Re: Finding an SMTP Address in Exchnage Server 2003

forgot to specify that in the box where you type in the address, preface it
with "smtp:"

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message news:...
> in ADUC, you can query for this address...on the "advanced" tab of the
query
> dialogue box, specify proxyaddresses is exactly then specify the address
> you're looking for...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Petester" <Petester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and from
> Windows
> > NT 4.0 Server to Windows 2003 and Active Directory.
> >
> > Prior to the migration I had a mailbox in Exchange 5.5 that was not
> attached
> > to a "Primary Windows Account" This was a shared mailbox and permissions
> were
> > assigned to various users.
> >
> > This mailbox seems to have disappeared in Exchange 2003. I suspect as it
> was
> > not logged into while we had an SRS Server during migration.
> >
> > However it's SMTP email address still exists and I now need to use it
> again.
> >
> > IS there anyway I can search Exchange so that it shows me which AD
object
> > this address is attached to?
> >
> > I need to revcoer the mailbox and attach it to an AD account.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Peter R Snowling
> > Network Administrator
> > Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service

0
sconkey (3059)

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Edge transport Server antiSpam
Hi all, I have recently installed a exchange 07 server for hub transport and most other server funtions, however I also installed an Edge transport server in my dmz. I am using a third party anti spam and anti virus packages. Should the anti spam go on the edge server and the anti virus go on the hub server since the hub server also contains the mail store? Thanks in advance cowen Most anti-spam stuff happens at the transport - the idea being to keep as much spam out of mail stores (and thereby users' mailboxes). Having said that, that's a question best answered by your anti-sp...

SMTP Service on CRM Server?
Hello Everyone, I'm just looking for a yes/no answer. Is it OK for me to enable the SMTP service on my 2003 CRM Server? I don't see why it would cause any problems but I wanted to poll the group before proceeding. I need SMTP to send automatic emails after a post-callout. Thanks in advance! Regards, -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia I had a customer who had the SMTP service running on the CRM server to enable a POP3 connector and I did not see any side effects...so my vote is 'Yes'. C "Razorback" <Razorback@discussions.mic...

Outlook 2002
I know almost everyone has seen this problem with the "Requesting data from MS Exchange Server" blinking on Outlook 2002. I have this problem and another problem that i've never seen before, so any help would be very appreciative. One of my users are getting this error "Requesting data from MS Exchange Server" but when looking close, it's looking for the wrong server! This person can get their email just fine and everything works in outlook. Just every once in a while this "Requesting..." will pop up with the wrong server name. Any ideas on how to fix this...

Last Exchange 5.5 Server not properly removed
I have the following problem removing the last Exchange 5.5 Server in our organisation: I have followed the steps described in KB 822450. When I view the organisation with the Exchange 5.5 Administrator Tool, the deleted server seems to be gone. However, with Exchange 2003 Systems Manager, it still appears under "Servers" and as part of the Routing Group. The Active Directory Connector throws an LDAP 8026 Error every 5 minutes for every connection agreement, Exchange MTA comes up with an error 9318 (1753) every ten minutes. We have one Exchange 2003 Server and one 5.5 Server i...

Terminal server CRM Outlook Sessions affects CRM desktop outlook
Hi; CRM 4: I have a user who uses Outlook CRM client both on her desktop and on her Terminal Server session (not at the same time). She has a problem in that the CRM toolbar and tracking becoming disabled on the desktop when she has been using CRM Outlook via the terminal server. I have looked at her CRM settings using the Terminal Server CRM client and it has the "use this client for synchronisation tick box" greyed out but with a tick in it. I would have thought that this should not be ticked as it is not the main CRM Outlook tool for the user. Any help greatly appreciated....

Outlook and news server details...
Does anyone know where, on-line you can get the details that allow you to read these newsgroup messages in Outlook Express, rather than on the web? Like the "proper" group names and the likes... As always, thanks in advance to use Outlook Express (or any other news client) to read the Microsoft newsgroups, use msnews.microsoft.com as the server name. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http...

SMTP Connector question...
Hey all, In E2K3 when I created an SMTP connector and assigned a smarthost to it that connector expected the smarthost to never refuse mail (i.e. for that smarthost to be a store and forward type mechanism). When that wasn't the case, and the connector attempted to send mail and got a deferral the connector would die and start queueing mail (eventually, it would retry based on the retry settings and over time the mail would get delivered). In 2K3 this was not the case with SMTP Virtual servers as they did not fail when a deferral was issued. My question is whether or not thi...

Cant open PDF in OWA 2003
Hi, If I receive a PDF attachment from someone on my Exchange 2003 SP2 server I have to save it to the local disk to view it. However, if I receive a PDF attachment from the Internet I am able to view it right insde of the OWA window and don't have to save it to the local disk. Any ideas? Thanks If you're using Adobe Reader v6 or earlier, go to v7.0.9 or v8. We had a similar issue where people could not open a link to a PDF file from Outlook and updating Adobe Reader fixed it. Ray "poguemahone" <poguemahone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ACCC...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

How to find all the properties associated with an object
In VBA when you type something like Sheets and then a period you are given a dropdown list of what can be associated with Sheets. I have on many occassions had great help from many in this group that give instances such as "ActiveSheet.ShowAllData" where typing in ActiveSheet and the period reveals no such list. Is there somewhere or somehow a method that I can get the full (or fullish) list where the objects' properties are not given? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@nospamdodo.nospamcom.nospamau> wrote... .... >where typing in ActiveSheet and the period reveals n...

Installing SBS SP1 after Windows 2003 SP2 ?
Hi, I have a Small Business Server 2003 that has had 'Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2' installed on it but 'Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1' has NOT been installed on it. I found this out by running Best Practices Analyzer in preparation for migrating to Small Business Server 2008. Having SBS SP1 installed is one of the 2008 pre-requisites. Are there any issues with installing SBS SP1 after Window 2003 SP2 ? Regards Michael Shouldn’t be any problem. Just follow the procedures in the following (multi-page) article: How to install ...

Keeping both Office 2003 and 2010
Hi Guys, I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software without removing the old one. Thanks :) Dual Boot operating systems. A.P. wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and > 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software > without removing the old one. > > Thanks :) Hi AP, Theoretically yes, but I don't recommend trying it with the 2010 beta. -- Cheers ...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

Re: color in ERD diagram ?
Yes it did help, many thanks again. However, it would be really helpful if we could define more properties directly in the definition of the table stored in Visio, like - Fields: Yes/No appear in the diagram - Fields: Format (color, bold, etc...) Do we have any way to customize the application given with the ERD tool of Visio ? "RA" <asdf@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402d51f1$1@news.microsoft.com... > To change the grey background, > 1. Highlight shape \ Window \ show shapesheet > 2. Find the cell "SelectMode" in Group Properties section. > 3....

question re international characters in e-mail message
I have my keyboard set up as US - International. For me to type the Euro symbol, I simply press CTRL + ALT + 5 and I see €. I just now responded to an e-mail where I could not enter that symbol. I created a new e-mail message and there was no problem for me to enter that symbol. Can someone else's e-mail message have a built in limitation that precludes me from responding using that symbol .... or was this a one time glitch? Thanks, Dave Horne You might have additional keyboard layouts/languages installed which doesn't support that character. See http://www.msoutlook.info/...

Outlook 2003 is better than I thought
Is this the latest version? At first I wanted to stay with Eudora but after using this I can understand why Eudora is no longer beign sold in stores. Although it was my first pop3 client, Outlook 2003 is many times better. However I do miss Pure Voice. But most did not use this, and most will not (because of the advent of cell phones). But then again Pure Voice was nice for sending voice mails to overseas people. John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heave...

Finding Memory Leaks
Hi all, I have a MFC/C++ Application developed. I see a lot of Memory Leaks Dump in the Visual Studio output window when run the app via the debugger. My application consists of an exe, and a few DLLs. The DLLs are loaded by the exe using LoadLibrary. And any memory leaks are in any of the DLLs, there is no info like where in the sourcecode (file name and line number) where the leak was caused. All that I see is the number of bytes of leaked. Whereas, any leak in the EXE shows exact info about file name and line number. Any help/tips/suggestions to help me solve the memo...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

insert>video option is grayed out in frontpage 2003
the option is grayed out on the menu. Take a look at this article: How to insert a video in FrontPage 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825508/en-us -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Spider Web Woman Designs http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "pagewest" wrote: > the option is grayed out on the menu. ...

How do I setup a name, home address and phone to automatically at.
when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone number that automatically appeared on my outgoing email. How do I setup the same for "Outlook" email which I recently purchased with Office 2003 Professional? Set it up in your signature, it's in the tools/options of Outlook. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Robert C. Sollars" wrote: > when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone numb...

Upgrading 2k to 2003
I have bought a new server which i would like to install and run Exchange 2003. I currently am running Exchange 2k. How can i upgrade, and move all mailboxes, public folders to the new server running Exchange 2k? Also I have some remote users who will need to connect directly to information store as if they were sitting at the home office. In Exchange 2k you could open the RPC on the firewall and make some configuration changes in the registry of the exchange server, to make this happen. Doesnt Exchange 2003 use RPC over HTTP for this? if so how can i make this work for my remote users so ...