Quick way to change display name from first last to last, first

Is there a quick way to change the display name from first
last to last, first other than manually or manually
editing a .csv export file?

Many thanks,
Brian
0
bbrilhart (1)

That is the only (Microsoft) way in Exchange 5.5

You can modify settings in the admin to do this for new users.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Brian Brilhart" <bbrilhart@calibresys.com> wrote in message
> Is there a quick way to change the display name from first
> last to last, first other than manually or manually
> editing a .csv export file?
>
> Many thanks,
> Brian

0
dtown (976)
2/11/2004 9:56:01 PM
Just wanted to add that this is easy to do in Excel.

Have A1 be the first name.
Have B1 be the last name.

Set this for C1 and then you can drag it to all the other rows.

=B1 & ", " & A1

Now you should see the needed values all in column C

Highlight column C - Copy - Then paste it to the original csv.  But the key
is do a paste special and pick values - not All.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Dan Townsend [MSFT]" <dtown@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That is the only (Microsoft) way in Exchange 5.5
>
> You can modify settings in the admin to do this for new users.
>
> --
> Hope that helps,
> Dan Townsend

rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

> "Brian Brilhart" <bbrilhart@calibresys.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a quick way to change the display name from first
> > last to last, first other than manually or manually
> > editing a .csv export file?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Brian

0
dtown (976)
2/11/2004 10:03:51 PM
What version of Exchange?

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"Brian Brilhart" <bbrilhart@calibresys.com> wrote in message
> Is there a quick way to change the display name from first
> last to last, first other than manually or manually
> editing a .csv export file?
>
> Many thanks,
> Brian

0
Mark

How to stop RichEdit color change overriding default color
I've got a handly little syntax editor going along (that--so far-- is waaay faster than the examples on codeguru.com (if you'd like to know how to speed them up, I spotted a logic flaw in two of them. If you're interested, just email me). I have a question on a different syntax editor I'm writing for an in-house language though, so you'll notice some unique features that enable me to take shortcuts. But I've got a funny little problem. If the user is typing at the end of the rich edit control, and they type in a keyword and it gets colored, any text typed after tha...

Legend Changes After Save
I am working in Excel 2007. When I delete certain Series from the legend, save and close the file, the next time I open it the deleted series are back. How can I stop it from defaulting back? Thanks! PD, I can't duplicate this problem, why don't you send me a copy of the file before you delete the item from the legend and tell me exactly what you do, so I can duplicate it. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire shanedevenshire@sbcglobal.net Microsoft Excel MVP "WolfgangPD" wrote: > I am working in Excel 2007. When I delete certain Series from the legend, > save and...

Problem changing parent Business unit
WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy, however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2 child business units). We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units. We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local...

Printing changes layout
I am printing a booklet on Pub 2002 - when I print one page, it prints a page where everything has changed - resized, cut off the edges, etc. The worst part - when done printing, it goes back to normal view and it actually changes my layout to match what is printed - permanently. Any ideas what is going on? I printed on both my Lexmark and HP printers, does the same thing. I have Windows XP. Help! Thanks! Look at your page layout, has it changed? I know this will happen to me occasionally when I change printers. If I change back to the original printer the publication will revert...

Select last value
I am trying to select the last (bottom) value on a one-column list. I am using the COUNT function to designate the bottom value that is not zero, and the CHOOSE function to select the designated value. But, I can't make that work. Help appreciated. try =match(a number larger than possible,your range) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Carl" <c@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eciLEKsvFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I am trying to select the last (bottom) value on a one-column list. I am > using the COUNT function to designate the bottom va...

How do I display daily duty timings (day/night) of employees for .
I am looking for a template that would permit me to display the work timings of my 30 employees. They either work the day shift or the night shift. ...

active form name
Hello!! What function returns active form name? Thanks!! Cesar There is no function to return the current field, window or form name. You can track the specific windows you are interested in using PRE triggers to set a global variable with the name or id or the current window. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions polic...

changes to message size limits
On Exchange 2003, one huge annoying feature is that even when I make configuration changes, it seems to take so long for them to actually go into effect. This time it's the message size limits. I tried changing them for an individual user in AD, even told the RUS to resync. An hour later that still hadn't taken effect, so we moved on and changed the global default in Exchange's Message Delivery properties. Another hour later and still no dice. We had a company-wide default of 15 MB (huge, I thought). I increased my account to 30 MB in AD, and then on the Message Delivery pro...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Font size change
Is there a way to increase the size of the font. I have a large, hi-res screen and MS-Money insists on using something the size of a 6-7 point font. Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, Linda wrote: >Is there a way to increase the size of the font. I have a large, hi-res >screen and MS-Money insists on using something the size of a 6-7 point font. Try changing the font setting in IE to a larger size. View->TextSize. If you want to see the size of the font in money. You must change the computer's font size. within money there is no option to do so. you would have to go to...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

User Display name
I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName the rest as Lastname,FirstName. How do I get them all to display correctly? Thanks in the organization settings of CRM you can set the full name format. unfortunately when you change this is does not update existing records...only newly created ones. "MattB" <MattB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECC6A9CF-6E69-478E-8D41-F4A1C0EEACAF@microsoft.com... >I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. > One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName ...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

Change default view of Activies to Service Activities.
When clicking on any "Activities" tab, CRM shows list of activities of the object, and it's the view: "Open Activity Associated View". Can we customize so that the view "Open Service Activity Associated" will be shown instead? Only show the Service Activities. Hi, Here is something for your interest. Thanks to Michael. http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS11 -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.word...

Help with displaying the contents of the last populate cell.
I have numerous sheets within a book where all cells in column C in all sheets have the following formula “=IF(ISBLANK(P4),"",(R3-P4))”. For you reference both columns P and R hold a monetary value and are formatted as Currency. Is there a way that cell D1 can automatically be populated with the contents of the last cell in column C that has a value in it. E.G. Sheet 1, cell C19 has a value of 200, therefore cell D1 should be 200. Sheet 2, cell C25 has a value of 250, therefore cell D1 should be 250. Sheet 3, cell C99 has a value of 900, therefore cell D1 should be 900. Any h...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

Last Closing Balance
Last Closing Balance should not be based on customer properties. Instead, it should be based on AR history from the last closing date to the end of the month, since it's already being done on the Account Info tab of customer properties. Thanks, Matt ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Combining second row to first row
How do I make this: John Edwards 24 Main St NY NY 08000 (all data is in seperate cells) Look like this: John Edwards 24 Main St NY, NY 08000 (Each cell moved to top line) There are multiple rows of this data. Thanks try this Sub moverow() For i = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -2 Range(Cells(i, 1), Cells(i, 10)).Copy Cells(i - 1, 2) Rows(i).Delete Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "LisaJ27" <LisaJ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CFDD53F-0D38-4117-AFAD-D65414BB86FB@microsoft.c...

Changing Report Fields
What happens to the reports if we change screen fields. Does anyoneknow what happens in the event of: - adding a field – presumably doesn’t appear on any report - changing a field – label or properties - removing a field? Any help please? Hi, - Adding a field would change nothing to a report. You will have to alter the report itself to make it visible there. - Labels are set inside the report itself, so this won't change if you change them on the form. - Removing the field will not change the report, but it will be empty becaus the user cannot enter data for that field (unless som...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...

Word X gives no place to put name of doc
Hi, We are working on a new installation (not an upgrade) of OS X on a G4 with 512M memory. We then installed Office v.X and then copied the old OS 9.6, Word 98 documents to the drive. With Word we can open and save any existing document. The icons on some of the files are grayed out, but after we open them and save them with Word X they are fine. But when we create a new document, then go to save it, there is no place to put the name of the new file. We can browse out to any location, but there is no place to label the document with a name. This happens when using the "Save&quo...

Defining same name for cells in different sheets
Does anyone know the answer to this one? I want to give the same range name to the same cell reference in a series of worksheets. I find I can do this by pre-defining all my range names on a "master" worksheet and making several copies of the sheet (try it, it works!) But let's say I have done this, and entered all my data on the sheets I have created, and suddenly realize I need another range name. I haven't found any way to define a new range name and apply it to the same range on several sheets. This is not the same as a 3-D reference, which I tried. (3- d referenci...

Change the anchor property of a control.
Hello. How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the control ? I.e : myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom .... How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ? Thanks :) Am 12.06.2010 23:46, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > How can I capture the event, when changing the anchor property of the > control ? > > I.e : > myPanel.anchor = AnchorStyles.Left & AnchorStyles.Bottom > .... > How can I know, when the Anchor property is changed (which event?) ? Like I said, about once o...

Cannot remember my e-mail logon password, how do I change it?
I use outlook 2007 and have a need to access my e-mail logon password. I've got the remember password box checked but can not remember the password myself. Is there anyway to retrieve this or change or recreate it? You wuld have to contact your ISP to reset or provide you with the password "Rviviani" <Rviviani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5DAFCAB-FC29-4FF4-A5E2-AE4DDE6DC2A0@microsoft.com... >I use outlook 2007 and have a need to access my e-mail logon password. >I've > got the remember password box checked but can not remem...