recovering messages from MS-O-O-2003 .OST file

Scenario:
User fired for various reasons.
Deleted Profile from laptop in MS Office Outlook 2003
Deleted (or so they thought) messages on server.
I _DO_ have a copy of their .OST file, and want to go into the messages to
search for possible "sensitive" subject matter transmitted.

With the profile intact, it's easy done by creating Personal Folders,
running "offline" and copying .OST file to new Personal Folders.
BUT...
Is it possible to do, when the Outlook 2003 profile has been deleted?
0
stui (2)

test that tools found from the MSExchange Blog
http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/files/ost2pst.exe

--
Regards,
Yannick DUCERF
> Scenario:
> User fired for various reasons.
> Deleted Profile from laptop in MS Office Outlook 2003
> Deleted (or so they thought) messages on server.
> I _DO_ have a copy of their .OST file, and want to go into the messages to
> search for possible "sensitive" subject matter transmitted.
>
> With the profile intact, it's easy done by creating Personal Folders,
> running "offline" and copying .OST file to new Personal Folders.
> BUT...
> Is it possible to do, when the Outlook 2003 profile has been deleted?

0
yducerf (64)
10/26/2004 6:49:21 AM
Thanks Yannick. I tried running it a few times, but it kept erroring-out on
me, during "Step 2 of 4 Steps". Nonspecific error, so not sure why the applet
crashed.

Cheers!

Stui

"Yannick DUCERF" wrote:

> test that tools found from the MSExchange Blog
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/files/ost2pst.exe
>
> --
> Regards,
> Yannick DUCERF
> French Exchange Administrator
> "stui" <stui@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 6C210486-CA51-4FD0-87E2-463E6412A529@microsoft.com...
> > Scenario:
> > User fired for various reasons.
> > Deleted Profile from laptop in MS Office Outlook 2003
> > Deleted (or so they thought) messages on server.
> > I _DO_ have a copy of their .OST file, and want to go into the messages to
> > search for possible "sensitive" subject matter transmitted.
> >
> > With the profile intact, it's easy done by creating Personal Folders,
> > running "offline" and copying .OST file to new Personal Folders.
> > BUT...
> > Is it possible to do, when the Outlook 2003 profile has been deleted?

0
stui (2)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How to repair a .dll file in IE8