Recipient Policy filtered by Child Domain:

We are in the process of deploying an Exchange system that will have
multiple child domains in a single forest.  Because some of these Child
domaisn have a different internet domain name I'd like to be able to create
a Recipient Policy that filters based on what child domain that person
belongs to.  While I've been able to create filters based on OU, etc... I've
not seen anything allows me to filter for say Child1.Domain.Local vs
Child2.Domain.local.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Michael Edward Kohlman

0
nospam7515 (2084)

"Michael Edward Kohlman" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote:

>We are in the process of deploying an Exchange system that will have
>multiple child domains in a single forest.  Because some of these Child
>domaisn have a different internet domain name I'd like to be able to create
>a Recipient Policy that filters based on what child domain that person
>belongs to.  While I've been able to create filters based on OU, etc... I've
>not seen anything allows me to filter for say Child1.Domain.Local vs
>Child2.Domain.local.
>
>Is this possible?

Have you tried using the distinguished name of the object and
something like "dn=*,dc=child2,dc=domain,dc=local"?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

- MEK

> "Michael Edward Kohlman" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote:
>
>>We are in the process of deploying an Exchange system that will have
>>multiple child domains in a single forest.  Because some of these Child
>>domaisn have a different internet domain name I'd like to be able to
>>create
>>a Recipient Policy that filters based on what child domain that person
>>belongs to.  While I've been able to create filters based on OU, etc...
>>I've
>>not seen anything allows me to filter for say Child1.Domain.Local vs
>>Child2.Domain.local.
>>
>>Is this possible?
>
> Have you tried using the distinguished name of the object and
> something like "dn=*,dc=child2,dc=domain,dc=local"?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
nospam7515 (2084)
2/20/2006 5:02:19 PM
"Michael Edward Kohlman" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote:

>That "would" be the logical thing to do you would think, but there is is no
>way to select or manually enter these attributes from the GUI that I've
>seen.  Which is what is making me feel rather brain-dead at the moment...

Use ADSIEDIT to put the LDAP search commands into the property. :)

Compose the query in Notepad, then copy and paste with ADSIEDIT.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Subject based filtering of DSN messages
I can't make this work for the vast majority of the DSN messages we get (message undeliverable and such). I have setup rules to filter the different bounce messages that I see in subject lines and some of them work fine. Most do not. The messages the come from postfix (for instance) have mime-encoded notification messages, split in several parts. I've tried matching the Subject: line I end up seeing in Outlook and the subject line that is in the internet headers of the message, which is not what outlook shows me. I think exchange 2003 is recognizing these messages and try...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Can Distribution List Sent Show Only One Recipient in Emails Recei
This is a re-write of a previous post, that didn’t get resolved. I’m restating it here to get a fresh start / better response. Also, please note that I’m not very technically savvy, so if there is a solve for this, please advise me in very plain language. Thanks in advance. Scenario: I'm a new user of Outlook 2007. Say I have a large group of clients. I want to create a boilerplate email for, that goes out to all the recipients. However, I want each email sent to be received by a single client, and at the same time not have that client be aware of the other clients (It...

Incoming mail for domain not matched to recipient
Is there any way to have all incoming mail for my domain name that does NOT match my recipients be routed to a single user? Thanks! On Mon, 16 May 2005 12:00:48 -0400, "Jack Ingraham" <jack@selectivesoftware.com> wrote: >Is there any way to have all incoming mail for my domain name that does NOT >match my recipients be routed to a single user? > >Thanks! > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324021 http://www.aloaha.com/software-development/catch-all-mailbox.php http://turbogeeks.com/products/mailbasket.asp ...

Can I change Domain membership of an Exchange server?
Here is my setup. I have two child domains in the same forest. Call them DomainA.company.com and Domainb.company.com. I have 1 front end Exchange server and 7 backend exchange servers. All of these servers are in Domaina except for one. We are eventually going to collapse Domainb. Since these are in the same forest and the same exchange org, can i change the domain membership of the one exchange server? I am nervous about doing this and wanted to check to see if it is possible. My other option is to move the mailboxes to one of the other servers, remove exchange from the domainb serv...

Report to Filter on Next Date Per File
I have a docketing report which reports any action due for a particular file. Theses actions are future dates. A file can have multiple actions due. For example: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Action 6/9/2010 Payment Due Action 12/10/2010 Status Check File CYO4457 Action 3/1/2011 Letter re Exam Action 6/4/2011 Annuity Due I need to write a report which will only give me the next action due. Using my example the output would be like the following: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Fil...

Domain name not always needed to log into OWA?

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

filtering the graphs
Hello, here is the issue. This is important for me. I have the graph object in Report that have row source from query. Query have fields A, B, C while graph only uses A and B. Now here comes the problem, I want to dynamically filter records using field C. When I apply filter in open.report where clause it does not work here. How can I bypass it? Thanx m ...

Server Policy?
Hi all, I have a spam filter in place from Symantec, which will modify the subject line of the message. Is it possible to create a "global server rule" that basically says if the subject line = 'X' then move the message to a public folder, and not deliver the message to the original recipient? Hmmm - I cant believe I am the only person who would like this...and no replies... Can anyone help on this matter? "Jerry Dubuke" <jdubuke@not.gpdservices.com> wrote in message news:Ori$MydbFHA.3032@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > I have a spam filter in p...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

How can we use 2 domains?
We redistered 2 domains 1. xyz1.com 2. xyz2.com On one office we are using xyz1.com with win2003 server. xyz is working fine. We have 2nd office on different location can we use same machine for 2nd domain name? On 26 Mar 2007 01:35:23 -0700, "@smi" <imaasim@gmail.com> wrote: >We redistered 2 domains >1. xyz1.com >2. xyz2.com >On one office we are using xyz1.com with win2003 server. xyz is >working fine. >We have 2nd office on different location can we use same machine for >2nd domain name? http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=recipient+policies&a...

Recipient Filtering
Good Day All, Okay, let me say what I want first. I would like to have an area within IMF to enter the e-mail addresses that I would like IMF not to filter. Meaning any e-mails coming from that address should not be filtered. Is that possible? I thought that the Recipient Filtering was the option for this, but its just for addresses that you don't want to get e-mails. Thanks. You can do this, although you need a hotfix to be able to make the registry changes: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=912587 Todd "Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@itbetterbelifeordeath-gmail.com&g...

Disabling the Junk Mail filter
Does anyone know if/how the Junk Mail filter in Outlook 2003 can be completely and permanently disabled. We run a subscribed anti-spam service at mail server level and the client filter is creating false positives all the time and causing much unrest amongst my users! I've tried setting the filter to no automatic filtering, but this doesn't seem to stop things redirecting to the junk mail (backup notifications originating from backup exec are consistently hitting the junk mail folder despite having been added to all safe sender and recipient lists). This trivial issue is drivin...

OWA with multiple domains access
Hello ALL: What am i missing in configuring 2003 OWA with multiple domains access for FE/BE configuration running Exchange 2003 Ent. server? It is not working....please help! I've create new HTTP virtual server for 2 new domains on both FE/BE using: Exchange System Manager -> Created new HTTP virtual server .. using unique headers to start IIS6.0 services .. select/enter domain > exchange path > mailboxes for SMTP domain .. wide open Access Control and Execute permissions (wait for new Virtual server to register in IIS6.0) and performed the following on both FE/BE. .. wide...

I am having a repaint problem with a child dialog
I've create a dialog window which is member of the CView class, I have then Created a second dialog window which is a Child of the first dialog. On the OnDraw method of the CView class I position the first Dialog relative to the main window using MoveWindow and position the second dialog to somewhere on the first dialog (I have also tried SetWindowPos). I then draw something onto the second dialog. What happens is the dialog box appears but the drawing does not, it only appears if you drag something across it or move it off the screen and back again. When you re-size the window ...

Exchange 2003 event sink to alert via email when email is sent to a particular domain?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in writing a exchange 2003 event sink which will send an email alert/or write to a file when a email is sent to a particular domain? Any help would be appreciated. Matthew You should post this kind of question in the development newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <matthew@millers.id.au> wrote in message news:1163600143.175377.165030@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction i...

multiple filter's...
I am building a quotation spreadsheet and i would like to know if it's possible when i use the filter function can i put the info on another page or somewhere else on the same page separate from the drop box?? the reason being i have multiple catagories of info on the same row to make it visual friendly, entering the info below the drop box i don't think could work since the different filters would vary in the amount of lines. But filtering is new to me and i'm not completely familiar with it's limitations. thanks in advance. Hi have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xladv...

OWA logon without domain name
Is there a way to set up the OWA logon so that users can either type "domain\username" or type "username" to log on? We used KB article 903942 and Forms-Based Authentication to allow users to log on simply as "username" -- but people who had already been trained to enter "domain\username" are then blocked. Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance. Ron Proschan ...

Spam Domain Blocking
Through junk email filtering you can block a domain. But how can one block a subdomain - for example how can I block any email which comes from username@subdomain.domain.com, when the spam senders constantly change the subdomain? Where the filter 'name' is constantly changing you will have to use some other method. e.g. subject/message text, or from contains, though no good if yahoo.com and you wish to receive some of this. Or try one of the spam blocker apps, eg www.cloudmark.net David "Pier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19972491-5C78-4...

Date Filter
Hi All, I want to Filter Date from 01.10.2009 to 30.10.2009. How? Regards Rao Ratan Singh Data > Filter > AutoFilter > Custom > value is greater than 40086 and value is less than 40017 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Rao Ratan Singh" wrote: > Hi All, > I want to Filter Date from 01.10.2009 to 30.10.2009. How? > > Regards > > Rao Ratan Singh Correction: Data > Filter > AutoFilter > Custom > value is greater than 40086 and value is less than 40117 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 &qu...

Filter records not meeting criteria
Hi all, I have a table of training records, and I want to run a query to filter out a list of staff, from a staff table, which indicates those who haven't completed a particular course. TblStaff and TblTraining both have [EmployeeNumber] field relationship. TblTraining has [CourseCode], CourseDesc] fields example 363, Fire Training I want a list of staff from TblStaff who haven't completed their fire training in the last 9 months... Hope that makes sense! thanks in anticipation and cheers DubboPete Use a subquery, Pete. Example in: Subquery Basics: Identifying what is NO...

Password Policies
Is there an administrative way to enforce password policies within Great Plains 8.0? I'm thinking of rules that require users to change their password every 90 days and use alpha and numeric characters etc... I haven't run accross anything. Thanks. Kevin Check with Winthrop Development (www.winthropdc.com) on their Omni Password product. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Kevin R" wrote: > Is there an administrative way to enforce password policies within Great > Plains 8.0? I'm thinking of rules that require users to change their > password every 90 day...

host unreachable on some domains
My exchange 5.5 (sp4) server on NT4.0 (sp6) was receiving and sending mails. Without change anything on it, the server failed to send mails to two domains (...so far). Inbound mail from internet works fine. Local recipient send and receive are fine. All emails to other domains has no problem. I've done NSlook up test to those queuing mail destinations, no problem. My server is not blacklisted. Port 25 is not using by other applications. Sendinhg email out by command line works. In the queue, Messages awaiting to be delivered, detail of the mail says, "Host unreachable"....