Group Maintenance
Dear all, I'm missing a tool to maintain local data groups for new users. It's not feasible to manually generate, configure 20+ new datagroups for each new user!!! what can you recommend? will there be a tool from microsoft (CRM 4.0 :-( )? TIA Stefan ...

5.5 server calendar permissions
Does anyone know where you can set calendar permissions on a 5.5 server. I think it's not support! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "brian07" <brian07@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :FEC372B4-6039-4287-91F3-C0A7A9A468A5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where you can set calendar permissions on a 5.5 server. ...

SQL Server\MSDE
When I try to open the Report Launcher I got this error message "Great Plains - SQL Server\MSDE - Accounting system is not registered" Please help! FRX Ver. 6.5 SP7 Thanks, -- Omar Ale Well, is it? If you go to Admin...Organization are the registration keys valid? "OmarAle" <OmarAle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A0BDDB9-C370-4247-83D5-F7CD1F679FB9@microsoft.com... > When I try to open the Report Launcher I got this error message > "Great Plains - SQL Server\MSDE - Accounting system is not registered" > > Please help! &...

I have a problem connecting to our mail server using Outlook 2003
I can't connect to our server and i don't know why.What shall I do? Post a lot more details on your issue? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Alaa" <Alaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25C24420-1711-4D74-858F-3682DB2FE9CC@microsoft.com... >I can't connect to our server and i don't know why.What shall I do? ...