Recipient Update Service not incrementing msExchServer1HighestUSN

I have a situation where the recipient update service fails after 1-2 days,
and I have to restart the server (Windows 2003 / Exchange 2003 SP1).  After a
restart (the System Attendant will not respond at this point) a new user
account does get stamped with email addresses, but the
msExchServer1HighestUSN value is not incremented.  If I manually run an
update on the RUS, then the msExchServer1HighestUSN value changes, other than
that it never increments...

Am I misunderstanding the way this process works, or should this value be
incremented if the RUS is working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
0
Rodney1 (32)

windows services stops automatically in xp SP3
Some Windows services like computer browser, server & windows audio etc are stops automatically after few minutes of system restart. Once we start these services manually, these services will stops again. Please help me...... On Jan 9, 5:14=A0am, Afzal <Af...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Some Windows services =A0like computer browser, server & windows audio et= c are > stops automatically after few minutes of system restart. Once we start th= ese > services manually, these services will stops again. =A0Please help me....= ... Are you using a regis...

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Why is "Service Temporarily Unavailable"?
What does this mean?: "Service Temporarily Unavailable We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later." I get this when I check on some questions I've posted, but have not yet appeared. Am I blocked? Banned? It doesn't appear to be a total interruption of service, because I can see older questions I've posted. I've got some questions that I need answers to. Can someone please help me? If there is a problem with my postings, why hasn't someone told me about them? If anyone can read this, thanks for your help. Candy "Candy"...

X.400 address in recipient policy on Exchange 2003
I have added a new Exchange 2003 server to my organization. I moved my recipient update services to this new server from the existing Exchange 2000 server. Since then, new accounts have not been stamped with an X.400 address. There is an X.400 address listed in the recipient policy, but it shows as unchecked. When I check it, I get a message about not being able to disable the primary X.400 address, but when I click Ok, and then reopen the recpient policy, the checkbox for the X.400 address is once again empty. Is an X.400 address necessary for an Exchange 200x organization in native mode? ...

Lient web services
I have noticed that after installing the client (laptop version 3.0) there is a web service file that can be accessed. is it possible to use it? there is no documentation about it in the sdk. i would like to use this web service and perform a simple authentication. how can i do it? Hi, Accessing webservices other then the ones described in the SDK is not supported. With kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "CRM Chief" wrote: > I have noticed that after installing the client (laptop version 3.0) there is > a web service file that can be accessed. is it ...

Can Microsoft Money 2004 update HK Stock Price
Hi all, I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the online service. Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online service? Thank you. Pong >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >I know that Money 2001 and 2002 cannot upgrade HK stock price from the >online service. > >Can Money 2004 now upgate HK stock price now through the online >service? > >Thank you. > >Pong >. > What company is the HK symbol for? I don't get a quote on finance.yahoo.com for HK when I enter the symbol. >-----Original Mes...

service and systray
hi! is it possible to set a systray icon when a service has started and the systray exists? thanks, philipp > is it possible to set a systray icon when a service has started and the > systray exists? Yes... you can develop an interactive service... take a look in MSDN > is it possible to set a systray icon when a service has started and the > systray exists? disregard this post. i think it's possible by using SERVICE_INTERACTIVE_PROCESS... philipp On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:38:19 +0100, Philipp Huber wrote: >is it possible to set a systray icon when a service has...

Some updates could not be installed ---to: PA Bear [MS MVP]
Automatic Updates Size: 55.7 MB This service pack upgrades all Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition instances and components to Service Pack 3 (SP3). If you need additional installation options, you should download this service pack at the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 955706. More information for this update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955706 the following updates were not installed Ok PA Bear I running Windows platform: WinXP platform: 2 version:5.1.A28 Service Pack 3 #165,17939 with Micros...

OE
I connect to the internet via a cable modem. Outlook Express is launched in StartUp. I get the message "Loader couldn't initialize service", yet when OE comes up it's fine, and has received new mail. The error message comes up in a window which stays up until I click OK. Sort of a nuisance, since everything seems to have loaded OK. Any ideas? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more exper...

Only service module exists
I just install a MS CRM pro edition 3.0 on a separate server. and there is only one user(domain administrator) in the domain. When i login CRM with the user, it only have Service module exists, but when in the user profile it seems the admin can access every module. What's the problem? By default, the account used for installation (Sys Admin role in CRM) will be in RESTRICTED ACCESS mode. Users in restricted access mode will NOT consume CAL license and have limited functionality. In CRM, click Settings | Business Unit Settings | Users | open the user profile and uncheck RESTRICTED ...

Updating Pivot Tables Dynamically
I'm currently looking to implement a solution to automate the process of updating 5 pivot tables (one after another) on the same worksheet in an Excel workbook. Within the workbook there is a worksheet which is used as the data source for the pivot tables. If the number of items in the data source does not change the pivot table updates without any problems. However if the number of items in the data source increases the pivot tables start overlapping which causes errors. My guess here is that you can’t place pivot tables in a worksheet and have them adjust their size...

CanaTax.com has updated.
CanaTax has updated. The website has updated the CPP amount. A million thanks to Rosemary. CanaTax 2006 payroll tax table available(include Quebec) CanaTax.com is a free Canadian payroll tax calculator. CanaTax provides users with an easy way to calculate taxes on regular salary, bonus, retroactive pay and commission. Calculations include CPP, EI, Federal tax and Provincial tax (including Quebec). Features All provinces including Quebec. Federal and Provincial tax claims can be entered as codes. Use Computer Formula tax calculation methods. More earnings and deductions. Federal and pr...

Returned Message from external recipient
Help... I'm having an issue with outbound mail to a specific site. I get the following message when I or anyone from my network sends mail to this site. The recipient name is not recognised. The MTS-ID of the original message is "blah, blah, blah..." 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I have read several post relating to this error message, but they are all referenced to Internet mail issues. They wanted the Poster, to check the "My Server requires Authentication" box on the Server Tab of the E-mail Profile. I can't see ...

Vista Service Pack 2 (KB948465)
I keep getting prompted to install this "important" update - KB948465. It successfully instals and then sometimes within a few minutes but usually a day later when turning on PC, I get a prompt saying new updates are available and it's this one again (same number). Are these all different patches that need installing (as I continue to do) or is this a problem that's causing the same patch to reoccur continually? Ian UK wrote: > I keep getting prompted to install this "important" update - > KB948465. It successfully instals and then sometime...

Downloading Microsoft Updates
I would like to download Microsoft Updates to a networked directory so I can distrubute them across my network, without having each workstation take the time to download them. With so many updates for Windows XP coming out, it's really taking too much time and resources. Can anyone give to instructions how to do this? Tahnk you for you time. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to download Microsoft Updates to a networked >directory so I can distrubute them across my network, >without having each workstation take the time to download >them. With so many upda...

userform to update multiple sheets
I'm updating a sheet from a userform. I need to populate a second sheet (2010) within the same workbook with the same data. What is the easiest way to go about this? I tried to put a code in to copy the entire row but kept coming up with an error. Thank you. Set Wbk = Workbooks("Reworklog") Sheets("2006-2010").Select Dim LastRow As Object Set LastRow = Range("a65536").End(xlUp) LastRow.Offset(1, 0) = Me.TBRecDate LastRow.Offset(1, 6) = Me.TbSN LastRow.Offset(1, 11) = Me.TBreject LastRow.Offset(1, 16) = Me.cboDisposition 'Clear ...

Number increments
I have an excel spreadsheet with one cell that needs to be incremented by 1 every time it prints. So the first printout should read 1 the second 2 etc.. Any help is appreciated.. Thanks, Melissa -- mbruggemann ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mbruggemann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532946 Use a before_print event in the ThisWorkbook module to add 1 to a cell somewhere. sheets("sheet2").range("a1").value=...

Question about restarting Info Store service in cluster
I think I need to restart my Exchange Info Store service. We are running Exc 2003 Ent in a cluster which is new to me. I've read that you need to perform this using the cluster administrator, not services in admin tools. My question is where do I do this from? Groups or resources or does it matter? Under resources I see Exchange Information Store Instance (EXVS1). Exvs1 is my Exc virtual server name. I can also go to Groups, click exvs1 and see basically the same thing. Do I just right-click | take offline, then Bring Online? Thanks for any info- Yes you should be able to do it fro...

Window service property OnCustomCommand
Hi! In this example this OnCustomCommand listen to 5 different command that are integer. How can I send any of these integer to a service so it can rect and change it's behaviour ? I know only how I can start, stop,pause and such things protected override void OnCustomCommand(int command) { switch ( command) { case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.MonitorDDrive: _driveLetter = "D"; break; case (int)FreeSpaceCommands.MonitorEDrive: _driveLetter = &q...

How to schedule Multiple-day service activities in CRM?
Service activities can have several durations. The duration can be in hours (with a max. of 8 hours) or in days. Only the problem when setting up a service with a duration of two days, CRM assumes you mean 48 hours in stead of the logical 16 hours (two working days). When scheduling a mechanic for 2 days in CRM will lead to a strange display in his calendar. So therefore it seems to be impossible to schedule a multiple-day service activity in one time, only by entering an activity for each day separately. Or is there somebody who knows a good solution/work around for this inconvenience?...

Portfolio Mgr Chage filed noy updating
I just upgraded from 2004 to Plus Deluxe and imported my past downloads of 401k funds. While the Portfolio view displays the Change filed for some stocks, it does not for my Funds even though I have the Ticker sybol configured and interactive charts finds price history properly. Any ideas and why this filed works for some stocks and not for others (funds)??? In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote: >I just upgraded from 2004 to Plus Deluxe and imported my past downloads of >401k funds. While the Portfolio view displays the Change filed for some >stocks, it does not for my Fu...

How to Add MFC Support to "ATL Service (EXE)"
Hi, I have an ATL Project created as "Service (EXE)" The attributed check box was selected when the Project was created. Now,I want to add MFC support to this ATL Service. I have tried the KB Article:Q173974. Does not work for me. Please dont advise me not to use MFC. Any help in this regard, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Suze ...

Shared file links not updated when rows inserted in subfiles
We have one shared file which receives data from 20 subfiles via links with a relative reference. User A will open subfile 1 with the shared file. User B will open subfile 2 with shared file. User A inserts a row in subfile 1. User A saves subfile 1 and shared file. User B saves subfile 2 and shared file. Either user opens shared file. Link in shared file does not recognize the inserted row from subfile 1. Help! ...

Start and Shut Down exchange server services
Hi I want to know wich is the way to shut down and start de exchange server sercides. I mean, step by step the order of the services. Thanks On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 06:26:03 -0700, Octavio F <OctavioF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I want to know wich is the way to shut down and start de exchange server >sercides. I mean, step by step the order of the services. > >Thanks Shut down the System Attendant and the IS and MTA will be shut down as well. Start the SA and you will be able to start the IS and MTA. POP, IMAP and the Routing Engine have a dependanc...