Recover exchange 2000 data

Hi Can anyone help with this please?
i have an SBS2000 server (with exchange 2000) that wont boot due to the disk
filling up and corrupting files.
i have put in a new SBS2003 server and have it running ok but need to get
the exchange data form the old server to the new.....  is there a simple way
to do this? like connecting the old data drive and "importing" the mail boxes
or even just the emails....
thanks for any help
Dan

0
box (14)

In news:58940B53-E821-4E3E-9FA3-BE988DEAD37B@microsoft.com,
Dan da Box <Dan da Box@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hi Can anyone help with this please?
> i have an SBS2000 server (with exchange 2000) that wont boot due to
> the disk filling up and corrupting files.
> i have put in a new SBS2003 server and have it running ok but need to
> get the exchange data form the old server to the new.....  is there a
> simple way to do this? like connecting the old data drive and
> "importing" the mail boxes or even just the emails....
> thanks for any help
> Dan

Hi - no, you can't just import them. You have an entirely new AD domain now
anyway, even if your stores could be mounted in the first place. I suggest
you post in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs and provide more info on the
old server (exact symptoms, more detail) to see whether someone there can
help you.

Recovery Manager for Exchange at www.quest.com will let you
open/browse/export from Exchange database files offline, but much depends on
the state of your old server at this point. I presume you had no good backup
of that server or you would have mentioned that....

0
lanwench (7567)

Alternative to exchange router
Hi, Does anyone have an alternative for the exchange router. My customer has a hosted exchange solution and it will not be possible to install exchange router on the exchange server Thanks Mike so far there are no alternatives to the exchange connector. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:d2tvqp$l62$1$830fa795@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi, > > Does anyone have an alternative for the exchange router. My customer has a > hosted exchange solution and it will not be poss...

Color box unavailable on Patterns tab in "format data series"
I have a user who is working with some charts and can not edit the color box (is grayed out) on the patterns tab in “format data series”. We feel it is a user setting or something because a different user can pull in the same spreadsheet and edit the color of a graph bar just fine… Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions? ...

Selecting or deleting data
Hi all Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether to select o delete data. Eg; A1 = xxx A2 = yyy A3 = zzz & C1 = (Nothing) C2 = (Nothing) C3 = zzz The results in E1,2 & 3 should have data in A1 and A2 but not A3 or C because Column C is for cancelled items and if it data in this colum matches then they should cancel each other out. Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try in E1: =IF(A1=C1,"",A1) and copy this down >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether...

how can I find and download a WAB DLL file for Outlook 2000
When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I may have accidently removed it. What OS are you using? Curious since OL2000 isn't Vista compatible. "JEJE" <JEJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E344280E-7FEC-4550-8255-E1069D4A8621@microsoft.com... > When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I > may > have accidently removed it. if you are using vista, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm otherwise, we need to know the version of windows. -- Diane Po...

outlook 2000 doctor watson errors
When I try to edit a forwarded email containg HTML text outlook crashes giving an Dr. Watson Error. Any ideas. Thanks in advance. Error? Version of Outlook? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when maili...

Define a specific Printer using VBA (Access 2000)
Hello, I am using Access 2000. (No way to change Access version for now) I know that In Access XP can be done this request. I Would like to print to a specific Printer when I open a report in NormalView without changing the default printer (I know how to reset default Printer using VBA. There is an option in PageSetup of every report "Print to a specific printer" but I would like this option to be set for every report by VBA. I thank you in Advance Kon. ...

get xml option in data menu
i can't find the xml option in the data menu? any ideas? using office 2003 sbe. ...

exchange user mailbox not created
Hi guys, Have exch 2003 on win2003 svr in new AD forest. New user is created and "Create exchange mailbox" is selected for new user. Try to activate mailbox from outlook but name is not listed in GAL. Have restarted RUS, - no change. Failing an exchange server restart is there any way to tell AD / exchange to get its act together and create the mailbox. The properties of user does not display an smtp email address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Peter pls following the KB 286356 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356/en-us -- Jammyù�ٴ� "cumis...

Powershell script to create Resource Rooms Exchange 2007
I am attemting to make a script to create room accounts via powershell that will set the appropriate -mailboxcalendarsettings depending on the user input. Everything works fine if I put a 5 minute pause between new-mailbox and set-mailboxcalendarsettings. It is like the mailbox isn't fully created, get-mailboxcalenarsettings gives an error "cannot open mailbox" for the first 3-5 mins after creation. Is there a way to tap the mailbox via powershell to speed up the process? Or a setting I can change on the server? Any help or ideas are appreciated! ...

CRM Exchange Router stop working if I install the auto accept agent for exchange????
Hi, I can't setup my server to run the auto accept agent and the CRM router on the same server!!! If I setup the CRM router, the auto acccept agent stop working, if I install the auto accept agent, the crm router stop working!!!! the CRM router service simply don't start. I'm using the auto accept agent to manage my meeting room usage. any idea??? there is some conflicts? if yes, there is a solution? thanks. Jerome. ...

Data Entry Form and Subform problems
Hi, I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, it's not working out as planned. I have two tables: tblAccount [AccountID] (PK) [DefaultAddressID] ....more fields tblAddress [AccountID] (Combined PK) [AddressID] (Combined PK) .... more fields tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary key of AccountID and AddressID. tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field. tblDefaultAddre...

[MAPILAB ANN.] Native POP3 Connector v2 for Exchange/SBS
We are proudly bringing to your attention our new product: Native POP3 Connector version 2. Free trial download is available! Comparing to the first version this is a completely new solution which enables Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003 (Small Business Server 2000/2003) to work with POP3 mail in a complete and native way. Beside the others it includes the following key features: #1 INTEGRATION Exchange System Manager full integration with the distributed administration feature. NPC is a native solution for Exchange Server: you can manage and configure it as if it were a st...

Single Exchange server with multiple domains
Hello, My company was just acquired and the new owners are asking that I merge our two Exchange servers into a single server. We are running two domains. Is it possible for a user in one Windows domain to access an Exchange server in another domain? Jeff <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > My company was just acquired and the new owners are asking that I > merge our two Exchange servers into a single server. We are running > two domains. Is it possible for a user in one Windows domain to > access an Exchange server in another domain? Sure, if you...

repeated data in some columns
Hi there, I'm kind of new to Access and use it only as point-and-click (I have no idea about SQL!). I'm trying to create a query, but it isn't producing the right results. The data describes sample collections from another of locations, many dates and a couple of different projects. I'm trying to limit the query to one location and one project. The data for the query comes from a number of tables. I seem to be doing ok with limiting the location, finding different dates, and only looking at one project. Those columns look fine. However, when I look at the data (coun...

SBS2008 R2 ?? / Exchange 2010 ?? / SBS2010 ??
I have a client on SBS2003 R2. They're okay with it, as it has been very stable environment for them. They would have upgraded to SBS2008 but decided not to because they see it as "an interim release" between SBS2008 R2 or SBS2010. Would you say that's a correct way of looking at this. I know the Exchange 2007 is a nice improvement with SBS2008. But they're actually okay with Exchange 2003 for now. They think they might want to wait for Exchange 2010 to be included before they consider upgrading. Not to rush them if they're happy, but I'm ju...

recover deleted account in CRM 3.0
I have a user that deleted an entire account. What is the easiest way to recover it? Hi, if you have deleted it as opposed to deactivated it - sorry to say - you will need to reenter the account and its details. Once you delete an account it will be flagged for deletion by the crm deletion service. If you deactivated it - just re-activate it. Regards Mike "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F112C299-077A-4C66-A656-88DE8C21F9C0@microsoft.com... >I have a user that deleted an entire account. What is the easiest way to > recover it? ...

Microsoft exchange ports
I'm trying to open my outlook trough a vpn connection on which i configured ip filter my question what port do i have to open to get my connection done? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en- us;155831& http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280132 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to open my outlook trough a vpn connection on >which i configured ip filter my question what port do i >have to open to get my connection done? >. > ...

Moving mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 changes size
When we move mailboxes from Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 server it increases the mailbox size which causes issues with our users. Can someone tell me why this is happening and what to do if anything to prevent it from occurring? It may be possible that you have a high ratio of single instance storage. When someone sends an e-mail to multiple people on you exchange server it only stores one attachement and each user recieves a pointer that points to it. (this is all transparent to the user) But when you start moving mailboxes for any reason it breaks this and makes a single a...

Change in CTime data member fro 4 bytes to 8 bytes
Hi, I have legacy code that has a structure which has several CTime data members. These data structs were written using VC6. When I try to reade these same structs using VC7.1 (.Net 2003) I get errors, because the CTime class now has a 8 byte rather than a 4 byte data member. My question is can I use a compiler or some other option in .Net 2003 to use the older version of CTime rather than the newer version. The work around of reading the CTime data in as a long and then casting it to a CTime works, but is clugy. Thanks Hi, while it's nice of Microsoft to support CTimes beyond th...

Stop entering data if a specific field is Null
Hi I have a table where there is one field named "Apartment" I have put required Yes for this field. Here is the problem and I am surelly not the first to ask that. Right now, user can fill all fields and when he wants to add a new record, system tells that the "Apartment" field must be entered unless the record will not be saved. To add a new record, user have to click a button. When he clicks, focus goes on the "Apartment" field. What I want is if user don't fill the "Apartment" field he will not be able to go to other fields...

locking page layout but allowing data entry
I have a data sheet with merged cells, borders etc. I wish to allow data entry and mods including moving lines of data (control x) and pasting. At present this also removes merged cells and erases borders. Is there any way to create a locked format for a sheet which prevents users from changing cells, merges, borders etc, but still allows data to be moved without affecting the sheet; ie merged cells stay merged and drawn borders are not erased? Thank you for some expertise. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post use...

Contact filtering anomaly (Outlook 2000)
I have a category called 'Out of touch'. It is never the only category of a contact (ie: each 'Out of touch' contact belongs to at least another category) I want to have a view where I see all my contacts NOT belonging to 'Out of touch'. However, when I do : Customize current view / Filter / Advanced / [Categories] [doesn't contain] [Lost touch] I get no results at all. This actually happens with any category that I want to eliminate from the view. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Thanks, W. ...

Custom Address in Exchange 2003 for x500
Hopefully someone has does this before. I'm currently trying to implement a recipient policy that will update the recipient contacts in AD and add an x500 address that will match our old Exchange 5.5 x500. Everytime I try to add a custom address type with x500 I receive the following message: The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'x500' address type on 'i386' machines is missing. Has anyone been able to accomplish this before? What did you need to do? Thanks in advance, Dave You need a proxy address generator DLL for th...

problems with charts copied into Word 2000
using Excel 2000 SR1 & Word 2000 created a simple chart in excel, copied it, switched to word and did edit / paste special - link when the chart is viewed in word (and after i've resized it) the rhs of the chart is truncated (about 2cm - compared to how it looks in excel) - moving the legend etc didn't seem to make a difference i've not seen this problem before and couldn't find anything in google groups that helped (still can't cope with the new interface!). any ideas? Cheers JulieD ...

Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000 . . .
I want to run the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2000. Outlook tells me to go to Tools and then to Out of Office Assistant, but there is no such option. Does anyone have any ideas on how to send an automated Out of Office message from Outlook 2000? I was just looking for this myself this morning. I am running into the same problem, and have searched for a fix and have'nt been able to find one. If you happen to get an answer from someone, would you please forward it to my email? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >I want to run the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook ...