Qustion about perfomance using Exchange cache modus

To all Experts (and thanks for your reply),

I have spend many Google searches on the advantages of the "Exchange cache
modus" (Outlook 2003).

On the Internet there is particularly spoken about the advantages on the
client side (faster e-mail, always access to your e-mail, etc.)
However, I could not find anything about the advantages or disadvantages on
(performance of) the Exchange server when using cache modus

My question with regard to the "Exchange cache mode" is simple:
What strategy uses less recourses on the (Exchange) server, clients with or
without cache mode?
Or what is the most efficient way for your Exchange Server to work with the
cache modus, Turn it on or off?

--
     ���`�.(*�.�(`�.� �.��)�.�*).��`��
  �.............. CHARLIE ..............�

0
charlie

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:31:35 +0200, <charlie brown> wrote:

>To all Experts (and thanks for your reply),
>
>I have spend many Google searches on the advantages of the "Exchange cache
>modus" (Outlook 2003).
>
>On the Internet there is particularly spoken about the advantages on the
>client side (faster e-mail, always access to your e-mail, etc.)
>However, I could not find anything about the advantages or disadvantages on
>(performance of) the Exchange server when using cache modus
>
>My question with regard to the "Exchange cache mode" is simple:
>What strategy uses less recourses on the (Exchange) server, clients with or
>without cache mode?
>Or what is the most efficient way for your Exchange Server to work with the
>cache modus, Turn it on or off?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/clinettraf.mspx
"Client Network Traffic with Exchange Server 2003"

0
adavid (8731)

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

Distribute an add-in using a URL
Hi! I'm trying to get an .xla file to load up in the Add-ins from a URL. I receive the following message when I try to add the URL link.."You cannot use an Internet address here. Enter a path that points to a location on your computer or on the network." ...

Exchange Freezes on SBS2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C50BDC.0B5F9010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a SBS2003 that has been operational for 6 months. Something is wrong and the whole mail system freezes up. Rebooting the Server seems to solve the problem for a day or two... This is one of the Event Viewer messages: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store = (xxxxx)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

I have the template i want to use, however I am not sure how to us
an e-mail was sent to me with a spreadsheet I'm to complete. A co -worker helped me to create a template of that spreadsheet that I need to fill in but I don't have experience using templates. How do I get started, and how do I create a next page or sheet? I need to fill it in and than start the next page with the blank template...help Have you looked at the Excel help for templates? If so, at which stage did you have a problem? -- David Biddulph "mouse" <mouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9209715-1DD7-4771-B23F-03BB8F916A10@microsoft.com...

Trouble using resolution for Outlook error
I am recieving the error in Outlook mentioned on the following page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822503 The instructions say to resolve the issue for an existing installation, specify the *.pst file by using the Mail icon in Control Panel. First of all, I do not know what *.pst file they are referring to. The following directory on my machine: C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Sokalski\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Contains the following *.pst files: archive.pst njsokalski@hotmail.comHotmail-00000002.pst Outlook1.pst Outlook.pst I am ver...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

how do i create a quiz using excel?
hey guys...i badly need to make a quiz using excel,,,i got no clue how to do it. the quiz will be a simple one, no drop downs and should display the scores after the quiz is taken.... please help! Andruu, What type of quiz are you looking to create? What format are the answers? Numbers? Text? One suggestion..... 1. Add questions *What is 2 x 2?* 2. Assign cells for the user to insert their answers. (format cells as text/numbers etc) *Cell: B2* 3. Either in hidden cells, or on a seperate sheet, put the correct answers 4. Assign a point value for each correct answer (can be different for ...

Non responsive MTA on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I got the following problem: The MTA on an Exchange 5.5 box is for some reason not responding anylonger to a STOP service (probably due to a corrupted message in the queue). I want to have the least downtime possible and wanna run an MTACHECK asap. Two solutions available: -reboot the server (stopping the MTA doesn't work using the regular ways) -kill the MTA process using the KILL.EXE tool. It seems to me that killing the MTA process would be faster that having to restart the whole server. Moreover users can still access their mailboxes even though the MTA is running amok. ...

Microsoft CRM Exchange
From previous listings I came across the fact that the email router or Microsoft CRM Exchange Connector sends and receives emails to and from CRM. Also that we can receive an email in outlook then click the Promote E-mail to CRM Activity button to move it into crm. Where is this button located. Should I be working on the server where CRM is installed to get this working? You will only have the Promote button if you have installed Sales For Outlook (or a third part add-in) This will be on the client pc, not (definitely not!) the server "Gautam" <gautam@fivepoints.net>...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Is there a work-a-round i can use for making a datagrid....
Hey all, I am trying to make a datagrid on a form that the user would input info, and once completed, it would be put in correct area's of the workbook. I cant use a datagrid as job doesn't alw downloads for net so i cant get the update needed to alw me to use datagrids( see post sugj: "Missing Control In Addin") is there a way i can use a text box or some other box or tool to do this? When you say "form", do you mean UserForm or worksheet set up to look like a data input form? If a UserForm, then yes, you can use TextBoxes, but you didn't supp...

using a macro question revisited
Concerned that the thread was bypassed after going 4 deep, I have reposted it with full includes. The way the macro works as currently written, it can return to multiple cells; but in this instance, I just need it to return either the sum of 2 randomly generated numbers between 1 and 6 (simulating a dice roll), or a single randomly generated number between 1 and 6, and then have the cell be stable after that is done (not constantly recalculating with every chnage made to the spreadsheet). "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:uBokaQVAGHA.2...

Using tild-n in e-mail
Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although some prefer plain text. Would that make a difference? Thank you, -Monica da-moe <amethystm@hotmail.com> wrote: > Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone > know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an > email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although > some prefer plain text. Would that mak...

Outloook asks for old exchange server
A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Now I have a couple of users that are getting the cancel request box. I created another profile in outlook but it still does the same thing. Do or should I remove all profiles and start a new one from scratch? Any ideas are much appreciated. Delete the old profile and start anew. If this problem recurs, post your question to an Exchange group as I seem to recall there is something in Exchange that you can configure. "Aaron" wrote: > A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Exchange 2003 EE not using RAM in computer
I have noticed a couple posts over time in this forum regarding store.exe not using the RAM in a machine. I cannot seem to reply to old posts, so here is my problem. The store.exe (Ex2k3 EE, SP2 on Win2k std. SP1) does not use over 1GB. The server has 4GB of RAM but only 2GB ever is used according to taskmgr, with the store.exe taking almost exactly 1GB. I have the correctly configured boot.ini, but not sure where to go from here. There is only one exchange info store that is around 25GB.... The server is Windows 2003 Std. SP1, not win2k as indicated above...typo, sorry... Jeffrey Read th...

Upgrading NT4 to Win2k while still using Exchange 5.5
Hello, Has anyone experienced any issues when upgrading an NT4 server running Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server but not upgrading Exchange? Thank you, Gerry That should work fine, but you would certainly do well to backup your PRIV, PUB, and DIR beforehand. -- Have a great day! Graham, MCSE�+I, MCSA Microsoft Corporation Exchange Enterprise Messaging * Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Find out about Strategic Technology Protection Program a...

Mail between exchange server no working
I have two Windows 2003 exchange servers with sp1. From the one exchange server clients can send email using global address book addresses and exchange transport to user accounts on the other exchange server. But user on the other exchange server cannot send email to the first. Any idea Keith - Can the other/second server resolve fqdn(s) of the first server and the GC(s)? - Does it have smtp connectivity to the first server? - Can it access GCs? - Anything in the event logs? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- ...

Using Range names in selecting chart series.
Hi, I have a range named DataCount. This will count the number of data points i have in a column. I would like to use this information when specifying the series range in chart. ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "='System 4'!R2C13:R35C13" In this example I need to substitute R35 with DataCount. What is the correct syntax? Thanks in advance, Cherrs! What kind of variable is DataCount? Is it a named range? A VBA Excel.Range object? A string that contains an address? Does it reference R35 or R35C13? - Jon ------- Jon P...

Is there any way to do partial text indexing with Exchange 2003?
Is there any way to do partial text indexing with Exchange 2003? ...

Calender Exchange/Outlook
Hello, One of our managers wants to show to al the workers here when he's at the office. Is it possible to make a central callender and that when he is making an apointment in his calendar that this apointment automaticaly is copied to the central calendar, but only his "I'm at the office" - apointments...not the rest... Can someone help me? Regards, Gideon Try creating a calendar under a public folder and granting appropiate permissions. Do this by right clicking on "All Public Folders" and selecting "New Folder" when the dialouge box appears us...