recipient update service #5

Hi all

When itry and create abother recipient update service on my 2003 sp1 server
i cant, i get an error ("invalid argument") also when i go to the properties
of my existing recipient update services for enterprise and domain I do not
see the properties, all is see is the general, object and security tabs. I
have two exchange 2003 servers that srte in the same admin and routing group,
I get the same issue on the second server.

Would running domain prep or forest prep help resolve this issue?

Many thanks
0
Skip1 (502)

Hi Skip

Why do you need to create a new Recipient Update Service?

The tabs you see are the only tabs available on the Recipient Update
Service.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Limited

"skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> When itry and create abother recipient update service on my 2003 sp1
> server
> i cant, i get an error ("invalid argument") also when i go to the
> properties
> of my existing recipient update services for enterprise and domain I do
> not
> see the properties, all is see is the general, object and security tabs. I
> have two exchange 2003 servers that srte in the same admin and routing
> group,
> I get the same issue on the second server.
>
> Would running domain prep or forest prep help resolve this issue?
>
> Many thanks

0
markfu (160)
5/27/2005 11:12:08 PM
I jsut wanted to see if i could, i should be able to and i should alos see
the browse tab on the recipient update service for enterprise and domain for
example, to allow me to point the RUS to a specific DC or global catalog
server. I dont have the option. Something not write with the RUS in my
environment

"Mark Fugatt [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Skip
>
> Why do you need to create a new Recipient Update Service?
>
> The tabs you see are the only tabs available on the Recipient Update
> Service.
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Limited

> "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> >
> > When itry and create abother recipient update service on my 2003 sp1
> > server
> > i cant, i get an error ("invalid argument") also when i go to the
> > properties
> > of my existing recipient update services for enterprise and domain I do
> > not
> > see the properties, all is see is the general, object and security tabs. I
> > have two exchange 2003 servers that srte in the same admin and routing
> > group,
> > I get the same issue on the second server.
> >
> > Would running domain prep or forest prep help resolve this issue?
> >
> > Many thanks

0
Skip1 (502)
5/27/2005 11:21:03 PM
Skip

There is no Browse tab on the Recipient Update Service, there are browse
buttons on the General tab.

--

>I jsut wanted to see if i could, i should be able to and i should alos see
> the browse tab on the recipient update service for enterprise and domain
> for
> example, to allow me to point the RUS to a specific DC or global catalog
> server. I dont have the option. Something not write with the RUS in my
> environment
>
> "Mark Fugatt [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Skip
>>
>> Why do you need to create a new Recipient Update Service?
>>
>> The tabs you see are the only tabs available on the Recipient Update
>> Service.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Fugatt
>> Microsoft Limited

>> rights.
>>
>> "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all
>> >
>> > When itry and create abother recipient update service on my 2003 sp1
>> > server
>> > i cant, i get an error ("invalid argument") also when i go to the
>> > properties
>> > of my existing recipient update services for enterprise and domain I do
>> > not
>> > see the properties, all is see is the general, object and security
>> > tabs. I
>> > have two exchange 2003 servers that srte in the same admin and routing
>> > group,
>> > I get the same issue on the second server.
>> >
>> > Would running domain prep or forest prep help resolve this issue?
>> >
>> > Many thanks

0
markfu (160)
5/28/2005 12:27:31 AM
Ok there is not a "browse tab" but there is supposed to be a "browse button"
but i dont see it its not there.

"Mark Fugatt [MSFT]" wrote:

> Skip
>
> There is no Browse tab on the Recipient Update Service, there are browse
> buttons on the General tab.
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Limited

> "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I jsut wanted to see if i could, i should be able to and i should alos see
> > the browse tab on the recipient update service for enterprise and domain
> > for
> > example, to allow me to point the RUS to a specific DC or global catalog
> > server. I dont have the option. Something not write with the RUS in my
> > environment
> >
> > "Mark Fugatt [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Skip
> >>
> >> Why do you need to create a new Recipient Update Service?
> >>
> >> The tabs you see are the only tabs available on the Recipient Update
> >> Service.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark Fugatt
> >> Microsoft Limited

> >> rights.
> >>
> >> "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Skip1 (502)

Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration
Is it possible to migrate an existing 5.5 to 2000 using the same computer name? If you mean separate servers with the same name? No. However, if you setup an E2K server in your Ex5.5 org and move the mailboxes over to the new server name, the Outlook profiles will automatically update (if that is your concern). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Concrete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b7c01c401...

Service Activities
We would like Appointments/Service Activities to show up in Outlook Web Access for our tech's so they can check for new appointments/service activities throughout the day. The problem as I understand it is, if they have their laptops with them, there is no way for Outlook to get updates from CRM (short of VPN) and so OWA wouldn't be current. Does anyone know of a way whereby our Dispatcher could schedule a service call or appointment and it would show up in OWA even though their laptops/CRM Outlook clients were disconnected from the network? Thanks, Neil ...

Best replicas and the Best Service and Guarnatee to Back up Our Watches
Best replicas and the Best Service and Guarnatee to Back up Our Watches REPLICA WATCHES: http://www.precisionreplicas.com We offer you a World of Luxury at very affordable prices and you can rest easy about your satisfaction of quality and service. Now, with just a few simple steps, you can own something that will make you feel and look great! You can go to that business meeting, sales conference, or cocktail party wearing a beautiful watch and be sure to catch people's attention. The way you act, dress and present yourself will always be looked upon by others. By choosing from our selec...

MS Money 2007 Price Updates
I would like to turn the automatic update of Mutual Fund and Stock prices OFF. I would rather update after I balance to my broker's hard copy statement. How do I do this? I notice that most of my funds have online updates from Dec 1, Dec 22 and Dec 29th. I installed MS Money 2007 on Dec 28th and have just started using it. Why are updates for these dates chosen? I had been using Money 2003 and had it set so that I could control when it went to the internet for price updates. In microsoft.public.money, June wrote: >I would like to turn the automatic update of Mutual Fund and...

Apply these internet update from M$ Corporation
--wvzhrgaogvvfahz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vmesnvvbcltk"; type="multipart/alternative" --vmesnvvbcltk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yrinohwvbu" --yrinohwvbu Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This updat...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Duplicate email #5
I have several users who on occasion receive duplicate emails. Some as many as four duplicates. I have checked all settings and they seem to be correct. My email provider doesn't seem to have an answer either. If you are using POP3 accounts, then it is on the providers side, unless a person in the mailing group has a setting to auto frward to that person. I had that happen a few times for people who were on the main mailing list and their supervisor also was forwarding them the email. Email providers NEVER claim it is on their end I have found. "Aaron" <anonymous@discu...

publisher did not recognize my files in 2000 after applying update
I went to the officeupdates site and updated office 2000, it took 3 passes to get them all. now I can't open any of my saved publisher files short of loading the disks on another computer, how can I get to the data on the saved publications ...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

Can't connect after updates.
I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. Anyone one else have this problem? I am actually experiencing the same issue. I just installed, it said that there were updates available which I installed and now I can not connect from within money... I am using vista, not sure if that is part of the problem or not... "Jakryk" wrote: > I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. > Anyone one else have this problem? I'm using Vista also. I've reinstalled Money and I cancel the updates. It happen...

550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias
I have a user trying to send to another user through Outlook 2003. When she sends email to the user, the following error message is returned- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com I've seen this error message posted elsewhere, but the posts were for people receiving this message from an external source for mail they did not send. Anybody have any ideas? ...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

Frustrated Beyond Measure
I loved Money 2005, recommended it to friends and got 2 great years of use out of it. Then, it forced me to upgrade to continue online services. I didn't mind since it was only $40 and I got two good years out of it. However, Money Plus Deluxe has been a nuisance. I have never gotten portfolio manager to work. I spent 2 weeks sending emails with support where the guy eventually said "if this doesn't work, I can't help you." Great... shoudl I go buy Quicken? This weekend, I decided to try to completely uninstall Money and try a reinstall to get Portfolio Manag...

Archive #5
Hy, I tring to archive some e-mails from my mailbox into a pst file that i created to use as an archive, after i've insert it into outlook ("all mail folders" - the column on the left) i try to archive some e-mails from menu File --> Archive, i select the "start" date and the pst file that i've created, but no e-mails are been archived even if on the status bar i can see "Archiving..." What i've to do to archive my e-mails? Thanks Kentucky ...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

Try that critical update from the Microsoft
--cvopnkiwnuksx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="euamswwo"; type="multipart/alternative" --euamswwo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qcidyxbg" --qcidyxbg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your computer from ...

Service Pack installtion order?
I'm going to be installing Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 (on the same server) Which one should I install first? Also if Windows 2003 SP1 was installed after Exchange 2003 SP1 should the Exchange SP be reinstalled? (Just curious, haven't done it yet)? I don't think it makes much difference. Windows 2000 and 2003 were designed to handle dll conflicts ect that Windows Nt was not very good at. "Todd" <todd@nospamit.net> wrote in message news:OlvVM3gQFHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm going to be installing Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set
Price:$5.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0006UOV8G Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0006UOV8G Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set Zinc plated steel body construction. 3 ½ Lacquered hardwood handle is small enough not to get in the way yet large enough to get a good grip. Very thin and compact design makes it easy to get into tight areas. 5 tempered blades: 1- medium for cutting woods, 1-fine for thick metal or hardwood, 1- extra fine for thin metal or thin woods, 2- hacksaw blades for all metals. Blades are easy to replace, just unscrew the ha...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...

Struggle in USB Rndis Bootloader wince 5.0.
Hi This is the continuation of the below link : http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder/browse_thread/thread/9a3d0f92deff702a The below code snippet is taken from rndis.c file in RNE_MDD folder. Actually, I got the print statement upto: "***Rndis:: Get MAC address blah,blah,blah". the next print statement is not printed (RNDIS_INITIALIZED SUCCESSFULLY ...). But the RndisMdd.dwDeviceState flag is set to RNDIS_INITIALIZED when i get rndis initialize request. But why this print is not displayed and the below code is also not executed. So,...

Money 2005 #5
Here's a link to Amazon.com. They just put a picture up for Money 2005. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002D156I/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/002-4988365-7975251?v=glance&s=software&no=* I love that bit at the top. "Stop typing! Now get updates from you bank automatically." Of course, lots of people will still have to type to fix the mess the updates make and then type postings to the newsgroup asking how come Payees are whacked or the memo looks like a Payee or it downloaded to the wrong account or the password is different or... "Zach Rose" <meoge@...

stange folder after install updates
hello, I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates appear "strange folders". For example there're some folders in c: called: 6ac86d2ad9be93fc0f0ded or 22553c8e848b459d87bc49 I think that these folder are created when the installation on the update fails but my problem is in order to delete them I have to put myself as propietary of the folder manually, Is there any way to delete them automatically? sgr wrote: :: hello, :: :: I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates :: appear "strange folders". F...