Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.

I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new
server.  Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled.

I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second
Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old
server to the new server but I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I move the public folders?  I'm assuming I can setup Replication
between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data.

2) What happens when the current server goes off line?  Other then having to
update the users outlook settings, is there anything else I need to do to
notify the new exchange server that the old server no longer exists?  If
replication is the proper way to migrate public folders should I assume that
I have to go in and remove the connection manually?

TIA

--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

0
rkircher (53)

1.  Yes.  You go to the properties of the public folders you need replicated
and add the new server as a replica.  Once you've verified all the content
has been replicated, you can simply remove the old server from the list of
replicas.  If you have a lot of public folders, you can look at using
pfdavadmin to add and remove the replicas.

2.  You actually won't have to update Outlook.  as long as you use the
Exchange Tasks, Move Mailbox, and keep the old server online for a few days
(at least) after you move the mailboxes, the next time Outlook tries to
connect to the old server, it will be issued a referral to the new server,
and will automatically update the profile to point to the new server.  Cool,
huh?

There are actually KB articles on how to remove the first server in the
site, which is a good resource that helps you remember some of the things
that typically get forgotten, like System public folders, and Recipient
Update Service, etc.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rkircher@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new
> server.  Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled.
>
> I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second
> Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the
> old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1) How do I move the public folders?  I'm assuming I can setup Replication
> between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data.
>
> 2) What happens when the current server goes off line?  Other then having
> to update the users outlook settings, is there anything else I need to do
> to notify the new exchange server that the old server no longer exists?
> If replication is the proper way to migrate public folders should I assume
> that I have to go in and remove the connection manually?
>
> TIA
>
> --
>
> Rob
> "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

0
Ben
8/10/2006 4:58:31 AM
Thanks Ben this should help out a lot.  I'll read over the article posted.

--

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:OGELamDvGHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> 1.  Yes.  You go to the properties of the public folders you need
> replicated and add the new server as a replica.  Once you've verified all
> the content has been replicated, you can simply remove the old server from
> the list of replicas.  If you have a lot of public folders, you can look
> at using pfdavadmin to add and remove the replicas.
>
> 2.  You actually won't have to update Outlook.  as long as you use the
> Exchange Tasks, Move Mailbox, and keep the old server online for a few
> days (at least) after you move the mailboxes, the next time Outlook tries
> to connect to the old server, it will be issued a referral to the new
> server, and will automatically update the profile to point to the new
> server.  Cool, huh?
>
> There are actually KB articles on how to remove the first server in the
> site, which is a good resource that helps you remember some of the things
> that typically get forgotten, like System public folders, and Recipient
> Update Service, etc.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rkircher@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new
>> server.  Once complete the old server will be taken off line and
>> recycled.
>>
>> I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a
>> second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes
>> from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions.
>>
>> 1) How do I move the public folders?  I'm assuming I can setup
>> Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public
>> folder data.
>>
>> 2) What happens when the current server goes off line?  Other then having
>> to update the users outlook settings, is there anything else I need to do
>> to notify the new exchange server that the old server no longer exists?
>> If replication is the proper way to migrate public folders should I
>> assume that I have to go in and remove the connection manually?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rob
>> "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

0
rkircher (53)
8/10/2006 1:47:29 PM
Thanks again Ben but I have one additional question.  Once the Exchange
migration is complete I'm planning to also transfer my First Domain
Controller responsibility to this same server and remove the old server as
well.  (this is an effort to remove very old hardware and down size our
system)  Anyway, is there any gatchas I have to look out for when I remove
this old DC.  I've been searching the KB for article on how to do this but
haven't been successful.

Thanks again for your help.

--

Rob
"A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:OGELamDvGHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> 1.  Yes.  You go to the properties of the public folders you need
> replicated and add the new server as a replica.  Once you've verified all
> the content has been replicated, you can simply remove the old server from
> the list of replicas.  If you have a lot of public folders, you can look
> at using pfdavadmin to add and remove the replicas.
>
> 2.  You actually won't have to update Outlook.  as long as you use the
> Exchange Tasks, Move Mailbox, and keep the old server online for a few
> days (at least) after you move the mailboxes, the next time Outlook tries
> to connect to the old server, it will be issued a referral to the new
> server, and will automatically update the profile to point to the new
> server.  Cool, huh?
>
> There are actually KB articles on how to remove the first server in the
> site, which is a good resource that helps you remember some of the things
> that typically get forgotten, like System public folders, and Recipient
> Update Service, etc.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rkircher@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new
>> server.  Once complete the old server will be taken off line and
>> recycled.
>>
>> I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a
>> second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes
>> from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions.
>>
>> 1) How do I move the public folders?  I'm assuming I can setup
>> Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public
>> folder data.
>>
>> 2) What happens when the current server goes off line?  Other then having
>> to update the users outlook settings, is there anything else I need to do
>> to notify the new exchange server that the old server no longer exists?
>> If replication is the proper way to migrate public folders should I
>> assume that I have to go in and remove the connection manually?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rob
>> "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

0
rkircher (53)
8/10/2006 2:12:56 PM
Be careful with this.  It isn't recommended to run Exchange servers as DC's
(it is supported, though).  If you do, you might as well not have a backup
DC, because Exchange will never use it.

Aside from that, you just need to make sure that the new DC is also a GC,
and that you've transferred all the FSMO roles before you run dcpromo.

--

> [...]
>>> second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes
>>> from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions.
>>>
>>> 1) How do I move the public folders?  I'm assuming I can setup
>>> Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public
>>> folder data.
>>>
>>> 2) What happens when the current server goes off line?  Other then
>>> having to update the users outlook settings, is there anything else I
>>> need to do to notify the new exchange server that the old server no
>>> longer exists? If replication is the proper way to migrate public
>>> folders should I assume that I have to go in and remove the connection
>>> manually?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Rob
>>> "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

8/10/2006 5:47:03 PM
Thanks again Ben.  Yes I know it's not good practice to run on a DC but in
this case I don't have a choice.  We are down sizing and removing older
equipment.  By the time this project is over we'll be down to the one server
and a NAS.  Not ideal from an IT standpoint but considering the size of the
organization its not all that bad either.

--

in message news:OhPj3TKvGHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Be careful with this.  It isn't recommended to run Exchange servers as
> DC's (it is supported, though).  If you do, you might as well not have a
> backup DC, because Exchange will never use it.
>
> Aside from that, you just need to make sure that the new DC is also a GC,
> and that you've transferred all the FSMO roles before you run dcpromo.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rkircher@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> Thanks again Ben but I have one additional question.  Once the Exchange
>> migration is complete I'm planning to also transfer my First Domain
>> Controller responsibility to this same server and remove the old server
>> as well.  (this is an effort to remove very old hardware and down size
>> our system)  Anyway, is there any gatchas I have to look out for when I
>> remove this old DC.  I've been searching the KB for article on how to do
>> this but haven't been successful.
>>
>> Thanks again for your help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rob
>> "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"
>>

>> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom>
>> wrote in message news:OGELamDvGHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> 1.  Yes.  You go to the properties of the public folders you need
>>> replicated and add the new server as a replica.  Once you've verified
>>> all the content has been replicated, you can simply remove the old
>>> server from the list of replicas.  If you have a lot of public folders,
>>> you can look at using pfdavadmin to add and remove the replicas.
>>>
>>> 2.  You actually won't have to update Outlook.  as long as you use the
>>> Exchange Tasks, Move Mailbox, and keep the old server online for a few
>>> days (at least) after you move the mailboxes, the next time Outlook
>>> tries to connect to the old server, it will be issued a referral to the
>>> new server, and will automatically update the profile to point to the
>>> new server.  Cool, huh?
>>>
>>> There are actually KB articles on how to remove the first server in the
>>> site, which is a good resource that helps you remember some of the
>>> things that typically get forgotten, like System public folders, and
>>> Recipient Update Service, etc.
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ben Winzenz
>>> Exchange MVP
>>> MessageOne
>>> Read my blog!
>>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>>

>>> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rkircher@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message

0
rkircher (53)
8/11/2006 12:36:12 AM
Also, it's worth adding that if this is Exchange 2003, changing the role of
the server *after* exchange is installed is not supported.  That means that
you can't run dcpromo after Exchange 2003 has been installed.  Exchange 2000
doesn't have that limitation.

--

> Thanks again Ben.  Yes I know it's not good practice to run on a DC but in
> this case I don't have a choice.  We are down sizing and removing older
> equipment.  By the time this project is over we'll be down to the one
> server and a NAS.  Not ideal from an IT standpoint but considering the
> size of the organization its not all that bad either.
>
> --
>
> Rob
> "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
> in message news:OhPj3TKvGHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Be careful with this.  It isn't recommended to run Exchange servers as
>> DC's (it is supported, though).  If you do, you might as well not have a
>> backup DC, because Exchange will never use it.
>>
>> Aside from that, you just need to make sure that the new DC is also a GC,
>> and that you've transferred all the FSMO roles before you run dcpromo.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rkircher@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>>> Thanks again Ben but I have one additional question.  Once the Exchange
>>> migration is complete I'm planning to also transfer my First Domain
>>> Controller responsibility to this same server and remove the old server
>>> as well.  (this is an effort to remove very old hardware and down size
>>> our system)  Anyway, is there any gatchas I have to look out for when I
>>> remove this old DC.  I've been searching the KB for article on how to do
>>> this but haven't been successful.
>>>
>>> Thanks again for your help.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Rob
>>> "A disturbing new study finds that studies are disturbing"

0
Ben

Problem adding new record in form view
Hi there, I have inherited an acccess database and have had to do some troubleshooting on an error message which is now sorted out. I now am unable to add a new record in form view, however if I enter the information directly into the table there is no problem. Please could you help with what might be going wrong? Thanks -- Snoozi Suzi Open the form in design view. Open the properties window for the form. Is the Allow Additions property set to yes? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "SnooziSuzi" <SnooziSuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Exchange Server Removal
I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr 2003 in it's own admin group, all in one Exchange Org. I want to remove 1 of the servers and it's admin group. Do I just uninstall the Exchange Svr software on the desired server and then remove that admin group from another Exchange Svr manager...? If so, and advice to make it go smooth...? Thanks, Tom... On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:10:51 -0400, "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr ...

5.2.1 NDR
I have an issue with users unable to send messages to mail-enabled public folders in the same organization. Email can be sent to the public folder from outside. I found this is a pretty common issue but nothing helped resolve my issue. It appears to be fixed in SP2 however I am still having problems. I looked at the KB articles listed below and verified the Anonymous user has the appropriate rights. I see there was a hotfix in Exchange 2003 RTM and SP1. I also looked at all the AD permissions and the Exchange Enterprise Server group has permissions that was mentioned in various...

Exchange SSL Certificate
We need to have an SSL certificate for Outlook Web Access but our internal domain is called domain.int I understand the .int domain is for government treaty organisations and this is causing us a possible issue in getting an SSL certificate. Can we just get a certificate for mail.domain.com & autodiscover.domain.com? Do we need to have the internal server address on the certificate? What features of Exchange do we lose without the internal address? Thanks in advance for any replies Niaz It depends on whether you are going to use that certificate for both internal ...

Exchange 5.5 uninstall/retire
Hello friends: I would like to retire/decommission one of our Exchange 5.5 servers, currently this server exists in a Exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 mixed environment (under single organization). My question is what is the best way to retire this machine, this exchange server does not have information store, and it is not the last exchange 5.5 server in the exchange organization. Thanks for your help. On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:14:01 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote: >Hello friends: > >I would like to retire/decommission one of our Exchange 5.5 servers, >currently this ...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

DST update tool for Outlook/exchange...
Hi all, How do i check if the patch for outlook software applied and work? After applied all the patch for server, exchange, and Outlook/exchange update tool, will the appointment shift by 1 hour or it will stays at the same time as of NOW before 3/11? THanks for your time. Only the appointments in the affected DST period will be impacted - which occurs 3 weeks earlier and ends 1 week later than earlier years. The Outlook Timezone Update Tool in interactive, allows selecting/deselecting appointments to be changed and outputs a log that is displayed at the end of the session. When you...

Exchange 2003 OWA stopped working and DNS Events
Hi All, I am struggling with yet another Exchange 2003 problem. It has been working flawlessley for almost, nothing changed and all of a sudden quit working. When I try to open up my OWA I am getting the 503 service unavailable page. In my Event Logs, I am seeing this when I reboot the server: The dynamic registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.ic-MYDOMAINXXXX.us. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 exchange.MYDOMAINXXXX.us.' failed on the following DNS server: DNS server IP address: 205.178.190.31 Returned Response Code (RCODE): 5 Returne...

Working offline, but no exchange server to go online with.
Hi, I use: Win XP SP2, Office 2003, SP 2. I started to create an Exchange Server account but shortly after, deleted it. Since then, I get an "Offline" icon in the right lower corner of the Also, when I try to use Rules and Alerts, I get the message: "You are currently working offline. To use this command, you must go online and connect to the Exchange Server." I do not have Exchange Server. There is no choice to go online in File Menu either. Any help would be appreciated. Create a new mail profile in Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. = Configure it with...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

More line number questions
As in the previous post, I have constructed the queries, referenced the LastDayInMonth field however I am still struggling with how to report only the records for the FirstDayMonth entered. If I use any criteria in the query on the actual ExpenseDate either matching the month or using between two dates, the query only returns the actual number of records and none of the records where the dates are empty. So if there are 10 actual days with data then only those 10 show regardless of the number of days in the month. I hope that I am stating the problem clearly. The only solution I ha...

What happened to the New Form Dialog box; are there still autoform

exchange 2007 delayed sending
a while ago I posted a message about delayed sending being stuck in the outbox in outlook 2007 outlook can not be closed as then the email is not send now I am trying to do the same but using outlook in online modus instead, the messages are now send immediately this even though the message header in outlook clearly states that the message is not to be delivered before "date and time" (in the future) how can I find out why this feature is not working (as expected) thnx This artical is very useful and it applies to Exchange/Outlook 2007 as well http://blogs...

insert new row doesn't add formula
I have a table A2->M100 In the M Column I have a sum to calculate the total of that row =SUM(A34:N34) for example Now if I want to add a row into that table, I click on the number o the left, that highlights the row then I go insert>>row and that keep the formatting of the cells. BUT it doesn't add the =SUM(A54:N54) in the M column, and so I have ha to edit each cell by hand to get the correct formula. Is there an easier way to add a row and keep fomulas within that row but obviously automatically change the numbers to suit the row -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Moving Average Question? Help
I'm creating a spreadsheet to track averages for a golf league. Th scores for an individual will be enetered across a row such a (A1:A50). Each column will represent a week. I need a formula tha will calculate the average of the last 10 weeks played. Some week will be blank if that person missed a week. So I need it to ignor zero, however, still count back to the last 10 played. Note: A1:A1 will be the last 10 played last year...so the formula will start i A11 -- gillem ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gillemi's Profile: http://www.excelf...

newbie question
Hi, I just started using Money 2004 deluxe and to be honest this is the first time I use it so I have some basic questions that I tried to find answer without success. 1- I included a CC account, this is an old credit card and I don't know the starting balance of it, I just know the current balance. I downloaded the transactions from the bank and now I'm trying to balance it. What is the best way of doing it? I was trying to look for an option that let me especify the current balance and the software be capable of calculate the starting balance. 2- Last friday I downloaded a...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

Bank Reconciliation problem/question
In working on the reconciliation we've run across several transactions in the bank reconciliation screen that, in fact, are in a different checkbook than the one being reconcilied. As an example, we were reconciling our JPMorganChase bank account and one of the deposits listed in the screen is number 00000000000000000021 for $127,024.77 dated 2/22/06. However, this deposit, when zoomed in on, is actually in another of our checkbooks. It doesn't show up in the checkbook inquiry for Chase nor did it hit the g/l account associated with the Chase checkbook. There was a deposit wit...

what exactly is the 'alias' for? and a few other related questions.
exchange 2000 sp3 on windows 2000 server sp4 When I make user accounts the username and email naming conventions differ. For example, username is firstname only and email address is first initial of first name followed by a '.' and then the last name. So as I create an account I enter the username, then when I get to the exchange part the username is pre-populated as the alias, which I change to our naming convention. The email address gets created according to the alias. example: username: joe alias: j.schmoe email: j.schmoe@domain.com (by default based on alias) I have never had a...

Please help me with a couple of VBA related Word questions... than
1. If a group of users have a common template installed on their machine, and they are all sent a document created with that template, is the appropriate corresponding template identified by its filename, or by its fully-qualified-folder-path-filename (which could be in different locations on different client machines), or something else? 2. Can VBA code be separated from the document and distributed separately from the document? 3. What's the best way of distributing changes to a VBA macro? Thank you for your help I do not have the facilities to the check a...

RE: Check out this important package from M$
--ymlnvvfgmuljc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dojsubxijhqfgbi"; type="multipart/alternative" --dojsubxijhqfgbi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="baxgpvgkfadysvrwp" --baxgpvgkfadysvrwp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from thes...

Microsoft CRM and Exchange integration
We are trying to evaluate Microsoft CRM and have questions about its interoperability with Exchange. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Here are some questions: 1. If a user adds a contact in CRM, will this be added to a contact list in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds a contact in Exchange, can it show up in CRM? 2. If a user adds an appointment in CRM, will this be added to the user's calendar in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds an appointment to their calendar in Exchange, can it show up ...

Exchange Permissions #7
I am our currnet exchange administrator with full mailbox rights to every mailbox within our Admin Group. I can not remember what rights given to me to view all mailboxes in our admin group? Essentially, I am trying to grant another admin rights to view all mailboxes to mirror mine. What rights do I need to give him? J this technet link will help you to solve this http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/pubfolderpermissions.mspx "JCO" wrote: > I am our currnet exchange administrator with full mailbox rights to every > mailbox within our...