Recipient update service #6

Hi all

I have two exchagne 2003 servers in the sameadmin group and routing group,
when i try to create a new repient update service on any one of the exchange
servers i cant i get an error "invaild argument" what can i do to
troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks
0
Skip1 (502)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:53:01 -0700, "skip"
<skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I have two exchagne 2003 servers in the sameadmin group and routing group,
>when i try to create a new repient update service on any one of the exchange
>servers i cant i get an error "invaild argument" what can i do to
>troubleshoot this issue?
>
>Thanks

Why the need for a new RUS?

0
adavid (8731)
6/21/2005 11:36:08 PM
because i am trying to figure out why i cant create one. If i cant create a
new RUS then something is wrong in AD, so the question remains what should i
look at to try and figure out why i cant create a new RUS.

Thanks

Skip

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:53:01 -0700, "skip"
> <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >
> >I have two exchagne 2003 servers in the sameadmin group and routing group,
> >when i try to create a new repient update service on any one of the exchange
> >servers i cant i get an error "invaild argument" what can i do to
> >troubleshoot this issue?
> >
> >Thanks
>

> Why the need for a new RUS?

0
Skip1 (502)
6/21/2005 11:45:04 PM
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:45:04 -0700, "skip"
<skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>because i am trying to figure out why i cant create one. If i cant create a
>new RUS then something is wrong in AD, so the question remains what should i
>look at to try and figure out why i cant create a new RUS.

	You generally only need to create a new RUS for another domain
that has mail-enabled objects, hence the question. If you are setting
it up for a domain that already has a RUS, each RUS has to be
connected to a unique DC to read and write from...
But nonetheless..
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875300

>Thanks
>
>Skip
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:53:01 -0700, "skip"
>> <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi all
>> >
>> >I have two exchagne 2003 servers in the sameadmin group and routing group,
>> >when i try to create a new repient update service on any one of the exchange
>> >servers i cant i get an error "invaild argument" what can i do to
>> >troubleshoot this issue?
>> >
>> >Thanks
>>

>> Why the need for a new RUS?

0
adavid (8731)
6/22/2005 12:12:47 AM
Your the MAN! that fixed it ( I also ran domain prep for good measure)

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:45:04 -0700, "skip"
> <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >because i am trying to figure out why i cant create one. If i cant create a
> >new RUS then something is wrong in AD, so the question remains what should i
> >look at to try and figure out why i cant create a new RUS.
>
> 	You generally only need to create a new RUS for another domain
> that has mail-enabled objects, hence the question. If you are setting
> it up for a domain that already has a RUS, each RUS has to be
> connected to a unique DC to read and write from...
> But nonetheless..
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875300
>

> >Thanks
> >
> >Skip
> >
> >"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> >> Why the need for a new RUS?

0
Skip1 (502)

Reporting Services Error 04-27-07
Last night I moved the CRM databases from our CRM Web Server to another SQL server in the same domain in hopes to increase performance. I followed the docs from Article 917948. I want the reporting services to remain on the CRM web server so I also followed the document on "Additional setup tasks when MS Reporting Services is installed on a seperate server from MS CRM or MS SQL Server". I setup the delagations and checked the SPNs. Our current setup is this: server1 CRM app Reporting services Win 2000 server, SQL 2000 Server 2 CRM databases Win 2003 server x64, SQL 2005 x...

Can callout developed by .net 1.1 call web service developed by ne
Hi I am developing MS CRM and i need to integrate with other system which implemented by VS 2005 .NET 2.0. The part of integration is when user insert or update company in CRM, then it must be auto update company in other system also. The updating should be synchronizing. What i am thinking is i customized at Post Create, Post Update, Post delete of company entity of CRM, then in the code i will go to call web service which coded by .net 2.0 to proceed modify, or inseret company record in other system. My problem is from what i understand that CallOut has to code and compile by .....

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Manager Assist ...... Field Service Module
Hi to all, I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on the service call module...... is it a GP module or it is a separate software thank you in advance, ManageAssist is a seperate VB application that connects to the GP Field Service tables. It allows for both viewing of schedule calls as well as updating of certain records (i.e. Unavailable time, sick time, etc.) -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on th...

Update Download problem
I downloaded the latest update for Outlook 2000. I did NOT have the installation cd handy. Okay, usually no problem, the instal quits. However this time, it did quit, yet now I am unable to open excel. It launches the instal program. The download was for Outlook. It has me boggled. Outlook, Word and Access open with no known problems. I have tried to open excel different times/ways. It continues to try to load the update. Any reasoning on the subject??? Thanks* ...

TargetInvocationException in Update Invoice in Microsoft Dynamics
Hi, we get the follow error mssage when we try update the invoice object. But, in the same class, we update the salesorder object with sucess. Obs. Our code is a custom page. Any ideas what this could be caused by? Tks Clau >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147197184, InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045F00): <details></details> at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMInvoiceClass.Update(CUserAuth& Caller, String InvoiceId, String InvoiceXml) [2006-10-10 12:16:47.4] Process: w3wp |Thread: 8708 |Category: Platform |User: d12c7...

0xc0040557 some malformed property of the recipient caised it to be NDRd
Hello, I constantly get these event log errors on Exch 2k sp3 when trying to send a mail from Outlook to an x.400 recipient on the other side of Exch 5.5 sp4, which is acting only as a bridgehead. Any help greatly appreciated. MS Exchange Categorizer Errors in Event log on Exch 2000 9000 The function 'CPhatCat::HrHandleOneOffOrContact(6)' failed for reason 'The operation completed successfully. ' when processing the recipient 'C=gb;A= ;P=jon;O=jon;S=053;G=jonb;OU1=ow;OU2=jaguar;' of type 'x400'. A DSN has been generated. 9004 Categorizer encountered a har...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

multiple fies updating one file
Hi, How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing. I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps growing. Thank you Hi Vic; You can select and copy the range you want to link, then go to then go to the receiving sheet and click the top right cell. Click Edit / Paste Special and select Paste Link. This will link the entire range. If you happen to be running Office 2007 you can right click into the ...

failed recipient, trying to delete address exchange 2003
I get this error when trying to delete an invalid email for a recipient in Exchange. I saw no postings for this error on the net! "this is the home email-address for this recipient, it cannot be removed." ID # c10312e8. I have another address that I have made primary. But still cannot delete this one. Try manually updating the Recipient Update Service on ESM or wait for replication to occur. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "media" <timisme@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161757808.425153.274250@f16g2000cwb.g...

Task Update in PWA 2007
Hi, Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for example to enter some percent complete, then to get the progress of that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional? If so, how? Thanks for your help! Xiao -- No, this is not possible. Even though the PM can create a Rule to automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update after accepting it. And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA. In conjunction with rules, a software developer...

Profits of IE 7.0 to 8.0 update if usage for adminstrative tasks only
OS: XP, Vista and 7 Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing What are the benefits of upgrading the IE from 7.x to 8.x in this case ? This FAQ answers common enterprise customer questions about Windows Internet Explorer 8. "Windows Internet Explorer 8 FAQ for Business" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1da2f8c-f982-4cae-a83a-831188e57df9&displaylang=en --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est kakii wrote: > > OS: XP, Vista and 7 > Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing &...

windows live mail and outlook express 6?
is it possible to install windows live mail and be able to keep outlook express 6 like mozilla firebird? Mozilla Firebird is a old defunct browser, not an e-mail client. Yes, you can have OE and WLMail on the same machine. You can run WLMail and OE at the same time and download incoming mail to both if you want to give it a try. Sent messages will be only in the Sent Items folder for the e-mail client used to send. You can download it here if you wish. Windows Live Mail (Overview & Features): http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview I would suggest you subscribe to the W...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Using SqlDataAdapter for Insert but not Update?
I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing records in my SQL table. I'd like it to perform the Insert on rows that don't exist, but not update the record if it already exists. I have it set to ContinueUpdateOnError because I don't want it to throw an exception if a row already exists, I just want to ignore it. I'm clearly missing something... On Dec 11, 4:46=A0pm, Stu <stumor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing > records in my SQL table. =A0I'd like it to pe...

SNTP in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I tried to sync my device (Win CE 6.0) time using SNTP. All the SNTP IOCTL 's are working except "IOCTL_SERVICE_CONTROL". When i call Service IOCTL , Invalid parameter error is occurring. I am using the following code WCHAR szControlString[]=L"sync"; DWORD dwLenIn=sizeof(szControlString); DWORD dwBytesReturned; DeviceIoControl(hFile, IOCTL_SERVICE_CONTROL, szControlString, dwLenIn, NULL, 0, &dwBytesReturned, NULL); return 0; } and registry settings are [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\TIMESVC] "server"=multi_sz:"pool....

Exchange 5.5 Internet Email Service
My Exchange 5.5 server crashed, and I had to rebuild the server. I have everything working but Internet Mail service. I can receive email from the internet, but can not send. I receive the following error in "network error during host resolution" this is in the deatil of the queue. I am using DNS for name resolution. Any ideas why? Check to see if you have DNS set up correctly. Are you running DNS on a seperate server or the Exchange server? "Frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061401c47495$49a22a10$3a01280a@phx.gbl... >...

FW: Try corrective update
--lkdjfwcphrqtozfp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ygblvpmg"; type="multipart/alternative" --ygblvpmg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lcxxrzqr" --lcxxrzqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the security of yo...

services.msc and Internet Explorer shutdown immediately
I have a server running Windows Server 2003. When I try to open Internet Explorer 8, it acts like it's going to open, but then quickly just shuts down completely. The event viewer just shows iexplore.exe as the faulting application event ID 1000, but no real specific information. While troubleshooting this problem, I noticed that when I try to go to Start/Run and then services.msc (or try to open "services" from Administrative Toos), I get the "Microsoft Management Console encountered a problem and needs to close" error, and it shuts down. The event vi...

Local Software Update service for Office 2004?
Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft Office on my LAN? With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates, but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update service without using my Internet connection. I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the update levels per station. Phillip Remaker wrote: > Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft > Office on my LAN? > > With my Xserves, I am using...

SCW adding strange Services into GPO
Every time I run the MS SCW (Security Configuration Wizard) on W2K3, it enters the below strange Services into the resulting XML and finally into the GPO, always spelt in lower case. It doesn't matter which server type I select. Question: Why does it do and can I stop it? - 6to4 - adam_isastgctrl - adtagent - adtserver - appmgr - binlsvc - ddm001 - ddm6db - ddm999 - dmlservice - dns - drdaresync - edi subsystem - elementmgr - entsso - fpnw - fwsrv - groveler - ifssvc - imap4svc ...

Updating stock prices Money 2003
I am using Money 2003. I can only update stock prices manually. The option of online update stopped in march. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, MH wrote: >I am using Money 2003. I can only update stock prices manually. The option >of online update stopped in march. What to do? > You are using Money 2003 Standard. You can enter prices manually, or upgrade. http://www.microsoft.com/money/partner/partnernews/OSP.asp has expiration data for Money 2004. Which has less glitches standard 2004 or standard 2005? "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> w...

Merchant Services #2
Looking for guidance on how to set up the Merchant Services system. We went with Citi Merchant Services. What needs to be done to set the system up? Is it simply a matter of setting up some opitions within the software or do we need to have Citi or Microsoft assistance in order to get it set up? Thanks, Monica ...