read receipts with internet mail

I was wondering if anyone knew if you put a read receipt on an email that is
going to a gmail or yahoo account...does return receipts work?

Thanks
0
janice (46)

Can not install Internet Explorer on this version of windows
On win xp pro 64-bit. I upgraded to Internet explorer 8 now when I attempt to get updates I get "We need to open a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer", but it fails.... I have attempted to download/install a new copy of IE 8 (32-bit) but get an installation error "Internet Explorer 8 is not supported on this Operating System". I also get the same error when attempting to install IE 7. You must download Windows Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Server 2003 SP2 64-bit Edition or Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition. This includes both the 64-bit version and ...

Cannot send mail 05-06-10
Just recently (early this week) started having an issue with sending mail. I have charter.net and aol.com email accounts. On both I can receive mail but can no longer send. Using WLM on a Windows 7 Toshiba laptop. Connecting through a VPN connection (ExpressVPN). Error message for AOL SELECT failed Configuration: Account: imap.aol.com Server: imap.aol.com User name: dlvarner49 Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd2 Error message for Charter The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test Message' Server: 'smtp....

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
My email account has an error, not to do with my local settings (no settings have been changed, and I get the same error when I acces from ony one of 3 different computer, using Windows Live Mail. I can't send emails. Error message is: The server does not support a SSL connection. Subject 'Re: matrix Accreditation Review Friday 5th February 2010' Server Error: 250 Server Response: 250 OK Server: 'smtp.live.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes It's been like this for 12 hours now. I there a servier pro...

SPAM not going into Junk E-mail folder on all machines
The SPAM goes into my Junk E-mail folder but not in some others users. Any ideas? The filter works great for me. I want it to work for all my users. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:50:09 -0700, "Jeff Laidacker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The SPAM goes into my Junk E-mail folder but not >in some others users. Any ideas? The filter works great >for me. I want it to work for all my users. Check the settings on the clients. They might be on Low or not in cached mode or any one of a variety of reasons. Is every setting the same? Have they accidently or otherwi...

552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation (in reply to MAIL FROM command)
Hi, occassionally external mail senders to our SBS domain receive the following error and their mail is not delivered to our recipients. This has happened ever since we upgraded to SBS 2003. 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation (in reply to MAIL FROM command) However, we have no limits set and this does not happen for all incomming mail with attachments. I can't find anything definitive on Google searching. An example of the error someone who receives this when sending to us is follows: X-Original-To: them@mx3.netspace.net.au Delivered-To: them@mx3.netspace.n...

Unread Mail Search Folders
For some reason a couple of our users are having problems deleting emails from the "Unread Mail" Search folder in Outlook 2003. When they delete a message from the Unread Mail it reappears a second later. This kind of makes sense because it's still an unread mail, but it's now in the Deleted Items. The next time they delete the same message from the Unread Mail it finally goes away. However, on everyone else's computer the email goes away the first time the user deletes the message from the Unread Mail. Is there anyway to set the message to disappear from the U...

Mail Accounts
How do I extract the accounts from exchange to import them on another server without exchange e.g outlook with.pst format Hi scrootch Use Movemail Box if they are under same ORG. Thanks Manoj "scrootch" wrote: > How do I extract the accounts from exchange to import them on another server > without exchange e.g outlook with.pst format ...

Accidently Deleted e-mails in Outlook 2007
Hi all, I (stupidly) accidently deleted 160 of my e-mails in Outlook 2007. They are still on Telstra's Web Mail. Is there any way of recovering them into Outlook's Inbox? Thanks, Skorpio. Skorpio Sorry to say the answer is No -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Skorpio" <skorpio@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message news:tJ%oo.747$Bv4.40@viwinnwfe01....

Internet message header
Hi, we are currently archiving email correspondence by dragging and dropping the email into a project folder and the email will be saved in the *.msg format. However, once we move the email into project folder on server, when we open the email, it loses the internet header. From the legal stand point in court: Do we need the internet header to archive the email to show in court? Should we print it in PDF format then save it? Should we keep all email in PST format, that way the internet header stays within the email itself? Or if court does not care the internet header, we can just drag and...

Outlook 2000 & Mail Icon
Hi, Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000. From Control Panel i cannot open the Mail icon, i double click but nothing happens. If i go to Tools --> Accounts from Outlook 2000 nothing happens either. In the About window from the help menu it says "No Email" but I have set Outlook for "Internet Mail Only" Any ideas what is wrong? I have seen a couple of posts with similar problems but none of them had an answer. TIA Hi, Do you have a tab called Mail Delivery or Mail Setup under Tools -- >Options ??? If so Click on that tab and then click on Reconfigure Mail ...

Mail just won't go to Outlook.
I'm at a client's working on a new Dell XP SP2 system with Office 2003 Basic edition. I'm unable to get email to deliver to Outlook, though it *will* go without any problems to Outlook Express. I've created new profiles, new user accounts, done the Test Settings in Outlook and everything looks right. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. I've exported/imported the Outlook Express settings and re-created it manually. There is no firewall or mail scanner redirecting mail. Mail (including the test mail) will send from Outlook, but will *not* arrive ...

UPDATED - READ AWAY
Since this list will undoubtedly grow and to make it slightly easier to find... I've relocated it to the web at: http://www.jguidera.com/money_2005_bugs.htm I should point out the list of bugs are those I've seen/experienced and/or reproduced and do not necessarily represent the opinions (good, bad or otherwise) or acknowledgement by anyone that these are actually bugs (I mean after all we could all be nuts) :-) -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@msn.com.remove One more...don't know if anyone else has gotten this one. I went to the Ta...

Import Web Based mail to Exchange 2003
I need som direction on exporting mail from a Sun Web Based enviornment to Exchange 2003. Is it possible? The users don't use a local client to download mail(not POP3) strictly web based. Any help would be appreciated. ...

The memory could not be "read" error
Hello: We have an Access 2003 db which uses local as well as oracle tables. We suddenly started encountering this error when exiting the program: "the instruction at "0xxxx..." referenced memory at "0xfffffffff". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. We have tried a variety of different things to avert this error, including introducing memory delays, etc. I found that when introducing MsgBox just prior to the error, it does not occur. So then, I tried to introduce MsgBox, and using win32 api, to automati...

Cannot read outlook 2003 inbox using webmail
As stated in the subject line, I cannot access my inbox when using webmail.. When I login, I can read all folders EXCEPT the inbox. Whe I select my mail inbox I get the message: "There are no items to show in this view". Can you please enlighten me as to what is set wrong within my version of MS Outlook 2003? Thank you Barry Cole ...

Reply to mail with template
Outlook 2007 I want to do something that I believe should be very simple but for being so simple I cant figure out how to do it. I receive a large number of emails that require the same various responses. I need to include the original email so what I want to do is have a button that does something like this. Reply to using this template. Push the button and a list of my templates appear and I select the template change a few details and clic send.. How in the world do I achieve this? Many thanks in advance and sorry for such a dumb question.. Bob On 2/27/2010 10:...

Internet shortcuts
Hi, Got this problem, I can't send mail from an INTERNET SHORTCUT It reads "no mail program is set up to send mail using internet shortcuts" Now, I have done quite abit on my own but I fear I'm missing something. I have gone into IE and went to internet options and clicked on programs and tried to look at HTML editor: nothing is there and under E-mail: also nothing there, I went into Outlook and went into options and under default messaging programs and clicked on Make Default "use this program is the default mail handler" However when I go back into Option...

Outlook 2007
I used to be able to type the first few letters of a first and last name when writing a new e-mail and it would quickly find the e-mail address of the person I was trying to e-mail. Since upgrading to 2007, now, when I look at the pick list when e-mailing someone, it has turned all of the fax #'s into e-mail addresses. So, there are now 2 "e-mail address" for many of these people, which means if I type in their name, it will not fill in the rest because there are now two entries for this. Very annoying. Is there any way to turn this off, other than deleting all of the fa...

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

google notifier & mail
have they fixed internet explorer 8 so google notifier & google mail is compatible? i have windows xp sp3 and don't want to install it untill i know if it works yet. it didn't work a year ago. thanks for any input -- the don What did Google Support have to say about it when you asked them? donincardona wrote: > have they fixed internet explorer 8 so google notifier & google mail is > compatible? i have windows xp sp3 and don't want to install it untill i > know > if it works yet. it didn't work a year ago. > > thanks for any ...

Reply mail too large font
all mail reply's have too large fonts. When mail is send it is send in normal size font when te mail is replied the text from the original message grows in size each time the mail is relied. It is not an outlook isue. First time we got this problem we couldn't find anything on the exchange server so my college reinstalled te exchange server and the problem was gone. But now its back. We are using exchange server 2003 and i could not find any configuration option for this issue. Can somebody help us dont want too reinstall the server again. ...

Windows Mail
All of a sudden I am having difficulty receiving/sending emails. I have webmail.carolina.rr.com which are then forwarded to my laptop via windows mail. I started receiving duplicate emails last week, same email up to 20 times. I verified with the server that the dups are not on their end. coincedentally, my internet connection is pathetically slow. Can this issue affect my internet speed? Anyone have any advice? I have already verified that I am set up correctly. Yesterday I ran CCcleaner, superspy ware, and malwarebytes and came up clean. Not sure what is happening. MI...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

advanced e-mail option for "Suggest names..."
My advanced e-mail option is turned ON for "Suggest names while completing To, From, Bcc fields", but it doesn't seem to work the way it did a couple of weeks ago. Nothing has changed that I am aware of. Right now, it only seems to work for addresses that I have typed in during my current session - doesn't seem to know about anything I typed in yesterday or last week. It used to suggest addresses that I had typed in a long time ago. Do you know why it doesn't seem to remember what I've typed into those fields before? I don't know why the names cache is getting c...

editing e-mail attachment
Hello , When we attach a document with e-mail and then open the attachment doc for editing. After editing then we click on save , it suppose to save the changing to attach doc but it doesnt save the changing to attach document. anyone else experienced it ? Aami It save the file in the temp system folder, so you can't save the changed file to CRM, the best way to save the attachement file is that, you download the attachement and delete it, then attach the file you have changed. "Aami" wrote: > Hello , > > When we attach a document with e-mail and then open ...