Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)

- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the
~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?)

- We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use
the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the
mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will
happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export?
Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does
exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Franz

Exmerge as of yet has not been modified to support Unicode PST files, so the
maxiumum is still 2gb.  As for your second question, I don't know for sure,
but I'd certainly suspect that Exmerge will only delete messages that it
touches/exports.  If your journal mailbox is larger than 2gb, you'll have to
use a Date range anyways.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Franz Schenk" <franz.schenkNOSPAM@fititNO-_SPAM.ch> wrote in message
>- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the
> ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?)
>
> - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will
> use
> the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the
> mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will
> happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export?
> Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does
> exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help!
> Franz

0
Ben

asap utilities question
I have Msft. Excel Vsn 2002 and latest vsn. of ASAP Utilities. I used ASAP Utilities to merge single rows of data together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text. My question now, is, is it possible using ASAP Utilities to separate the data that has been merged back into single rows of data? All information welcomed! Aaron ...

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Dotfuscator question
Hello Everybody !!! When i create programm using C# i must understand that my programm from exe - module can be converted to the source file by Reflector. In Order do not allow do this i must use dotfuscator, but i did not find any free normal dotfuscator. May be someone tell me what can i do cause now as think we have interesting paradox. We 've got free technology but if we want to protect our products we must buy expensive commercial dotfuscators. Alex Dmitriev You should post this message in a newsgroup which discusses managed code. This newsgroup does not have much managed traff...

Sending Email #6

question on the rules wizard
When clikcing on the Rules Wizard, Outlook locks up - consistently. Has anyone got a remedy for this? Thank you, rich rpage@concerto.com ...

OE questions
Ok, I have two questions: 1. With Thunderbird I can use this with a hotkey manager to compose a new message with Tbird "D:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe -compose" -- how can I do the same for Outlook Express and Outlook 2003? 2. When I go to load Outlook Express I get this error message, followed by the error message below it: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x296/gwar_1/Untitled-3.png how can I fix this and use Outlook Express? Thanks! posted to the outlookexpress newsgroup via crosspost --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Re...

question about Time

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

HQ Licensing question V.2
I have a client running HQ client at 8 stores + HQ server at the warehouse. They would like to be able to use transfers from the warehouse to the stores, so I would have to setup a new PC running Store Ops and a new database, however, in order for the transfers to take place, I need a HQ Client License correct? Do I also need a POS key? I appreciate any insights you may have. Thanks in advance Hi Phil yes - you'll need an HQ Client license so it can exchange with your headquarters - "export" the wh database as you would any store from HQ no - you won't need a PO...

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Hopefully Simple VBA questions
Using VBA, I want to go row-by-row and get the values from certain cell in each row so I can run some tests on them, then put the result of th tests back in certain cells. This is how I am set up so far, can you help me with my questions i CAPS below?: Sub Example() Dim i As Long, c1 As Long, c2 As Long c1 = 0 c2 = 0 For i = 1 To 120 (HOW DO I MAKE THIS DYNAMIC TO INCLUDE NEW ROW AS THEY ARE ADDED?) If Cells(i, 2).Value Then 'start flag is true (HOW DO I MAK VBA GO TO A DIFFERENT WORKSHEET WITH THE Cells(I,2).Value STATEMENT? If Cells(i, 1).Value = "E" Then c1 = c1 + 1 E...

Manual removal of SFO 1.2?
Is there a known process for manually uninstalling this thing? I won't bore you with the mundane details, suffice to say, I cannot log in as the installing user and uninstall this thing. Please tell me there is a documented manual removal process. -- ..NET Nobody / C# Proponent I know it sucks but if you cannot log in as the installing user - its borked - if you deleted the profile for the installing user re create it - its a permissions thing/bug if you deleted the user from AD - recrete it - it is faster than re installing XP from scratch - "Chris S" <ChrisS@di...