Recipient Policies based on part of email address

Is it possible using Recipient Policies to accept emails in such a way.
Email sent from user1@company.com to data+application1@company.com and
landed in
application1@company.com mailbox.
Application then able to access this mailbox and parse data part of
destination address.
Important here that email is sent from internal users so should be
routed inside exchange.
If it's not possible to do using Recipient Policies but possible to
achieve same effect using different address format etc - please let me
know.

Thank you.

0
tarasul (2)

For recipient application1@company.com to recieve email for
data+application1@company.com, it needs to have that as a proxy address. RUS
cannot generate this on the fly like you want it to....

Perhaps look into an event sink/address rewriting... ? Or putting the data
in the subject or body of the message?
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

<tarasul@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible using Recipient Policies to accept emails in such a way.
> Email sent from user1@company.com to data+application1@company.com and
> landed in
> application1@company.com mailbox.
> Application then able to access this mailbox and parse data part of
> destination address.
> Important here that email is sent from internal users so should be
> routed inside exchange.
> If it's not possible to do using Recipient Policies but possible to
> achieve same effect using different address format etc - please let me
> know.
>
> Thank you.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
9/21/2005 7:16:24 PM
On a second thought, address rewriting may defeat the purpose - of getting
the message into the mailbox with data+ prefixed to application1@company.com
address.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message
> For recipient application1@company.com to recieve email for
> data+application1@company.com, it needs to have that as a proxy address.
> RUS cannot generate this on the fly like you want it to....
>
> Perhaps look into an event sink/address rewriting... ? Or putting the data
> in the subject or body of the message?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> --------------------------------
>

> <tarasul@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible using Recipient Policies to accept emails in such a way.
>> Email sent from user1@company.com to data+application1@company.com and
>> landed in
>> application1@company.com mailbox.
>> Application then able to access this mailbox and parse data part of
>> destination address.
>> Important here that email is sent from internal users so should be
>> routed inside exchange.
>> If it's not possible to do using Recipient Policies but possible to
>> achieve same effect using different address format etc - please let me
>> know.
>>
>> Thank you.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
9/21/2005 7:30:50 PM
Can address rewriting shift the data string into another mail header?
Will exchange preserve mail headers for internal email?

0
tarasul (2)
9/21/2005 7:56:07 PM
If you submit mail by smtp mail headers should be preserved.
Doubt if address rewriting can shift data string into the header - it's
meant to map one address to another, may not touch headers.

Can use event sinks to modify headers.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

> Can address rewriting shift the data string into another mail header?
> Will exchange preserve mail headers for internal email?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

CRM 3.0 Email Router for Exchange 2007
I know that there's an updated email router (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f7656f0f-4195-4a7d-b654-2786787e1422&displaylang=en) that provides support for Exchange 2007. But that router only supports running on an Exchange 2003 or 2000 server. Is there any update on when an email router might be released that supports a 2007 only environment? We have migrated off of 03, and would like to not have to keep that server around solely for this functionality. Thanks in advance. Rich Williams Amos Data Systems ...

Having trouble sending email
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Have checked server settings, all seems OK (have not changed anything on my PC for this problem to occur) Where is the actual error message? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Emails in queue #2
Hello, I have exchange 2003 installed on windows 2003. The problem is as follows It seems to be working fine then all of a sudden the messages pending for submission starts to fill up and all the clients get a message in their outlook stating "outlook is trying to retreive data from the microsoft exchange server". The onky way to resolve this is by rebootong the computer. Any ideas? Thansk You need to identify where the performance bottleneck is. The following link should get you started http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx In a...

Problems creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using 2003 Publisher. I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for Genesis - I"...

Return email from non-exisiting mailbox
Hi, We use Exchange server 5.5. And somebody is using a non exisitng email address from our domain name (spamming). Now my administrator mailbox fills up with all kinds of returned email. Is there a way where I can have the email returned without it bouncing in the administartor's email box? Txs....John "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48fe01c3e42a $28f6ad00$a501280a@phx.gbl: > We use Exchange server 5.5. And somebody is using a non > exisitng email address from our domain name (spamming). > Now my administrator mailbox fills up...

E-mail Part of excel sheet
How do you select and e-mail part of a work sheet, each time i try i get the whole sheets as part of the e-mail On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:52:02 -0700, "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >How do you select and e-mail part of a work sheet, each >time i try i get the whole sheets as part of the e-mail I don't think it can readily be done programmatically. However, if you use an e-mail client which supports messages in HTML (I use Outlook), you can copy/paste a part of your worksheet into the body of the message. To create...

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Address Book in Outlook 2003
Help!!! I usualy group my contacts in groups of contacts. Today I setup a brand new computer and a fresh install of Outlook 2003. Everything went well except the in the contacts department in Outlook 2003. So here's what happened. I copied some contacts folders from my old personnal PST file and they did not appeared in the contact list available when you prepare an e-mail (you know when you press the To button) so I deleted them. Af ter that I toured the internet and I saw that the control mecahnisism is in right cliking each contact folders and selecting the box with "show a...

Sending email but outbox is empty
Hi NG, When I press send/receive Outlook shows in its status bar that it works on sending emails (Sending messages 1 of 4) but there is not mail in outbox. As a result I currently cannot send any other mails since Outlook keeps working on the 4 emails I don't see. Any ideas, I am clueless? - Thanks a lot for any help!!!! Dirk ...

Cannot send external email
We are running Exchange 5.5 and cannot send external email all of a sudden. My firewall folks tell me that there's a ton of messages sent from my domain using a null address and that's blocking everything from getting out. However I cannot see a buildup of outgoing messages in the MTS out queues. Has anyone encountered this before and what was/is the fix? Thanks, Steve Can you first verify connection to an external SMTP Server on Port 25? Can you then ping an external Exchange Server by Name? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner &...

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

Delete record(s) in other cells based on value of one cell.
What I have is a protected sheet, where all columns except for 3 are protected. I cannot delete the entire row with protection turned on. So, what I need is to be able to delete the value in these three columns, only when the value in column A is "d". Any clues? Protection must remain on, users are using this spreadsheet and I cannot allow them to have access to the formulas in these other columns. Help...Micheal Provide a macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the work and reprotects the worksheet is one way around the problem. MPope wrote: > > What I have is a ...

Cannot read Base64 encoded emails (OL98)
Hello folks, I have a problem with one of my Outlook 98 machines. One user (Ironically the boss!) cannot read base64 encoded emails, they come up as garbage, which I then have to run through a Base64 decoder. Other users also use Outlook 98, but can read the emails fine. the problem affects the message text and encoded objects. Mail is coming from the same local server (602 ProLan Suite). The machine with the error is running build 8.5.7806.0. The other machines (Which read messages fine) are both running build 8.5.5104.6. This leads me to thinking that the problem is a result of a ...

Offline address lists Problem
Hi, I´ve a exchange 2000 clustered enviroment in the company, but outlook users didn´t syncronize offline address list, they receive a error. Everything it´s ok in the environment, I configured a server to host the offline address list and the DC´s are OK. What can be the problem? Thanks! -- Gustavo Z. Velozo ...

Incoming Emails 01-15-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that I've already received and even deleted. On 1/14/10 5:47 PM, in article 59bb0f88.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Trdwnds@officeformac.com" <Trdwnds@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why am I suddenly getting the same emails sent to me over and over again > whenever I log on? Every time I log on, I now get emails from last week that > I've al...

cant send email 01-01-10
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have reeived email for a year with no problem but am now getting this message. Thanks for any help. "Joydow" wrote: > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: ', Account: > 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013,...

Junk Mail filter is blocking my Contact emails...
Any ideas? I am using OL2003. I have "Also trust e-mail from my Contacts" checked on the Safe Senders tab of Junk Email Options window, however, on occasion, some mail gets put into the Junk Mail folder that originated from a Contact. Thanks. - Aaron ...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Outlook 2007 wont send emails when using contacts
If i select people in my contacts to send out an email, it wont send. It just gives me a parameter error. But, if i manually type the same email, it will work. I looked in the contacts, and the email addresses are correct. I did notice, however, that when i select a contact, outlook puts ' ' around the addresses. When i removed the ' ' it works. Could this be the issues? If so, how do i fix this? You didn't specify the method used for recipient selection. How were these Contacts created? Are their email addresses resolved? -- Russ Valentine "turbowrx...

CRM Exchange Email Router wont install
I have CRM server installed on machine "A", the DataBase on Machine "B" and now i want to install the Exchange Email Router on Machine "c". I was previosly installed on machine "C", it was uninstalled and now i get the following error when trying to reinstall on "C": --------------------------- Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router Setup --------------------------- One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and...

The recipient name is not recognized #3
Hi guys. Being a bit of a novice with Exchange... What would the first thing be to look at if external receipients were receiving a "The recipient name is not recognized" bounced email when sending emails to newly set up mailboxes on my system? I've set up 1000's of mailboxes in the past with no probs and this has just started happening with new users this past week. Thanks for any help in advance. Andy you login the new user or send email to the account yea? "Mailboxes will not be seen in ESM until the person logs into it for the first time, or the first message...

General Protection Fault on Game with NT-Based systems
Hello all. I'm having some trouble with a game running on NT-based windows OS's. It keeps throwing a general protection fault from a DLL. Is there any way to solve this issue so the game will run on modern windows OS's? I can get the game to run on Windows 98SE. So far I've failed to get it to run on Windows XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro. I'm currently trying to get a copy of Windows 2000 and Windows ME so I can try it with those two systems. Compatibility mode failed. I can't figure out if there's a way to get it to work or if it can even work at all. I...

Macro with relative address problem XSL 2000
Basically I want to (and did at one time) create a macro that edits a number (zip code), inserts a leading zero then moves down one cell. Cell Contents A1 1234 A2 2345 A3 3456 With the cursor on A1 my steps are: Tools\Macro\Record a New Macro\z On Stop Recording Toolbar depress Relative Address, then Edit Home '0 enter Down Click Stop recoding Since the cursor is on a A2, Pressing CTRL+z will make the contents 01234, not the desired 02345. I've tried different combinations of when to depress the relative address button with no success. And double clicking the c...

Outlook doesn't show previous e-mail addresses used
Do you know how Outlook will show you an e-mail by just typing a few letters because you have sent to that e-mail address before? We have a user where all of a sudden it is not doing that anymore. Is there an easy way to get it working again without having to do all the addresses manually again? Are you saying a list comes up but is blank or that the option is not there at all. Check to see if that function was turned off under Tools - Options - Email Options - Advanced Options. Make sure the auto-name is checked. If they were deleted from the registry I am not sure if they can be r...