Recipient policy applied to a specific OU

Hi,

Is there a way to apply a recipient policy to a specific OU. for example :

OU abc contains users with SMTP address xxx.com and OU xyz contains users
with SMTP yyyy.com.
Is it possible with recipient policy to do that ? I didn't find a query to
resolve my problem.

Thanks !
0
Fred1060 (110)

Not according to http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296112

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to apply a recipient policy to a specific OU. for example :
>
> OU abc contains users with SMTP address xxx.com and OU xyz contains users
> with SMTP yyyy.com.
> Is it possible with recipient policy to do that ? I didn't find a query to
> resolve my problem.
>
> Thanks !

0
neil.hobson (1158)

How to create an email retention policy
Hello everyone, Now I might be being silly but I can not find how to create a email retention policy for peoples Inboex. I have found how to create it for a public storage group. But if someone could point me at some information on how to create an email retention policy for Exchange Server 2000 that would be great. Thanks again Tim Wallace Try this link, scroll down to where it says Figure 9-8 "Tim Wallace" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > Now I might be being silly but I can not find how to create a email > retention policy for peoples Inboex. I have found ho...

Apply Rule 02-07-06
The Apply Rule menu option is available in the More Actions menu. Is there an easy way to add this as a button (e.g. next to the "Merge..." button)? My guess is that this can be done using the ISV.config file - however I need the url to call this menu option (e.g. something like /_grid/cmds/dlg_applyrule.aspx iObjType=1...). Any one know what the magic formula is? By the way, this has a practical use beyond just making "one less click" for the users. That is, there are some screens where the Apply Rule option does not appear (e.g. custom entities) and I assume that this s...

Apply this internet pack from Microsoft Corp.
--xmrhrvzdtwgpomxm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zcebkmqbnsvsska"; type="multipart/alternative" --zcebkmqbnsvsska Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wezagujzw" --wezagujzw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Domain Group policy does not work on W7 64 bits
Hi! I have defined logon message via domain group policy (win2008 level domain.) Now i do not need that message any more so I defined that policy as "Not defined". It workéd fine with W7 32 bits( no logon message any more) but not with W7 64 bits. What could be the problem with 64 bit version of W7 and group policy and how to solve it? I am not going to raise domain level as 2008r2 soon. Best Regards, Esa Haajanen Hello Esa, Are the 64bit machines in the same OU, which setting does it show with rsop.msc? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer:...

Microsoft Money support Policy
I find this statement regarding Email Support curious: "Unlimited support requests are included at no charge "All additional support requests are $35.00 US per request or use an existing Software Assurance Agreement or contract. Some support issues may not be covered under the listed charge." I sure hope I never need more than *unlimited* support :-)) --ron On 2006-11-14, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote: > I sure hope I never need more than *unlimited* support :-)) :) (support needs) = 1/(product value) As the product value approaches zero... :) ...

Apply the critical package
--onawvbrhx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dvnrdzpejkl"; type="multipart/alternative" --dvnrdzpejkl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sbnqglqc" --sbnqglqc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your compu...

force UPN suffix based on OU
is there a way to force a UPN suffix to new accounts created in a particular OU? Fairly certain there isn't - you would have to change it manually when creating the account or insert it when creating the account if it's a scripted process. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "davo12345" <muppet_66@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1165871526.653985.10070@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > is there a way to force a UPN suffix to new accounts created in a ...

Macro from cell specific to whole column
Hello All, I have recorded the following macro... ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RIGHT(RC[-3],1)" Range("O286").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-1]=""-"",(LEFT(RC[-4],15)*-1),RC[-4])" that basically takes a text stored number such as 100.54- to -100.54. What I want to do is make this auto fill for the entire column. How should rewrite it? -- Thanks for all of the help. It is much appreciated!!!! On May 26, 5:06=A0am, Bean Counter <BeanCoun...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello All, > ...

recipent policies to apply to an OU
Hi could someone pls help me? I have an OU called TEST and i would like to apply a recipent policy to this OU to change the default SMTP address. Could someone pls point me in the right direction? Now i've tired to create a custom policy and edit the filter rules to search for an OU called test - then obvisouly add in the required email address. Could someone pls help? many thanks. Will You can't use an OU as the filter for a recipient policy. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296112 You'll need to find something else to use for your filter. -- Be...

help with Applying nested Loops
i have small query with the looping thing . i have data something like this . i need to write a nested loops to apply Formula and autofil methods in these specific cells . can you please help me out in writing the code . I have Products and Year in two different rng variable (RngProducts,RngYear). need vba code lo loop thru the cells and apply formula . if i apply the formula then in the next column i need to autofill method A B C D E F G Products Year1 Year2 Year3 Year4 Year5 Year6 1 frmla autofilll---...

Applying Numbers to tickets, 2 sides. Is there a way to do it
I belong to a non-profit club which from time to time I make some raffle tickets (2 parts) Is it possible with publisher to number both sides of the tickets. The sheet prints roughtly 8 a page, and what I would lik eis the first ticket to print 001 on one side of the split ticket, and 001 on the other side. then number the 2nd one 002 and so on and so forth in numerical order till it is done? Thanks Bruce If the ticket number is on the front, you can insert the field twice, once on the left and the same on the right. If you plan to insert the number on the back you will need to s...

setting AD policy for opening hyperlinked files in Outlook?
I'm wondering if it is possible to set up an AD policy to forego the "open with/save as" dialogue box which pops up when clicking on a hyperlink in an email, and simply open the hyperlinked file in its appropriate program. I want to be able to do this for emails sent from a *particular* user, not for all emails. I haven't discovered anything in policies for this so far, does anyone know if it's possible? ...

Apply filter to sub form when main form is filtered
I have a form with customer information called "customer", it has two sub forms with there transactions that is filtered by default to remove inactive transactions, i also have a customer list form, and when i double click on a customer it opens the customer form with a filter to this customer, but when the customer form opens the two sub forms are not filtered, and the filter command on the bottom of the sub form is disabled. I would also rather like that the customer form shouldn't be filtered it should just go to the specified record. i tried a few way but i can't get out ...

Limit the number of recipients only during certain hours?
I know we can set the max number of recipients for a message, but is there any way to set this between 8:00am and 6:00pm? We have users who on occasion need to send messages to a few hundred people, and I can't convince them to do so of hours only. I think eliminating their ability to do so during business hours might do the trick. Is there a way to do this? Alternately, it would also work if exchange would just hold messages like that till of hours. Any way to make that happen? Thanks! Mick This can be done through customized SMTP Event Sinks. Pardeep Singh Sr. Systems Engineer, I...

provider mail recipient limit
Hi! I have outlook xp (2002) and want to send a mail to 300 friends. My provider has a recipient limit of 20. Is there a possibility to send with one mail to my 300 recipients? Is there a trick? Is there a software available for that? Who has an idea? Hubert Mayr wrote: > Hi! > > I have outlook xp (2002) and want to send a mail to 300 friends. My > provider has a recipient limit of 20. > Is there a possibility to send with one mail to my 300 recipients? Is > there a trick? Is there a software available for that? > Who has an idea? 300 "friends"? Not likely....

receiving NDR from a specific domains
Hi, I'm receiving an NDR when sending emails to some recipients. Example, from outlook, connecting to our Exchange 5.5 server, if I send a message to the following address "sample@philips.com", I get an error message from the System Administrator: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 04/10/2004 14:39 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: sample@philips.com on 04/10/2004 14:40 The recipient name is not recognized But sending a mail to the same mailbox from yahoo mail or hotmail does not have...

Showing a specific value against a normal curve
I'm wondering if it's possible to show a specific data point against a normal curve. I would like to be able to show where, for example, a particular test score would fall on the curve of all test scores. Suggestions please? Draw a normal curve, then add a 2nd series that represents the z-value for the test score of interest. To draw a normal curve: Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/ To add a vertical line, adapt the ideas for drawing a horizontal line Adding a horizontal line to a chart http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_...

Apply transaction logs
Hi, Does anyone have good DOCs about applying transaction logs after restoring full DB backup? Thanks, Logs should be there before you start restore. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRestore.asp Joe wrote: > Hi, > Does anyone have good DOCs about applying transaction > logs after restoring full DB backup? > > Thanks, Here is a link to the Exchange Server web site. You will wind disaster recovery guides for each version of Exchange. http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&qu=disaster+recove...

Send To/Mail Recipient, Send button does not work.
I am stumped. I am using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Pro machine. When I right-click a file and select "send to - mail recipient", everything functions normally. A message window pops up with the file I right-clicked attached and a breif message automatically inserted in the body of the e-mail. However, when I add any valid e-mail address and click send, nothing happens. When I hover the mouse over the send button, it highlights like it should, and when I click it, it depresses like it shoud, but nothing happens. The window stays open, and the message never gets sent. Sending a mess...

"Tab Order for Specific Fields"
Is there a way to select specific fields, that once an item is entered in that specific field it would select a another specific field? I hope this make sense. Thanks Hi Bernardo, You can affect the way the tab key works by - Preselecting your range (single or multiple areas) of cells - Protecting cells you don't want the user to move to - Event Change macro Worksheet_SelectionChange to prevent entry in certain columns (#ws_sc2) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#ws_sc2 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages:...

Report(s) exported to specific excel sheets
I want to be able to define a specific sheet/tab should receive the report information. I have a 30+ legal entity report with detail and would like 30+ tabs, one for each legal entity. I can make a report for each legal entity if needed but can not identify how to specify a sheet to use in excel. ...

Quota messages not received by recipients
Hi, we have the quotas set up on our Exchange Server 2003 to send out a warning at 256 MB, however the users are not receiving these messages. I have users who are well over the 256 MB warning limit, and they have not received any system messages advising them of this. I have installed the Outlook client on the server (it wasn't installed before), but the messages are still not going through. Any ideas, or do you need any additional information? you should never install Outlook on an Exchange server...to find out why your warning messages are not being sent, first look at the &quo...

Applying a vlookup formula to an entire column
Hello. I've got a 3000 column spreadsheet where I'm trying to match fields from an existing set of informationl. =VLOOKUP(A2,F2:I1997,2,FALSE) Above is the formula I'm using to search an existing section of information (F2:I1997) and comparing it to information in column A. I want my results to show up in column b. When I let Excel autofill the formula, It changes my table_array (F2:I1997) as well as my lookup_value (A2). How do I change it so that it just changes the lookup_value as it goes down without reentering it 3000 times? Thanks for the help. Dio. use absolutes for yo...

Outlook 2002 / XP: Colour messages with a specific header
I am trying to colorize messages that have a specific text in the email header. This feature is commonly found in Autoformat settings, but I cannot seem to add the feature of looking at headers!! Any rule or macro or steps to change settings to achive this would be appreciated. Also, would appreciate any url with additional info on the same. TIA -=KoolPal=- Got the answer: 1. Create a rule to categorise the email. 2. Use Automatic formatting to color the messages!! Simple. Doh! yourkoolpal@yahoo.com (Kool Pal) wrote in message news:<8889c0fa.0308260338.28b6581@posting.google.com>...

How to assign 2 email domains to a user without using recipient po
We have some unique users in our environment who require a secondary email domain address other than what everybody else uses. For example everybody uses @xyz.org as the email address suffix, but we would also like to see if it is possible to assign a secondary email address domain (@abc.org) to a small number of users without adding abc.org in the recipient policy, so that these users can recieve emails addressed to either domain suffix in their mailbox. In this case, if this is possible we would add the other email address in the users's email address tab in ESM. By the way this w...