read write to public folders

Hi,

Is it possible to read & write to Public Folders from external
applications, if so would I find the file layout information?

Does the file layout of the public folders change from version to
version of exchange?

Thanks

Ian
0
ian8518 (4)

"there has been an error reading or writing the file"
I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1. portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or writing the file" after folowing the intructions at: http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help...

Is there a way to see if someone is reading another persons e-mail
We think that someone in the company might be reading other peoples e-mail. Is there software or a tool that we can run to monitor and see if this is happening? Thanks Greg ...

old Exchange Server remains site folder server
Hello, I am trying to replace an old exchange 2000 server with a new 2003 server. I have moved all the mailboxes, public folders and system folders as per the KB article regarding 'removing the first exchange 2000 server in a site.' However, the old Exchange 2000 server is still showing up as the site folder server in AD. I have not uninstalled Exchange from the old server yet - will the site folder server role be automatically reassigned at that time or will I have to manually edit the AD with ADSI Edit and put the DN of my new Exchange server in there to change this role? Also, am ...

copy attachment only into a folder
how do I copy an attachment sent to me thru email, and put the attachment in a folder to keep under my documents? Thank you In news:463577E5-3E70-4A7D-BA44-FF97E53B42D9@microsoft.com, clee <clee@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > how do I copy an attachment sent to me thru email, and put the > attachment in a folder to keep under my documents? > Thank you You can manually save an attachment to the location of your choice. If you want to do this automatically, you might check out http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/attachments_processor/ or search for 'housekeeping' ...

an interesting read
FYI, an article on errors caused by Excel's automatic formatting wit indirect links to work-arounds which might be useful. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/16/excel_vanishing_dna/ Harlan, Thanks for posting that. It was interesting. Also, we now an addition to the jargon: "Symbol Mutation error" Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message news:d2c023b0.0407161303.5e5013df@posting.google.com... > FYI, an article on errors caused by Excel's automatic formatting wit > indirect links to work-arounds which ...

How to change multiple folders views in Outlook
When you first create an account within Outlook (currently using 2007 but I'm sure it's the same for other versions) it defaults the folders so that certain columns are visable they all have the viewing pane enabled. Is there a way of changing one folder so that all folders look identicle (Deleted, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-Mail, Outbox etc etc etc). I'm sure there must be a way but I'd be damned if I can find it...and it's driving me nuts!! Cheers Glenn gloriousglenn@hotmail.com <gloriousglenn@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way of changing one folder so that a...

Creating a Browse for Folder
I have seen programs where there is an edit field for defining the location of a file and then to the right of the field is a button with 3 periods on it which when clicked brings up a browse for folder file box where the user can choose a directory and file and then it is populated in the edit field. Is there a custom control to use for this or do I have to develop this myself? Take a look at SHBrowseForFolder and CFileDialog. You probably want CFileDialog. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Olf0wrmk...

Excel opens as read only from IE
I'm not sure whether this problem is Excel related or IE related. Whenever we launch an Excel file, whether it be from the company intranet or even from a web-based email, it opens as a read only. Can anyone shed any light on how to alter this? -- Regards, Darren ...

Configuring NDR copies to Public Folder
Hi Using Exchange Server 2003. I created a 'postmaster' mailbox that receives NDRs and then set it so that it forwards it to another address which is a mail enabled public folder. I get this error in the event viewer. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Transport Delivering Event ID: 2028 Date: 08/07/04 Time: 2:36:56 PM User: N/A Computer: APOLLO Description: The delivery of a message sent by public folder NDR NOTIFICATIONS227406224D7E7D4E26D0C5A3D1DD7EA40A5CCA has failed. To: 'notavaliduser@ebop.govt.nz' Cc: The non-delivery repo...

keeping calendar and folders in navigation bar
ol03. i have navigation bar open. i click on calendar button (small icons) at bottom and calendar opens showing several months. i then click on 'folder list' icon, and folders show on navigation bar with current month still at top. that is perfect. except if i click on one of the folders, the month disappears and folders take up the whole nav. bar. isn't there a way to keep calendar and folders open at same time? ...

Reading mail in Outlook Express
Hi, Whenever I open outlook express I have no problem downloading the messages, but when I try to read them either in the preview panel or opening them in a new window nothing shows up. There is just a blank space almost like they didn't send a message. When I put my mouse pointer over the message, the icon that tells me the computer is working shows up. Thanks for any help Kyle Hi, Kyle.... This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will proba...

hwo to recover personal folders and contact list??
I had office 2003 running on my C: drive and I had a major system crash so I backed up the entire C: drive to D: .. then I formatted and reinstalled windows XP pro and office 2003. can someone tell me where on the D: drive I woudld find the contact list and all my folders from outlook 2003 that I had running before? THanks.. Hi Dave, please look here, which datas are important for outlook http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#18 If you search for the relevant files you could import them into your new Outlook! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Brave...

Read-only files
I want to email an MS Publisher 03 file. It is read-only protected, but it can still be accessed and changes made, although it has to be saved with another file name. Is it possible to make it unaccessible - so that no changes can be made at all? no. and it doesn't even have to be saved with a different name, all you have to do is change the file attributes. "secretariat" <secretariat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CFB98E4-29E7-4AC6-BBB4-177EE7F5C982@microsoft.com... |I want to email an MS Publisher 03 file. It is read-only protected, but it |...

Writing scripts
Where can I find info on writing scripts for Excel. What I am trying to do is this. I have a .CVS file that is always in the same format. In 1 of the colums there are standard phrases that come from the our database. What I'd like to do is take those phrases and use something like a 'case' command to compare that statement to a list and then based on the list, insert the correct action into the same field as the standard phrase. It would have to loop through all the rows, and those numbers can vary quite a bit...... Can anyone help me on the best way to handle this? T...

publication 'loses' picture
Hi to everyone, I am creating a travel diary with PublisherXP, which is my first encounter with this program (so I am a complete novice to Publisher). I have no idea whether Publisher was made for such a use, but as it is, it works fine for me. So far I'm content with my publications (one for each day), but a few questions have arisen. This was the only newsgroup about Publisher I could find so I decided to ask here. I've googled quite a bit but was not successful. So much for the introduction, now one of my questions.:-) Sometimes (unfortunately I can't make out a regular patt...

What is the best way to Write this Formula
THank you to all that have helped and to who will help, i greatly appreciate it. Here is my question. I have four columns of data:b is OPEN, C is HIGH, D is LOW and D is CLOSE. I then wrote an =if(and)) statement with about six logical steps to come up with the words "BUY" and "SELL" in columns f and g respectfully. Then in column H I wrote a buy stop formula which is =if(f2="BUY",e2-6.00,""). Worked great got my new number now what I need to write is and this is the hard part IF at any time that the LOW(column d) from that period on until th...

Public Folder Permissions Not Displaying Correctly in Outlook
This is a weird one. I'm using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 in cached exchange mode. About 6 months ago I migrated from 5.5 to 2003. New server, new install and then moved the mailboxes and folders over. All worked well, no problems. Recently, I have been upgrading my clients to Office 2003 and received a few reports that users were not able to create or edit information in the Public Folders even though they had the proper permissions. I usually just re-applied the permissions and moved on. However, I have run into a problem where the permissions in the Exchange System Manager (ESM) sh...

how to read textbox value from vb.net
i have added a textbox from developer>control tab>activeXcontrol>textbox in word document 2007. the content of the textbox includes "my name is supriya upadhyay". now i want to open this word file from vb.net and wanna read the content of the textbox. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out ...

Copy sent mail automatically to public folder
I can’t seem to google this information, so I’m asking for help? I know there’s got to be an easy way, I just can’t seem to think of it. I created a public folder on Exchange 2003, and I’m using it to catch all the support emails that come into the system. The public folder is part of a distro list that automatically copies all inbound mail to this folder. I would also like it to catch all the support emails going out as well, where support is in the from line. The support emails go into a sql database and are pulled from it using another software program. The support public fold...

Mailbox/Folder "Compare"
I have a user that seems to have made duplicate copies of just about everything in his mailbox (Contact lists, e-mail folders, calendar appointments, etc&hellip;) , he then started using the mailbox anyway and now has mail and contacts in many different places, is there a utility that will let me do a &lsquo;compare' against 2 Outlook folders (ex: select Contact List 1, Select Contact List 2, get diff of List 1 to List 2), or am I just going to have to log in to the box administratively and tell him that there is some &lsquo;magic code' that did it for him? TIA, -Kevin...

Publications Designer
I would like to design different publications with Microsoft Publisher and sell the publications. Can I legally do this? I would like to design business cards, logos, flyers, stationery, etc., and even offer adminstrative assistant services to potiential customers. Can I legally sell whatever publication I make using Microsoft Publisher 2003. I do have a liscensed copy of Microsoft Publisher 2003. Legal Information http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX100667421033.aspx?pid=CL100569831033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.micros...

How to read xml into dataset from xmlwriter object?
Hi, I have two Datagrids. >From the DG1, I read the content by DG1.WriteXml(xmlWriterObj...) Now, I would like to copy the content of xmlWriterObj into another datagrid I don't want to write the content of xmlWriterObj into a file rather keep them in memory. So, when I tried to use DG2.ReadXml(xmlWriterObj...), it erros out because this method expects xmlReader obj. How can I do this? Thanx, AceMonster wrote: > I have two Datagrids. >>From the DG1, I read the content by DG1.WriteXml(xmlWriterObj...) > Now, I would like to copy the content of xmlWriterObj into another...

Item-Level Recover for Public Folders
Hi, i'm testing Exchange 2010 with SC DPM 2010 RC. For item-level restoring MS DPM suggest to use Recovery Database in Exchange 2010. It's works fine with Mailbox Databases. In Exchange we have limit to one Public Folder Mailbox Database. After backup is restoring to Recovery Database, it can not be mounted. If dismount Public Folder Database, Recovery Database bring mounted. Anybody have ideas to implement item-level restore for Exchange Public Folders? If you want to recover an item from a database to another database it is must that both of them need to ...

Sending emails from Public Folder
Hi, I have a public folder on the exchange server which is email-enabled. I am able to receive messages into it but cannot find a way to send messages from it. I have the folder in MS Outlook and whenever I click on the folder and try to send a message it displays my personal email address as the "Sender" (it's the same case with replies from the folder). How can I cause this folder to act like a mailbox so I can send and receive messages from it? On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:34:02 -0700, "sdhillon" <sdhillon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I have a pub...

Reading Vista files from XP
We have just started receiving Excel files from others that were created using a MS Vista version of Excel. The file extension is XLS. When we try to open the files using our XP version of Excel, the program crashes. I am wondering what can be done so that Excel files can be exchanged between the 2 operating systems? Clearly this must be a well known problem, but I have had no success stumbling on the answer. Thanks..................Dave The operating systems have nothing to do with the files. The files are created by Excel. There is no MS Vista version of Excel. There are severa...