receiving mail that dosen't have a mailbox on my server

how do you stop email addresses that have my domain name,
but the receipant does not have a mailbox on my server

please help
0
Bacamden (1)

"Brad Camden" <Bacamden@mississippilime.com> wrote:

>how do you stop email addresses that have my domain name,
>but the receipant does not have a mailbox on my server
>

>please help

In E2K3 you can now do a directory lookup and deny inbound traffic for
smtp addresses that aren't in AD.
There are other solutions for the older versions of Exchange. What ya
got?

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/28/2004 4:14:50 PM
          ----- Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote: ----

     "Brad Camden" <Bacamden@mississippilime.com> wrote

     >how do you stop email addresses that have my domain name,
     >but the receipant does not have a mailbox on my serve
     >>>please hel

     In E2K3 you can now do a directory lookup and deny inbound traffic fo
     smtp addresses that aren't in AD
     There are other solutions for the older versions of Exchange. What y
     got

     Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP
     FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.ht
     Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.u

And how do you do that in E2K3 and 2K?
0
anonymous (74722)
5/28/2004 4:31:02 PM
I would also like to know how this is done? I have a Windows 2003 domain and
Exchange 2003 server.

"Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>           ----- Mark Arnold [MVP] wrote: -----
>
>      "Brad Camden" <Bacamden@mississippilime.com> wrote:
>
>      >how do you stop email addresses that have my domain name,
>      >but the receipant does not have a mailbox on my server
>      >>>please help
>
>      In E2K3 you can now do a directory lookup and deny inbound traffic
for
>      smtp addresses that aren't in AD.
>      There are other solutions for the older versions of Exchange. What ya
>      got?
>

>      Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
>      FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
>      Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
>
> And how do you do that in E2K3 and 2K?

0
k0rnshell (37)
5/29/2004 12:41:30 PM
Hi all. Happened upon this thread, and have the same query. I am running 2k Advanced Server SP4 with an AD, and Exchange 5.5 SP4. I would love to know what the other work arounds are. These e-mails keep clogging up my admin box, and I dont like opening them for fear of a virus

Thanks
Vance

Clients can open each other's mailboxs
I have exchange 2003. All my clients can access each others mailboxes. When I look at the mailbox right I see the everyone group with full access. I am unable to remove it because it is inheriting permissions. Where can I change this? What is weird is that my administrator account use to be able to open everyone's mailbox and now it can not. have you looked at permissions at the top level of the Exchange Organization? Looks like maybe they've been set there...also check the "security" tab for "send as" right... "Paul" <pkernicky@swca.net> wr...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Relay from unstruted server