Re-activating a disabled AD account takes hours then enter mailbox

When we re-enable a diabled AD account it can take hours before the user can
enter their mailbox, why is this and hour can I speed this up?

Thanks in advance
0
SW (184)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065

Change the value to something reasonable.  I used to set it to 5 minutes on
all my servers and never saw any problems.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When we re-enable a diabled AD account it can take hours before the user
> can
> enter their mailbox, why is this and hour can I speed this up?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Ben
1/3/2006 2:26:04 PM
Does this work for Exchange 2003?

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065
>
> Change the value to something reasonable.  I used to set it to 5 minutes on
> all my servers and never saw any problems.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When we re-enable a diabled AD account it can take hours before the user
> > can
> > enter their mailbox, why is this and hour can I speed this up?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
SW (184)
1/3/2006 7:11:06 PM
Yep.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327378
addresses some of the other aspects, but changing the before-stated value is
the one that makes the biggest different, IMO.

--

> Does this work for Exchange 2003?
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179065
>>
>> Change the value to something reasonable.  I used to set it to 5 minutes
>> on
>> all my servers and never saw any problems.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When we re-enable a diabled AD account it can take hours before the
>> > user
>> > can
>> > enter their mailbox, why is this and hour can I speed this up?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance

0
Ben

Adding fractions and displaying as Percentages
Hi, I have a question. I am stuck with I am trying to add a number of Fractions and then Display as a Percentage. Does anyone have a formula for this that works? 4/4 4/4 3/3 2/2 2/2 = 100% 4/4 4/4 3/4 2/2 2/2 = 94% ? Is there a way that excel can automatically calculate this? Thanks heaps Just to add to this. they are not true fractions. It is really using 4 out of 4. 3 out of 4 etc. I hope this makes sense. and that someone can help "SarahN" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a question. I am stuck with I am trying to add a number of Fract...

"Activities that have been closed cannot be assigned to another us
When I try to assign a case to a user or queue I get "Activities that have been closed cannot be assigned to another user". I have deleted all activities that belonged to this case but this error message still keeps on coming. If I close the case and reopen it I can assign it but unfortunately that is not possible since we have several hundred of these cases and they are all supposed to be reassigned by a workflow. In the database I have also tried comparing a reopened case with a case that gets the error message and I cannot find a difference. I have also searched the en...

Adding new record to a form
I have a form with a command button to add a new record. The first field on the form is a lookup field where I would like to select an item to fill in the field, the rest of the fields require data entry. When clicking the add record button a blank form opens but I cannot add any data to it. I can see the option in the lookup field but cannot select one. On the other fields that require data entry, I cannot enter anything. On the forms property I have 'allow additions, yes'. How can I get this to work? Bg1 - What is the recordsource for your form? If it is a query, t...

How to determine company for activities
I am a relatively new CRM 3 user and am frustrated by the fact that I cannot readily tell company name from either the activities list or even from the activity detail window. Am I missing something here? We have many similar activities corresponding to many different companies, so in a list of activities is impossible to differentiate them. I appreciate your help. Chris Hi Chris: If you open the activity form there is a "regarding" field, however an activity does not necessarily have to be associated with an account... -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect This message...

mailbox recovery from tape
had successfully recovered the mailbox from tape and was using ExMerge to copy the PST file but the process went on for nearly 2hrs so I attempted to kill it. Could not. Had to shut the server down and restart. Once rebooted and tried to Exmerge again, got this: MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: c:\program files\Exchsvr\Bin\ExMerge.exe abnormal program termination. How can I resolve this problem? Thanks On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:08:27 -0800, "Pearl" <Pearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >had successfully recovered the mailbox from tape and...

how to disable the input function in the CCombobox
Change it's type to drop list. AliR. "joddy" <zsy2000@citiz.net> wrote in message news:%23pvpTXhWHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > Under what conditions? If you just want something that doesn't change, use the Drop List capability. If you need to disable a control temporarily, you can subclass the edit control portion of the combo box and capture and ignore user input. What do you want to do? joe On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:20:16 +0800, "joddy" <zsy2000@citiz.net> wrote: > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web:...

Taking away from stock in excel 2007
Ok so basically, i am using excel for stock purposes. I insert the customers information, what product is being bought etc.. then i want it to take away from the stock i have. For example Say i am selling Microsoft excel 2007 (Ironic isn't it?) I would need it to recognise the products used in shipping.. (a4 envolope, 1st class stamp) Say i have the column 'A', if i enter Microsoft Excel 2007 into there (From a dropdown list) and then the envolope quantity in 'B5' and stamps 'B6' Is there any way how i can take away the envolope quantity and stamp...

Disabling automatic date formatting
I continually have problems with Excel insisting on automatically formatting certain data as dates. For example, I frequently paste data into Excel that looks like this: 4-5 and Excel insists on formatting it as a date. I need to keep this data as 4-5 (text). How can I disable this auto-formatting? prior to entry, format the cells as Text (format=>Cells, pick numberformat tab and select text). or put in the data prefaced by a single quote '4-5 -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Frank Marousek" <frank@n-c-systems.com> wrote in message news:%23DRhZ0SfDHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP11.ph...

Serializing problem after adding member variable
Hi, Quite some time ago, I added a class called c_item (derived from CObject) to my mfc / sdi project, MyProject. I added DECLARE_SERIAL to c_item.h and IMPLEMENT_SERIAL to c_item.cpp. Among those member variables of my CDocument class are c_item objects. Serializing and deserializing the project's CDocument object has worked fine until recently when I added a member variable to the c_item class. Serializing the doc object still appears to work fine, as does deserialization, until the first c_item object is to be deserialized, I get an "Unhandled Exception" error. When I...

email Accounts #12
How can I copy my email accounts from my desktop to my laptop? I do not want to set up 18 new email accounts on the laptop if I can export and improt the accounts files. Gee, we have no idea as you did not state what email client/version you are using??? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RealEstateTom asked: | How can I copy my email accounts from my d...

Sub Contacts related to account
Hi Everybody Is there anyway i can see the contacts of a particular parent account, instead of seeing all the contacts. Thanks in Advance. Regards -- Jaber You can either open the account to see its contacts or do an advanced find to search for all contacts who's parent account is x.. ============================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Jaber" <Jaber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8F2849E-A8DD-4399-B45D-5D073D2F6A05@microsoft.com... > Hi Everybody > Is there anyway i ca...

RE: Excel Drop down box question
Hey all, I am using excel 2007 on XP Professional SP2. I am using a drop down box on a worksheet that selects from a column of designated data elsewhere on the worksheet. The data I have is 1 row of codes, with 1 row of descriptions for that code. I would like to select a code in the drop down box and have the corresponding description fill in an adjacent cell to the drop down box. Is this possible? Example Codes Description 1 One 2 Two 3 Three 4 Four etc... When code '1' is selected in the drop down box for cell A1, I want cell A2 to populate ...

Associate two mail account inside a domain
Hi All, Our boss got couple of mail account under the same domain for different differrent purposes. Now the problem is in case if some body sends a mail copied to both addresses mentioned above, he doesn't want to it to delivered to both mailboxes. How to solve this issue ??? I'm running Exchange 2000 FPP with SP3 Thanks in advance Ivar "P.Ravialahan" <ravialahan_p@yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:1dd1b8a5.0401190424.63bac7d7@posting.google.com... > Hi All, > Our boss got couple of mail account under the same domain for > different differrent purpo...

Money 2007 with Bank of America Account
I'm using MS Money 2007 with the Bank of America (California) account and when I am setting up my account the error occured that "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." How can I solve this problem? I am having the same issue with Bank of America (All Except CA, WA & ID) Banking. Could it be that BoA is not yet ready for M2007! "Frank" wrote: > I'm using MS Money 2007 with the Bank of America (California) account and > when I am setting up my account the error occured that "Account setup is > temporarily unavail...

Simple (?) question re email forwarding
Sorry but can't get a definitive answer to this Simple requirement - client has SBS 2003 using Exchange POP3 connector to collect email from catch-all mailbox at ISP Uses Exchange routing to determine local recipient - all working fine The MD wants all undeliverable email for this domain to forward to his mailbox - how is this achieved ? In POP3 connector properties his mailbox is set to receive all undeliverable POP3 and his account also has postmaster@ as an alias Message tracking shows the incoming msg and NDR being generated but Exchange refuses to forward the undeliverable mail to...

Employee schedule: I want it to calculate time entered such as 11.
I would like to enter the in and out times for each employee on my schedule spreadsheet in normal format (e.g. 11:00pm - 7:00am) and have it calculate how many hours the emploee worked. Everything works well until I have an employee who works the night shift. The subtraction of 11pm to 7am gives me a negative and incorrect anser. How can I achieve this and still use normal format times as above? Rudy If you put the date (time in) in column A for example, and the time in 9:00 PM in column B, then in Column C, you can input the forula =A1+B1 (formatted for date and time). Then do ...

Date and hourly time of use
I have the start date, start time and end time for procedures throughout each day for 13 procedure rooms. I need to come up with an average number of rooms that are being used for every hour of the day for each week over a period of three months. Knowing the start and end times I have the duration of each procedure in a room. I can indicate the hour of the procedure starting but how to indicate the additional hours as being in use is where I am stuck. Ex. Start date is 12/5/07 start time is 2247 and duration is either 276 minutes or 4.6 hours. How would I indicate that the 2300 hour,...

Email account disappeared...
Can anyone help? 2 of my email accounts disappeared.They still send and receive mail, but when i go to the email accounts menu, they aren't there and i can't edit them. ...

Unable to search Accounts, message says 'No Attribute'?
I'm having a problem with the search utility in CRM 3.0. When I try to perform a search on an account in the 'Active Accounts' View (whcih is set to the Default Public View) all I get when I click the 'Find' button is a message box that says 'No Attribute' with an OK button on it. The error started on a new Server and CRM install when I was trying to create an association between a custom entity and another entity. SQL Server took all the 2GB of ram and locked up the server. After about 5 minutes I paused SQL then Stopped it and then rebooted the server. Whe...

Analytical Accounting technical info
Hi there, I'm building an interface to import data to GP using eConnect objects. I know that Analytical Accounting integration with eConnect is not available yet, so I'm looking for a reference on the Analytical Accounting stored procedures and functions in order to build a protype within my interface. Can you please tell me where can I find it? (Really need it ASAP) Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Creating a mailbox in a sub-domain
We have one W2K3 domain (fred.org) which has an Exchange 2003 server in it. Most of the user accounts are in this domain and managing those accounts works fine. A couple of years ago we created a sub-domain (sales.fred.org) where some user accounts were created. We userd to be able to create accounts in sub-domain using the Exchange server in the parent domain, but no more. It seems to create, but wither permissions are missing, email addresses are missing or the mailbox just isn't findable. The accounts were created using an admin account in the parent domain which is also an admin for ...

How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP connectivity
Dear Experts, Problem Description: How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP connectivity within outlook express to search in a specific folder in the Active directory not all the Active directory. Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Hewlett-Packard, HP d330 uT(DZ007A) Thankx "Akkad" <amr.akkad@gbrands.com> wrote in news:7f2f01c4959a$5f44e7b0 $a601280a@phx.gbl: > How to search in my domain's active directory using LDAP > connectivity within outlook express to searc...

Conditions not me but conditional formatting still takes effect
Here's what I am doing. I have a cell using a percentage base of 0-100. I don't display it in percentage, but that's the number range. I have conditionally formatted the cell as follows: Condition 1 if = 100 color cell green, condition 2 is between 1 and 99 color cell yellow, condition 3 if = 0 color cell red. It works wonderfully except that if there is no data and the cell is blank it still colors it red as though it was = to 0. I use other formatting to show absences with these cells so I don't want it disturbed unless I actually enter data. So, as you see, I am perple...

Accounting question
This is not an Excel question but I know there are experts here who I know will provide an answer. There is an estate of a deceased person to distribute. Net value is £112k which includes the value of a car (£2500) Two persons are the beneficiaries. Person A - has sold the car for £2500 and has had £3000 as an interim payment There is £106500 in the bank to distribute. How much does A and B get in cash so that each has had an equal share of the total estate? It should be simple but whatever I do it just doesn't match the figures I've ...

pivot chart colors- how to keep from changing when data elements are added/removed?
I have a pivot chart with a bunch of data series, and every time we include/exclude one of the series to see how the chart changes, all the colors change and we have to spend time re-identifying which series is which, using the legend to check the colors. Is there a way to "lock" the colors, so that the bars stay the same colors regardless of whether other bars are included/excluded? Thanks! Keith Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, which suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: Changin...