recovery a users folder

Hi
I need to recover a users mailbox (well need calender and tasks mainly)

i cant seem to move the folder to a user (using sbs2003 - exchange 2003)

using exmerge, get to the last bit but the folder is blank and i cant select, any ideas on how to recover.

thanks

0
Steven (151)

Have you tried using a recovery storage group?  Here's the documentation for RSGs, which includes some troubleshooting infortmation for Exmerge as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx

Tammy Treit
Exchange User Education

"steven" wrote:

> Hi
> I need to recover a users mailbox (well need calender and tasks mainly)
>
> i cant seem to move the folder to a user (using sbs2003 - exchange 2003)
>
> using exmerge, get to the last bit but the folder is blank and i cant select, any ideas on how to recover.
>
> thanks

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

How to delete user mailbox
Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to do that. Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox cleanly? Thx select the mailbox in the Exchange Admin program and hit the delete key... "aaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1380c01c44417$2d87fd40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a > friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for > the lif...

User Name prompts
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 and have a two word username separated by a space. I have been having this problem with Outlook wherein I have entered my username and password in the account setup process, but it still prompts me for it whenever it is checking for new messages. Also, when it prompts, it shows the username without the space. Does Outlook not accept usernames with space, because I tried changing the original settings many times, but every time I open the Edit window of email accounts, I see my user name without space. ...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Excel
Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the clipboard after I paste. I often need to past the same information multiple times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard after every past ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

SFO CRM folders won't display page
SFO appeared to install correctly. The CRM toolbar buttons work fine in SFO. But when I click on a CRM folder such as accounts, I get the following Action Canceled error. I am running CRM 1.2 and this is on a Windows XP client. I have installed the SP2 and SFO enhancement patches and cleared forms cache in Outlook. I also uninstalled and reinstalled SFO. SFO works fine on all other laptops within our organization. Here is the error which occurs when I select any folder within SFO/CRM. Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might ...

Users not showing up??
I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange 2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!! On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S." <ScottS@discussio...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

PST PAssword Recovery #2
Dear All , How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. Kishore Dear Kishore have a look on this sites: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.asp http://www.lostpassword.com/outlook.htm http://www.mapilab.com/office/password_recovery/ Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Notebooks: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Brinesh Kishore" <bbk.news@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uNOCy5odHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.p...

re-enabled user, now can't access mail container
i have a user who's account was disabled, i enabled the user and i changed the users password. i then logged in as that user and setup her outlook xp for her exchange account thinking i could then access the user's mail. however i get an error message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The attempt to log onto the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. (Exchange) Any Ideas? I have to forward messages to my boss. TIA, Mike Hello Mike, Go to control panel and click on mail, that is where you will verify user account for exchange. Lowell "Mike Smith...

Exchange Recovery for test environment
Hi, I plan to build an Exchange 2000 test lab which replicas our current production environment. The current production environment has Windows 2000 Advanced Server Active Directory and a Windows 2000 Advanced member server running Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition. What is the process of duplicating the current production environment and implement to the test lab for restoring 6 months old DB from backup tapes? Thanks, Kyle here you go: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/MRFME2KS. mspx "Kyle" <kylenguyen@prontomail.com> wrote in message ...

Multi User Application
Hi to all, I am new to access develop applications. I created application for multi user idea I want my application can be accessed by multi users. So I want to know how to distribute or let them access from my computer. I have static ip address 172.28.34.115 and created application in shared the folder. Users have access runtime 2007. Access 2007 used to develop 5 users to connect the database application Please guide me how multi users can access my application with all rights. They can do data entry as well as run query/report. -- Pankaj On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 02:53:01...

Non local users
Hi all Our company is going to use Exchange 2003 server as our primary mail server. People can send mails via it and they also can receive mails from exchange. Problem is that also non local users can send mails via our server. It is not nice if somebody is using your server as spam server. Could someone advise me how I can block non local users to send mails via our server? Thanks Topi Look at the following links, HOW TO: Prevent Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319356 HOW TO: Prevent Exchange 2000 from Being...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...

re replicate adc user accounts
Hello all, Some time ago during a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Some of our users were deleted after they were replicated over using the ADC, after contacting microsoft they instructed us to gointo exchange 5.5 admin.exe /r in raw mode and modify a attribute, and then replicate adc and your users will replicate over. I cant seem to remember what these attribute changes were could sombody point me in the right direction. The following KB describes the fix for your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256862 Stephen Shanks "Brian B" &...

Mail addressed to user delivered to domain
Hi Guys, My client is running SBS2003 and exchange SP1 I have had a meeting request from an external source sent to a user in the organisation. It has then been received by all users within the organisation. I have opened the meeting request and it is only addressed to the user. I have checked the exchange logs and it clearly shows the message received by everyone, then an NDR sent for any users who were disabled. I am at a loss to explain how this could occur. Does anyone have any ideas? On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:30:08 -0800, Thorny <Thorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

RPC Error: creating mail in child domain from mmc User and computer.
Hello, I've an active directory on windows 2000, connected to several childs domains. In my father network i've an exchange 2003. Before i could create mail adress in my child domain from the mmc "user and computer" of my exchange server in my father domain. But now when i want to do " task exchange" on a user i get error : "RPC server is not avaiable, error id : c00706ba...." c00706ba". I don't know if this error is due to the exchange SP1, because i'didn't create new mail account for several month. Someone could help me. Forgive my ba...

Public Folders replicas
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server to new server (Exchange 2000). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). How I can proceed?? I must to follow the KB 275171???? Who can help me? What is the specific errror you are seeing in ESM? Are you using ESM on the ...

Unable To Access Folders From Outlook Today
I have Outlook 2002 which I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times due to expirimenting with different OS's. If I set up my folders in Outlook Today: Inbox, Saved Items, Tasks, etc., I get an error message "Outlook unable to access the folders." I can however access all my folders from the drop down menu. Could someone point me to the configuration files that might be at fault or a way to rememdy the situation. I would like to start using Outlook as my default email and calendar program once again, but really like the Outlook Today feature. Have been using Ubuntu Linux ...

Can I search for a FOLDER
Hi, Is there a way to search for a FOLDER in Outlook (2002)? If I have hundreds of sub folders within folders and forgot where I put one specific folder, is there a way to search for this folder? I seem to be able to search for e- mail items in specific folders but not for folders themselves. Any ideas? Thanks. Kikilein Nope, you can't search by folder. Advanced Find has an "In folder" option on the advanced tab you could use to find all messages in the folder (search the entire mailbox), but you won't find the folder path. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Aut...

How to validate User ID creation date in Windows XP
Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows XP/2003? m_bk wrote: > Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows > XP/2003? You could query the Security Log but you will only get the information if the log was setup to record events 624 and providing that the log wasn't purged or overwritten: cscript c:\windows\system32\eventquery.vbs /L security /FI "id eq 624" Other than that verifying the creation date on the user's profile folder is the only way that I know of to get the information. ...

Synchronizing Folders on RPC over HTTPS
Hello -- I have a user in the field who has both a VPN connecting and his Outlook 2003 is also set-up for RPC over HTTPS. When he connects through the VPN, all of his folders get synchronized -- however, when he has the VPN off, and he's connecting through HTTPS, all of his folders do not get synchronized. We are using a Single Server Exchange Server 2003 and a Windows Server 2003 Domain. Also, his mail box is 609MB --- does HTTPS run slower than a VPN connection? Thanks! -Blake On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:31:34 -0400, "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote: &g...

Outlook 2000: One Way Sharing of Info using Net Folder
Folks: I'm having an odd sort of one-way net folder experience in trying to share a calendar. I see hints of this in other netnews articles, but never a clear resolution. I'm hoping this is a well-known problem/fix. Here is the configuration: PC 1 (aka BOSS) windows 2000 outlook 2000 mail: pop3 from UNIX box -- no exchange server account for this machine net folders loaded via Microsoft Office Setup ASSISTANT has a "Contacts" entry on this machine that is coded as "Always Send RTF" PC 2 (aka ASSISTANT) windows 2000...

password protect personal folders in Outlook xp
How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp "Dolly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08b801c3b326$6312ee20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to password protect personal folders in Outlook xp Right-Click on Outlook Today shortcut, choose Properties, go to Advanced and click on Change Password. Obviously the Old password will be blank! HTH >Right-Click...

Want sent email to go somewhere other than sent folder
When I send a new message or reply to a message; I want it to not go in my "sent" folder rather to specified folders. I have tried creating rules and something does not work right. I turned off the "keep a copy in the send folder". There must be some combination I am not getting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks T. There is no mechanism to do this. You can apply message rules to the = sent items folder manually after the messages have been sent. steve "twaaaa" <twaaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:56D0F751-04A...