Recovering Private information store

I had a problem with the Private information store and
restored an earlier version from a hard drive backup. I
did all the procedures necessary to restore and enable the
information store and all my Exchange 5.5 services are
started without any error.

The problem however is that I am not getting any mail to
my users. I run a POP3 connector and I use the viewer to
check the POP3 activities. I see the the connection to the
mail server and the acknowledgements that it is retrieving
E-Mail messages. I cannot figure out where the messages
are going on aour server and why are they not being
distributed to the users.

Any help will be much appreciated. It was quite an ordeal
to figure out what to do to restore the private store but
we are still not getting the messages at the workstations.

Thank you.

J.P. Lacasse
..

0
anonymous (74722)

Inserting document information in the footer

Store row number after a find
Following a find command I want to store the row number to a variablke and use that to move to a columb on that row hi, what column? same column? different column? Regards FSt1 "Alan" wrote: > Following a find command I want to store the row number to a variablke and > use that to move to a columb on that row Hello, Any column on that row. Real problem is storing the 'found' row number to a variable "FSt1" wrote: > hi, > what column? same column? different column? > > Regards > FSt1 > > "Alan" wrote: > > > ...

Need opinions on storing a calculated value, please
I’m using a subquery to assign a FinishPlace to athletes competing in a race: SELECT tblEventResults.fkMeetEventID, tblEventResults.EventResultsID, tblEventResults.TimeResult, (SELECT Count(*) FROM tblEventResults AS T WHERE T.TimeResult < tblEventResults.TimeResult AND T.fkMeetEventID = tblEventResults.fkMeetEventID)+1 AS FinishPlace, tblEventResults.Override FROM tblEventResults WHERE (((tblEventResults.TimeResult)>0)); This results in a non-updateable query. However, I need the ability to override the FinishPlace assigned by the query, hence the field “Override”. I then wa...

searching information stores
I am looking for a tool that will search all mail messages in the information store. Is there something out there like this? My boss is asking. Thank you Quest has a tool to do this as does OnTrack. I believe Quest's solution is called Recovery Manager for Exchange and OnTrack's product is called PowerControls. NEMX software also has a product called PowerTools for Exchange - can't recall if this does the same thing or not, though. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "KatPavelka" <k.pavelka@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u3IZsLWNFHA.3192@TK2MSFTNGP10.ph...

Reference information from one sheet to a second sheet
Hi I have a spreadsheet titled 2006 on sheet one. This sheet has column a - v with information. I want to have column b and I through s automatically fill in on sheet 2. I was successful in using =(2006!b3) for the first column I wanted to be on sheet 2 and it worked up until row 23 then only filled in with 0 from there on. Any suggestions? This must mean that the corresponding cell in the 2006 sheet is empty Try =IF(ISBLANK(2006!B3),'"",2006!B3) That a pair of double quotes between the commas. If you later have a sheet name with spaces in it, you will need single quote...

how to filter reports to only include specific information from ta
I am new to Access and need a little help: I have a contacts file in Access. All contacts are entered onto the same table. That table also has yes/no fields that help us indicate which organizations they belong to (for example, I can indicate yes for all the members of the Board of Directors, a Committee, etc). When I generate reports, I want to be able to have the report just show me who the members of the Board are- so only the contact info for the entries where that field is marked "yes". I feel like this should be simple but I keep getting stuck. How do I do a filter li...

can I make a chart with large amount of information?
I have two columns of information 'Customer' and 'busy hour' I have over 200 entries for each column and want to put the information into a chart, can this be done? Thank you in advance Going only from what you say, yes it would be possible. However, you may get so many items in the axis label to make it unreadable. You will need to format the axis. To do this - Click anywhere on the label Click on <Format axis> Click on <Scale> Amend the value in <Number of categories between tick mark labels> Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solut...

How to recover & re-establish deleted Outlook Express DBX files
I apologize for posting this twice. I forgot to include an email address. I accidently deleted my Outlook Express dbx files. I recovered the files back. However, I do notice that I have DBX, IDX, and MBX files. Next, I used the Outlook Express import wizard to try to re-establish a link to these deleted files. However, the files that were imported were from a year ago. I can't seem to import my recent files. 1) The path I follow is files/import/messages. 2) Select Microsoft Outlook Express 3) I specify my location as Main Identity. I only have one identity set up. 4) Cl...

WriteProfileString in vb.net under XP
I have been working with a vb program which I converted to vb.net using Visual Studio 2008. I have been using GetProfileString and WriteProfileString to save settings between runs of the program. In one case I want to be able to get rid of some settings. In one posting if was suggested that WriteProfileString(Appname, KeyName, 0&) using the declare: Declare Function WriteProfileStringA% Lib "Kernel32" (ByVal lpAppName$, ByVal lpKeyName$, ByVal lpString$) would do the trick. To check that this is what is actually happening, I wanted to look at the data b...

Sale pricing according to a schedule from HQ to Store
Hi, I'm using 1.3 SO and HQ. I want to use item sale pricing according to a schedule. I defined weekly schedule in HQ and sent it to stores (style 208) - it is ok. Next I defined item on sale, set sale price, placed a dot before "The sale is in effect according to a schedule" and selected the schedule. When I use worksheet "Style 301: Set Item Sale Prices" it sends to stores "This item is on sale" and sale price information, but changes automatically scheme to "The sale is in effect for a specific period". Am I doing something wrong or is it i...

how do I make a template to lock some information and also allow . #2
I am trying to create a template with information, but lock the info I am putting in. Also, I want to allow other users to be able to edit the unlocked cells. How do I do this? You can unlock the cells that should be changeable by the users. You can lock the cells that only you can edit. (By default all the cells are locked.) So select your range of cells that can be changed. format|cells|protection tab uncheck locked. Now you have to protect the worksheet. (locked cells on an unprotected worksheet can still be changed) Tools|protection|protect sheet. Be aware that this protection ...

Can't import OE6 account information into Outlook
I've got a whole load of mail in my OE6 box and am trying to migrate it to Outlook 2002. All the messages etc have come through, but the account information for all the email addresses I have is not being done. If I manually try to Import via Import -> Internet Mail & Account Settings, I get "No Internet Accounts were found to Import". Help appreciated. do you have more than one identity in OE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/ex...

exchange store.exe taking over my server
I have p4 1.7 gig HRz with 1 gig of RAM the store.exe takes almost all Ram availabe leaving only about 40meg free physical ram. This ram is held and not released I seem to have tracted it to an info message in the aplication event log it is event # 2010 the message is About to start mt_wait on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store This is logged every 10 secs can anyone help me with these problems -- Paul what version of exchange are you running? any service packs installed? "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A809597-B2F8-4A5D-...

Possible to have a shared and private outlook?
In an office environment, is it possible for co-workers to use a shared version of outlook with commonly updatable calendar entries and still have their own individual calendars? Bill wrote: > In an office environment, is it possible for co-workers to use a > shared version of outlook with commonly updatable calendar entries and > still have their own individual calendars? Yes, but you'll really need Exchange server for that. Look at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/default.mspx. ...

Changes to the Mailbox Store Maintenance Interval is not working
Mailbox Store Maintenance Interval is not working when I change the maintenance schedule to a custom time. I have waited days and the Maintenance still runs at the old time. Backups are not conflicting. If I re-start the system attendant the maintenance schedule changes to the new time I want but I should not have restart services and take an outage on the mailbox store just to changed this setting. In all my reading on this manner in the web, the new setting should just take. Has anyone ran into this problem? yes, and restarting SA fixes it just like you saw. -- Bharat Suneja MCS...

Quick Campaigns should store a copy of the word document
When creating a quick campaign with mail-merge by letter, CRM does not store a copy of the word document used. Instead it just stores the name of the template (if one was used). It would be very useful to store one copy of the actual word document (perhaps in the information tab of the quick campaign itself). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in...

Mail store folder on the network
i have a requirement to store mails for user for a long period of time my query is is there a microsoft mail client that can store the mails on network folder to ease my backing up of files nightly -- M I believe that Outlook can put its message store on a network. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Mwasaru" <Mwasaru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FB9AA96-D00D-4184-866B-BEC9D5D62E8B@microsoft.com... > i have a requirement to store mails for user for a long period of time my > query is is there a microsoft mail client that can store the mails...

Use Online update without storing data on MSN.com
Hi Guys, I'm looking for an option or a way to get my financial info updated automatically but without storing my data on MSN.com. Firstly it's totally not necessary for me to be able to access that from the internet AND after hearing the news the MS is now giving kits to law enforcement to open windows (incl the built-in encryption) I am most definitely NOT using their site for that purpose. I don't care about signing in with a LiveID but I don't want my data stored anywhere else except my PC. So, how can I do this? :) In microsoft.public.money, Verbunk wrot...

Urgent :: Information Store Not Responding
Guys/Gals... Over the weekend 4 of my 28 Exchange 2003 servers started exhibiting the same behavior. The information store stop responding. Clients cannot connect, and when you go to view the stoe in ESM, it says the Infor Store service is not running or cannot be contacted. When looking at the service, it is running, and the store.exe process is also running and has sporadic CPU activity, which means it should be working. Upon attempting to stop the service, it hangs and says it did not stop in a timely fashion. The only way to get the service to stop is to end the store.exe process. O...

Is there a way to recover a deleted file?
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background ..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup" all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is there a solution that I'm going to like? Regards, When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on your keyboard? If so then these files must...

Can't recover deleted items #2
I've seen this post several times, but thus far haven't found a posted solution. I've got a user who goes into Outlook and tries to recover her deleted items. When she does so, it boots her out of outlook. I originally thought this was a Win98 issue with Outlook 2000. I gave her a new PC with W2K pro and it is still doing it. I can recover her deleted items from my machine with no problems. But from her pc, it craps out. Could soemone out there lend a solution? Thanks, Mark ...

where are OL2K3 shortcuts stored ?
hi, one of my used tells me that he losts all his outlooks shortcuts (in the shortcut bar on the left). where are thoses shortcuts stored on the disk ? Pierre. in an xml file at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing ...

Recovering Archived Calendar Items
When autoarchiving the data was not archived to the default pst file and now it can not be found. Is there any place to look for it to recover the data (calendar items). First -- are you sure the data was ever archived at all? Have you done an Advanced Find on your default folders to make sure they're not there? (It's possible they're just hidden by a filter or something.) If not, I'd search for all .PST files on the computer, and then open each one in turn to see if the data is there. To open the files, use File | Open | Outlook Data File (or Personal Folders File -- ...

Storing CD Clip Art on Hard Drive
I have been using Publisher 2002 off and on for personal use but have always been frustrated that the clip art shown in the gallery/organizer is still on the CD and I have to locate the CD everytime I want to use that clip art. Is there any way to load the clip art from the CD onto my hard drive and stil lhave it organized in the clip organizer with the keywords, etc? Same goes for Home Publishing 2000.... similar inconvenience. Thanks all! Can't help you with the Home Publishing program, but the Clip Organizer goes like this: How to perform a local installation of the contents...

How can i update a document stored as JPEG extention ?
I have a document stored as JPEG extention type, I would like to have it updated by myself using Microsoft Office Picture. How can I do that. Thank you in advance Regards Penedo Silva "Penedo Silva" <Penedo Silva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE0E878A-C210-4EAE-AC5F-FBF33D2C490F@microsoft.com... > I have a document stored as JPEG extention type, I would like to have it > updated by myself using Microsoft Office Picture. How can I do that. > Thank you in advance > Regards > Penedo Silva To edit an image of a document, you need t...