Recipient Policy not working #2

I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the
information stores from backups.  Everything seems to be working fine, but
now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address
for them.  The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it
did before.

Any ideas?
0
Andrew3569 (322)

Hi Andrew

Could you check the Recipient Update Service via Exchange System Manager and
ensure it is pointing to a valid Exchange server and Domain Controller.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Limited

"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the
> information stores from backups.  Everything seems to be working fine, but
> now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address
> for them.  The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it
> did before.
>
> Any ideas?

0
markfu (160)
2/22/2005 9:27:13 PM
Yes, both the Exchange Server and Domain Controller listed are correct.

"Mark Fugatt [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Andrew
>
> Could you check the Recipient Update Service via Exchange System Manager and
> ensure it is pointing to a valid Exchange server and Domain Controller.
>
> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Limited

> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the
> > information stores from backups.  Everything seems to be working fine, but
> > now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address
> > for them.  The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it
> > did before.
> >
> > Any ideas?

0
Andrew3569 (322)
2/22/2005 10:03:03 PM
Anything in App Event log?

Andrew wrote:

> Yes, both the Exchange Server and Domain Controller listed are correct.
>
> "Mark Fugatt [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Andrew
> >
> > Could you check the Recipient Update Service via Exchange System Manager and
> > ensure it is pointing to a valid Exchange server and Domain Controller.
> >
> > --
> > Mark Fugatt
> > Microsoft Limited

> > "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I recently moved our Exchange server to a new server by restoring the
> > > information stores from backups.  Everything seems to be working fine, but
> > > now when I add a new user/mailbox I have to manually enter an SMTP address
> > > for them.  The recipient policy isn't propogating out to new users like it
> > > did before.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?

0
kpalagin8074 (137)