RECOVERY CONTACTS FOLDER

User with owner permissions deleted contacts folder.
Information store was NOT configured for item recovery (it
is now).

Is there a way to retrieve data?  I've run a tape restore
from a few days ago and the missing folder is not there.

0
anonymous (74722)

you just have to restore from a backup that was taken before the folder was
deleted...

"jlegoland4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> User with owner permissions deleted contacts folder.
> Information store was NOT configured for item recovery (it
> is now).
>
> Is there a way to retrieve data?  I've run a tape restore
> from a few days ago and the missing folder is not there.

0
susan7353 (1225)
4/2/2004 7:05:19 PM
That is the weird situation.  I have a backup from 4 days
ago that should be all inclusive.  It even prompts me as
it is stepping through the exchange restore process, but
the result does not include the deleted folder.

Any suggestions?

0
anonymous (74722)
4/2/2004 8:28:43 PM
what version Exchange?  are you restoring to a recovery server?  if it's
5.5, and you're using a recovery server, did you perform the DS/IS
consistency check?  if you did all that, did you ADD an instance of the
folder to the recovery server?

> That is the weird situation.  I have a backup from 4 days
> ago that should be all inclusive.  It even prompts me as
> it is stepping through the exchange restore process, but
> the result does not include the deleted folder.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
susan7353 (1225)
4/2/2004 9:46:59 PM
I restored from backup tape and the result did not
retrieve the missing contacts.

Interestingly, when I view the mailbox information for the
five users, the user in question has 110K, 3,833 items,
and everyone else has 33K max, 92 items.  So, somewhere,
the data is residing - but I can't get at it.

I backed up the server again just to compare the backup
logs.  The logs for both dates itemize the exchange
directory and the information store.  However, the latest
backup log includes the following folders whereas the
previous log does not:

\\server\d$\exchsrvr\DSDATA\dir.edb
\\server\d$\exchsrvr\DSDATA\edb00001.log
\\server\d$\exchsrvr\DSDATA\dir.pat

0
anonymous (74722)

Lost unread mail folder -- OL2003
for some reason my UNREAD Mail folder has disappeared from my favorites in Outlook 2003. Any Ideas how I can get it back and to work as original? Thanks in advance Davis The favorites is just a shortcut to the Search Folder. Rightclick it and choose Add to Favorite Folders If it's not there recreate it by righvtclicking Search Folders and choose New Search Folder... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic ...

Emails not saved in "sent" folder
The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, the item I supposedly sent does not appear in the sent folder. Help?! Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey, you wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:10:55 -0700: > The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a > known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with > the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, > the item I suppos...

URGENT-Getting rid of Favorites Folder in Outlook 2003
HELP! send me info to pbraquel@yahoo.com. I have just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003/office11 and I found out that the "Used-To-Be" Outlook Shortcut Bar has been replaced. My concern - when I first launch Outlook 2003 - the Favorites Folder comes on top! I need a way to hide or even to get rid of it. What I am trying to accomplish to bring MyShortcuts first and as a default on left pane. Has anyone of you questioned this feature as a nuisance? Does anyone have a resolution on it? Would appreciate any remedies. I rather like having the favorites appear at the top of the...

Resolving Outlook Contact duplicates
[Besides the obvious comment regarding why as LATE as Outlook 2007 we still can't satisfactorily resolve duplicates within the program..] Reviewing your page <http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_dups.asp> regarding Outlook Duplicate Contact tools, I wanted to recommend the _software_that_comes_with_business_card_scanner_CardScan_<www.cardscan.com>._ Besides the business card scanner and character & field recognition software features, the software that ships with the scanner has a very good duplicates resolution tool. Many of the tools listed on your pa...

Limit in the num. of emails in a single Outlook folder
Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain in a single folder? If so, does that limit include all the email contained in its subfolders too? lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > Is there a limit in the number of email that Outlook 2007 can contain > in a single folder? Every folder can contain at a minimum 64K items (size doesn't matter) and the entire data store can contain at a minimum 20GB. -- Brian Tillman > lucavilla@cashette.com <lucavilla@cashette.com> wrote: > > > Is there a limit in the number of...

LDAP, AD and Public Folders
Currently we have all of our company wide contacts in a Public Folder. Can we access those contacts with LDAP without having to move them all to the AD as contacts? If the only way to access them through LDAP is if the are contacts in the AD, is there an easy way to move them all from the public folder to AD? If the contacts have to be in AD, how do I allow users to be able to add/edit/delete these contacts through Outlook? We are using Exchange 2000 and Outlook 200x. Thank you for your help "Shirley DeLong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Currently we h...

Outlook 2007 collapsed folders
Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always have to click the '+' sign. If new mail comes in I cant see the header right away until I uncollasped the folder. Did I change the default view somewhere? Thanks Kita kita@kit.com <kita@kit.com> wrote: > Its minor but annoying. For some reasons my folders (e.g. inbox, > unread, etc.) have an initial collapsed view requiring me to always > have to click the '+' sign. What tye of account? -- Brian Tillman On Thu, 9 Aug 200...

Current Folder PROGRAM is Running
How can I get the current folder my program is running? What function from Windows API?! /* the variables */ char path[_MAX_PATH] = { 0 }; /* get the module file name and strip final portion */ GetModuleFileName(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), path, _MAX_PATH); char* lp = strrchr(path, '\\') + 1; *lp = '\0'; Enjoy, - MR "renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OTrh8Jk3EHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I get the current folder my program is running? > What function from Windows API?! > > Mark Randall wrote: > > How can...

Exchante 2000 deleted public folder
Using Exchange 2000 a client deleted a public folder called say AAA by mistake. It staff member. Therefore the folder had an email address of AAA@xxx.nsw.gov.au. We found an old PST and tried under exchange admin to recreate the folder. It kept saying email address already exists. Found under AD users/computers advanced the Exchange folder and found the object for this folder. How do we recreate the folder using the same email address. This email address is published on our website so we cannot change it. Urgent any hep accepted -- Kath On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:41:03 -0800, Kaddi...

Get a specific Program files folder
Hi! I made a Deploy project in VS2003. The setup copy a xla and a xlt a specific Program files folder. After the copy, i want to execute a .vbs that will copy and register the xla and the xlt. My problem is to get my new program files folder. Is there a vbs code that i can execute to get it? Thanks, Thierry Paradis. "Thierry Paradis" wrote in message news:emUEhMuPGHA.128@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl > I made a Deploy project in VS2003. The setup copy a xla and a xlt a specific > Program files folder. After the copy, i want to execute a .vbs that will > copy and register ...

Folders lock?
Is there any way in MS Windows Live Mail to lock the folders that should NEVER be deleted? I have inadvertently deleted folders from time to time, because of the obscure, fuzzy screen layout. I would like to lock those folders that normally are not to be deleted. Is there any way to do this? Gordon No. not really. Folders under Storage Folders are somewhat more durable since they don't go away when deleting a mail account. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Antares 531" <gordonlrDELETE@swbel...

Search ALL Mail folders
(Microsoft Office Outlook 2003). When I type a word in the "Look for:" box, click "All Mail folders" in the "Search in" drop-down list and click "Find Now", the results appear in a list labelled "Inbox". (This leads me believe that only the "Inbox" folder is being searched). How do I see the results from ALL folders? Searching the Inbox folder includes all subfolders if you have specified they are included. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook ve...

Email Archiving/Routing to Public Folders, based on domain names
Ok, here's what I'm going for: I'm beginning to use Sharepoint to manage my client's network configurations (documentation, knowledgebases, etc). I plan on having a unique Sharepoint site per client, and I'm well aware of how to link a public folder to the site. What I'd like to accomplish - to have all email sent and received to a specific client journaled/archived to a public folder, which is linked to that particular client's sharepoint site. Eg - joe@contoso.com emails me with his IT issue. I respond back, resolve Joe's problem, everything's ...

Public Folder Email Address
I need to extract a list of the email addresses that are used for mail enabled public folders, there are many folders that have built up over the last few years and some of the folders have several address's associated with them. We run exhange 2000. Does anyone know of any tools i could use or reports i could generate from exchange? Many thanks, Charlie. you should be able to run a query in ADUC looking for all PFs that have smtp addresses... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E20828C-5908-4948-B845-9BEF19...

Sent Folder Shows "FROM" instead of "TO" (Recipient)
I have two AOL email accounts set up in Outlook 2007. On one account the Sent Folder displays the recipient "TO"which is good. But on the other the Sent Folder does not display the recipient "TO" it just displays the "FROM" which I already know it's from me. Can anyone tell me how to change the account so the Sent folder will display who the message is going to instead of who it came from? Check under the View | Arrange By (or View | Current View) to see if you accidently changed the view to sort by "From" rather than "To...

outlook 2010 folder display missing after email moved into it
After you move a message into a folder, the folder name on the folders display pane on the left disappeared... the only way to get it back is to exit and restart outlook 2010 However, this doesn't happen if you move a message into a subfolder.. ...

Cannot synchronize Contact emails addresses when associated with CRM
I have a user that is using a pocket pc to synchronize his contact (both CRM and personal contacts in Outlook). He noticed that the email addresses of CRM contacts are not synchronizing with his pocket pc. All the other contact details syncs but not the email address. Normal contacts, that are not tracked in crm, the email address is synced to his pocket pc. Any thoughts or suggestions would be grealty appreciated. r/ Anthony ...

Contacts not Displayed in Main Window
I did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro SP3. I just installed Windows Live Mail and Live Messenger. In Messenger my contacts are not displayed in the main window. And in Live Mail I cannot open the Layout Options box in order to change the position of the reading pane from the right to the bottom. I was having these same issues before I reinstalled the OS. I have another computer running XP SP2 with Live Mail and Messenger on it and I have not had these problems. Support from MS has not been able to help. Same problem here on a brand new computer from Dell. It had the fu...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Public Folder Content Expiration
I have a public folder that get a lot of mail dumped into it and many messages haven't been touched in a really long time. I know it is possible to create a content expiration policy for NNTP, but I want to automatically purge mail older then some point in time from my public folder. However, I can't find any reference on how to do it. Is it possible to create an expiration policy on public folders? If so, can someone point me in the direction on how to configure this? Bring up the Properties page for the folder in Exchange System Manager and you'll find the settin...

Reading information from all workbooks in a folder...
Is there a way I can read the information from all excel books in a given folder? The number of books and their name may vary from time to time. The folder consists of up to fifty different books, but the amount of information i each book is limited. (Excel 2000) ..... Regards Havard Rye I have some examples Havard on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "H. Rye" <hrywork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bt408f$jkr$1@dolly.uninett.no... > > Is there a way I can read the information f...

Mapping a New Contact from an Account
Version1.02 query (while we impatiently await 3.0) I've successfully mapped 99% of the fields I need from an Account to a new Contact of that Account. The one thing I am missing is filling the Parent Account field in the Contact. I succeeded in doing it once, but could not save with a Platform Error.. Since rebuilding, everything works and saves....but Parent Account still lays empty. Since our VAR did absolutely no mapping for us 6 months ago, I like to have this done this year. Any suggestions? -- Time Wounds All Heels! ...

Linking emails to contacts in BCM / Outlook 2003
I see how to link emails to all contacts, but is there a way to pull up a single contact (in the Business Contact Manager) and link previously sent messages - without it going back through the entire BCM database and setting redundant links for them? Please advise, BSW ...

Fastidious problem with WLM2009, i'm not resulting in their contact list.
Hi all, I have XP SP3, updated and use WLM2009 without any patch but using it with Plus! I have a problem, Msn says me there are people that hasn't me in their list, but it's not correct, they have me, check with my own eyes. ...

Journal: Unable to display the folder
I was working with the Outlook Journal. Entered some information. Then, tried to create a new view. It worked ok. Then, I created another view and all of a sudden this error message appeared: Unable to display the folder. Operation failed I closed Outlook and started it again. When choosing the Journal folder the same error appears. Can anyone help me recover my working views and the data entered into the journal? Thanks, Gabriel If you click on the Journal folder (even if you get the error), are you able to get into View | Current View | Define Views? If so, try deleting any cust...

Make MS Outlook 2003 with Contact Manager easier to transfer to o.
Make MS Outlook with Contact Manager easier to transfer to a new computer without loosing important information and saved information. All information should be stored in the My Documets and when we copy it to a new computer then MS Outlook will take that data and be usable on the new installation without seeing some doubles. Bottom line is that it should be so much easier than going into all these directories copying certain files and then trying to put them in the correct place. Then work like the old copy did on a new computer. Feedback and suggestion regarding Office product...