RE: Mailbox Management (Enterprise Vault) to PST Broken Links

Wow, that's some very sarcastic and unhelpful replies. If I decided to write such a response I'd certainly not promote myself as an MVP in the same message !!

Nevertheless, the short answer is that Enterprise Vault does not support this, from the user's end, anyway.

The administrator's interface will permit exporting mailbox archives.

However, for an end user the only real option is to restore all the messages back into the mailbox, then manually sift through and copy the desired messages into a new PST file - which doesn't work for a regular weekly backup.

To the rude MVPs who responded: I think there are valid reasons for what the original poster requested.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
0
David

HELP! Design Review & Risk Management topics (in ASP projects) required
Hi, I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: * Project Design Review * Project Risk Management Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? Any help will be much appreciated. On 9/6/2010 8:12 AM, gangestech wrote: > Hi, > > I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: > > * Project Design Review > * Project Risk Management > > Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? > > Any help will be much appreciated. > <http://www.dofactory.com/Fra...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

Re: How to get all mails, even those for unknown recipient
Yes, good idea :) It is all i need (for example http://www.christensen-software.com/cscatchall.htm) But i wish those NDR are generated. To inform user that used address might be misstyped Is it posible to combine catchall mailbox with a ability of standard NDR generating? TIA Martin Blackstone - MVP wrote / napisal(a): > I think you are talking a Catch All mailbox. > Check this out > http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2005/04/creating-catch-all-mailbox-in-exchange.html > > > "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:OoSFMGZhGHA.12...

ISP broken when E-Mail with attachments is sent
I am using Outlook 2002, I recently have had problems sending E-Mails with attachments. It began with attachments larger than 100K, a week later I can't sent one with a 5KB attachment. I have contacted Verizon(my DSL provider and they tell me it is my software. I have Juno and I can sent the same attachments tirectly thru Juno without going thru Outlook. Can anyone help me? Do you get any error messages when you try to send attachments? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

Over Re-Indexing databases 2147217900
Hi Am getting the following error on a customer site, how can I fix this? could not allocate space for object '(system table id: 2)' in database RMS_ST_customer because primary file group is full C drive had 5GB space on server Other drive has 160GB 2GB RAM Properties of database: unrestricted file growth by 10% automatically grow file The recovery mode is set to simple -- Jenny hi Jennydat, Can you check how big your database is, second what version of SQL Server you are using if MSDE it is not accpeting more than 2 GB space. Make sure to check the data file and log files. &...

Won't go to link
Firefox 2.0 & Outlook 2003 When I have a link in an email to a certain website it does not go there when I click on it. I assume this is a setting in Firefox or Outlook. Help please. Thanks... Bob Bob Newman <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote: > Firefox 2.0 & Outlook 2003 > > When I have a link in an email to a certain website it does not go > there when I click on it. I assume this is a setting in Firefox or > Outlook. See if something here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/firefox.htm -- Brian Tillman That is not it. I don't get any error messa...

RE: Use this critical package for Internet Explorer
--hmrlmpxejw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg"; type="multipart/alternative" --enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hsqxuryiiedx" --hsqxuryiiedx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect y...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

Question re:clustered column w/3D visual effect
I have Excel 2003 Why wont the 3D chart allow you to drag it more open? There is a large open area between the left side and the axis that looks jerky :) In a plain clustered column chart you can click inside to make the frame appear and drag it larger or smaller as you desire. In the 3D, clicking only allows you to change the angles of the 3D box. Am I missing something? thanks, Meenie This should be a hint to avoid the 3D effects. 3D charts are inflexible, but more important, the 3D effects mask the information in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

re-download MS Money instructions??
I purchased and "installed" MS Money Deluxe today on the Internet. I have the order confirmation and codes in hand. After removing my prior version of Money Deluxe 2006 ..I received a message saying that Money could not "install files needed" and for me to "re-download the program". Where/how do I "re-download: the program? the M S Money page that I found tells me to get the code and purchase information in hand...but..stops there. Is there a site I go to re- download? thanks for any help. Rich In microsoft.public.money, rich wrote: >I pur...

Requisition Management
I am suggesting that the Requisition Management documentation be more complete - specifically in the area of covering the migration from eReq to RM. I've seen pretty good examples of migration documentation and "What's New" information with Great Plains 8.0 and with Grant Management. I am suggesting that there be more consistency with this level of documentation across all modules and products. The Requisition Management documentation could especially use some improvements in this area. For example, please include answers to the following questions in the RM Doc: What...

Links won't work in emailed enewsletter, help!
Some links in my e-newletter are unactive when I email it. I've tried to secure the text box with an exact position by going to the text box format options and it won't even let me select this as an option. Any other suggestions? For hyperlinks to work the newsletter has to be HTML. Have you tried using a PDF for your newsletter? You can make the hyperlinks active in a PDF file. Do this search for a free converter. Not all of them have the feature you want. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JulieCCD&qu...

System Attendant Mailbox #3
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 5.5 Sp4 server on w2k maschine. But I don't see my System Attendant Mailbox even if I receive mails from it. Could someone say me what is wrong? Thanks a lot for any help. Mitsi Where are you looking to view the system attendant mailbox? If you haven't tried look in mailbox resources and it should be there. -- Tyrone Cowart Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "mitsi" <anonymous...

reality check: 1GB mailboxes?
Is anyone else getting pressure to compete with GMail and offer 1GB mailboxes to their Exchange Server 2003 users? To me, Exchange is a messaging/collaboration platform, not a file server. The issue I'm faced with lately is file attachments on email messages. They can be anywhere from 20KB to 50MB (or more). Limiting the file attachment size means finding an alternative to sending/receiving files that don't make the cut. Since sending email with attachments is so pervasive and easy (albeit, insecure), asking users to send/receive files another way could result in a decrease in ...

Problem linking excel charts in word
I have linked an excel chart into a word document by pasting special as a link. It looks fine when I paste it. I close the application and when I open it again the chart is cut off on the left, and sometimes at the top. It's as if the chart itself is off the edge of the frame it is sitting in. The chart in excel is perfectly OK. I can edit the excel chart, and edits are updated in the word document when links are updated, but it doesn't change the position of teh chart, so it's still cutting off part of the chart. The chart is on it's own sheet rather than being i...

PST size #4
I know there's an upper limit on PST size and have been thinking of starting to make my PST files a yearly thing so I'd have 2005.pst at the end of this year and start on 2006.pst next year. Now the thought occurs to me that, maybe, my plan won't work if, in fact, the limit is for the total pst files. So, the question is, is the size limited to the total number of pst files one has or for each pst file individually? On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:10:02 -0300, "Tim Scott Mathews" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote: >I know there's an upper limit on PST size and have ...

Receiving mail to a unexisting mailbox
I have a very annoying problem, let me explain you: I had a long with other company 2 domains on the same exchange 2000; on that server we had some mailboxes. Meanwhile we have bought our own mail server, I have installed exchange 2003 and server 2003, and create just a part of the mailboxes, meanwhile some of the people left and we didn�t need it. Let�s say on the old server we had the mailbox old@domain.com but on the new server I didn�t even create this mailbox. The weird part is that a mailbox from the domain, just one (let�s say new@domain.com) receives spam emails that is addres...

Error: "The Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged".
Hi, When I click Payment Document Setup or Payment Document User Preference in the Purchasing and the sales module then get the eror: "The Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged". Thanks. From your other thread Sadique - You are looking at Payment Document Setup and Payment Document User Preference under Purchasing Setup, correct? There is another Payment Document Setup under Setup>Company in the Administration Setup window in V10 or Tools>Setup>Company>Payment Document Setup in V9. This is the Payment Document Setup I was referring to. Give that a...

HELP!! How to formula the "sheet" link
Hi , I have a workbook contains 1+50 worksheet, I want to link each sheet number to sheet one, besides manually change the sheet # in the formula =SUM('sheet02'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet02'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet03'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet03'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet04'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet04'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet05'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet05'!$H$26) ..... up to sheet 50... Can someone help me to automatic it in anyway? Thank you very much!!!! Nicole Try a formula like the following: =SUM(INDIRECT("Sheet"&TEXT(ROW()-4+2,&...

Link footer of one file to cells in another file
Is this possible? Only via code... Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm If you want to read more about these kinds of events: Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm Laura wrote: > > Is this po...

MS Small Business Manager and CRM
Does anyone know if there is a way to link MS Small Business Manager with CRM? We are planning on marketing both products. Thank You, Barry Sunshine 21cs Century Solutions ...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

How to get task manager CPU and default memory column values
I need to return CPU and memory columns for each process in server from web service like task manager shows by default. I tried code below but s.TotalProcessorTime throws Win32exception with stack below. How to get CPU and real memory size from server using web service ? Andrus. static void Processes(StringBuilder sb) { List<Process> processes = new List<Process>(); foreach (Process process in Process.GetProcesses()) processes.Add(process); processes.Sort((a, b) => { ...