Question regarding Exchange 5.5 and 2003 running at the same time

I recently upgraded my domain from NT 4.0 to 2003 in mix mode. I still have a
few BDCs and Exchange 5.5 running with no problems.  To prepare for Exchange
2003 install I ran forest prep, domain prep and ADC connector. Can I install
Exchange 2003 with Exchange 5.5 running at the same time. What downtime
should I expect?
What could go wrong?? If anyone has any insight or comments feel free to
pass it on.

DC
0
DennisC (6)

There are a bunch of documents and good books available on that subject.
Search on the microsoft site for keywords "5.5 migrate 2003"
 I followed the instructions carefully, it takes some time, but it is
well-documented.
Pay special attention to public folder replication and the removal of the
last exchange 5.5 server.

"DennisC" <DennisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded my domain from NT 4.0 to 2003 in mix mode. I still have
> few BDCs and Exchange 5.5 running with no problems.  To prepare for
> Exchange
> 2003 install I ran forest prep, domain prep and ADC connector. Can I
> install
> Exchange 2003 with Exchange 5.5 running at the same time. What downtime
> should I expect?
> What could go wrong?? If anyone has any insight or comments feel free to
> pass it on.
>
> DC

Go to the following web site and download the Exchange Deployment Tools.
They will guide you through your integration process:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=271e51fd-fe7d-42ad-b621-45f974ed34c0&DisplayLang=en

The Exchange 5.5 server never has to be down for you to integrate an
Exchange 2003 server into your Org.  The most important piece of this
integration will be the ADC deployment and configuration.  This can make or
break your migration.

"DennisC" wrote:

> I recently upgraded my domain from NT 4.0 to 2003 in mix mode. I still have a
> few BDCs and Exchange 5.5 running with no problems.  To prepare for Exchange
> 2003 install I ran forest prep, domain prep and ADC connector. Can I install
> Exchange 2003 with Exchange 5.5 running at the same time. What downtime
> should I expect?
> What could go wrong?? If anyone has any insight or comments feel free to
> pass it on.
>
> DC
0
Mailman (56)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Question -Problem

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Pivot Table Question #5

Contacts in Exchange #2

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

question on os authenticity
I purchased a laptop with Windows 2000 preinstalled from a dealer who claims to be a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher. There was no COA attached to the body of the computer and he claims that he was not required to because he owns the license to it, not me. Is this correct? -- julesrh77 Good question but not for this community. You need to post your question in a Windows community. But, I think he's wrong and you should call Microsoft directly to ask them. You can find their phone number by going to www.microsoft.com. -- Charles Allen, MVP "julesrh77" wrote: > ...

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary