Recipient policies don't update mailbox addresses.

Hello,

We have a W2K AD, E2K and a third-party mailsystem. The E2K server is
not authoritive for our e-mail domain and all the AD accounts which are
not mailbox-enabled are mail-enabled.

My company has a new email domain and my problem is that I can't get
the Recipient Policies to stamp the new address on the mailbox-enabled
users.

Our E2K server has two Recipient Policies:
- the Default policy, filtering on (mailnickname=*), with a primary
SMTP address %g.%s@localhost and a secondary smtp address
%g.%s@ourdomain.com, with Lowest priority;
- a Custom Policy, filtering on
(&(mailNickname=*)(legacyExchangeDN=/O=OurOldNtDomain/OU=OurOldEx55Site/*)),
with a primary SMTP address of %g.%s@ourdomain.com, with Highest
priority.

I've added the new address to both policies and applied them, setting
the new address as the Primary SMTP Address in the Custom Policy above.

Any ideas? I can't see anything in the Event Viewer on the E2K server.

Our company has different teams for administering AD and Exchange, so
I'm worried that the permissions have not been set correctly.

Thanks in advance.

- Alan.

Just found the problem. The 3 default Exchange groups had been moved
from the default Users container to somewhere else. The System
Attendant couldn't find them. Moved them back, waited for AD to
replicate and the policies were applied correctly.

Thanks anyway.

Contact Email Addresses & IMCEAEX format?
Greetings, We've recently renamed many email addresses on our exchange server. Now, contacts created off the old email addresses need to be updated. Using ADO to get a CDO.Person object in VB.Net, I can see the Person.Email1 field. It currently has the following value: (I hope this will post the formatting correctly) "me@here.com" <IMCEAEX-_o=STUFF1_ou=STUFF2_cn=Recipients_cn=me@newhere.com> I want it to have the following value: "me@newhere.com" <IMCEAEX-_o=STUFF1_ou=STUFF2_cn=Recipients_cn=me@newhere.com> Unfortunately, it won't save that value. ...

Sharing email addresses
Is there an easier way to share email addresses with someone in your office. We are on exchange 2003 and use outlook 2003. Create a distribution list. Find all the people in your contact list that you need. Add them to a distribution list. Move the distribution list to a public folder - contact share list and then have that person get them from there. Is there an easier or quicker way? Thanks Mark <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there an easier way to share email addresses with someone in your > office. We are on exchange 2003 and use outlook 2003. > > Cr...

SMTP email address not created
We are running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 and we have just switched over to a new Domain Controller. Since we did that, when we create a new user within Active Directory (whether on the DC or the Exchange Server)their email address is not created. Everything else is working correctly, prior to removing our old domain controller email addresses were created fine. Is their an option or a setting that I have missed? In ESM go to Recipients-Recipient Update Service. In the right pane what Domain Controller is selected? If its your old DC, right click both RUS Services and selec...

Exchange e-mail address attributes?
Hi! :-) I'm writing a script to find all a users e-mail addresses (to get rid of old sub domains) but I'm not sure I'm looking in all the available attributes... A list of these would be perfect! I'm also interested in updated lists of ad and exchange attributes. I've got some xls files but they're old and only have text descriptions of very few of the attributes. Thanks a million!!! :-) /Sofia The main mail attributes for exchange are mail targetaddress proxyaddresses If you don't actually need a script, but just need a list of smtp addresses try this ...

users default smtp email address
I have a user in an Exchange 2003 organization that has two email addresses. The organization is setup with one recipient policy. All users emails are in the form of username@department.college.edu. This users email address needs to be displayed as firstname.lastname@college.edu, shich is his secondary email address. When I change his email address to firstname.lastname@college.edu in active directory and have him send an email, his name dispays correctly, but then immediately reverts back to username@department.college.edu. I cannot figure out how to get his email address to change or...

Can not reset admin password under safe mode due to password policy?
Hi, all. I'll have to log into the default administrator account, because I can not do anything under the current standard user account status. I went to the safe mode, and tried to log into the admin account, but the password is forgotten. I built the reset password USB disk under the account before. Now I follow the instructions for resetting the password. However, the window popped up, and it said "ineffective password, the password length is too short, or ca not conform to the password policy. I've tried passwords of different lengths, such as 3,6,8,16, 20. All tempt...

Outlook 2003 mailbox sharing
I shared my entire mailbox including subfolders with 2 colleagues as an interim before getting a joint email account. Now I have the joint account, I want to revoke sharing permission for my mailbox. I can't seem to reverse the process I did to share it as right-clicking the mailbox, inbox or any subfolder, and selecting Properties or Sharing... brings up dialogues which lack the tick-list of share-ees! How do I access the list of colleagues and demote them from their current access privileges? ...

Are Updates dangerous!
I have win xp pro sp3 I lived in a remote area without internet access so never did any updates other than the service packs, no internet no threats :-) I now have broadband and am fully up to date with all Microsoft updates. However this latest problem with KB977165 has really scared me. I am not too happy about using the recovery tool and how would I have found out the solution anyway without a pc to access the Internet? ( I am still in a remote area with no other pc's around ) So I have a couple of questions for the experts here. Firstly, why did my update install p...

Failed Windows Update
All attempts to update Windows XP are failing. Error message 0x8007F0DA . Last successful update was KB890830, but KB972270 on same date failed. -- msimona ------------------------------------------------------------------------ msimona's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/179367.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1297491.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Cannot update to 12.1.1
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel After downloading the 12.1.1 Update and going through the installation I get to a window saying something like: "Preparing Office 2008 12.1.1 Update -- executing installer script of Quit Microsoft Applications" and the whole process stops with the blue bar advanced by 1 mm. To exit the installer I have to use Force Quit. Thanks <fbfb@officeformac.com> wrote: > After downloading the 12.1.1 Update and going through the installation I > get to a window saying something like: "Preparing Office 20...

Updating Links within Workbook
Okay, so I've copied and pasted links within a large workbook (19MB), across several worksheets within the workbook. My pasted links are not updating whenever I change the values in the original cell. I press F9, nothing. Go up to calculate now, nothing. Close and re- open the file, nothing. The only thing that seems to work is to click in link cell (as if to edit it), and then press enter. This is really cumbersom for the 200+ cells that I would have to do that to. How can I make excel re- update ALL of the links and calculate ALL of the cells in a workbook (Excel 2002), re...

SBS2008
Have a customer who has a telephone system that uses an IMAP connectionj to the users Inbox to pick up voicemails. Since upgrading from Exchange 2003 (SBS2003) to Exchange 2007 (SBS2008) this has stopped working. Users userrnames and passwords are still the same. I've setup Outlook to make an IMAP connection to their mailbox but this doesn't appear to work, I guess this is why their telephone can't logon either. I just get a box come up prompting for a username and password ?? Is their more to it in Exchange 2007 than just doing the regular Outlook IMAP set...

Mcafee Security Suite and Outlook Address Book
I recently installed McAfee's Internet Security Suite 6.0 and have now lost all my contacts in Outlook's address book. Is there any way to retrieve them. McAfee gave no instructions to export the file prior to installation and hence it is not visibly saved for importing. I am operating on the XP platform. Any ideas? Click on your contacts folder in your folder list - are the items still there? If so, right-click, properties, outlook address book, and tick the box. Willie wrote: > I recently installed McAfee's Internet Security Suite 6.0 > and have now lost all my ...

Money Plus Annual Update?
There was an article over the weekend in the Cleveland, OH newspaper that reviewed the financial software offerings and said that there would be no further annual updated from Microsoft Money, thus Money + is that last version. Is this correct? Has Microsoft abandoned us? We noticed that our version of Money+ was purchased in August, 2007 but apparently nothing since. There will not be a "formal" annual version but around the time of update timeouts I expect to see what I will call from want of a better description, Service Packs. So if there is any added functionality then...

email address withour hyperlink
How can I enter an email address into an Excel spreadsheet and stop it becoming automatically hyperlinked? Robin Chapple See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html In article <c5rm639fr11587l6jpng8iq9bkkgdr5qdq@4ax.com>, Robin Chapple <robinski@westnet.com.au> wrote: > How can I enter an email address into an Excel spreadsheet and stop > it becoming automatically hyperlinked? > > Robin Chapple Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. Uncheck "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Su...

undisclosed recipients
Hi I found out that "When you use a distribution list, the names of all the people on the distribution list will appear in the To field of everyone's message." Is there a way to mail to "undisclosed recipients", so recipients can't see everyone else's emailadress? ...TheCow ...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

I tried to install updates but one or more didn't get installed
I tried to install updates but one or more didn't get installed I am getting error code( display) 00000646 I tried so many time but still there is problem with installing updates aftab wrote: > I tried to install updates but one or more didn't get installed > I am getting error code( display) 00000646 > I tried so many time but still there is problem with installing > updates When did you first install your Windows 98 machine? *grin* -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html...

control mailbox limits with GPO
Is there a way to set mailbox size limits using GPO. I have a group of graphic artists that I need to clamp down on :-) Thanks! Stan What version of Exchange are you using? If you are using Exchange 2k or 2k3, then I would recommend that your create a new mailbox store within your existing storage group. Move the specific users from your current mailbox store to the new store. Put the limits on the new mailbox store. I believe that you can have up to 4 Storage Groups with 5 Mailbox Stores per group (or vice versa). Either way, that would be your best option. I do not know of a way ...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

How to move a mailbox
How do I move a mailbox to another user in active directory? Ensure that you have mailbox retention set on the properties of the mailbox store limits tab. Then right click on the user that it is currently attached to and choose Exchange tasks. Then choose to remove Exchange attributes. Go to the mailbox store->mailboxes and right click and run the cleanup agent. The mailbox will then show up with a red 'X' on it. You can then right click on that mailbox and choose to reconnect. Reconnect the mailbox to the new user. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hir...

POP3 Connector undisclosed recipients
Hello, I have a problem with POP3 Connector, not delivering emails to mailbox when the emails are send to undisclosed recipients on SBS2003. It downloads the email from ISP, but it does not deliver it. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks, Petr "Petr Mares" <petr_mares@tran.com> wrote: >I have a problem with POP3 Connector, not delivering emails to mailbox when >the emails are send to undisclosed recipients on SBS2003. It downloads the >email from ISP, but it does not deliver it. >Any idea how to fix this? Since the envelope addresses are no longer known, how sho...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

e-mail addresses are all unavailable to me
Why is it that I can't access any of my hotmail accounts? I've requested help but no one to assist me. Is there anyways that newsgroups would track my e-mail for me? Jennifer interesting story,.......long time ago I had this hotmail account, and for the hell of it I wrote a nasty email to hotmail complaining about all the spam I got......next day I could no longer access that account. -G "epiphany" <epiphanyjenn311@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:005401c3780f$951a30b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Why is it that I can't access any of my hotmail accounts? > I...

Spam sent from outside to our internal users, from our internal users addresses!!! E2k
I've seent this problem alot, but it hasn't haunted me for a while until today. Getting messages frmo users@mydomain.com, to users@mydomain.com. Using Exchange 2000, SP3 (+post fixes), on a W2k Sp4 box. I have the SMTP server settings to only allow to 10.x subnets to relay. This works if someone tries to relay to outside of us... but someone can send from any address to our domain, and I can't find any white papers that address this. I've checked 'Perform Reverse DNS on incoming messages", but this doesn't solve the problem. There has to be a way to specify that y...