Receiving Multiple Emails but not using pop collection

Ok, here goes...

Server 2003 Standard. Exchange 2003 Standard.

We use SMTP to send and receive email. 4 of our users have been setup
to have their email forwarded to individual external accounts with
their own ISPs. However, when these users send emails to each other
internally and cc each other (so user 1 sends an email to user 2 and
ccs user 3 and 4), there will be 4 copies of the same email within
their external accounts. Their internal exchange mailboxes will have
only 1 copy, as it should. Why, then, do they get 4 copies in their
external email accounts?

I read other posts about similar problems but they seem to be concerned
with a pop collection from a global email account, which we don't do.

Help!

Cheers.

On 24 Jan 2007 04:45:16 -0800, morgan.ian@gmail.com wrote:

>Ok, here goes...
>
>Server 2003 Standard. Exchange 2003 Standard.
>
>We use SMTP to send and receive email. 4 of our users have been setup
>to have their email forwarded to individual external accounts with
>their own ISPs. However, when these users send emails to each other
>internally and cc each other (so user 1 sends an email to user 2 and
>ccs user 3 and 4), there will be 4 copies of the same email within
>their external accounts. Their internal exchange mailboxes will have
>only 1 copy, as it should. Why, then, do they get 4 copies in their
>external email accounts?
>
>I read other posts about similar problems but they seem to be concerned
>with a pop collection from a global email account, which we don't do.
>
>Help!
>
>Cheers.

Do a check and see how many messages leave the Exchange server. You
may need to enable Message Tracking on the store and then do some
re-sendign tests.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Pop Up Combo Box
I have 3 options in a combo: TS, CT, and MISC Each one of these options has their own pertinent account codes. What I want is the ability to choose one of the options (TS, CT or MISC), and based on that choice, have another combo box pop up with a list of corresponding account codes. If you can help with step-by-step moron-proof instructions, I would be much obliged. This is called "cascading combo boxes". A google search should return plenty of links that will show you how to do it. HTH -- _________ Sean Bailey "natalie" wrote: > I have 3 options in a combo...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Outlook 2000 send/receive
I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? I am not sure if it is what you are looking for but here goes: Under the Tools menu, click Options. In the dialog box that opens next click on Mail Delivery tab, then make sure there is a check in the box beside "send messages immediately when connected." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14fdf01c41cac$9696e2c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am having troubles trying to get Outlook 2000 to > automaticly send/receive e-mails...any help? ...

Adding an item to a popup menu in outlook's inbox using VBA
Hello all, On rightclicking on the mailitems in the outlook's inbox we can see a popup menu.i want to add a menu item to that popup menu using outlook VBA. Please do help me in this regard. Thanking you regards, Revathy.v ...

outlook can't receive exe files

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Prioritize Internal Email
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email to a higher priority than internet mail? -Patrick What specific issue are you trying to address? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FD55EB5-475C-46B6-AB3A-1C697E62DF72@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email > to a > higher priority than internet mail? > -Patrick ...

Querying multiple records in two tables

recieving emails
I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) and when I hit the button again it starts recieving from the begining again resulting in duplicate messages then it ends in an error like the beginning again. My email is Yahoo mail plus Dorisall wrote: || I get an error message Which is? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Dorisall <Dorisall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get an error message while recieving my emails (send and recieve) > and when I hit the button again it starts reci...

Can't receive EMail #5

using vba so search multiple Sheets

email icon
I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this mean? -- xgdude It indicates that you replied to that message. A green arrow pointing right indicates that you forwarded the message. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "xgdude" wrote in message news:04BCD8E8-B64A-4385-B601-55095BC34F42@microsoft.com... I have an email in my inbox in windows live mail and the envelope icon has a red or purple arrow pointing to the left. What does this...

some emails not coming through internally
Hello, I have a 3COM NBX phone system. It has the capability of sending an e-mail to a user with the voice message attached. That system is on my 10.1.x.x network. My exchange server is on my 10.3.x.x. network. There's a place in the NBX system to put the name of the SMTP server. I've tried both the email.mydomain.com and the IP address of the server. The messages do not come through. If I change the e-mail address for delivery to an account such as yahoo.com, it comes through no problem. I have a test exchange server at home. If I set it to go to that, goes no where. I ...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...