Recipient policy not working for OU

Exch2003 sp2, win2003 sp1

I want users created in one particular OU to get a different primary SMTP
address. I've created the Recipient Policy with a filter for the OU and
Apply this Policy now, but users created in that OU still get the Default
Policy SMTP addressing.

Doesn't seem like it could be any easier. I ran Update Now on the RUS. Not
sure what else to even check. Why isn't it working? Any suggestions?
0
badiii (20)

A recipient policy filter based on the OU won't work. Try using populating
the company or department attribute with a value and then using that.

Nue
"bruce" <badiii@DELyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Exch2003 sp2, win2003 sp1
>
> I want users created in one particular OU to get a different primary SMTP
> address. I've created the Recipient Policy with a filter for the OU and
> Apply this Policy now, but users created in that OU still get the Default
> Policy SMTP addressing.
>
> Doesn't seem like it could be any easier. I ran Update Now on the RUS. Not
> sure what else to even check. Why isn't it working? Any suggestions?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/13/2006 6:13:39 PM
thanks for the reply.

that stinks. If I have to go in and set an attribute like that, I might
as well just enter the smtp address.

What about group membership, will that work?

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in

> A recipient policy filter based on the OU won't work. Try using
> populating the company or department attribute with a value and then
> using that.
>
> Nue
> "bruce" <badiii@DELyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Exch2003 sp2, win2003 sp1
>>
>> I want users created in one particular OU to get a different primary
>> SMTP address. I've created the Recipient Policy with a filter for the
>> OU and Apply this Policy now, but users created in that OU still get
>> the Default Policy SMTP addressing.
>>
>> Doesn't seem like it could be any easier. I ran Update Now on the
>> RUS. Not sure what else to even check. Why isn't it working? Any
>> suggestions?

0
badiii (20)
6/13/2006 6:22:24 PM
No afraid not. The member of (group) is a user attribute but it is a
backlinked attribute which means the RUS ignores it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304516/en-us

> thanks for the reply.
>
> that stinks. If I have to go in and set an attribute like that, I might
> as well just enter the smtp address.
>
> What about group membership, will that work?
>

> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> A recipient policy filter based on the OU won't work. Try using
>> populating the company or department attribute with a value and then
>> using that.
>>
>> Nue
>> "bruce" <badiii@DELyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Exch2003 sp2, win2003 sp1
>>>
>>> I want users created in one particular OU to get a different primary
>>> SMTP address. I've created the Recipient Policy with a filter for the
>>> OU and Apply this Policy now, but users created in that OU still get
>>> the Default Policy SMTP addressing.
>>>
>>> Doesn't seem like it could be any easier. I ran Update Now on the
>>> RUS. Not sure what else to even check. Why isn't it working? Any
>>> suggestions?

0
imaneophyte (3004)

recipient update service #5
Hi all When itry and create abother recipient update service on my 2003 sp1 server i cant, i get an error ("invalid argument") also when i go to the properties of my existing recipient update services for enterprise and domain I do not see the properties, all is see is the general, object and security tabs. I have two exchange 2003 servers that srte in the same admin and routing group, I get the same issue on the second server. Would running domain prep or forest prep help resolve this issue? Many thanks Hi Skip Why do you need to create a new Recipient Update Service? The...

My Office 2007 spell checker is not working.
For some reason, Office 2007 is not finding my spelling errors (in Word or PowerPoint). It is not auto-correcting, highlighting errors, or finding errors when I manually run spell check. When I go to Word options, the dialog boxes indicate that it's on and that auto-correct is also on. What's happening? ...

how SIN, COS and TAN works on sql server
I ran this: declare @f float set @f = 30 select sin(@f) and got -0.988031624092862 What is this? "Roy Goldhammer" <royg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eRKvnY0#KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I ran this: > > declare @f float > > set @f = 30 > > select sin(@f) > > and got -0.988031624092862 > > What is this? > > The values for SIN, COS, and TAN are in radians, not degrees. You are seeing the value of SIN(30 radians), which is correct. -- Dan "Dan" <news@worldofspack.com...

OWA Exch 2003 Not Working
I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to do http://127.0.0.1/Exchange and also http://servername/Exchange and I get the same message. Did OWA not install right. On 14 Mar, 13:01, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and > when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to dohttp://127.0.0.1/Exchangeand alsohttp://servername/Exchangeand I get the > same message. Did OWA no...

yes-no checkbox how to make it work
I've added the checkboxes from the control tool box and renamed them yes and no. How do I get it so when the box is clicked on the check box appears in the choice. Kevin ...

recipients
I have a newly installed exchange 5.5 on an existing NT 4.0 domain. my question: is there any way to create email accounts for all existing domain accounts without going through "add..new mailbox" for every single account? is there a batch or utility that could do this? thanks Absolutely. Its been a long time since I had to think about this. In Exchange Admin, at the top of the screen, click on Tools, Extract Windows NT account list. Then with the file you created, go back to Exchange admin, click on tools, and choose directory import, and import that file you made. -- Ma...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

IMF apparently not working
After installing the two latest Windows Updates for server 2003 and .net framework sp1 on our exchange server, the IMF appears to have stopped working. Users are reporting a large volume of spam in their inboxes. Tried re-installing the IFM. Is it broke? Or did spammers just get really clever over the weekend? Hi Matt, If you examine the IMF performance counters, are they incrementing? Also, if you have the IMF configured to archive at the gateway, do you see any messages in the archive folder? -- Scott Schnoll This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confe...

SFO installation not working over VPN
Hi Everyone, I have installed a laptop on a domain. I have a VPN connection setup. When I try to browse the network, I can only connect to the mscrmsnapshotshare via IP and not by host name. This is a problem as the SFO needs to connect to my crm server by name. Does anyone have any suggestions. I am using a Routfinder 660VPN. Should I do an install of Wins or an LMhosts file? Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks in advance Nic Nic, It sounds like DNS isn't working over your VPN. WINS may help, but there's probably something with the VPN that needs to be...

Remote Wipe Out Work with Treo 650?
Debating whether to get the Treo 650's with the ActiveSync built in vs. the PPC-6700 (both from Sprint) for our marketing reps here. Treo's are appealing due to how cheap they are now, and with the ActiveSync looks like you can sync up with xng2k3 sp2 (which we are implementing now). ActiveSync aside, can the Treo's be remotely wiped out with the Mobility Tool in xng2k3? Or is this feature only compatible with Windows Mobile OS? Anyone? Thx! No it can't. Remote wipe will only work with Windows mobile 5.0 devices with AKU 2.0 (formerly MSFP). Treo 650 is Palm OS. -- Be...

IF formula works, need it to also rounddown
How do I use two functions in a formula? I used the IF function and am using a percent, however, I need it to also round the number down, because other cells use it and latter I am always one cent off. example: =IF(SUM(J3)>0,SUM(J3*25%),0) So if the answer is 25.49666, I want it to calculate to 25.49. Thanks, =IF(J3>0,ROUNDDOWN(J3*25%,2),0) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "buddyorliz" <buddyorliz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A584EFD4-11BE-41AF-8F06-585059782F27@microsoft.com... > How do I use two funct...

Online Quotes don't work anymore
Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS Money 2001 standard. Any clues? There was a glitch for a bit that seems to be cleared up now... "Robert" <bob@flythrough.com> wrote in message news:069d01c357ca$e4ccc060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS > Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >-----Original Message----- >Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS >Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >. >I have the same issue. It worked the first time but not since. Big problem for m...

Policy Question
I am running Exchange 2003. My question is: Can I schedule Recipient policies to run once a week, every other week or monthly? I do not see the capability to schedule when they would run during their creation. So, it looks like it's an every night thing. I have told my CIO 'no, I can't schedule when they run at the moment' but thought I'd ask the question. Thanks for any Replies - Jon On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:47:11 -0500, "Jon Slater" <lanmanjs@comcast.net> wrote: > I am running Exchange 2003. My question...

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

delegate email still not working
for exch 2003 on outlook 2003 newly supporting the above, i did not set up the initial install i created a new user with ad wizard, so it created email account, mailbox, etc i opened up a mail account for the new user in outlook express and was able to receive mail in oe for the new user, then i deleted that acct in outlook express then i added that new user account to an exisiting outlook2003 already connected to another exch mailbox, in the advanced add user section, that newly added delegate user has all permissions the outlook directory tree added the new user mailbox and exch accepted...

CRM does not work via Internet
CRM 1.2 is not currently working via Internet. It requires a VPN connection. Is there a way to make it work on regular internet or this limitation will be addressed in the next version? Are you referring to the web client or the SFO client? The web client can be accessed publicly provided you have the appropriate ports open through your firewall (default is 80). However, there are some major security considerations to doing this. Unless you are using SSL, your company data will be being transmitted through the internet unencrypted. Due to the nature of the SFO client and it's requir...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Autofilter on protected work book?
Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a macro, e.g.: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES" It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it worked, but not now. Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)? Good morning Muppet Does this article help? http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- ...

CRM user to user email appaers to recipient as closed activity
email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we want it to be open. Noticed same behaviour, is this by design? "Steve" wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. Our MVP says it is a design function. We find it very annoying. "Steve 2 " wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. See my posts starting 9/27/2006 11:44 a.m. Boolean1 "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I stopped working
Using Office 2003 on Win XP SP2. Recently the Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I stopped working for quickly switch to your Inbox. Any advice? John ...

AutoPreview works intermittently
Outlook 2002 SP2 Affected Inbox is connecting to an IMAP server AutoPreview set to 'Preview unread items' I am an IT technitian and I have a user who likes to have her unread mail items in her Inbox to use the AutoPreview feature. At one point I went to View/Current View/Customize Current View.../Other settings... and chose 'No AutoPreview' option. I recently restored the 'Preview unread items' option. Now, an email will only AutoPreview if: I manually mark a read email as unread (right clicking on email and choosing 'Mark As Unread') or: right clic...

this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS)
this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS) We've been using exchange 2003 for 1 month, the logs are not reporting any problem concerning the exchange server or Windows 2003, the network is in good health. I've got the message several times when users are trying to send an email. NSLOOKUP (from another server outside the office) provided me with some useful informations to investigate furthermore, type=mx query for all those domains shows up the same DNS provider (allstream formely ATT Canada) How can I tell our local servers to find this ISP? Do you suggest me...