Read/Unread PF info wrong on Outlook client...

I have been having this issue for a while now, It used to be quite
common amongst the google groups community, but not recently. Hopefully

that means there has been a fix?

When creating public folder favourties in outlook, the read/unread
counters loose their accuracy after time. Step 3 below fixes it for a
month or so, but then they become inaccurate again.

This is what I've tried:

Method 1

>Open Exchange System Manager
>Right click on the public folder (under folders)
>Uncheck 'maintain per user read/unread information' then 're-check'

Method 2

>Open Exchange System Manager
>Dismount public store
>C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\isinteg -fix -s server1 -test alltests

Method 3

>Stop all server public stores, and run following on all servers
>C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\isinteg -fix -s server1 -test alltests

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Exchange 2003 SP1 running on Windows 2003, Outlook 2003 SP1

I have this exact problem on one of my public folder favorites.  I wasn't
aware of option 1.  Since I'm a consultant and not in operations, I can't
fix it!  I'm not aware that there is any fix for this beyond what you've
posted.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"liquidengine" <liquidengine@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have been having this issue for a while now, It used to be quite
> common amongst the google groups community, but not recently. Hopefully
>
> that means there has been a fix?
>

> When creating public folder favourties in outlook, the read/unread
> counters loose their accuracy after time. Step 3 below fixes it for a
> month or so, but then they become inaccurate again.
>

> This is what I've tried:
>

> Method 1
>

>>Open Exchange System Manager
>>Right click on the public folder (under folders)
>>Uncheck 'maintain per user read/unread information' then 're-check'
>

> Method 2
>

>>Open Exchange System Manager
>>Dismount public store
>>C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\isinteg -fix -s server1 -test alltests
>

> Method 3
>

>>Stop all server public stores, and run following on all servers
>>C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin\isinteg -fix -s server1 -test alltests
>

> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> Exchange 2003 SP1 running on Windows 2003, Outlook 2003 SP1

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Advice needed on mail-merge mailing with Excel 2003 & Outlook 2003
I need to email about 6,000 contacts of mine in a few weeks, and have the following questions: 1) My email provider allows only 100 emails to be sent per hour. As I don't want to be flagged as a spammer, is there a Outlook script or a seperate program that would allow me to do a schedule that would take the total list and send 99 emails from it every hour until it's done. 2) These will not be a "generic mass-mailing", but one that I would actually have a person name go with each seperate email. My contact information (person name & email address) is stored in an E...

Cannot delete old events in PF calendar exchage 2000
Hope some one can help me. I have a client that is running exchange 2000. They have a public calendar that was created by someone (they do not know) in 2001. I have added a client as the owner of the PF. But they cannot delete or modify any old events. The message says you do not have permission. New events added have no problems. On 20 Apr 2006 10:34:22 -0700, cbehnke@raclink.com wrote: >Hope some one can help me. I have a client that is running exchange >2000. They have a public calendar that was created by someone (they do >not know) in 2001. I have added a client as th...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Eamil auto change after read
How do I change the font Automatically in a multiple file email after the eamil is read? Not a native Outlook function. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tykija asked: | How do I change the font Automatically in a multiple file email after | the eamil is read? ...

Exch 2003 wrongly bouncing outbound emails
Hello, I'm fairly new to Exchange so there is probably some simple setting that just needs to be changed, but here is the situation. One of our employees needed to send an email to approximately 90-some external recipients. All of the addresses are in her contacts, so we added all of those contacts to the BCC field, leaving the TO field empty. She got an "Undeliverable" message from our Exchange 2003 server, showing one of the following messages for all recipients: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system a...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

Cannot Start Outlook #2
I have just run the auomatic windows update on my local PC and now Outlook 2000 will not start. It just hangs at the splash screen. Outlook is configured to connect to Exchange. Other PCs on the same Lan which have not been updated can still connect. The updates installed were 824141, 823182, 826232, 825119, 828035, 828749. I have unistalled all of these updates and Outlook still will not start. Any ideas? Does it start if you run this command from the command line, go to Start > Run > type "outlook /safe" without the quotes but with the space before the Forward slash &...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

Wrong Reply Address in a mixed 5.5 and 2003 Exchange Environment
When creating a new mail-enabled user in active directory and sending an SMTP mail message to an external SMTP address, the senders reply address is wrong. It looks like the X.400 connector address with an @something.com appended to it instead of the first.last@something.com. The default policy and admin group policy has the correct addressing in them and the correct address shows in the users exchange email addresses tab. The mail currently flows from 2003 to 5.5 and then out to the internet. Obviously replying to this type of address will not work. Any ideas on how to fix this? ...

Outlook 2007 add-on
Hello everybody! Wonder is there any outlook 2007 add-on that can show related email messages (even if exchanged between 2, 3 or more persons), based on the similarity of emails' contents? I know Outlook 2007 has the option to arrange columns per "conversation" but if 2 messages have same content with different subjects, they are not included in the "conversation" display.. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance! Steve Tried Xobni? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

HELP- error Outlook
What's this mean and how to fix? in error dialogue box: "c:\program~1\micro~2 \office\outlook.exe" Abnormal program termination .. ...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

CUSTOMIZING YOUR OUTLOOK TODAY
When you change the style of Outlook Today by customizing it (to summer or winter styles for example), then go to another screen such as Messages or Calendar, and then switch back to Outlook Today the style that appears is not the style that you customized it to be. How can I get it to stay that Style? Your Caps Lock is Broken "BRENT (Please Help)" <baolsen2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:071801c35ade$ffdc19c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When you change the style of Outlook Today by customizing > it (to summer or winter styles for example), then go to > another scr...

Outlook Connector Hangs or Chugs While Sending Mail
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. Brian G;111299 Wrote: > Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I > guess) > "works", but whenever I send ...

Rule info
TIA! Just migrated to outlook 2003 from 2000 (on a WinXP Pro machine). Is there a reference anywhere that explains what the various rule statements mean, or how to change the default boolean when linking the rule statements? I would love to make use of the new rules but am having difficulty interpreting their meaning. For instance, now there is a rule "sender is in 'specified' address book and on this machine only". The rule does not make sense if the address book is a subset of the GAL (All Users) which is not 'on this machine only'. Also, the rule I need shoul...

RPC over http
I have already setup the server to use RPC over http. One client already works..I know it is setup correctly. On another computer I try to go into the email account to enable updating exchange over http. THE OPTION ISN"T THERE! I then went on other machines and am finding the same problem. What can I do? I made sure everything is installed! Client side requirements are: Windows XP with SP1/1a Update from KB 331320 If both are applied, check back because I remember something about a registry key setting that could force the option to go missing. "Eric Wood" <ewood@...

Moving a row from one sheet to another wrongly leaves blank-row artifact.
Moving an entire row within a sheet in Excel XP is implemented correctly: Select the entire row, cut it, go to the target location, and Insert Copied Cells. The target row is inserted (pushing all rows below it down), and the source row is deleted (bringing all rows below it up, as it were). NOT so when the target is in another sheet in the same workbook. Excel inserts the target row correctly, but fails to delete the source row. The row still exists (only it's blanked out). You have to remeber to, tediously, return to the source and delete the blank row. Which means that if you intende...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

Outlook 2002 "MAPI unable to load..."
I recently began using Outlook 2002 when I needed to synch my PDA. For the first 4-5 weeks there were no real problems. LAst week I downloaded an add-in from Microsoft's Office area: Outlood Personal Folders Backup - But now when I start Outlook I get the message: "Unable to open your defaolt e-mail folders. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL." I have done REPAIR twice and then tried UNINSTALL/INSTALL. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas would be appreciated. If it is the add-in, how do I remove it?? OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to ...

Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Ser
Hi I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail then gets stuck in my outbox. I still receive all email and this only happends over one particular broadband connection??? If i use dial up it works and if i go to some other broadband connection it works... any ideas? _VERITAS_ wrote: > Hi > I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from > the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail > then gets stuck in my outbox. I s...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

Problem of ghost unread posts?
Hi All! I'm using Outlook Express. Three times today I'm seeing unread posts reported that can't be found. Synchronizing doesn't cure the problem. When I use Edit > Mark All Read I get an OE hang up. Ctrl + Alt + Del > End Task Return to News and the ghost has gone. Anyone else? Cause? Solution? Not critical but annoying. I wonder if it's a remains of a spam that's been removed before I read it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fr...