Quick Exchange 5.5 question

Hi, Can ICS functions be ran on a second server for load balancing?

Thanks
David

0
dross (49)

Hey Microsoft! Exchange 2003 Question
Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and Level2 attachment lists? I don't want my Outlook users to have to save a certain type of file to the disk first. If so how? Thanks This may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0be901c3db86$5e56e700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and > Level2 attachment lists? > I don't want my Outlook users to ha...

Post Exchange SP2 install outgoing messages not being delivered
I have just finished installing SP1 for Windows 2003 Server and SP2 for Exchange 2003, since the install mail being sent to specific servers i.e aol.com, yahoo.com, and a few others is not flowing, it is being queued and not being delivered as before. I need to find a fix for this issue fast, Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated. OS: Windows 2003 Server Standard w/ SP1 and all updates Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 Thanks in advance. That usually indicates that the server cannot resolve the target domains in DNS. I have seen similar problems caused by the virus scann...

Exchange 2003 SP2 and IE 7
Hi, Since installing IE 7 on the Exchange back-end server, I can't get access to any information in the public folders from Outlook clients. I can open the Public folders, but there is nothing showing in there... But if I add new stuff, the new item shows up in that PF. If I try the some public folder that are not replicated on this server, I can see the content... This is not a permission problem, since that has not changed, and has been verified... Any one knows what is going on ??? Thanks !!! ...

Off topic: VB6 question

ARM compiler in Microsoft Platform Builder 5.0
Hello, I have a Freescale iMX31 (ARM11 Family). I know that ARM11 Famility corrisponds to core ARMv6 but on Microsoft Documentation I read that the ARM compiler support 4 and 5 (ARMv4 and ARMv5). Followint the link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms925478.aspx So I'm using a ARM11 processor with instruction set of ARM9 (ARMv4 - ARMv5). In this manner, there isn't and optiomization on compiled code. Some comments ? Thanks, Paolo On Nov 20, 2:18=A0pm, paolo patierno <paolopatie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a Freescale...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the 65...

Exchange 2000 and Unix
Hi, We have a Exchange server which is connected to the internet via which we send/receive e-mail to the external world. We have a couple of Unix boxes (Solaris) which we want setup to connect to the Exchange server for sending e-mails to the Internet. However everytime an e-mail is send we get an error about relaying. Due to security reasons the Exchange admin cannot setup relaying. Is there another way to set this up, say via Exchange connector ? Please let me know. Thanks, Subho The Exchange Admin "could" configure relaying so specific machines can relay messages via yo...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #5
I have XP Pro, Office 2003 Pro with Business Contact Manager. I am using MSN for dial up ISP but have other POP3 email accounts. 1-Can not get Outlook to send message out to mail server. SMTP. Error says it found the server, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. I sent the error to the mail admin and he checked all setting on the server and says there is not problem on his end. I have never had to set SSL settings and port settings for email. 2-Just started Outlook 2003 and received the following error: There was a probl...

Is this possible #5
Hi, Is this possible: in a combobox, in the attribute listfillrange to link to another workbook like '\\servername\share\folder\file.xls'Data!A2:B10 I have a combobox with listfillrange Data!A2:B10 refering to a hidden sheet named data. But i want to move that sheet to a seperate file and then link the data from that book. Thanks Paal --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I have not tried it with a combo box, but it works when used in a formula (I use it extesively with lookups) ='ServerDriveName:\FolderPath\[FileName.xls]WorkSheetName'! $A$1:$A$10) Hope t...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...

Exchange 5.5 message.txt
Hi, I have problem. I got email with error message: This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. <<message.txt>> Anyone knows the solution? ...

Migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
Hi all My Scenario Two Windows 2000 SP4 Servers with Exchange 2000. It`s an active/active cluster with two exchange instances. I must migrate just one instance to a new cluster with Windows 2003 Sp1 with Exchange 2003 I must keep the four servers ( two win2k exch 2000 clustered , and two win2k3 with exch2003 clustered) Anyone Could Help Me? Thanks a lot This might get you started: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html As a general rule MS do not recommend Active Active clusters for Exchange. You may want to reconsider keeping the exist...

Counting Question #3
I have three columns: dates, values, and names 10/17 $300 Jim 10/17 $300 Jim 10/17 $200 Tom 10/17 $100 Jim When I enter Jim and $300 in to two separate cells, in a third cell I want to count the number of "days" it applies to (all the way down the spreadsheet.) So in other words, there are two instances in the same day of Jim and $300, but since it all happened on one day, the answer would be one. Hope I explained it well. =sumproduct(--(b1:b10=x1),--(c1:c10=x2)) where x1 holds the amount, x2 holds the name and B1:B10 holds the list of amounts and c1:c10 holds the list of...

Backup service authentication question
Hello, I have a fairly small Exchange 2003 installation. My HQ site has a single Exchange 2k3 BE server. The HQ site is connected to 3 other remote sites via a mesh network. Each of those sites has a local Exchange 2k3 BE server. I use BackupExec 11d for my backups. I recently noticed that if my Exchange server in the HQ site is unavailable, the Exchange backups in the remote sites fail in connecting to the resource. It appears like an authentication issue. When the main site comes back on line, backups can run again without issue. Each site has at least one 2k3 domain controlle...

Exchange SP2 Regstry Edit
Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from 18GB to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2? On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:28:57 -0700, Jamesh512 <Jamesh512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from 18GB >to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2? I hope this isnt on a production machine. Im not even sure if the store increase is avail yet since this is only the CTP. (Not sure why this reply isn't showing up in the ng :) Search ...

RE: MSCRM V1.2 & Lotus Notes V6.5
Hi. I need some expert advice regarding MSCRM as you are aware of that MSCRM uses exchange 2000/2003 as a mail server. I have a potentail customer to whom i am trying to sell the CRM package but the only problem is that he is using Lotus Notes v6.5 for mail. They do not want to change. Is their a way around this issue. What i am trying to achieve is CRM mail gets into CRM & general mail gets to the user machines with Lotus notes 6.5, instead of using Outlook. Kind Regards.. Shaz.. repost your question as I think there is a CRM to lotus notes solution for email. I think at le...

signatures #5
I would like to know how to combine a .jpg and text to form a signature, I have tried several ways to no success. I am trying to combine my company logo and some text to use on all my out going mail. Ron ukwildcat@charter.net What version of Outlook? "UKWildcat" <ukwildcat@charter.net> wrote in message news:%2388JUggoDHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I would like to know how to combine a .jpg and text to form a signature, > I have tried several ways to no success. I am trying to combine my company > logo > and some text to use on all my out going mail. >...

outlook cannot find exchange server
I am trying to configure my client computer with outlook 2002 to the SBServer, and it resolves my name and password, but when it gets to the point where it needs to configure my outlook, it gives an error message that Exchange is not available or it is down for maintenance, can anyone help with this problem? I acn connect to the server for everything else including the internet Thank you What type of authentication do you have set for Outlook? Try using none and see if that works. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After ...

exchange alternative
A few months back I was asking questions about setting up an Exchange server BUT someone pointed me to a company that had software that could synchronise your outlook contacts and calendars using outlook email. Anyone have any ideas what the company was again? There are several listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "R Doornbosch" <NOSPAM@youremail.com> wrote in message news:ObfMMbGAEHA.3456@T...

How do I determine whether my exchange server is being used to relay SPAM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C41E7A.F70E2800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have recently changed from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. We have also = instituted an signature program for our outgoing email. This week I have = been getting NDR's from sites and some say that our site is sending them = SPAM. I beleive that either these sites are registering the signatures = as SPAM or our server is relaying SPAM messages. How do I determine = this, I imagine that some logs would show t...

[2010] a couple of "search" questions
in the (advanced) search window, two questions: - it is possible to save a customized view setup? I mean columns shown, format, sort, and so on... - in the old 2003 version, in the status (bottom of the window) there was the total number of found items: now it's missing :( can I reactivate it? -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ........... ...

Quicken questions
I know this isn't a Quicken newsgroup, but I can't locate another potential source of basic information on Quicken. I just bought and installed Quicken Starter Edition and imported my MS Money files. This went very well except for a couple of minor problems. The import process for my checking account failed to import those Electronic Funds Transfer entries from my checking account to my broker, that I had in my Money files. There weren't but a few of these and I was able to key them into Quicken manually. The Quicken account now balances with my Money account to the penny. All is w...

CRM 4.0 upgrade questions
Hi all, Now that we're all upgraded to CRM 4.0, questions have popped up: - Can one move the folders in the CRM Outlook client around, like Explorer folders? This was possible in 3.0. - Company information of Contacts in Outlook is supposed to synchronize now with CRM but it does not. I made sure the necessary checkbox is checked in CRM --> Options. This worked fine in a 4.0 test environment. - I know only 1 PC can be the sync PC with CRM but I wonder if a Citrix client can be a sync PC as well, in addition to a physical PC. - This is question for 3.0 and 4.0: We have a new custom ent...

2 questions #4
1.) Our exchange and external email address are username@company.com. Everything works fine for users who have an exchange box and external email address. The problem is when we sent email to an employee who doesn't have an exchange account we get email not deliverable. Exchange is looking for an exchange account. These users don't need exchange accounts. How can I get email to go to them? 2.) We have an email account orders@company.com. I want incoming email to go to a public folder so that anyone can view this email without pulling it onto thier local machine. Is this possib...