Question about creating a group mailbox

Hey,
            I am wanting to create a mailbox that multiple people will be 
able to access. When we were on exchange 5.5 I could just create a mailbox 
and assign me as the owner. I would then give access to the other people to 
view the folders and they would add the mailbox so they could view it in 
outlook. Since we have upgraded to exchange 2003 it doesnt seem to allow me 
to assign myself to own multiple mailboxes. I could just add a user and 
create the mailbox, but I am trying to get around creating a user that we do 
not need. Any help would be great.

        Thanks 


0
acidflea (19)
11/20/2006 9:06:39 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
451 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

In Exchange Server 5.x, each user account could be the owner of multiple 
mailboxes. In Exchange Server 200x, each user account can only be associated 
with a single mailbox (think of this as a primary mailbox). However, you can 
create additional mailbox-enabled user accounts, and change the security 
settings on those accounts so you have Full Mailbox Right access on these 
mailboxes as well. This allows you to open additional mailboxes in Outlook.
-- 
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog
----------------------------------------------


"James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:%23qa9weODHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hey,
>            I am wanting to create a mailbox that multiple people will be 
> able to access. When we were on exchange 5.5 I could just create a mailbox 
> and assign me as the owner. I would then give access to the other people 
> to view the folders and they would add the mailbox so they could view it 
> in outlook. Since we have upgraded to exchange 2003 it doesnt seem to 
> allow me to assign myself to own multiple mailboxes. I could just add a 
> user and create the mailbox, but I am trying to get around creating a user 
> that we do not need. Any help would be great.
>
>        Thanks
> 


0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/20/2006 9:14:33 PM
Bharat,
            So I would need to create a user to be able to create the 
mailbox is what you are saying?

        Thanks,
                     James Market


"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message 
news:u49UgjODHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> In Exchange Server 5.x, each user account could be the owner of multiple 
> mailboxes. In Exchange Server 200x, each user account can only be 
> associated with a single mailbox (think of this as a primary mailbox). 
> However, you can create additional mailbox-enabled user accounts, and 
> change the security settings on those accounts so you have Full Mailbox 
> Right access on these mailboxes as well. This allows you to open 
> additional mailboxes in Outlook.
> -- 
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>
> "James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23qa9weODHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hey,
>>            I am wanting to create a mailbox that multiple people will be 
>> able to access. When we were on exchange 5.5 I could just create a 
>> mailbox and assign me as the owner. I would then give access to the other 
>> people to view the folders and they would add the mailbox so they could 
>> view it in outlook. Since we have upgraded to exchange 2003 it doesnt 
>> seem to allow me to assign myself to own multiple mailboxes. I could just 
>> add a user and create the mailbox, but I am trying to get around creating 
>> a user that we do not need. Any help would be great.
>>
>>        Thanks
>>
>
> 


0
acidflea (19)
11/21/2006 6:49:44 PM
Yes.

-- 
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog
----------------------------------------------


"James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:%23NDT$2ZDHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Bharat,
>            So I would need to create a user to be able to create the 
> mailbox is what you are saying?
>
>        Thanks,
>                     James Market
>
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message 
> news:u49UgjODHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> In Exchange Server 5.x, each user account could be the owner of multiple 
>> mailboxes. In Exchange Server 200x, each user account can only be 
>> associated with a single mailbox (think of this as a primary mailbox). 
>> However, you can create additional mailbox-enabled user accounts, and 
>> change the security settings on those accounts so you have Full Mailbox 
>> Right access on these mailboxes as well. This allows you to open 
>> additional mailboxes in Outlook.
>> -- 
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>> ----------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> "James" <acidflea@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23qa9weODHHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Hey,
>>>            I am wanting to create a mailbox that multiple people will be 
>>> able to access. When we were on exchange 5.5 I could just create a 
>>> mailbox and assign me as the owner. I would then give access to the 
>>> other people to view the folders and they would add the mailbox so they 
>>> could view it in outlook. Since we have upgraded to exchange 2003 it 
>>> doesnt seem to allow me to assign myself to own multiple mailboxes. I 
>>> could just add a user and create the mailbox, but I am trying to get 
>>> around creating a user that we do not need. Any help would be great.
>>>
>>>        Thanks
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/21/2006 7:40:22 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CInternetSession question
Have written some handlers that login to various websites to extract data. I need the facility to log in to the same website with two different accounts running in the same application. I use different CInternetSession objects but I can't seem to create two unique sessions from within the same application, i.e the two sessions always become the same as the last one to have logged in. As far as I am aware I am handling the session cookies correctly, can anyone explain this behaviour or any ways around it? Many Thanks in advance. -- Paul... ...

stock control question
Hello all, I have 2000 items and want to represent them as full cartons - inner cartons and single items. Full cartons have 36 pieces inner cartons have 6 pieces and singles are self explanatory. I tried using the INT formula but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there something else I can use? So want it to look like this stock 2000 - master cartons 55 ( 55x36=1980) inner cartons 3 ( 3 x 6=18) singles 2 ( 2 x 1) regards -- kinsey Assuming 2000 is in A1, all below formulas will go A2 - A4 =INT(A1/36) =INT(MOD(A1,36)/6) =A1-(A2*36+A3*6) "kinsey" wrote: > He...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

Win32_Service Question
Hello, I have the below script that pretty much gets the state of services and colour them if they are started or stopped. Problem is that if I select a service individually it returns with the colour. However, if I select all the serivces on my machine it ignores the "IF" statement - any idea how I can get the colour of the services to affect all of them? Also, in terms of individual services then I use the below: $colItems = get-wmiobject -class "Win32_Service" -filter "Name='ClipSrv'" -namespace "root\CIMV2" ` -computername $...

how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.
im new to this office. the former person made an access code sheet (looks like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes files that are in the office. i guess the former did not save the sheet, and i need to add new files. So if i need to make a new access code sheet to number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this. (and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to instructions) you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function. you could just as easily do it in excel as well simpl...

excel dropdown menu question
Being a complete newbie here, my question is as follows. I have created a spreadsheet for our Little League baseball team by position and inning. In each cell I have created a dropdown menu that lists each of our 11 players by name so that all I have to do is select the players name and it fills in that cell for that position/inning. What I would like this drop down menu to do, if possible, is as I move down the player position (in a single inning) and choose a players name to fill that position, the dropdown menu then removes that players name in the next position to be filled. EX: ...

Exchange user Administrative Group
Hello, We have 25 sites world wide. We close our office in Turkey and all user's inside this site moved to other site. The DC has been decomissioned. Now, after 3 weeks, we wanted to remove the site OU from AD. But, when I checked the user properties under Exchange Advance Tab in AD console, I found user is under the site OU that need to be remove. We would like to remove that site OU from Active Directory. Does it create problem?, when site OU deleted from AD? if yes, can we change it to the site where all the user's belongs currently? appreciate your advise and help. Yonkey...

How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data?
How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? Hi, Stephen Bullen has an example. See ChtFrmla within the Charting section. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm The example file is, http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=ChtFrmla.zip Also see Tushar Mehta's Plot manager, http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy ashemorry wrote: > How do I create a graph from an equation and not a set of data? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

question about $get in ajax scriptAction
Hi, i'm learning ajax and i found this code in one of the sample (aspx) files: <ScriptAction Script="Cover($get('flyout'), $get('info'));" /> 'Cover' is a javascript function, but what is '$get'? Is this the same as document.getElementById ? If yes, which advantage has it? Thanks Luc "Luc" <qcqsc@qscqs.fr> wrote in message news:%234%235TYcrKHA.4236@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > i'm learning ajax and i found this code in one of the sample (aspx) > files: > > <Script...

Re-editing a created calendar
Hi All, I created a calendar begining of 2009 which shows the holidays of our company. Now we entered 2010 and the new holidays are published. I want to update the calendar I created for my company, so I can use this global template calendar which I have been using in all of our projects. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks in advance. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B7_01CA9863.4CF80F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Erol, Welcome to this Mic...

Question on references
Hi All, I've got a database into which I have to import data from MS Word. I initially made a reference to 'Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library' for this purpose. I thought everything was fine until I tested on the server and realized that Word is not installed on the server (Access is, but only for the purpose performing some nightly routines). So, my problem was that I have clients running Office 2000 (10.0), Office 2003 (11.0), and server with only Access installed. I think I can get around this by putting the required .OLB file on the server and using its UNC path to...

question
how I transfer a spreadsheet to the pocket pc? Not that I have any experience in this area, but I imagine the same way you would transfer any file to it. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <04f701c3b072$54fccd80$a101280a@phx.gbl>, elprieto69 @hotmail.com says... > how I transfer a spreadsheet to the pocket pc? > > ...

Backup Exec: Backing up Exhange Store vs Mailboxes and Folders
In Backup Exec, you can choose to back up Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Information Store. Is it necessary to backup the Information Store if you are backing up the Mailboxes and Public Folders, or is that redundant? Thanks, Cliff cleeseely@gmail.com wrote: > In Backup Exec, you can choose to back up Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes, > Microsoft Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Information Store. Is > it necessary to backup the Information Store if you are backing up the > Mailboxes and Public Folders, or is that redundant? >...

Creating Shortcut
Hi everyone, Can you please help me how I can creat shortcut for keyboard? Thanks in advance. -- eylul ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eylul's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13025 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378010 Do you have a macro that you need a shortcut key? If yes, Tools|macro|macros|Select your macro and click the option button There's a spot where you can specify the shortcut key. If you're looking for the equivalent to MSWord's: Tools|cu...

Re-creating Great Plains Database Objects
Hi All, I just recovered data from corrupt Great Plains mdf files for GP 8.0 and imported to the newly created databases (Dynamics and the Company), I want to recreate sps,Functions,rules and views that came out of the box during the initial installation. I tried using the Great Plains utility tool ,it pickups up the database but I am failing to run the special Upgrade feature. Any ideas folks? -- "The Best thing in life is life" Ibutho, If this is already a corrupted environment, the best thing to do is scratch that installation and start over. Drop all GP databases on y...

Question ??
I have a problem with outlook macros. When I try to run my macro, this message popups: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how enable macros." My question is: How can I enable macros for my project? Please help This has been answered already in the several newsgroups you posted this. Do not multipost! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customiz...

2 questions not posted
I posted a question last night about the error "The query processor could not produce a plan..." but it didn't show up here. I've never had that happen before. It's in my sent items (in OE). I posted it a 2nd time with a slightly different subject and it's still not here. I don't find them when I hunt for them in google either. My earlier post "which query is faster..." is here and I can find it in google. One time I posted a question that had the same exact subject as another post and it ended up under that one but that didnt' happen h...

How do I send a group list without the actual names showing?
Cindy <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: 1) Ask your question in the BODY, not the subject. 2) Put the addresses in the Bcc field. -- Brian Tillman "Cindy" wrote: > Thanks! ...

create montage
hi I really need to know how to create a montage. I live abroad now and have just had a baby I want to send a card to all family & friends in UK with a big picture in the centre and lots of others surrounding it. I can add them but they don't blend in and have a nice soft edging. I'm working with Publisher and have photoshop aswell. PLease help. Many thanks. It definitely is a Photoshop project... Publisher can do the montage but not the soft edges. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pineapple"...

Help creating crosstab query
Hi all, I'm probably going about this the wrong way, but I want to know if it is possible to use a crosstab query to display what I need. Scenario: People pay into a lotto syndicate each fortnight. The amount is $5. So in effect, they pay today and they next need to pay on 11th April 07. However, some rich people want to pay more than one period at a time, and obviously some people fall behind in their payments. So we could have Rich Joe who has now paid until 25th April by paying $10, and Poor Mary who pays $20 to catch up to today's deadline, and she next needs to pay on 11th ...

2 questions #5
hi, can I use a barcode scanner with excel to enter in data? Failing that is this possible in excel - have 300 items (people), enter some of their numbers in a box at the same time e.g 5,99,24,56 this would then enter the current time into a field on each of their rows? Is this to much for excel or am I looking at access? Basically we are having a 24hr bike race for charity, each team/person would do a lap, so need start, stop and lap counter data. thanks andym Hi Andy, A barcode scanner is essentially a keyboard. so the answer is yes it can be used to enter data into Excel. I don'...

Report builder 2.0 create report incident based
I would like to make a report of the cases which are made and how much time we spended at the specific case. I add the incidentbase and the incidentresolutinbase in the reportbuilder but the items are unrelated. There must be an incidentid in the both bases but he is only in the incidentbase. Can someone explain how solve the problem. Or do I have to select other tables? I hope someone can help Hi Erik, You should not be writing reports against the base tables - use the Filtered views instead. They are easier to use and will respect the CRM security of the user running the report...

Mobile question
There's no actual forum for Windows Mobile that I am aware of, so here I am. I want to get mail thru direct push on sbs /exchgSP2. I have a registered domain but also use a long term ISP address. I have not got myself a fixed IP yet to host my own email thru a smart host but will be shortly. A question I have is how can i get the ISP emails (e.g. myname@isp.com) as well as my own domain emails via the smartphone? I'm not sure of the best way to handle this. When I host my own email (fixed ip) do i also use a pop3 connector for the isp email? Then should i have 2 accounts on the ...

How to create button with javascript in CRM40 ?
In CRM30 I had a button with some javascripting in behind. In the isvconfig file this was added within the right entity: .... <Buttons> <Button Title="Submit TS" ToolTip="Submit TS" Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_2020.gif" JavaScript="submitTS();" /> </Buttons> .... In the \_common\scripts\global.js this function was added: function submitTS() { var SubmitTSUrl; var selectedCount; var selectedState; SubmitTSUrl="http://192.168.14.10/TS/SubmitTS.aspx?"; selectedCount=0; selectedState=""; var _objRows = do...

help please with creating a Query with different
Hello: I have a database of resources to use with clients with depression, anxiety, stress etc. I have the symptons (depression anxiety etc) as yes / no fields. I want to make a query where you can enter the sympton e.g. depression and the query provides a list of only those resources where the depression box is yes. I tried putting [enter sympton] in the field of the query and 'yes' in the criteria but that lists all the resources. Can someone tell me where I am going wrong. Thank you. On 27 feb, 07:40, Helping People Ros <Helping People R...@discussions.microsoft.co...