recovery of DB to another servers SG?

Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers
recovery storage group from the same org?  I highly doubt it, but my boss
wants me to confirm.

Thanks.

Yes, as long as they are in the same administrative group.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"BigHaig" <BigHAig@aol.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers
> recovery storage group from the same org?  I highly doubt it, but my boss
> wants me to confirm.
>
> Thanks.

0
Ben
4/3/2006 8:27:41 PM
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:22:49 GMT, "BigHaig" <BigHAig@aol.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers
>recovery storage group from the same org?  I highly doubt it, but my boss
>wants me to confirm.
>
>Thanks.

Same Admin group, it should work.

0
adavid (8731)
4/3/2006 8:27:52 PM
Read this:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/DROpsGuide/77cdc176-29aa-4d10-b598-aa1943102b62.mspx?mfr=true

Nue
"BigHaig" <BigHAig@aol.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers
> recovery storage group from the same org?  I highly doubt it, but my boss
> wants me to confirm.
>
> Thanks.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/3/2006 8:29:26 PM
Yes you can recover a mailbox database to another exchange server as long as
they are in the same admin group and are running atleast exchange 2000 sp2 or
higher.  I have performed this recovery countless times, restoring a mailbox
store to one of our none critical front-end exchange servers to lessen the
impact in event that something go wrong.  Once it is recovered, exchange
provides methods to recover the data using the exchange tasks wizard which
are really good as well.

Jermaine

"BigHaig" wrote:

> Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers
> recovery storage group from the same org?  I highly doubt it, but my boss
> wants me to confirm.
>
> Thanks.

0
jermaine (71)
4/3/2006 8:54:03 PM
On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:54:03 -0700, Jermaine
<Jermaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes you can recover a mailbox database to another exchange server as long as
>they are in the same admin group and are running atleast exchange 2000 sp2 or
>higher.  I have performed this recovery countless times, restoring a mailbox
>store to one of our none critical front-end exchange servers to lessen the
>impact in event that something go wrong.  Once it is recovered, exchange
>provides methods to recover the data using the exchange tasks wizard which
>are really good as well.

Exchange 2000 SP*3* or higher!

>Jermaine
>
>"BigHaig" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers
>> recovery storage group from the same org?  I highly doubt it, but my boss
>> wants me to confirm.
>>
>> Thanks.

0
adavid (8731)
4/3/2006 8:56:52 PM
Thanks for the quick responses everyone.  We are on Exchange 2003 SP2.  That
is great news.

"BigHaig" <BigHAig@aol.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers
> recovery storage group from the same org?  I highly doubt it, but my boss
> wants me to confirm.
>
> Thanks.

Absolutely...thanks Andy!

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:54:03 -0700, Jermaine
> <Jermaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes you can recover a mailbox database to another exchange server as long as
> >they are in the same admin group and are running atleast exchange 2000 sp2 or
> >higher.  I have performed this recovery countless times, restoring a mailbox
> >store to one of our none critical front-end exchange servers to lessen the
> >impact in event that something go wrong.  Once it is recovered, exchange
> >provides methods to recover the data using the exchange tasks wizard which
> >are really good as well.
>
> Exchange 2000 SP*3* or higher!
>

> >Jermaine
> >
> >"BigHaig" wrote:
> >
> >> Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers
> >> recovery storage group from the same org?  I highly doubt it, but my boss
> >> wants me to confirm.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

0
jermaine (71)

Exchange Server rules
I have a executive user who whats to have two email accounts: 1 for communications from a specific group of people and the second account to hold all other email. I know there is a way to do it with outlook rules, but he wants it to be server side so that he does not have to have outlook open for the rule to work. Is there a way to do this? Hi, You can create additional mail enable user, grant the original user full permission on the new mailbox Add the new mailbox to the outlook as additional mailbox or as additional profile Regards, Shai Netanel "Aaron Higley" wrote: ...

Windows Server 2003 X64 and SQL Server 2005 Standard (X64)
Does HQ Work with these? What about at the store? Would I need to upgrade then to 64 Bit as well? I am having a hard time finding anything about this pertaining to RMS. Thanks. To the best of my knowledge, RMS has not been tested with SQL Server 2005 (x32 or x64), so this would be an unsupported installation. That doesn't mean that it won't work, just that no one's going to help you if it suddenly stops... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me dire...

Only allow certain numbers based on another value
Excel 2007 - I have a worksheet that has a column that shows the number of available units left based on the sum of units at all locations. So, there is only 6 available at any given week. I then sum up columns D:K and then input how many are available from the 6. So if column D shows 2 and none of the other columns show usage then there are 4 left for that week. My problem/issue comes when I want to only allow the individual entering a number for that week to only be able to enter up to what is available that week. So in the example, the next user could only enter 4 since t...

2 exchange servers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3C3AC.593BD330 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings all, We have an exchange 5.5 server at the moment that hosts about 7 domain = names. We are adding an Exchange 2003 server on another domain in = parallel that will host the same domains. How can I have these two share = the same domains? All incoming mail goes to the exchange 5.5 and I want = that server to ship it to the 2003 server. Is this possible?=20 Thanks in advance and happy holidays...

Intersystems Cache as a linked server
Has anyone managed to link Cache from Intersystems to SQL2005. If so, can you give me some advice on how to do it. currently we use Access on local machines using the Cache ODBC drivers which is SLOOOOOW. The ODBC setup gives me a host IP address (internal network address) and a Cache namespace, but I don't know how to turn these into the first two parts of the 4 part naming convention, or what parameters need to go into the link details. currently, the ODBC drivers are not installed on the SQL box (rinning WS2003), I don't know whether it just needs the standard one, or w...

Migrate CRM 1.2 to another server
Hello, I need to migrate a CRM 1.2 server to another server box and i can't find information about this can someone help me. Thank You, Paulo Mesquita Have a look at the Redeployment Tool that you can download from here (it should contain some useful documentation): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bfced393-61db-49af-9a50-4a90b311fa7d&displaylang=en -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Paulo Mesquita" wrote: > Hello, > > I need to migrate a CRM 1.2 server to another server box and i can&...

Windows recovery console

Exchange server problem
I have exchange server 2003 on Windows server 2003. Sudenly I have the following error and I'm not able to read emails : "network problems are preventing to the Microsoft Exchange server computer" "The Microsoft Exchange server is not availlable". Could anyone help me ? "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wrote: >I have exchange server 2003 on Windows server 2003. >Sudenly I have the following error and I'm not able to read emails : > "network problems are preventing to the Microsoft Exchange server computer" > "The Micr...

Project Server 2007 Task Update Status
Does anyone know of a way for me to setup a view that will enable my resource managers to view the status of task updates that have been submitted to the PM? We require PM approval of task updates before timesheets can be submitted, and I would like the resource managers to see whether thier folks have submitted updates (imported from thier timesheets) to the PM and whether those update requests are pending, approved or rejected. I can find any fields availabe in the resource assignments view that show (change requested, submission status, etc.) for tasks, nor do I see anything that I ca...

DPM 2010 Move to a New Server
Can someone direct me to the latest docs on how to backup my current DPM 2010 environment and move it to a new server. DPM 2007 documents will be applicable for DPM 2010 as well unless stated otherwise. How to backup DPM can be found at:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795642.aspx. If you have tape backups encrypted you need to backup the DPM encryption certificates as well, please find more information about the certificates at:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808967.aspx. Here are the help links about how to restore DPM to another machine: Re...

Rebuilding an Exchange Server with stores on SAN
I have an Exchange 2003 server that has been experiencing intermittent problems with it's Direct Connected Storage device. I've moved all of the storage groups to a SAN device. I want to build a new machine with the same name as the problem child, but would like to not have to restore databases to the new server from backup tapes. The information at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997176.aspx "How to move exchange server 2003 to hew hardware and keep the same server name" says I need to restore from tape. Can't I just reconnect to the SAN drives th...

Trying to remove the last Exchange 5.5 server from my site
I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Rusty http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=ech E "Rusty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367e01c3aa25$d8731b40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange > server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error > message: "Extension 'MSFB'...

Citrix Server Problem
Hello All I have an application with a number of dialog boxes thats is running fine on a single PC. But when the application is launched from a citrix client one dailog box shows up on the citrix server machine on the client, application seems to be hanged but the dailog keeps on receiving imput focus and and when dismissed by pressing esc the application works fine all other dialog boxes are working fine. Does any know any clue what the problem could be. If not please tell me where can i get info about it. Thanks Faisal Mansoor Is it by chance a system modal dialog box? -- ===========...

Exchange server monitor
Hi all, Anyone know a good way to monitor exchange server prefereably free softwares. If the services are up or not and if any failes it alerts you via txt message. To make sure that exchange is always up the least. thank you. On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:30:14 -0400, "Jay" <jt@adctoday.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Anyone know a good way to monitor exchange server prefereably free >softwares. > >If the services are up or not and if any failes it alerts you via txt >message. To make sure that exchange is always up the least. > >thank you. > ...

Edge server question
Hello, I'm trying to set my Edge server to use a smarthost by creating a custom send connector and specifying a smarthost. When I do this it seems like I have success until I send a piece of mail that does not have a valid domain name at which point that mail sits in the queue (on the edge) and seems to block any mail sent after that even if that mail has a valid domain name. I see that eventually that mail goes out but I don't know what I should expect here. Is there some sort of default time that Exchange 2K7 follows if mail is holding up a send connector? Thanks! ...

Table Delete Strategy on SQL Server 2005
I have a table that has over 300 million rows. Each row is quite hefty in size. I need to do selective delete of quiete a few rows, in millions. Could somebody suggest an approach to best handle such a scenario. The approach can include settings or adding db objects that would speed up the handling of this. Thanks in advance RG > size. I need to do selective delete of quiete a few rows, in millions. I am not sure that understood the above... Thats simple technique to delete 2000 rows (batch size) according to WHERE condition WHILE 1 = 1 BEGIN DELETE TOP(2000...

Can someone give me the outlook express server details for other good Apple users newsgroups?
I'm looking for the servers etc, thanks in advance ...

Opening another user's folder on a different Exchange 2003 server
In my organization we have 5 Exchange 2003 servers located in various parts of the country. They are all within the same domain, and I have complete rights to everything within the domain. On the Exchange server that I set up in my office, I can open other user's folders with no problem, however if I try to open another users inbox who resides on one of the other Exchange 2003 servers I cannot. As a domain admin I have full permissions to that server, however it still will not let me open any users mailboxes on that server. What do I need to do to enable this? there's an ex...

RMS and SQL Server Windows Authentication
Hey guys, I'm trying to connect to an SQL 2K server that is running in Windows Authentication Mode (Not mixed mode) and I'm getting errors. Here's what happens: In Administrator, under File > Connect, I select the Server in question, then make sure Windows Authentication is selected, then pick off the DB that I want and click on the OK button. So far, so good. I don't get any errors. However, when I go to File > Configuration > Database, and try to test database connection, I get the following: Error #-2147467259 Login failed for user 'DomainName\Administr...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

Extract Value from another worksheet
I have a work sheet that has parameters Mem1, Mem2 etc. I have another Worksheet ehich has the values for these parameters e.g. Mem_rom_234g for Mem 1 and so on. I am looking for an excel macro that can take the value of mem from another work sheet and replace it with the value. Thank you, Harsh Not sure what you mean by 'parameters' In Sheet1 the formula =Sheet2!A1 returns the value from A1 on Sheet2 If the sheet name has spaces then single quotes are needed: ='Jan Data'!A1 The point-7-shoot method of making formulas is recommended If you are speaking of named cells and ...

CRM & SQL Server Questions
I am trying to learn MS CRM and did a basic install on a development domain. When I installed CRM, it created 4 databases domain-name_DRMCrystal, domain-name__Metabase, domain-name_MSCRM, and domain-name_MSCRMDistribution. It also installed and configured replication on the SQL Server. 1. What is the purpose of replication on a stand-alone server? What am I replicating to and why is this necessary? 2. I created a diagram of certain tables in the domain-name_MSCRM database. The next day the diagram was gone. Does anyone know what might have happened? 3. Can I create stored procs (read...

Windows Server 2008 and 2005 Native Client ODBC
I am having an issue with getting a SQL server 2005 Native Client ODBC connecting to Dynamics 10 on a new Windows 2008 server. Dynamics 10 is loaded on the Windows server, and the client will access the SQL. However, trying establish a connection with the server on another client workstation. It just times the ODBC just times out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Is the new server a 64 bit machine? -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 ...

Stock Quotes from Different Quote Server
Hi is it possible to fetch Stock Quotes from a different Quote Server into Microsoft Money 2006 ? I would like to fetch Indian Stock Quotes (Bombay Stock Exchange) into MS Money Thanks and Rgds Madhu ...

store and forward server
I need to bring my main server offline (it's the only exchange server with 15 users on it). I need to bring the server offline and wanted to know what's available (even a full working 30 day eval of something) that can store incoming mail and forward it when the server is back online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my lack of caffeine. Mike Brearley Your ISP will probably be able to provide a store & forward ser...