RE: Contacts and recovery

Is there a way you can recover a contact that has been deleted from a public
folder?

Thanks,
Rich Hall

0
rhall (15)

if you have DIR configured, it's simple...if you're a folder owner, just use
"Tools", "Recover deleted items"...what version of Exchange?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Rich Hall" <rhall@spectrumcontract.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way you can recover a contact that has been deleted from a
> public folder?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich Hall

0
sconkey (3059)

Re: Keeping a SUM filed clear Until All Numbers Entered
Thanks for the helpful replies. Carl -- If you can read this, thank a teacher.... If you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran..... ...

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

Re: Calculate Problem
1) ON MY EXCEL WORKSHEET AT THE BOTTOM, AFTER �READY�,I KEEP GETTIN �CALCULATE�. AS A RESULT, MY FORMULAS TAKE SO LONG TO PERFORM AND ALS UNABLE TO GO TO ANOTHER CELL EXCEPT I PRESS THE EXC KEY. HOW DO I TUR IT AND MINIMIZE THE TIME IT TAKES FOR MY FORMULAS TO PERFORM TH TASK. 2) THE RESPOND YOU GAVE ME ON HOW TO PASTE UNTO MULTIPLE SHEETS ON TH SAME WORKBOOK AT THE SAME TIME VIA HOLDING THE SHIFT KEY THE SELLECTING THE SHEETS AND THEN PASTE DOES NOT WORK . ANY OTHER METHO PLEASE. THANK YOU -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com #1. I figure excel takes as long as it needs...

How can i track re-assigned contacts
I need help to keep track of re-assigned contacts in the CRM.Any help is greatly appreciated -- IT Manager By default when you assign a contact to some one else you automatically are assigned rights to the specific contact. You should still have access to those contacts. But what exactly do you mean with tracking a contact. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/technical.aspx Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl "Melvin F" wrote: > I need help to keep track of re-assigned contacts in the CRM.Any help is > greatly appr...

Outlook Contacts Duplicate
When entering new info for contacts and saving it in outlook, sometimes a box comes up saying that I have made changes and what do I want to do with those changes. Other times, it just duplicates the contacts. My question is why is that box not coming up all the time? Thanks for help! From the Outlook help file (search term: "duplicate contacts"): "If you save a contact with the same name or e-mail name as one that already exists in your Contacts folder, Microsoft Office Outlook displays a dialog box with options to either add the duplicate contact as a new c...

OL2000 Contacts problem
I use Outlook 2000 with Windows XP. More recently, an odd problem has developed. When inputting a new name and address, I properly populate respective 'Name' fields with title/initial(s)/surname so, for example, the full name should appear as Mr. & Mrs. J. Bloggs. For the 'Save as' field, I would input Bloggs, Jimmy & Jane. I then Save and Close. The next time I view that particular contact, or print an address label, the first line (full name) of the address, Mr & Mrs. J. Bloggs, will have been replaced by the Save As name in reverse, Jimmy & Jane Bloggs....

Re: Conversion from 123 to Excel
I just want to give a public thanks to all the people that give advice on here that is given to me and others on these boards. Because without this help I wouldn’t have been able to convert the last company’s report from 123 to Excel. You folks on here are awesome. Thanks again Steve ...

Using A Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas
Hi can any one help me with a Macro/VBA code to re-set formulas in pre-defined set of cells i.e. in my case C14:C40 At present I have a copy of the Formulas in another part of th worksheet and when I want to reset the worksheet (as the user can ove right the formulas as the formula is based on either the sum of anothe two cells or the users input) I use a Macro to copy and paste (special the formulas. What I require is a Macro/VBA Code which already has the formula store in the actual Macro/VBA code i.e. so they are not stored as copy in m worksheet Ay help would be greatly appreciated T...

Vendor Contact Email Address
I would like to add the vendor email contact email address to the PO Blank Format (V10) Anyone have suggestions on how to do this? -- Doug Good morning Doug You can add a calculated field using the system function RW_GetInternetInfo in Report Writer. You can refer to technowledge 874102 for doing that. -- Patrick B. "Doug" wrote: > I would like to add the vendor email contact email address to the PO Blank > Format (V10) > > Anyone have suggestions on how to do this? > -- > Doug Customer source isnt working again.... Thanks for the response! I am a...

sharing sub directory contact lists
I have a problem where if a make a new contact list under the default conacts and share the list and give permissions for a user to access it, when the user tries to open the list using outlook, open another users data, I get a message saying the oject cannot be found. If I share the default contact list and try and access it it works fine. This is the same for inboxs as well does anyone know why this is and can I fix it? Jake In news:3D1F7F26-CD1A-4BAB-B9D1-501C9394E307@microsoft.com, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a problem where if a make a new cont...

Contacts Permissions Problem
Hi- I am running OL2003 on WinXP & 2k with Exchange 2k. I have a large public folder of contacts. I can edit all of them. I created a new user, gave her owner permissions on the folder, but she cannot edit many of the contacts. When she opens them, they show as <read only>. Today I was researching this and I found something interesting - some of the records show Outlook Version 10, and others show Outlook Version 11. It turns out that the recs that are version 10 can be edited by the new user, but those that are version 11 can only be opened as read only. I tried to change the ve...

Time Stamping
I like to always know when a particular entry was made. So if I have a new contact, I can have some automatic process whereby when I hit "SAVE" it will put a date somewhere . Along those lines -- keeping the information regarding when I sent and when they sent a message last is important. but it isn't included in the DB or .vcf - I have to reload my 2200 contacts from time-to-time and when I do, that data is lost. Is there another way to ensure that I can keep this data? TIA Bruce' Using Office 2008 ...

Importing ACT v5/2000 Contacts AND Notes into Outlook 2003
Hi I am trying to import ACT 2000 contacts (including notes) into Outlook 2003 and the notes are not coming in. I have exported 3 records into a little separate ACT v5 database format and verified that the 3 records have notes in them. Then I have tried to import this database into a new Outlook profile and though the Contacts appears, the notes do not Any ideas Thanks in advanc Nitesh Two suggestions: Try using Access as an intermediary between ACT and Outlook. That way, you can check if notes truly do appear in the export (I have not had luck with transferring notes and I have done this...

Re: server and client threads #2
On 2/3/2005 1:48 PM, RSN_@_COMCAST.NET wrote to ALL: -> When you spawn the child thread you ordinarily pass it a parameter. -> What I do is make that parameter a pointer to the instance of the -> server class that spawned the child. That way, the child can easily -> notify its parent about any special events that may be useful. -> Termination is one such case! I also find it very useful to send a -> stream of diagnostic and debugging information to the parent who can -> display it, log it, or ignore it depending on circumstances. Good point. Now since my server thread...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Picture missing and unable to re-insert?
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kier...

Exchange Mailbox
I have a client who uses Outlook at his office in conjunction with Exchange Server and Outlook at home with a totally separate POP3 mailbox and email address. He wishes to be able to see his Office Calendar and Contacts on his home machine but does not want his office mail delivered or synchronized with his home machine or visa versa. I have set up an Exchange Mailbox on his home machine and can access the Calendar and Contacts but have not found a way to stop the Mailbox picking up the email from the Exchange Server. I have tried every setting i can think of including modifying the Send an...

make journal entry for a contact that is open
For managing my business contacts, I like Outlook 2003 functionality better than 2007. How would I safely go about going back to 2003 (I have the cd) without loosing my data. I recently bought and upgraded to Outlook 2007 and don't like it as well. Back up the PST, uninstall outlook 2007, reboot, install 2003. Note that if you are using Office, you'll lose some functionally if the versions don't match. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

RE: Error when initializing Dynamics DB in 6.0
Hello: A colleague of mine is having some issues with installing and upgrading from 6.0 to 9.0. Obivously, 6.0 is no longer supported so I thought that I would post her e-mail here. Below is her e-mail. Any help would be appreciated: I’m doing a 6.0 to 9.0 upgrade, and moving servers. I have loaded 6.0 on the new machine, and am trying to create the DYNAMICS db. I get the message below when I try to create it: It seems to point to the tempdb not being big enough. I have increased the db & log size to > 200MB (docs say Dynamics needs 50). GP is of no help, b/c they do not ...

Re: Account Won't Show Up on Home Page as a Favorite
For some reason this message appears to have been deleted from the server. I'm reposting it. Kevin "Kevin Campbell" <kcampbel@nospam.midmaine.com> wrote in message news:... > I have a Home Equity Line of Credit account that, for some reason, will not > show up on my list of favorite accounts on the Home page in Money 2003. In > the account details I have the Add to Favorites checkbox checked and under > the Favorite Accounts menu item it does show up. Also, when I am in the > account register view and I click on the account name to drop the list of > ac...

Recovery Console 03-04-10
I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in msconfig/boot.ini to the origianl boot, the line in c:\boot.ini disappeared. As to uninstall the Recovery Console you need to delete that line and two folders in the root directory, I decided to complete the task. However, I am unable to get rid of cmdcons. Can anyone help? Thanks JB Please, ignore. I found solution. Thank you "JB" <open@closed.com> escreveu na mensagem news:OrcmLs7uKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I had Recovery Console installed, but as I ticked the box in ...

Outlook will not start
So I try to start outlook and get the hourglass but nothing. Task manager shows nothing, but something MS Office Application Recovery shows it is running - twice! Whatsup with that? Ron Check the processes tab... are there two entries for DW20.EXE? Try starting Outlook in Safe mode -Select Start | Run -Enter outlook.exe /Safe (note the space between ".exe" and "/Safe") -Select OK Does it do the same thing? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook vers...

Reverting to Custom Outlook 2003 Contact Form
Somehow I have managed to create a Custom Form and when I open a Contact I get a message that Form cannot be read and will be opened in Outlook. I recall a message about a change to a .dot template and had trouble getting rid of this message so I suspect I saved an unplanned Custom Form. I would be grateful for any advice on how to revert the Contacts to the original standard Outlook Form. -- Neil@UK ..dot files are Word templates, generally unrelated to Outlook custom forms, so your scenario is a little confusing. To find out whether the items are indeed using a custom fo...

Outlook Contacts always suggests "Custom Form Cannot Be Opened"
Dear All, I have ascertained by searching "Message Class Field" that all contacts in the search come up as found. Therefore I think somehow I have put in place a Custom Form and would like Outlook to go back to using the default / standard form. Thank you for any further Help. Yours sincerely, -- Neil@UK Get http://www.publicshareware.com/download/DocMessageClass.zip and use it to change the message class back to the default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sli...

OL2000 disabling inplace editing for contact lists and task lists, etc #3
hi Can someone please help me with this one: I manage a small SBS2000 instalation (20 users) running outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. Outlook 2000 has the annoying feature that whenever you click on an item in a task list or contact list and start typing, you modify the contens of the item (without noticing). This happens often in the company and has recently resulted in inadvertedly destructing critical information contained in public contacts and tasks folders. I would like to know if there is a way to disable this in place editing feature, making changes to items only possible if you doub...