Querying Messages Addressed to a Domain

Dumb Question:  We have a single Exchange 2003 server receiving e-mail
messages addressed to domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com.  We'd like
to turn off domain1.com, but want to make sure messages aren't being
addressed to that domain even though it's not the primary in the recipient
policy.

How do I search the information store for any inbound messages addressed to
this domain?  Can I do it on the fly over the past say 6 months or does some
type of logging need to have been enabled?

Thanks,
0
Tim6814 (325)

Message Tracking would need to be enabled, or SMTP Protocol logging (the
latter would be quite difficult to manually wade through though).  Message
Tracking is enabled on the properties of the server object in ESM.  If you
haven't done this already, it isn't going to help you for what you want
right now.  Same thing for SMTP Protocol logging.  This is done on the
properties of the SMTP Virtual Server.  Reading the smtp protocol logs is
best done by a 3rd party reporting tool, but I suppose you could also use
something like Windows Grep to search through them all.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dumb Question:  We have a single Exchange 2003 server receiving e-mail
> messages addressed to domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com.  We'd
> like
> to turn off domain1.com, but want to make sure messages aren't being
> addressed to that domain even though it's not the primary in the recipient
> policy.
>
> How do I search the information store for any inbound messages addressed
> this domain?  Can I do it on the fly over the past say 6 months or does
> some
> type of logging need to have been enabled?
>
> Thanks,

0
Ben
9/20/2005 5:03:35 PM
Thanks.  Unfortunately I can't figure out within the Message Tracking Center
how to search for recipient *.domain1.com as it is looking for AD accounts in
which case I would get hits for all 3 domains and a wildcard isn't allowed
AND it's only based on messages meeting the search criteria currently within
the information store.  The alternative is to look through each and every
darn log file manually.

Thanks for your input.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Message Tracking would need to be enabled, or SMTP Protocol logging (the
> latter would be quite difficult to manually wade through though).  Message
> Tracking is enabled on the properties of the server object in ESM.  If you
> haven't done this already, it isn't going to help you for what you want
> right now.  Same thing for SMTP Protocol logging.  This is done on the
> properties of the SMTP Virtual Server.  Reading the smtp protocol logs is
> best done by a 3rd party reporting tool, but I suppose you could also use
> something like Windows Grep to search through them all.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
>

> "Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dumb Question:  We have a single Exchange 2003 server receiving e-mail
> > messages addressed to domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com.  We'd
> > like
> > to turn off domain1.com, but want to make sure messages aren't being
> > addressed to that domain even though it's not the primary in the recipient
> > policy.
> >
> > How do I search the information store for any inbound messages addressed
> > this domain?  Can I do it on the fly over the past say 6 months or does
> > some
> > type of logging need to have been enabled?
> >
> > Thanks,

0
Tim6814 (325)

Test Message
13/01/2010 16:19:28 ...

Error Message #31
One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that says: Program error. what causes this and can I retrieve my spreadsheet? But other workbooks will open ok? If yes, the first thing I'd do is try to find a voluteer that could try to open it on their pc. If that didn't work, sometimes you can recover your file by opening in saving in a later version of excel. Other times, openoffice can open files that excel can't. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Firefli wrote: > > One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

This query not giving correct results
I am trying to find the date when we had the most rainfall out of 3234 records, so with the first query to get the maximum rainfall in a month I get 110 records with one null and one '0' value. So this query is saying that out of 3234 records there has only been 108 days when we had rain. We probaly had more than that in one year never mind in 10 years. This cannot be right because we had 24 days of rain in November 2009 but the query only shows 16 for that month!. So how does it actually work? SQL for this below: SELECT Max(tblWXDataLeeds.ReadingDate) AS MaxOfReadin...

SMTP address list
Does anyone know of a way to obtain a list of all SMTP email addresses accepted by a server and the corresponding user account in Exchange 2003? Thanks Brad Palmer You can use LDIFDE to dump Active Directory attributes to a text file. The email addresses are held in the 'proxyAddresses' attribute, so: ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses This will give you a file called dump.ldf containing your addresses. You can add other Active Directory attributes to the export file as you see fit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexc...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

error messages
Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg add-ons and remove third party addons . I have also ran the complete scan to locate the problem but the problem still exists. "Cottontop" <Cottontop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8C3F3F-FD22-4D34-9A8E-48C23567FFAD@microsoft.com... > Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and > send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg > add-ons >...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

i want send these messages absolutly
Send all my messages, thanks No problem, will get them off first thing Monday. jacques;1652986 Wrote: > Send all my messages, thanks -- VistaRookie 10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here: '*Google*' (http://www.google.com) Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com What messages? Spam messages? You will get thousands of spam messages as soon as you post your email address. The only way anyone knows however where to send messages to is if they have your email address. "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers (provided by the ISP) as I used to set up the first e-mail account. The first e-mail address is working fine, but when I send an e-mail to the second address (from the default account), it does not appear in the Inbox. The e-mail does appear in the Sent Items folder with no errors. How do I access the second account to receive/send e-mails? Thank you for your solution(s). ...

Query Problem in Test.
I keep getting errors on the WHERE part of my query. I'm sure it's something simple. I don't know if you will need the whole code to see what the problem is. It is lengthy, so I will start with just where the problem is. Set rs = DBEngine(0)(0).OpenRecordset("SELECT T2.Distance, T1.* FROM (Church AS T1 INNER JOIN qryChurchZip1 ON T1.ChurchID = qryChurchZip1.ChurchID) INNER JOIN DistanceQuery AS T2 ON qryChurchZip1.Zip5 = T2.ZIPCode WHERE " & strWhere) ' See if found none If rs.RecordCount = 0 Then MsgBox "No Churches meet your crite...

ip address
help! I cannot open email and click on an IP address in the email to go to the website! It either freezes or does absolutely nothing. ...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

One Exchange server wont send mail to certain domains
Hi, Just wondering if I can pick someones brains. We have 2 Exchange servers, 1 2000 (Ex2000 Sp3, Win2k SP4, Global Catalogue, member), and 1 2003 server (Ex2003 Sp2, Win2k3 SP2, master). Since putting in the 2003 server, users on the 2000 server get some "mail server rejected connection" failures when sending to 1 or 2 domains, most other domains accept mail ok. Users on the 2003 box can send fine. We've checked our MX records which are in place on the firewall, and we can also telnet to these domains and complete the telnet test. 2003 > outside world (u...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #3
Hi can anybody help. I check with varies newsgroup but to no scucess. like for example below When you send mail to an X.400 personal address book (PAB) entry or one-off address, you may receive the following non-delivery report (NDR):... However, this one-off entryis not active in our server. ...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates.
Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates. Hey Friends, I have an xml given by our partner trying to integrating with us and i have their certificate with public key installed in both personal and trusted people folders. when i am using the following code to check the signature of message signed by my certificate i am able to verify the signature but when i am trying to check the signature of the message of our partner using the same following code i am not able to verify the message. the message sent by our partner is right below the code.I wou...

email address link
When I click on an email address link in the body of an received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change the settings? If so, where would I look? Thanks in Advance Try this - In your Control Panel: Open Internet Options Go to Programs Tab For Email, choose Outlook as your default. Now click OK. Retry. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on an email address link in the body of an >received email, Outlook Express editor comes up instead of >my regular Outlook Word editor. Is there a way to change >...

Changing of range (Address) to (Cell)
Hi people I have encounter a problem with the use of range From a recorded macro, it's listed this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2,A24:M28"), PlotBy:=xlRow And I edit it to this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2," & Cells(StartX, StartY), Cells(LastX, LastY)), PlotBy:=xlRow And obviously VBA compiler won't let me go this easily, it happen to give an "evil-comment" on my source range, May i know how can i solve this Thank You Hi Kaiyang, Try this, assuming the...

domain controller
If I have a more powerful comuter than needed, can I run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 domain controller, which happens to be the first domain controller in the domain? Yes, you can though it's not recommended. "rook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7e6901c4849a$4ff93a60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > If I have a more powerful comuter than needed, can I run > Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 domain controller, which > happens to be the first domain controller in the domain? Yes it is extreamely not recommended because your so called &qu...

mails are not going to yahoo domain
hii , i have an exchange 2003(sp2) with windows server 2003(sp1) on dell high end machine with 1 GB OF RAM AND 70 GB OF HARDDISK (RAID 5) , I HAVE ALSO AN SMTP FILTER ON ANOTHER HIGH END DELL MACHINE WHICH ROUTES MY MAILS TO EXCHANGE SERVER WHERE AS that smtp filter is also my smart host , the problem i am getting is that my mails are not going to yahoo domain where as i can easily send mails to hotmail and gmail and any other domain the error i am getting is like this " Your message with Subject: hii test mail could not be delivered to the following recipients: adorablea...

Query is making a nuts
Hi Using Access 2007 I have a table and two of the fields (Status and OrigStatus) have, among other possible entries, the words "Member," "Customer" or "Request." I am trying to create a query that only displays records which do NOT have "Member," "Customer" or "Request" in either field. But it won't work! I have tried putting each word in its own Criteria column in each field using syntax such as: <>"Member" with no success. I have also tried <>"Member" OR "Customer" OR "...

CMap query
Hi, I have a text file and i read the complete file and build a FILELIST - Files & GROUPLIST - groups like odbc,,jet40, jet35 The Group list in the file consists of values like version | odbc | 430 version | Jet40 | 430 version | Jet35 | 430 version | oledb | 430 version | odbc | 440 version | Jet40 | 440 version | Jet35 | 440 version | oledb | 440 The File List consists of values like FILE | odbc | <COMPLETE path of odbc file like odbc32.dll> FILE | odbc | <COMPLETE path of odbc file like odbcji32.dll> FILE | oledb | <COMPLETE path of oledb dll1> FILE | ole...

wrond respond address displayed in my emails
I am using the small business server 2003 and exchange. I send and receive emails by pop and smtpconnector using a provider. All runs very nice, except all emails got a wrong respond address: user@mydomain.local. So nobody can answer the emails by clicking on outlooks respond button. I would like to change this to the correct address: mymail@mydomain.com. Where can I find this option? Is there a general menue to change the respond address or do I have to do it for each user individually? The best solution would be, if every email sent by my exchange server would display the same respon...