Re: Changing domain password via RPC over HTTP #3

Hi Mark,

Do you mean that enabling changing password in OWA (on the RPC proxy server)
is equivalent to enabling changing password via RPC/HTTP?

Thanks!

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:25:09 +0800, "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Having a FE RPC/HTTP proxy server, and users connected via HTTP.
> >The Exchange servers are in a Resource domain, and user accounts are in
> >Accounts domain.
> >These are remote users, whose clients are not part of the Accounts
domain.

> >When they're prompted to change domain password (first logon), they're
> >unable to do so.
> >Outlook 2003 gave back the same prompting window, until their account get
> >locked out.
> >
> >Does Outlook connect to the Accounts domain DCs directly for password
> >changes, or does it goes through the RPC proxy server?
> >
> >TIA
> >Shel
> >

> You need to make sure you can change the password in OWA first:
> http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/42691/42691.html
> before looking to Outlook RPC/HTTPS
> Can you check that out and advise...

0
shel1 (9)

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #3
How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments" Thanks, Stephen Some options here http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "spike" <stephen@just4u.ie> wrote in message news:090201c35c10$19100be0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I allow Level 1 files into Outlook 2002, I keep > getting the following message "Outlook blocked access to > the following potentially unsafe attachments" > > Thanks, > > Stephen ...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Background changes conditionally
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that shows the floor plan layout of my call centre. On each desk, the desk number and identity are displayed. I would like to colour the background for those pcs that are on the same subnet. I have a sheet called data - it contains Table Number, Desk Number, PC ID, IP Address. How could I get it to change the background colour if the pc is on subnet 162, and set a different colour for those on subnet 167 any ideas? -- PeterG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule
like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance. First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the larger groups to rotate to the next shift. Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the last time. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft...

find match then change cell value

OWA - change password
Getting the "Object Required" error, when somebody is trying to change their password through OWA. (Win2003/Ex FE 2003) Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA! / Per Did you follow the steps in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 ? -- Pablo D. Vernocchi Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSA + M / MCSE + Sec https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8E94A6C0-F6D9-4686-96D5-04230CC0141F http://www.itpros.com.ar http://www.msglue.org http://msmvps.com/exchangebloglatino "Per Hagstrom" <per.hagstrom@swic.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Ojo%23EozNHHA.1240@TK2...

iisadmpwd change pw gives error
Just cannot get password change to work on Exchange2003 (front-end server) & IIS 6.0 Is this a known issue Any help would be greatly appreciated. It could be that you are not (yet) allow to change your password either because password change is prohibited or because user has to wait for x days before he is allowed to change his password (domain policies). Whenever you reset a password for a user and the 'Cannot change pass before X days' is enforced, the user is not allowed to change it. David. "ss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change
I'd like to make a template that sets up some standard headers and formatting for new Word documents for a night school course I'm enrolled in. Among other requirements for all papers is to put the date the paper was created at the top. I'd furthermore like it so that if I need to reopen the document after creating it to say print another copy, the date written at the top will not change. In other words, when I create a new document using the template the current date is put near the top, but when I subsequently open the file for editing or reprinting it does NOT automat...

Frequency #3
I'm using excel with phstat add-in. How do I graph so that the units of the variable are along the x-axis and just the count or frequency is along the y-axis? Secondly, how would I get excel to plot or i.d. the mean and the standard deviation units along the x-axis? Thanks for your help. wrace. Wrace - You might need to devote an additional section of your worksheet to condition the data for plotting. I don't know about phstat, so I don't know how extensively you will need to adjust your data. To put a vertical line where the mean and SD are located, check out this web pa...

Public Folder acces right for user from other domain
Hi, I need to make a public folder accesible for users drom another domain. I have read that this can be done by configuring the folder as a publicly available newsgroup but how do I do this? Mario ...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

auto fill in data when changing fields
i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me where i need to do this, thanks -- j.hardy you can modify the mappings of the corresponding relationship "moon" wrote: > i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to > grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me > where i need to do this, thanks > -- > j.hardy ...

Default email addresses keep changing.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I upgraded to version 12.2.4 and every so often the default email addresses that I have chosen, switch to another email address such as the default was Home and is now Office. Even after I change them back, it can change again. <br> This is a problem because when I compose an email, I now have to be very careful which default address appears so that I send the email to the right place! <br> We have more than one Mac. I run Office Business; some use Student/Teacher. Some use S...

Setting up Outlook sync with RPC over http
I'm trying to setup my Outlook installation to sync with my school Outlook servers. The IT administration has hinted that it's possible and some students have figured out how to accomplish this, but they don't want to support it. Supposedly it's a nightmare to support the myriad hardware and software configurations of 450 students (doesn't sound so large does it?). The only supported means for accessing our email accounts and utilizing the calendar function of Outlook etc. is via webmail. However, I was told that if I could figure this out then no one would have to ...

Missing Password
I have just upgraded form Vista to Windows 7. All seems to be OK other than Outlook 2002 Pro not retaining my password. I have have created a new profile as suggested online but still the password is missing when I reopen Outlook. Can anyone help please. Regards Grandad See your answer in the link below http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Grandad" <Grandad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:162121B...