recipient policy #8

Exchange 2003 sp2 - one org - two administrative groups.  we have a
recipient policy created with xxx.com set as the primary.  No problems with
any mail being sent.  On the first admin group another site/server was
added - now this server resides in canada and the admin there wants to keep
everything seperate from my US site but he resides in my administrative
group.  He set a recipient policy that contained the xxx.com but set his
ABC.com as the primary.  I argued with him that he did not need the xxx.com
since it was already there, but he did it anyway because he figured he will
be setting up a seperate internet connection and would need it for that (?).
He also said that his policy had a filter on it that it would only apply to
his site.  Well - once applied, it totally stopped all outbound mail with a
looping error.   Once we removed the xxx.com from HIS policy, all was ok.
Now - I have 2 questions and I hope I explained enough to get some help -
1 - why would that happen, unless his filter was wrong
2 - how do we fix that so when he creates his internet connection his stuff
goes in/out it and not mine.
I might add that our email addresses are a bit confusing because the xxx.com
is really a forwarder to xyz.com - outbound mail must has the reply address
of xxx.com but when sent to that address, it is forwarded to xyz.com.
Don't know if anyone can help here - but before I spend the $ on MS thought
I would try you guys.  Thanks in advance.

Nancy Stevens
NStevens@tycoint.com

0
nstevens (97)

Can you provide some more info.

The creation of the second policy should not have caused a failure even if
it was wrong. Did it create duplicate addresses for xxx.com or did it just
modify add the abc.com address and make it primary?

Can you explain where your MX records point to and how the forwarding is
handled for xyz.com.

Can you also explain your AD infrastructure.

Nue
"Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2003 sp2 - one org - two administrative groups.  we have a
> recipient policy created with xxx.com set as the primary.  No problems
> with any mail being sent.  On the first admin group another site/server
> was added - now this server resides in canada and the admin there wants to
> keep everything seperate from my US site but he resides in my
> administrative group.  He set a recipient policy that contained the
> xxx.com but set his ABC.com as the primary.  I argued with him that he did
> not need the xxx.com since it was already there, but he did it anyway
> because he figured he will be setting up a seperate internet connection
> and would need it for that (?). He also said that his policy had a filter
> on it that it would only apply to his site.  Well - once applied, it
> totally stopped all outbound mail with a looping error.   Once we removed
> the xxx.com from HIS policy, all was ok. Now - I have 2 questions and I
> hope I explained enough to get some help -
> 1 - why would that happen, unless his filter was wrong
> 2 - how do we fix that so when he creates his internet connection his
> stuff goes in/out it and not mine.
> I might add that our email addresses are a bit confusing because the
> xxx.com is really a forwarder to xyz.com - outbound mail must has the
> reply address of xxx.com but when sent to that address, it is forwarded to
> xyz.com.
> Don't know if anyone can help here - but before I spend the $ on MS
> thought I would try you guys.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Nancy Stevens
> NStevens@tycoint.com

0
imaneophyte (3004)

email form recipients
I need to display the recipients email address on the email form after the user selects the to,cc,bcc fields. any help would be appreciated. ...

Read recipients not being sent in Outlook 2000
Hello All, I have a client who recently switched from using Exchange 5.5 to a simple POP3 email server. Since then his Outbox has been showing read receipts that are not being sent. I've checked all his settings and Outlook is configured to automatically send all read receipts when connected to the internet, which is all the time as he has a broadband connection. There is no longer a reference in his Outlook configuration for the Exchange server. I've Googled this issue but have come up dry. Can anyone provide some insight as to why these are being held? Oh, inbound and outboun...

Prevent Recipient From Forwarding Msg
How can I set a permission that will not allow a recipient of my email to forward? In Outlook 2003 you can use feature that prevent recipient to forward your mail or print your mail out >-----Original Message----- >How can I set a permission that will not allow a recipient >of my email to forward? >. > punsor@online.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 you can use feature that prevent recipient > to forward your mail or print your mail out And that will be obeyed only if they, too, are using OL 2003. Another Email pro...

Integrating CRM 3.0 and GP 8.0 through econnect
Does anybody know how to extract service item info from GP 8.0 to CRM 3.0 using e-connect? ...

Recipies of South INDIA
If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please visit http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/ Now THAT is spam I can sink my teeth into! "Santhosh" <P.G.Aravindh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:261089c2-09c9-4fb9-93b7-e6944ab3918a@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > If you want to know how to make delicious South Indian foods please > visit > > http://recipesoftamilnadu.blogspot.com/ I dont think you would want to though. It can be hard on you. --- Ajay "Mark Salsbery [MVP]" <MarkSalsbery[MVP]@newsgroup.nospam> w...

custom recipient oddity in Exchange 5.5
we have Exchange 5.5 sp4, clients range from Outlook 2000 to Outlook2003. The problem we are experiencing is that sometimes when a user sends e-mail to a custom recipient, the user receives a NDR saying: "The following recipient could not be reached: user's mailbox display name on 6/27/2006 xx:xx AM The recipient name is not recognized" follows by a message ID and server name The custom recipient is created correctly and this does not happen all the time. It seems to happen only on Outlook 2003 client. Resending the mail usually goes right through. If I go to message tr...

Problem with group policy applying "Default location for PST files"
I'm trying to set the default location for PST files to a drive letter with a group policy: (User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 -> Miscellaneous -> PST Settings -> Default Location for PST files) However, it doesn't appear that the policy ever applies to the user. I can run rsop.msc on the client machine and it has the correct setting but when I open Outlook to view the setting it has not changed. Any ideas? Thanks. You realize that policy doesn't affect any existing .pst files? What it = does do is change ...

Deploying SP3 via group policy
Hi everyone. Does anyone know if it is possible to deploy GP9 Service Pack 3 (we're actually deploying the Canadian Year-End Tax update, but it includes SP3) via Group Policy? Microsoft has instructions for deploying the base install of GP9 via Group Policy, but I haven't been able to find any information regarding the updates. If possible, we'd like to avoid touching every machine for this update. Thanks! tools - setup - system - client updates. "Jason Josephson" wrote: > Hi everyone. Does anyone know if it is possible to deploy GP9 Service Pack 3 > (w...

I'm having a problem saving password/username in Internet Explorer 8
Hi all, I'm having a problem saving password/username in Internet Explorer 8. I've gone into "Tools", "Internet options","Content" and under "Auto Complete" everything is checked off as they should be in boxes username and password. But it will not save the user name or the password when I go into that particular webpage. Albert amlazon@Hotmail.com (use s instead of z to e-mail me) "Albert" <amlazon@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:inrag5pn5ocl708ceja31mdbc5tv8egm4q@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > I'...

DEMO for GP 8 or 9
Microsoft Great Plains does not have demo's for either of these products...has anyone out there created their own demo to send out to customers. Or, can anyone suggest where I can obtain a demo. My plan is to send prospective clients an overall and financial demo of GP before I go out to make a sales/consulting visit. What if the prospect needs intercompany in Bank Rec and Receivables? What if the prospect wants Positive Pay or EFT? I think there's harm in having a generic demo unless it's targeted to a specific type of industry. -- Charles Allen, MVP "LittleR...

Econnect 8.0 tax in reception purchase Error (TAXAMNT + FRTTXAMT
I want To enter a reception purchase from an order of purchase but when handling taxes send to error story to me with Econnect 8.0.4, the rare thing is that the order of purchase the entrance also with taxes and if happens and the mada reception the following error: rocedure taPopRcptHdrInsert Error Number = 843 Error Description = Tax detail amount (TAXAMNT + FRTTXAMT + MSCTXAMT) does not match the header tax amount where the XML that I am using is the following one <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <eConnect xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XM...

OWA #8
Anybody know why when you close the browser (using the close button) after logging off of OWA it does not close all the windows (i.e. the message you have open)? ...

Gp 8
Hello all, We are looking at moving from Gp 8 to Gp 10. We need to go from one server to another and the server needs to be same name and IP. I looked but did not find any docs as of yet.. Or better still anyone who is done this already On Mar 6, 11:05=A0am, Brian <nixtoo...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, We are looking at moving from Gp 8 to Gp 10. =A0We need to go > from one server to another and the server needs to be same name and IP. > I looked but did not find any docs as of yet.. Or better still anyone > who is done this already Hi Brian I have just completed ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Currencies=C2=B4_change?=
I´ve a loan in a japanese yens, but I live in euroland, so money in the account list tells me that I owe in japanese yens and in the botton line that I owe in euros. But, Ihey don´t fix If you are using today´s or yesterday´s change Why? ...

Time Format #8
When I type 1315 I'd like for it to show as 13:15. What is the solution? Hi not possible with VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CB wrote: > When I type 1315 I'd like for it to show as > 13:15. What is the solution? Check out this web page of Chip Pearson's: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------...

recipients receiving multiple messages
Problem: when there is a bad e-mail address in a group, Outlook 2002 continues to send multiple copies of the msg to all people in the group. Sometimes people receive 15 or more of the same message. Ideally I would like Outlook to just either give me a failed send or don't continue trying. Acct's are pop accounts going through an external mail server. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... Jeff ...

Mailbox Manager Recipient Policy issue
I'm running into an issue when trying to create a new recipient policy for Mailbox Manager. I have a single email address in my organization where all of our spam is dumped. I want to create a policy that cleans out this mailbox on a regular interval. I've been succesful in creating a policy that does what I want it to do, but it runs on every single mailbox on this particular server. I've modified the LDAP query several times in an attempt to have Mailbox Manager run on this single mailbox, but no matter what I try it still tells me it will delete items from all mailboxes...

count #8
On a worksheet i have column that contains the length of service (in monnths ) of each of my employees. I want to a formulae that will segregate them into sertain groups e.g 0-7, and count how many of each group i have. I have tired using the countif and sum functions, but to no avail. could someone please give me some direction? lots of thanks colin Take a look at =frequency() in excel's help. I think that'll do what you want. Colin Matchett wrote: > > On a worksheet i have column that contains the length of > service (in monnths ) of each of my employees. I wa...

3/8 In Drive Tuff 1® Ratchet Set
Price:$78.95 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000I1SV0W Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000I1SV0W 3/8 In Drive Tuff 1® Ratchet Set - 2 Piece 72 tooth head design delivers a short 5deg stroke for use in tight areas. 17 teeth engage when torque is applied to provide a strong grip without slippage. Thumb falls naturally into position, giving instant control with one hand. 2 Piece Set Includes: 3/8" Drive - 10.3" Tuff 1® Reversible Ratchet 10.9" Tuff 1® Bent Handle Flex Head Ratchet Packaged in a tray. ...

Forwarding mail to external recipient
Hi All, Running SBS 2003 Prem. We have associates that do not actually work at our branch, but need to have email sent to them at our facility and then bounced to their external email site. I need to know how to create a custom account for them and then how to forward that mail to their external email site. We were able to do it with Exch 5.5 by creating a mailbox first and then creating a custom recipient and configuring it to bounce to the external site. I really don't want to have to create an actual user for them and use up a cal. I hope someone can help me out. ...

Mail merge #8
I have created a 19.2 mb 8 page newsletter. I want Kinkos to print it so that each newsletter copy is printed with an addressee on the front page. That means I have to do a mail merge. When I select "print to Kinkos file prep tool" it takes about 1 minute per copy and I have 300 addressees to mail to. That means 5 hours and probably will run out of memory or so says Kinkos pro. Kinkos says that I can also just take the mail list which is an MDB file and send it to them as a PDF file which I don't think can be done. Anyone out there who has been through this? Thanks, Jeff ...

I have a user who is not able to send e-mail, she gets the following message: skeeter@aaahawk.com on 1/30/2006 9:46 AM You do not have permission t osend to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=ORG/DC=PEOPLESCU:PCCU-MAIL and another user that gets the following message: danny.castro@us.army.net on ... You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <pccu-mail.PEOPLESCU.ORG #5.7.1 smtp;530 5.7.1 Authentication required to relay.> I appreciate any ideas on thes...

How to register 8-CD "CRM Sales Advisor" Kit
Hello, I recently registered as an MBS Partner. After discussing the "CRM Sales Advisor" program, MBS sent me an 8-CD CRM Package that was said to be a five-license kit for demonstration purposes. I can't figure out how to register it to get a License Number. I've successfully registered my MS Partner Action Pack CRM Package, but that one came with a usable 25-digit Product Key. THIS SET has no Product Key. Disk One has a yellow sticker that says: "Volume Licensing Customer. To use this product you will need a Business Solutions Registration Key. In order to o...

Recipient receiving duplicate emails
This started suddenly a week ago; someone I email regularly is now receiving two copies of every email I send. This is only happening with this recipient. Is this a problem on my end or theirs, and any suggestions for a fix? Thanks. ...

IE 8 Makes Windows unstable
Once IE 8 was loaded, I started having boot problems and it slowed everything down to a crawl. IE would freeze the computer and I had to Hard power off. The compter had to be booted three times to get a good boot. I uninstalled IE 8 and everything is working smoothly. Is IE 8 incompatable with Windows XP Pro? Or did I get a bad install? No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage (only) is available via telephone (based on your locale) and has been extended until 02 July 2010. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows Vista in a non-domain envi...