re-post of .stm problem (unable to resolve)

Thanks all.  No luck yet.  It turns out tape back up had a defective tape so
no luck getting a back up copy.  As to suggestion below, here is what I am
doing:
1.  at dos prompt, go to \progra~1\exchsrvr\bin
2.  type in:  eseutil /p c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /createstm

Doesn't run and message is:  Usage error: Invalid option '/createstm'.

I must be making a mistake somewhere?  Any help is appreciated.

btw, this is exchange 2000

Dan

> >> You can recreate the .stm file by running this:
> >>
> >> 	"eseutil /p priv1.edb /createstm"
> >>
> >> Or you can restore from the last backup.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Rich Matheisen
> >> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> >> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> >> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
> >> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Danno (16)

you might want to look at this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555146/en-us

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks all.  No luck yet.  It turns out tape back up had a defective tape
so
> no luck getting a back up copy.  As to suggestion below, here is what I am
> doing:
> 1.  at dos prompt, go to \progra~1\exchsrvr\bin
> 2.  type in:  eseutil /p c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /createstm
>
> Doesn't run and message is:  Usage error: Invalid option '/createstm'.
>
> I must be making a mistake somewhere?  Any help is appreciated.
>
> btw, this is exchange 2000
>
> Dan

mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
sconkey (3059)
6/26/2006 6:36:38 PM
Your syntax was incorrect

eseutil /p /createstm "c:\Program Files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"

Try this one

"danno" wrote:

> Thanks all.  No luck yet.  It turns out tape back up had a defective tape so
> no luck getting a back up copy.  As to suggestion below, here is what I am
> doing:
> 1.  at dos prompt, go to \progra~1\exchsrvr\bin
> 2.  type in:  eseutil /p c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /createstm
>
> Doesn't run and message is:  Usage error: Invalid option '/createstm'.
>
> I must be making a mistake somewhere?  Any help is appreciated.
>
> btw, this is exchange 2000
>
> Dan

Susan,

Ok, read article which made sense.  Printed and followed directions (except
no VirusScan folder in Registry).  Ran eseutil mh program which reported back
message 'Operation completed successfully in 0.500 seconds.'  Then ran
createstm (createstm /p "c:\program files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb") and
again got back same message, 'Usage error:  Invalid option '/createstm'.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Dan

"Susan" wrote:

> you might want to look at this:

> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks all.  No luck yet.  It turns out tape back up had a defective tape
> so
> > no luck getting a back up copy.  As to suggestion below, here is what I am
> > doing:
> > 1.  at dos prompt, go to \progra~1\exchsrvr\bin
> > 2.  type in:  eseutil /p c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /createstm
> >
> > Doesn't run and message is:  Usage error: Invalid option '/createstm'.
> >
> > I must be making a mistake somewhere?  Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > btw, this is exchange 2000
> >
> > Dan

> and all
> data (to
> have the

> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Danno (16)
6/26/2006 7:22:02 PM
did you see the post by mangell@v-concepts.com?  according to the article,
the syntax is:

> Susan,
>
> Ok, read article which made sense.  Printed and followed directions
(except
> no VirusScan folder in Registry).  Ran eseutil mh program which reported
back
> message 'Operation completed successfully in 0.500 seconds.'  Then ran
> createstm (createstm /p "c:\program files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb") and
> again got back same message, 'Usage error:  Invalid option '/createstm'.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Dan
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > you might want to look at this:

> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks all.  No luck yet.  It turns out tape back up had a defective
tape
> > so
> > > no luck getting a back up copy.  As to suggestion below, here is what
I am
> > > doing:
> > > 1.  at dos prompt, go to \progra~1\exchsrvr\bin
> > > 2.  type in:  eseutil /p c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb
/createstm

> > > Doesn't run and message is:  Usage error: Invalid option '/createstm'.
> > >
> > > I must be making a mistake somewhere?  Any help is appreciated.
> > >
> > > btw, this is exchange 2000
> > >
> > > Dan

> > and all
> > data (to
> > have the

> > mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> > mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
sconkey (3059)
6/26/2006 7:26:54 PM
Yes, didn't cite it correctly below, but checked and I typed:  eseutil /p

"Susan" wrote:

> did you see the post by mangell@v-concepts.com?  according to the article,
> the syntax is:
>
> eseutil /p /createstm "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Susan,
> >
> > Ok, read article which made sense.  Printed and followed directions
> (except
> > no VirusScan folder in Registry).  Ran eseutil mh program which reported
> back
> > message 'Operation completed successfully in 0.500 seconds.'  Then ran
> > createstm (createstm /p "c:\program files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb") and
> > again got back same message, 'Usage error:  Invalid option '/createstm'.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > you might want to look at this:
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555146/en-us
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> tape
> > > so
> I am
> /createstm

> file
> > > and all
> exchange
> > > data (to
> > > have the

> > > mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> > > mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Danno (16)
6/26/2006 7:51:02 PM
you're stil missing a "/" before "createstm"...

--

> Yes, didn't cite it correctly below, but checked and I typed:  eseutil /p
> createstm "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"
>
> Dan
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > did you see the post by mangell@v-concepts.com?  according to the
article,
> > the syntax is:
> >
> > eseutil /p /createstm "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Susan,
> > >
> > > Ok, read article which made sense.  Printed and followed directions
> > (except
> > > no VirusScan folder in Registry).  Ran eseutil mh program which
reported
> > back
> > > message 'Operation completed successfully in 0.500 seconds.'  Then ran
> > > createstm (createstm /p "c:\program files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb")
and
> > > again got back same message, 'Usage error:  Invalid option
'/createstm'.

> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > Dan

> > tape
> > I am
> > /createstm

> > file
> > exchange

0
sconkey (3059)
6/26/2006 8:04:13 PM
Sorry, not good a moving from one machine to another to post these notes--I
did have / in front of createstm.  Let me make sure I am putting spaces where
I should:  eseutil space /p space /createstm space "c:\program

"Susan" wrote:

> you're stil missing a "/" before "createstm"...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, didn't cite it correctly below, but checked and I typed:  eseutil /p
> > createstm "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > did you see the post by mangell@v-concepts.com?  according to the
> article,
> > > the syntax is:
> > >
> > > eseutil /p /createstm "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > (except
> reported
> > > back
> and
> '/createstm'.

> defective
> > > tape
> what
> > > I am
> > > /createstm

> '/createstm'.

> priv1.edb
> > > file
> > > exchange
> don't

0
Danno (16)
6/26/2006 8:26:01 PM
is that, indeed, where your priv1.edb is located?

--

> Sorry, not good a moving from one machine to another to post these
notes--I
> did have / in front of createstm.  Let me make sure I am putting spaces
where
> I should:  eseutil space /p space /createstm space "c:\program
> files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"
>
> Dan
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > you're stil missing a "/" before "createstm"...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes, didn't cite it correctly below, but checked and I typed:  eseutil
/p
> > > createstm "c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"
> > >
> > > Dan

> > article,

> > reported
files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb")
> > and
> > '/createstm'.

> > defective
> > what
c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb

> > '/createstm'.

> > priv1.edb
> > don't

mailto:h.pott@getronics.com

0
sconkey (3059)
6/26/2006 8:37:53 PM
Yes, looked at directory structure and it matches the location I identified.

Dan

"Susan" wrote:

> is that, indeed, where your priv1.edb is located?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry, not good a moving from one machine to another to post these
> notes--I
> > did have / in front of createstm.  Let me make sure I am putting spaces
> where
> > I should:  eseutil space /p space /createstm space "c:\program
> > files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > you're stil missing a "/" before "createstm"...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> /p

> > > article,

> directions
> > > reported
> ran
> files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb")
> > > and
> > > '/createstm'.

> > > defective
> is
> > > what
> c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb

> > > '/createstm'.

> appreciated.

> > > priv1.edb
> restore
> we
> > > don't

> http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> mailto:h.pott@getronics.com

0
Danno (16)
6/26/2006 9:35:02 PM
you're using an account that has sufficient Exchange permissions?

--

> Yes, looked at directory structure and it matches the location I
identified.

> Dan
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > is that, indeed, where your priv1.edb is located?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Sorry, not good a moving from one machine to another to post these
> > notes--I
> > > did have / in front of createstm.  Let me make sure I am putting
spaces
> > where
> > > I should:  eseutil space /p space /createstm space "c:\program
> > > files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb"
> > >
> > > Dan

eseutil
> > /p

Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"

> > directions
Then
> > ran
> > files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb")

> > is
> > c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb

> > appreciated.

> > restore
> > we

> > http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> > mailto:h.pott@getronics.com

0
sconkey (3059)
6/26/2006 9:39:40 PM
The account has full admin priviledges.

Dan

"Susan" wrote:

> you're using an account that has sufficient Exchange permissions?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, looked at directory structure and it matches the location I
> identified.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > is that, indeed, where your priv1.edb is located?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > notes--I
> spaces
> > > where

> eseutil
> > > /p

> the

> Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"

> > > directions
> which
> Then
> > > ran
> > > files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb")

> here
> > > is
> > > c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb

> > > appreciated.

> > > restore
> because
> > > we

> > > http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> > > mailto:h.pott@getronics.com

0
Danno (16)
6/26/2006 9:51:02 PM
anything more in the application event log?  there is no .stm file already
present?

--

> The account has full admin priviledges.
>
> Dan
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > you're using an account that has sufficient Exchange permissions?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes, looked at directory structure and it matches the location I
> > identified.
> > >
> > > Dan

> > spaces

> > eseutil

> > the

> > Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"

> > which
> > Then

> > here

> > because

mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com

0
sconkey (3059)
6/26/2006 9:56:33 PM
that is correct.  we ran out of disk space and then exchange we down and
there was no .stm file.  our priv1.edb file has 2.6 gigs.  there were also
log files since the last time we archived outlook (goes back to late January)
although I've moved the log files to another drive to free up space on the c
drive.

Dan

"Susan" wrote:

> anything more in the application event log?  there is no .stm file already
> present?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The account has full admin priviledges.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > you're using an account that has sufficient Exchange permissions?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > identified.

> > > spaces

> > > eseutil

> > > the

> > > Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"

> > > which
> seconds.'
> > > Then

> message

> had a
> below,
> > > here

> option

> the
> we
> > > because

> mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com

0
Danno (16)
6/26/2006 10:08:02 PM
I don't know what else to recommend...if you've followed that article, and
it is still not working, and you need to get this working, I would contact
MS PSS...

--

> that is correct.  we ran out of disk space and then exchange we down and
> there was no .stm file.  our priv1.edb file has 2.6 gigs.  there were also
> log files since the last time we archived outlook (goes back to late
January)
> although I've moved the log files to another drive to free up space on the
> drive.
>
> Dan
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > anything more in the application event log?  there is no .stm file
already
> > present?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The account has full admin priviledges.
> > >
> > > Dan

according

> > seconds.'

> > message

> > had a
> > below,

> > option

> > the
can
> > we

> > mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com

0
sconkey (3059)
6/26/2006 10:15:22 PM
Susan, I just tried to run integrity test (/g) and got this message:  filed
with Jet error -1811.  Am I missing a file?

Dan

"Susan" wrote:

> anything more in the application event log?  there is no .stm file already
> present?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The account has full admin priviledges.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > you're using an account that has sufficient Exchange permissions?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "danno" <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > identified.

> > > spaces

> > > eseutil

> > > the

> > > Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\priv1.edb"

> > > which
> seconds.'
> > > Then

> message

> had a
> below,
> > > here

> option

> the
> we
> > > because

> mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com

0
Danno (16)

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Problem with connecting automatically
I have a little problem with my Outlook. When I start the program it doesn't connect automatically anymore, I have to wait for about a minute. I've tried to change the setting in Tools>Option (General tab/Send recieve mail) but with no luck. ...

Active Directory problems/dcdiag
I have some problems when i do dcdiag. In the directory service I have a lot of Event IDs 1865, 1311, 1312. I tried a lot of articles on the MS Websites, but still can't figure out how to resolve the problem. We have two locations connected over the internet with two VPN servers. One of the sites has a slow 5MB DSL connection. Also notice the Time service error at the end. Any help is appreciated. Domain Controller Diagnosis Performing initial setup: Done gathering initial info. Doing initial required tests Testing server: Location1\MyServer1 Starting test: Connecti...

MSCRM 3.0 importing Chinese character problem
Hi, I use MSCRM 3.0, when importing, found the original Chinese character be changed to odd code, how can I solve this problem? ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 26, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 140 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

Import Problems in Feb 2010
I am using Money 2006, I have 4 accounts that I import transactions to. Two regulary banking accounts work fine. Two credit accounts will no longer import transactions. Actually they import and the account shows there are items to review but the transactions are not visible in the account. I tried deleting the account and re-importing jan/feb but after importing jan, the feb items import ok and 19 items are listed for review but none of them are visible again. I tried deleting again and just imported Feb. A few items came in but not everything and then I could not import J...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

Changing password problem
my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas Eric Are your clients use exchange version of outlook or POP version of outlook? "Eric Graham" <egraham22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#Nl0C$$nEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their > computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 > and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas >...

Cell Formating Problems
This is what I do: I open up a brand new worksheet. I format cell A1 to text. Then I enter the number 1 into it. Then I format the cell to Numeric and the 1 in the cell does not change. it stays as (left justified 1. If I delete the 1 and type a 1 into that cell and hit Enter, it become 1.00 (a number). Whats happening here??? Why doesn't it convert the 1 to a 1.00 when format the cell to numeric? Why do I have to re-enter the number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com brain It was originally entered as Text. Simply re-formatting doesn't change its underlying ...

Reply Problem #2
Can anyone tell me why when you REPLY to any email message, a number "7319" or equivalent appears in the "To" field? This just started happening to some systems with fresh installs of Office 2003/Windows XP. Thank you in advace... ...

Outlook 2003 Time problems
Hello, There are various emails that I receive that aren't getting the time marked correctly in Outlook even though my system time clock is set correctly. I check the time of the emails and there 1 hour behind. Any solutions? Is daylight savings time configured correctly? Also verify that this is set correctly for both the sender and the mail server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jessem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Serious Word Problem
Today my WORD 2007 suddenly refuses to recognize and open either doc or docx formatted files. With doc files I get the error message converter cannot open the document and it talks about converter file mswrd632.wpc needing to be removed and reinstalled. As for docx it says word can't read the information in the file. I am suspicious because of the large number of recent microsoft updates. Can anyone help with this? Hi, Many users are encountering this problem. See the "Known Issues" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 . -- Hope this helps, Pes...

Problems in viewing Report
Hi we have installed the SQL and CRM in 2 different servers, running on win 2003. I face a problem when viewing reports as it keeps popping up dialog box for username and password which when not given gives a "page cannot be displayed" error. can anybody let me know why the logon request for report section is prompted. I tried to fiddle around with report section datasource, by selecting various options and it works only when a AD user is given in the credential section, since the user's password is prone for expiry, it will be risky to give that option. This is because i...

Very strange laptop battery problem?
my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL and its about 7 months old. Whenever i would put my battery charger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge it when it's put on shutdown/sleep/hibernate the LED light (The lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way? -- gamobigz -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Win2008 R2 Hyper V problem
Hi, I have virtualised a win2003 server that has SQL server 2000 running on it. The parent OS, WIn2008R2, blows up intermittently with a BSOD when the VM is running. I have removed the empty SCSI device from the VM as I read that can cause the problem but it still blows up. Is there any chance that Hyper V can be made to run reliably or am I just wasting my time? Thanks Bob bob wrote: > Hi, > I have virtualised a win2003 server that has SQL server 2000 running > on it. > > The parent OS, WIn2008R2, blows up intermittently with a BSOD when > the...

Cannot resolve names to new users
Situation: EX2k on W2k svr. There is a DC svr, a file/app svr and the EX svr. I replaced the old EX server(1 Oct) and kept name the same per Q297289. Mail is flowing. Now the Domain Administrator mail account does not resolve. New user account names do not resolve either. I noticed in license manager that a second instance of Exchange2k is showing and transferred the licenses to it. The original instance is: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server the newly installed instance is MSExchangeIS 6.4417 All updates and sp's were applied before bringing the new server online. Today I ra...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

please resolve
please resolve this problem, iam not able to start the excahnge server services. the error is :error 1068:the dependency service or group failed to start We need more details in order to assist you. What version of Exchange are you using? What services are started? What services are not started? What error events are logged in your Application log? Please include the event ID, Source, and Description. Thanks -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS...

Unable to send a .zip attachment
Hi, I use an exchange server 2003 in my organization. The attachment size is set to 5MB. When I try to send a mail with 800KB .zip attachment to a google account, it gets returned The error is Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 2/9/2005 10:18 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: lasantha@gmail.com on 2/9/2005 10:36 AM The recipient could not be processed because it would violate the security policy in force <abc.com#5.7.0 smtp;552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment> I use ISA 2000 as my firewall and I have enabled S...

problems with tabs
after installing service pack one for Office XP I lost all my tabs in a previous publication. I put them back in and the next time I opened it, they were missing again. The tabs stops are there, just not the tabs only a few spaces. Appears to be a problem with no resolve. -- Hi Wilma (wfreshwater@jam.rr.com) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || after installing service pack one for Office XP || I lost all my tabs in a previous publication. I put them || back in and the next time I opened it, they were missing || again. The tabs stops are there, just not the tabs only a || few ...

re-install of Office Standard running Windows 7
I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I tried to find a fix but didn't...I decided to uninstall Office. I then tried to re-install and got an error to type a string in the run to get info for customer support. this does not work file not found. If you installed Office from the cd the only thing you are required to enter is the Key "56Triumph T 110" <56TriumphT110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA69BAFD-48D0-4882-93AA-29770AADB4F6@microsoft.com... > I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I trie...

Lookup Problem #2
Hello, I use this formula to sum numbers. I am trying to use the same formul to return text. What do I have to replace sum with? {=SUM(IF(A2>=Sheet2!$E$1:$E$51,IF(Sheet1!A2<=Sheet2!$F$1:$F$51,Sheet2!$G$1:$G$51,0)))} Thanks Gre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi thre's no such build-in function. How do you want to 'Sum' text values?. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gbonda >" <<Gbonda.19r3p8@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Gbonda.19r3p8@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, > > I use this form...

Search/Lookup Problem
Hi, I have a large list of invoice numbers, for which there can be more than 1 set of data, and I have no other value that could be used as a lookup value etc. Given something like: Col A Col B Row 1 123354 20 Row 2 114868 1235 Row 3 123354 400 Row 4 123354 546 Row 5 194583 2 How could I get separate sheet to lookup the invoice numbers in Col A, then return the respective Col B value, without returning the same number twice, eg 123354 20 123354 400 123354 546 114868 1235 194583 2 Any help would be greatfully received. Cheers Simon "Si...

Problems sending email #2
Ok I can't quite figure out what the problem is with why I can't send emails. If I do a test email through the email account setup it goes through fine. When I send an email this is the error message that comes up. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 2/3/2007 3:57 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'djc122984@aol.com' on 2/3/2007 3:57 PM 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. It does this no matter what email address I send a message to. I...