queue question

I have about a dozen queues that can't send messages.  The total message
count across these queues is about 46 messages.  Why when I look in
C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue
don't I see any files?
0
Robert4087 (350)

OK, not it appears that all outbound mail has stopped.  I have a lot of this
in the SMTP virtual server log.  What does it mean?

2007-02-09 03:06:04 64.18.7.10 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MRBSERVER
- 25 - -
220+Postini+ESMTP+37+y6_8_11c0+ready.++CA+Business+and+Professions+Code+Section+17538.45+forbids+use+of+this+system+for+unsolicited+electronic+mail+advertisements. 0 0 163 0 94 SMTP - - - -
2007-02-09 03:06:04 64.18.7.10 OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MRBSERVER
- 25 EHLO - mail.meadowrunbuilders.com 0 0 4 0 94 SMTP - - - -
2007-02-09 03:06:04 64.18.7.10 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 MRBSERVER
- 25 - - 250-Postini+says+hello+back 0 0 27 0 203 SMTP - - - -

"Robert" wrote:

> I have about a dozen queues that can't send messages.  The total message
> count across these queues is about 46 messages.  Why when I look in
> C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue
> don't I see any files?
0
Robert4087 (350)
2/9/2007 3:13:00 AM
Hi,

Are you using Postini as a SmartHost for all your outbound email?

If so you have been blacklisted by the looks of things.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
2/9/2007 1:01:35 PM
No, not using postini that I know of, unless somthing malicious set it up
that way.

Robert

"Oliver Moazzezi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you using Postini as a SmartHost for all your outbound email?
>
> If so you have been blacklisted by the looks of things.
>
> Oliver

0
Robert4087 (350)

Query design question?
Query1 retrieves data for 2,000 records from a series of linked tables that have about 100,000 recordset Query2 retrieves data for 5,000 records from another series of linked tables that has about a 100,000 recordset as well. Query1 and Query2 are linked on a customer ID (e.g.) Should there be a simple join between Query1 and Query2 on Customer ID, or would there there be a benefit to limiting the records in Query2 first? Yes, SQL Server app - have an old stopwatch, but didn't know if some general guidelines applied. "Jerry Whittle" <JerryWhittle@discussions.micros...

Three Money 2004 questions
A few questions on Money 2004 (on Windows XP) 1. Selecting to use online features used to work, but now I can't log in unless I turn off online. Is this because I didn't subscribe to some for-pay service? 2. When downloading bank checking account data (as Money OFX files) and importing into Money2004, all my checks are listed with "John Anderson" as the payee. "John Anderson" is one of my payees, but why is Money stuck on this, and how can I change the default payee to "unknown" or something like that? (BTW, I've tried, but this one stumps me). ...

XML Question
Hi, Using Excel 2003 Pro. I've figured out how to pull an XML file from a remote web server into Excel and map the 2 fields I'm interested in (ProductID and ProductName) to cells, so the data looks like this ProductName ProductID Product 1 1234 Product 2 5678 etc...... However I want to reformat the results so I end up with this "Product 1" ** 0.05 ** http://www.website.com/1234.aspx "Product 2" ** 0.05 ** http://www.website.com/5678.aspx etc..... I need quotes around the product name, the 2 stars in co...

End of Month question
In a cell, I have the current date in format -dd/mm/yyyy-. In the cell below, I want to automatically insert the text Yes if this is the last day of the month or No if it isn't. What's the simplest way to do this? Thanks in advance. :) -- Purple_Jack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Purple_Jack's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23884 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375192 Use: =IF(MONTH(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))+1)=MONTH(A1),"No","Yes&q...

EZ question
How do I configure a particular Exchange user to forward all mail he receives to another account on the outside while retaining the same messages? -JoeF - Create a Contact for the external email address - Set forwarding option from Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address: insert Contact in Forward To field and select "Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox" -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "JoeF" <JoeF@discussions.micr...

MS CRM Employment Questions.
I have been working with Microsoft CRM 3.0 for about 6 months and have become fairly familiar with the tool as I am the only person doing any customizations in my organization and working closely with our Network Admin. I enjoy working with tool and was curious as to what opportunities people have found or are aware of. I work for a small company in Northern VA / DC Area and wear many hats including Release Manager and Product Manager but was interested in possibly doing this full time? Where would I start? Thanks! On Dec 14 2006, 11:55 am, socalcrm <socal...@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

TransferSpreadsheet question
I'm using the TransferSpreadsheet method to import an Excel spreadsheet into an Access 2007 table. I've set the SpreadsheetType parameter to acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9. This works when the spreadsheet is a .xls file, but the spreadsheet I'm importing is a .xlsm file. To make the code work I open the .xlsm file in Excel and then do a SaveAs where I can change the file type to .xls. This is not really an acceptable solution for end users of the application. Is there a way to import spreadsheets in the .xlsm format? Ken "Ken Warthen" <KenWarthen@discus...

question about CStringT::Tokenize
Hi, I try to split a string "First,,Third" with ",". I suppose the result is "First", "", and "Third". But why it is "First","Third".(A empty string has been skipped.) BTW, how about ",First,Second,Third" and "First,Second,Third," If CString::Tokenize cannot support it directly, any other way can do it easily. //code CString str( "First,,Third" ); CString resToken; int curPos= 0; CString strSplitter( "," ); resToken= str.Tokenize(strSplitter,curPos); while (resToken != &...

permission question
Hi - I have a permission question... I have an Admin SharePoint site, and I need to give a single staff person rights to contribute to 1 folder only - NO rights to any other information. I thought I had accomplished that by giving her contribute rights to the specific folder, but she is now listed with Limited rights and is able the READ all other content. We are using WSS and I am new at this... Can someone give me a recommendation on this or point me to a good reference? Thanks in advance for your time and help! -- Cindy B Folders aren't security. You can do as y...

Query question
Hi, I am stuck with a programming problem and I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Running SQL 2005. Here's a sample of my data: CREATE TABLE #temp (class varchar(1), referral varchar(2)) INSERT INTO #temp VALUES ('A', 'BB') INSERT INTO #temp VALUES ('A', 'AA') INSERT INTO #temp VALUES ('B', 'BB') INSERT INTO #temp VALUES ('B', 'CC') INSERT INTO #temp VALUES ('C', 'AA') INSERT INTO #temp VALUES ('C', 'BB') INSERT INTO #temp VALUES ('A', 'DD...

Winsock question, copyhostent()
A search on MSDN for 'copyhostent' shows a sample for WSALookupServiceBegin implimentation. In the sample are several uses of this code: PDPROCESS Process; PDTHREAD Thread; err = PROLOG(&Process, &Thread, &ErrorCode); if(err != NO_ERROR) { SetLastError(ErrorCode); return(NULL); } ... if(pBlob) { hent = (struct hostent *)Thread->CopyHostEnt(pBlob); } ..... I am guessing that CopyHostEnt() performs some kind of conversion on pBlob to make it a hostent* type. Does anyone have any...

Quickbooks Integration Question
Do Quickbooks and Store Operations have to be installed on the same server, or will Store Ops search the network to find the Quickbooks program? I have only tested the integration when Store Ops and Quickbooks were installed on the same server. Thanks for your time and knowledge. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@removebmsar.com I belive that it is safer to keep the data on the same server for reasons of backup. But I guess if you feel Lucky. "K...

question on pivot table #4
hi mike, thank you very much for this solution. it worked fine. regards, mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26606 ...

Msft. Money 2000 checkwriting question
I am using Microsoft Money 2000, vsn. 8. Whenever I write a new check in the checkwriting feature, the PAYEE is automatically entered into a PAY TO list that enables me to write future checks to the same payee by scrolling to the name & highlighting it. This is a useful feature, but there is a drawback in that some checks are never written a second time to the same payee and the number of payees listed in the PAY TO list is getting longer & longer. My question, therefore, is: is it possible to edit the PAY TO list and delete names of some payees? If so, how is it done? All repli...

XML updating,querying question #2
I use a TreeView WebControl Menu which i installed from microsoft. But the TreeView XML that can be loaded with the Webcontrol is very specific.For example (The root as to be TREENODES!!):- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <TREENODES> <TreeNode Text="Contracts"> <TreeNode Text="Contract Pads" NavigateUrl="a.aspx" target="_blank"/> <TreeNode Text="Points Deduction Report" NavigateUrl="a.aspx" target="_blank"/> <TreeNode Text="" NavigateUrl=...

emails lost with compression error. Restore question.
I run Vista Home Premium and have Windows Home and Student. I use Windows mail. During a mail compression I got an error saying that the program was in use and an error had occurred. All of the e-mails were lost but there was some kind of automatic e-mail restoration. I was able to retreive what I needed from a restore e-mail folder. My question -- There are now a bunch of files in my trash bin relating to the restored e-mails. They showed up there by themselves. When I click on them they are listed as restored Windows Mail files and Recovered File Fragments. Since I have...

Question regarding sending mail via. IMAP
Hello, I'm making a component which sends e-mail via outlook using IMAP. This requires outlook to be running, but I was wondering if there was anyway to access this functionality without having the gui of outlook running or at least get it in the outbox for the next time outlook starts? Any help would be appreciated. Norwegian guy 68 <fake@fake.com> wrote: > I'm making a component which sends e-mail via outlook using IMAP. You can't send mail via IMAP, only receive it. Sending is done with SMTP. > This requires outlook to be running, but I was wondering if...

win 7 64 bit program files question
I'm trying to run vst's with Sonar, a music arranger etc. Because the vst is 32 bit it is loaded in program file(86) and Sonar, which is 64 bit, can't find them. It's a real problem. Why are there two program file folders? Is it just to keep them straight or is it actually functional as to how windows handles the programs? It makes transitioning from 32 bit almost impossible. I am thinking of starting over, deleting the program files (x86) folder and making sure I redirect every install to plain "program files". Would that really screw things up? ...

Questions
Hi, Which could be the questions asked in interview vc++, MFC, ATL COM . If anybody suggests link of the website, that is welcome too. Thank you, Lee <yang__lee@ausi.com> wrote in message news:1143779032.016063.201900@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Which could be the questions asked in interview vc++, MFC, ATL COM . > If anybody suggests link of the website, that is welcome too. http://www.techinterviews.com/?p=56 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com search MFC FAQ, ATL FAQ in the google. I see Ajay posted the Microsoft version which is good. One th...

CButton::SetIcon() question
Hi, Is there any way that after calling CButton::SetIcon() the icon will fit into the button? I tried to make a 16X16 small icon for the button but it still use a 'larger' icon for the button so some part of the icon is clipped away. I original created a 32X32 icon but later I delete it and add a 16X16 icon for the button. Is that cause the system use the biger icon? Thanks for any help, Chi "Chi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bc701c4afb9$728b2a30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any way that after calling CButton...

XSL question #2
I have an sample xml below. I want to do a distinct on the code node and the programDescription. I want the output to be like in a tree structure. So i would like to have PRG004 >Crazy Training 2> MAT01 PHS101 Any ideas it musn't be in a tree but it could be in a table structure Thanks <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="email.xsl"?> <NewDataSet> <ProgramDetail> <Code>PRG004</Code> <programDescription&g...

Update question

Question about validation lists
What causes the validation list to change the range to add one or more empty cells to the end of the list. When playing round with the defined Name formula I notice it can change the range to include empty cells. Anyone got any thought on this? =OFFSET(Sheet3!$F$1,0,0,COUNTIF(Sheet3!$F:$F,"?*")) If there are blanks in column F followed by data that could cause it. --- HTH Bob Phillips "Gotroots" <Gotroots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24462E24-01B2-4649-A4BF-DBFA97F30CC7@microsoft.com... > What causes the validation ...

Expanding Organisation and Exchange Questions
Hi there Current environment is a Single Windows 2003 Functional Level Forest with 2 Domains; a Forest Root (Schema Admin) and a Child Production Domain (Used for user accounts, resources etc.). Exchange 2003 is used for a number of mail domains and the server resides within the production domain. Due to potential expanision of the company there is a requirement for a separate company that although allowed to share IT resources must appear independant e.g. for e-mail purposes they will be another e-mail domain and their e-mail global address list must not include the users from the si...

Personal Folder question
I use outlook at work and would like to keep a copy of my emails at home. The copy at home would just be for offline reading, I do not want to be connected to work. I went to my local settings->application data->microsoft->outlook folder, and copied the three files to my home computer: outlook.ost - 70 megs archive.pst - 7 megs Company-outlook.ost - 100 megs Why are there 3 files and whats the differences between them? I went into Outlook and choose 'Open Folder' but it only gave me the option to open a .pst file, and I opened the archive.pst file, and there was only my &#...