Query-Based E-mail Groups

I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users.  When I
send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message.  I as the
owner of the group get an undeliverable stating:
            The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
recipients.  For all 350 users.

So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM.  I have my "Recipient
Limits" set to 2,000.  I double checked the query-based email group to make
sure it was under 2,000 recipients and it was.  Why is this happening?  Is
there a recipient limit on query-based groups?
0
JJ7759 (95)

Check the defaults tab on the message delivery properties page in the
Exchange Management Console. Their is a Receipents Limits setting and yours
may set too low. You have the ability to select "No Limit"

Good Luck,

Scott.R

"JJ" wrote:

> I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users.  When I
> send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message.  I as the
> owner of the group get an undeliverable stating:
>             The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
> addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
> recipients.  For all 350 users.
>
> So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM.  I have my "Recipient
> Limits" set to 2,000.  I double checked the query-based email group to make
> sure it was under 2,000 recipients and it was.  Why is this happening?  Is
> there a recipient limit on query-based groups?
0
ScottR (5)
11/10/2004 11:14:07 PM
Oops forgot...It's under Global Settings...

"JJ" wrote:

> I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users.  When I
> send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message.  I as the
> owner of the group get an undeliverable stating:
>             The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
> addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
> recipients.  For all 350 users.
>
> So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM.  I have my "Recipient
> Limits" set to 2,000.  I double checked the query-based email group to make
> sure it was under 2,000 recipients and it was.  Why is this happening?  Is
> there a recipient limit on query-based groups?
0
ScottR (5)
11/10/2004 11:16:04 PM
In addition, are you  utilizing message journaling ?

"Scott.R" <ScottR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Oops forgot...It's under Global Settings...
>
> "JJ" wrote:
>
>> I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users.  When I
>> send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message.  I as
>> the
>> owner of the group get an undeliverable stating:
>>             The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
>> addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
>> recipients.  For all 350 users.
>>
>> So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM.  I have my "Recipient
>> Limits" set to 2,000.  I double checked the query-based email group to
>> make
>> sure it was under 2,000 recipients and it was.  Why is this happening?
>> Is
>> there a recipient limit on query-based groups?

0
Ade (80)
11/10/2004 11:51:16 PM

"Scott.R" wrote:

> Oops forgot...It's under Global Settings...
>
> "JJ" wrote:
>
> > I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users.  When I
> > send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message.  I as the
> > owner of the group get an undeliverable stating:
> >             The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
> > addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
> > recipients.  For all 350 users.
> >
> > So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM.  I have my "Recipient
> > Limits" set to 2,000.  I double checked the query-based email group to make
> > sure it was under 2,000 recipients and it was.  Why is this happening?  Is
> > there a recipient limit on query-based groups?
0
JJ7759 (95)
11/11/2004 3:19:04 PM
We are not utilizing message journaling.

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:

> In addition, are you  utilizing message journaling ?
>
> "Scott.R" <ScottR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Oops forgot...It's under Global Settings...
> >
> > "JJ" wrote:
> >
> >> I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users.  When I
> >> send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message.  I as
> >> the
> >> owner of the group get an undeliverable stating:
> >>             The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
> >> addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
> >> recipients.  For all 350 users.
> >>
> >> So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM.  I have my "Recipient
> >> Limits" set to 2,000.  I double checked the query-based email group to
> >> make
> >> sure it was under 2,000 recipients and it was.  Why is this happening?
> >> Is
> >> there a recipient limit on query-based groups?

0
JJ7759 (95)
11/11/2004 3:19:07 PM
How many servers are the members of the QDG spread across. Are they Exchange
servers on Windows 2000 or Windows 2003.

Can you paste the exact human-readable text of the NDR

"JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have my "Recipient Limits" set to 2,000.
>

> "Scott.R" wrote:
>
>> Oops forgot...It's under Global Settings...
>>
>> "JJ" wrote:
>>
>> > I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users.  When
>> > send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message.  I
>> > as the
>> > owner of the group get an undeliverable stating:
>> >             The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can
>> > be
>> > addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to
>> > fewer
>> > recipients.  For all 350 users.
>> >
>> > So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM.  I have my
>> > "Recipient
>> > Limits" set to 2,000.  I double checked the query-based email group to
>> > make
>> > sure it was under 2,000 recipients and it was.  Why is this happening?
>> > Is
>> > there a recipient limit on query-based groups?

0
Ade (80)
11/11/2004 10:44:07 PM
Total of four backend servers running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.  Three
servers are in an Active/Active/Passive cluster.  The forth server is a stand
alone server.   I did not specify an expansion server for the query-based
group.  I also have three Domain controlers that are running Windows 2003.

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:

> How many servers are the members of the QDG spread across. Are they Exchange
> servers on Windows 2000 or Windows 2003.
>
> Can you paste the exact human-readable text of the NDR
>
> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have my "Recipient Limits" set to 2,000.
> >

> > "Scott.R" wrote:
> >
> >> Oops forgot...It's under Global Settings...

0
JJ7759 (95)
11/12/2004 4:15:01 AM
If some users get the message, but some NDR, and all of the ones NDR's live
on the same server...

then you are hitting the issue described here
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822105

You can install this Windows fix,
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-035.mspx , that will
fix the issue.

-Ade

> Total of four backend servers running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.
> Three
> servers are in an Active/Active/Passive cluster.  The forth server is a
> stand
> alone server.   I did not specify an expansion server for the query-based
> group.  I also have three Domain controlers that are running Windows 2003.
>
> "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> How many servers are the members of the QDG spread across. Are they
>> Exchange
>> servers on Windows 2000 or Windows 2003.
>>
>> Can you paste the exact human-readable text of the NDR
>>
>> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have my "Recipient Limits" set to 2,000.

0
Ade (80)
11/12/2004 6:17:52 PM
I have installed the hot fix below.  But I am still seeing about 380 users
getting an Undeliverable...  All of the users that are not getting the
message live on the same virtual server.  The sender of the message lives on
a different server.  Any other ideas???

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:

> If some users get the message, but some NDR, and all of the ones NDR's live
> on the same server...
>
> then you are hitting the issue described here
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822105
>
> You can install this Windows fix,
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-035.mspx , that will
> fix the issue.
>
> -Ade
>

> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Total of four backend servers running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.
> > Three
> > servers are in an Active/Active/Passive cluster.  The forth server is a
> > stand
> > alone server.   I did not specify an expansion server for the query-based
> > group.  I also have three Domain controlers that are running Windows 2003.
> >
> > "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> How many servers are the members of the QDG spread across. Are they
> >> Exchange
> >> servers on Windows 2000 or Windows 2003.
> >>
> >> Can you paste the exact human-readable text of the NDR
> >>
> >> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JJ7759 (95)
11/17/2004 10:20:01 PM
1. Can you paste the exact human-readable text of the NDR

2. Search for the file smtpsvc.dll, what version is it.

Thanks

>I have installed the hot fix below.  But I am still seeing about 380 users
> getting an Undeliverable...  All of the users that are not getting the
> message live on the same virtual server.  The sender of the message lives
> on
> a different server.  Any other ideas???
>
> "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> If some users get the message, but some NDR, and all of the ones NDR's
>> live
>> on the same server...
>>
>> then you are hitting the issue described here
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822105
>>
>> You can install this Windows fix,
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-035.mspx , that
>> will
>> fix the issue.
>>
>> -Ade
>>

>> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Total of four backend servers running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.
>> > Three
>> > servers are in an Active/Active/Passive cluster.  The forth server is a
>> > stand
>> > alone server.   I did not specify an expansion server for the
>> > query-based
>> > group.  I also have three Domain controlers that are running Windows
>> > 2003.

0
Ade (80)
11/18/2004 11:35:00 AM
smtpsvc.dll version is 6.0.3790.211

The user that sent this message has there mailbox on Server2, but all of the
recipients in this list are on Server1.  There is a total of  771 staff users
on Server1 that are in my Query-Group.  And 678 on Server2.  All of the users
on Server2 are getting the message.  But there is about 370 on Server1 that
do not get the message.

Paste of the exact human-readable text of the NDR:

      Hahn-Wittemann, Jill E on 11/23/2004 3:24 PM
            The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
recipients.
            <server2.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients>

      Larson, Vickie L on 11/23/2004 3:24 PM
            The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
recipients.
            <server2.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients>

      Brewer, Margaret on 11/23/2004 3:24 PM
            The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be
addressed in a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer
recipients.
            <server2.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients>

It goes on like this for about 370 users....

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:

> 1. Can you paste the exact human-readable text of the NDR
>
> 2. Search for the file smtpsvc.dll, what version is it.
>
> Thanks
>
> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed the hot fix below.  But I am still seeing about 380 users
> > getting an Undeliverable...  All of the users that are not getting the
> > message live on the same virtual server.  The sender of the message lives
> > on
> > a different server.  Any other ideas???
> >
> > "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> If some users get the message, but some NDR, and all of the ones NDR's
> >> live
> >> on the same server...
> >>
> >> then you are hitting the issue described here
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822105
> >>
> >> You can install this Windows fix,
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-035.mspx , that
> >> will
> >> fix the issue.
> >>
> >> -Ade
> >>

> >> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JJ7759 (95)
11/24/2004 4:37:07 PM
Another message was sent to this group today, but 3 hours before they sent it
I changed the Recipient Limits to "No Limit" in Exchange System Manager.  The
same results occurred.  370 user on server1 did not get the message.  Again
the system message was

"The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in
a single message.  Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients.
            <server2.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients>"

Any ideas?

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:

> 1. Can you paste the exact human-readable text of the NDR
>
> 2. Search for the file smtpsvc.dll, what version is it.
>
> Thanks
>
> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have installed the hot fix below.  But I am still seeing about 380 users
> > getting an Undeliverable...  All of the users that are not getting the
> > message live on the same virtual server.  The sender of the message lives
> > on
> > a different server.  Any other ideas???
> >
> > "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> If some users get the message, but some NDR, and all of the ones NDR's
> >> live
> >> on the same server...
> >>
> >> then you are hitting the issue described here
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822105
> >>
> >> You can install this Windows fix,
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-035.mspx , that
> >> will
> >> fix the issue.
> >>
> >> -Ade
> >>

> >> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JJ7759 (95)
11/24/2004 5:09:04 PM
Did you apply the fix to server 2 also ?  you should. The version on server
2 should be the smtpsvc.dll version you stated.

This is a protocol 5.5.3 . Meaning server encountered a "Too Many
Recipients" error at the SMTP protocol session. This limit is enforced by
the recipient limit per message on the SMTP virtual server.

If the message was not a protocol error 5.5.3, but one in the categorizer ,
enforced by the global settings recipient limit, the NDR from server 2 will
look as such: <server2.com #5.5.3>

Because its a protocol error encountered on the SMTP session, it appears as
<server2.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients>

What this means is...the message never even got to server 2 to be assessed
for recipient limits either in the categorizer or at the protocol session.
Server 1 is not re-trying the rest of the recipients based on the recipient
limit on server1's SMTP virtual server. The minimum here per RFC 2821 is 100
recipients. This limit should result in an NDR , but continuity from where
the error occured. The windows hotfix should take care of it.

Hope this helps.

> smtpsvc.dll version is 6.0.3790.211
>
> The user that sent this message has there mailbox on Server2, but all of
> the
> recipients in this list are on Server1.  There is a total of  771 staff
> users
> on Server1 that are in my Query-Group.  And 678 on Server2.  All of the
> users
> on Server2 are getting the message.  But there is about 370 on Server1
> that
> do not get the message.
>
> Paste of the exact human-readable text of the NDR:

11/24/2004 7:10:18 PM
I applied this hotfix to all of my Exchange servers.

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:

> Did you apply the fix to server 2 also ?  you should. The version on server
> 2 should be the smtpsvc.dll version you stated.
>
> This is a protocol 5.5.3 . Meaning server encountered a "Too Many
> Recipients" error at the SMTP protocol session. This limit is enforced by
> the recipient limit per message on the SMTP virtual server.
>
> If the message was not a protocol error 5.5.3, but one in the categorizer ,
> enforced by the global settings recipient limit, the NDR from server 2 will
> look as such: <server2.com #5.5.3>
>
> Because its a protocol error encountered on the SMTP session, it appears as
> <server2.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients>
>
> What this means is...the message never even got to server 2 to be assessed
> for recipient limits either in the categorizer or at the protocol session.
> Server 1 is not re-trying the rest of the recipients based on the recipient
> limit on server1's SMTP virtual server. The minimum here per RFC 2821 is 100
> recipients. This limit should result in an NDR , but continuity from where
> the error occured. The windows hotfix should take care of it.
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > smtpsvc.dll version is 6.0.3790.211
> >
> > The user that sent this message has there mailbox on Server2, but all of
> > the
> > recipients in this list are on Server1.  There is a total of  771 staff
> > users
> > on Server1 that are in my Query-Group.  And 678 on Server2.  All of the
> > users
> > on Server2 are getting the message.  But there is about 370 on Server1
> > that
> > do not get the message.
> >
> > Paste of the exact human-readable text of the NDR:
> >
> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

11/24/2004 7:47:42 PM
If the SMTP virtual server on server 1 is configured for a recipient
limit...uncheck the box to no limit"

Also, the fix was applied to all the nodes on the cluster ?

>I applied this hotfix to all of my Exchange servers.
>
> "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Did you apply the fix to server 2 also ?  you should. The version on
>> server
>> 2 should be the smtpsvc.dll version you stated.
>>
>> This is a protocol 5.5.3 . Meaning server encountered a "Too Many
>> Recipients" error at the SMTP protocol session. This limit is enforced by
>> the recipient limit per message on the SMTP virtual server.
>>
>> If the message was not a protocol error 5.5.3, but one in the categorizer
>> ,
>> enforced by the global settings recipient limit, the NDR from server 2
>> will
>> look as such: <server2.com #5.5.3>
>>
>> Because its a protocol error encountered on the SMTP session, it appears
>> as
>> <server2.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients>
>>
>> What this means is...the message never even got to server 2 to be
>> assessed
>> for recipient limits either in the categorizer or at the protocol
>> session.
>> Server 1 is not re-trying the rest of the recipients based on the
>> recipient
>> limit on server1's SMTP virtual server. The minimum here per RFC 2821 is
>> 100
>> recipients. This limit should result in an NDR , but continuity from
>> where
>> the error occured. The windows hotfix should take care of it.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>

>> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > smtpsvc.dll version is 6.0.3790.211
>> >
>> > The user that sent this message has there mailbox on Server2, but all
>> > of
>> > the
>> > recipients in this list are on Server1.  There is a total of  771 staff
>> > users
>> > on Server1 that are in my Query-Group.  And 678 on Server2.  All of the
>> > users
>> > on Server2 are getting the message.  But there is about 370 on Server1
>> > that
>> > do not get the message.
>> >
>> > Paste of the exact human-readable text of the NDR:
>> >
>> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

11/24/2004 8:10:03 PM
Yes this fix was applied to all nodes in the cluster.

Just to be clear on this... On both Virtual Servers I should uncheck the
"Limit number of recipients per message to:" in the SMTP Virtual Server
Properties?

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:

> If the SMTP virtual server on server 1 is configured for a recipient
> limit...uncheck the box to no limit"
>
> Also, the fix was applied to all the nodes on the cluster ?
>
> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I applied this hotfix to all of my Exchange servers.
> >
> > "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you apply the fix to server 2 also ?  you should. The version on
> >> server
> >> 2 should be the smtpsvc.dll version you stated.
> >>
> >> This is a protocol 5.5.3 . Meaning server encountered a "Too Many
> >> Recipients" error at the SMTP protocol session. This limit is enforced by
> >> the recipient limit per message on the SMTP virtual server.
> >>
> >> If the message was not a protocol error 5.5.3, but one in the categorizer
> >> ,
> >> enforced by the global settings recipient limit, the NDR from server 2
> >> will
> >> look as such: <server2.com #5.5.3>
> >>
> >> Because its a protocol error encountered on the SMTP session, it appears
> >> as
> >> <server2.com #5.5.3 smtp;552 5.5.3 Too many recipients>
> >>
> >> What this means is...the message never even got to server 2 to be
> >> assessed
> >> for recipient limits either in the categorizer or at the protocol
> >> session.
> >> Server 1 is not re-trying the rest of the recipients based on the
> >> recipient
> >> limit on server1's SMTP virtual server. The minimum here per RFC 2821 is
> >> 100
> >> recipients. This limit should result in an NDR , but continuity from
> >> where
> >> the error occured. The windows hotfix should take care of it.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps.
> >>

> >> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

11/24/2004 9:25:44 PM
Yes.

> Yes this fix was applied to all nodes in the cluster.
>
> Just to be clear on this... On both Virtual Servers I should uncheck the
> "Limit number of recipients per message to:" in the SMTP Virtual Server
> Properties?
>
> "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> If the SMTP virtual server on server 1 is configured for a recipient
>> limit...uncheck the box to no limit"
>>
>> Also, the fix was applied to all the nodes on the cluster ?
>>
>> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I applied this hotfix to all of my Exchange servers.

11/24/2004 9:50:32 PM
That did the trick!

Thank very much Ade!

"Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:

> Yes.
>
> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes this fix was applied to all nodes in the cluster.
> >
> > Just to be clear on this... On both Virtual Servers I should uncheck the
> > "Limit number of recipients per message to:" in the SMTP Virtual Server
> > Properties?
> >
> > "Ade Famoti [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> If the SMTP virtual server on server 1 is configured for a recipient
> >> limit...uncheck the box to no limit"
> >>
> >> Also, the fix was applied to all the nodes on the cluster ?
> >>
> >> "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

A Date Query
I need to create a formula which can do the following: IF the end date (S2) is greater than than 12/31/05, AND the start date (R2) is less than 12/31/05 then...(and I know the formula for here). Any ideas? Thanks? Sam B -- SamuelT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475036 try this: =IF(AND(S2>DATE(2005,12,31),R2<DATE(2005,12,31)),IF TRUE,IF FALSE) Good Luck -- swatsp0p -------...

i cant get the exact answer e.g answer is 13.49% i got 13.00%
My answer doesn't show my decimal point answer e.g the exact answer is 13.49%, i got 13.00% why my anwer has been round up .... What formula? What input values? What format? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "zai" <zai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A26FE523-1F5E-4ADC-B095-7F25CA805AF3@microsoft.com... > My answer doesn't show my decimal point answer e.g the exact answer is > 13.49%, i got 13.00% why my anwer has been round up .... Hi Zai, You should check the cell formatting (right click on the cell and select For...

Formating Bars based on the value of a bar
I have created a bar chart in an access report. I want the bars to change color based on the value of the specific bar. For example, if the value of a bar is less than 1, it is red, if it is between 1 and 5, it is yellow, if it is greater than 5 it is green. How can I do this? Seems like an easy problem, but I've just spent a couple of hours playing with this and I can't make it work. The problem is that the Value property of the points in the SeriesCollection is not exposed in the VBA interface. It certainly exists (eg. with the chart in design mode, if you hover the mouse...

Need to group elements using XSLT
Hi, I am trying to group nodes in a huge xml file by one of the common fields. I have tried using "for-each-group" and "group-by" but am unable to get it working. Here, I have a list of Ports under each DSLAM entry and would hence like to group in a hierarchy all such Ports under each of these DSLAM entries as shown below. Here's a sample xml file (similar to the one I am trying to transform, but simplified to remove a lot of junk fields) and the required xml output - ----Sample XML file----- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Conv...

Mail merge recipient list
When I select the recipients from my data source (xcel spreadsheet), it prints all of the recipients instead of just the few that I selected by checking the boxes. I have used/done this several times and never had a problem. I created a new spreadsheet for the new year. I know that it is pulling from the correct data, because it prints all from my spread sheet. Can somebody help? Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel as data source. Excel just does what it is told by the settings in Word's mailmerge. See these sites for help on mailmerge. http://w...

Help! ESEUTIL /r (3 character logfile base name)
Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? Thank you so much! "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 ...

Query formulas (dates in formulas to be changed only once)
I have several queries that contain several hard-coded formulas. If possible, I would prefer that the formulas be referenced in a control or setup table. Does that make sense? Instead of going through my queries each month and updating hardcoded dates, I would like the dates to be changed only once and have all the formulas reference this source. Thank you!! Craig It makes sense to do this. How you do it depends on what the formulas are? For instance if you are just trying to get the data for a prior month, you can change the formula to get the prior month based on the system ...

Select records from query using added checkbox
Hallo, I have a subform in which I show records resulting from a query displaying certain data from two tables. I would like to add a checkbox to every entry of this query, so the user can select the query-records he wants to use to perform additional tasks with. E.g. Say the query collects data on persons and their jobs based on certain criteria. The user must be able to (de-) select the persons he would like to leave out of a report that will be made once the user has decided on the persons. Also I would like to have all the checkboxes initially checked, so the user only has to deselect s...

Eingebundene Bilder in Outlook-HTML-Mail / embedded graphics in HTML
Hallo, hier mal eine vollst�ndige L�sung zum Versenden einer HTML-Mail mit eingebundenen Bildern aus Outlook 2000. Die L�sungsans�tze sind aus verschiedenen NG's. Es ist kein CDO-Verweis notwendig! VBA-Code in MS-Access 2000 Here a complete solution for sending a HTML mail with embedded graphics via Outlook 2000. The methods of solution are from different NG's. You don't need the CDO reference! VBA-Code with MS-Access 2000 '--- Start of Code --- Public Function sendOLEmbeddedHTMLGraphic(strSendTo As String, _ Optional strSendCC As Va...

How to append query w/lookup fields....
I have a table that I need to append w/new records on a weekly basis. format of original info: UserName TimeStamp RequestType #OfRequests Source pettaj 11/10/2009 ACT notes 2 BR Split the data into UserName, RequestType & Source table - as this information fairly static and the request is in Request table. When appending the Request table with the weekly data the Date & Number of Request, populates just fine, but the UserName, RequestType & Source ends up being blank (these are all lookup field to other tables). What do I need to do? Thanks! -- Krys...

Displaying Query Results in a Textbox
Hello I am having a problem getting the results of a query to appear in a textbox. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks JJJJS Please give a few details. -- -Larry- -- <craigalaniz@pobox.com> wrote in message news:1178829331.981143.115990@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello > > I am having a problem getting the results of a query to appear in a > textbox. > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks > > JJJJS > ...

Updating SQL Queries in Excel
Hi, as a newbie I have created queries on several work sheets of a work book. Each one is saved with a different name. This is all working fine. However, when I want to update each query I have to log on individually to each one. I really wanted to log on to the database only once and then have all the queries run and update similtaniously and to avoid have to log on to each one. Can anyone help me with that? You need to create stored procedures. What database is it? HTH Bob "Laura" <lvlandmark@gmail.com> wrote in message news:03c96f3c-8b14-49ef-9ab8-0cf...

Parsing Filtered mail
I receive a number of e-mails daily with the same format, but different content that I filter into a folder. I would like to run something (what that is, I do not know) that would be able to go through the mail in this folder and extract certain information from each e-mail and write it to a database. The e-mail is identical, the data is not. I would think that a utility could be scripted to copy certain portions from the e-mail. Does anyone know of something that might work for this? I am open for suggestions, Fro. Funny enough, this is exactly what I spent a portion of this week set...

Import GROUPS from Outlook Express to Outlook
Just completed moving from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2002 SP3. Everything seemed to import successfully except my Group emails. The name of the Group transferred, but none of the email addresses of the Group transferred. The Group transferred basically as an empty shell with just a title. The emails did however transfer by themselves, but were not listed in the Groups. My question is this: is there a way to import into Outlook, an OE address book while maintaining the Groups that were listed in the OE address book? Any help will be greatly appreciated. No. It can't...

Give a group Read Only rights
I would like to allow my help desk to only view users mailbox's Will Exchange Read-Only Administrators group allow me to do this?? On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:13:04 -0700, Kahlan <Kahlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to allow my help desk to only view users mailbox's >Will Exchange Read-Only Administrators group allow me to do this?? No, the view only exchange role doesn't involve help desk users climbing inside your users mailboxes. Kahlan <Kahlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to allow my help desk to only view users mailb...

external web query (passworded site)
im trying to pull data from a pay site. I am a member to this site, have username and password etc etc. but whenever i try to pull the web query it gives the error "the web query returned no data" is there a way to implement my u/p into excel so that it automatically logs me into the site so that it can retrieve the data? (the site is investools) -- JustinB ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JustinB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34886 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Auto Signatures for outgoing e-mail don't appear when sending Acrobat files
I use an auto signature for my outgoing e-mail. If I am on an Acrobat pdf, word doc or excel spreadsheet and click File and then click send to and then click Mail Recipient as Attachment my auto signature does not appear on my e- mail message. Is there a way to have it appear? ...

E-mail Only
I have a customer who is asking to have 5 users setup with only an e-mail account. They don't want them accessing the network. Is it possible for someone to only have access to OWA and nothing else? Basic setup: SBS 2003 Standard 10 users. Thanks! Tim Hi Tim, Try this: (once you have the user accounts created) Server Management | Standard Management | (double click a user account in the right pane) | Account (tab) | "Log on to" Now specify just the SBS server. This should restrict the user to logging into RWW or OWA, but not let him log on loca...

Set outlook as default mail client
When using Word 2007, get message to set outlook as default client. The instructions say go to tools, options, other, general. Then make outlook the default program for E-mail, contacts, and calendar. Problem: There is no general tab. I am trying to import contacts from Outlook to Word to make labels "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D857A80-337A-42F6-B3E1-8F2555AF1548@microsoft.com... > When using Word 2007, get message to set outlook as default client. The > instructions say go to tools, options, other, general. Then m...

query data
Hi. I am building an aviation database. I am want to create a flight summary query that shows only Carrier Date of Flight Origin Destination Miles Flight Hours However, my result is a line for each passenger - for example If there were three passengers on one flight i am getting 3 lines with 3 x the miles and 3 x the hours. How do I return only one line per flight. Also, I want to be able to show flight details with all passenger names for each flight. Is a subreport the answer there? Thanks, JF -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com jefferysf via AccessMonster.com wr...

Expand all groups
For some reason, my outlook 2007 suddenly started collapsing all groups when i go to Unread Mail (that is my default folder). I have to manually go to view, expand all groups. I don't know what I did to make it change, but I'm sure unable to find the way to change it back permanently. Helllp! Thanks in advance Try resetting the view. Keyboard shortcut for collapse or expand all is Ctrl+ plus or minus on the numeric keypad (CtrL+Fn+; or p on many laptops.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions ...

OE6 and Live Mail
I setup Live mail on my new win7 OS. I have no problem accessing my Outlook Express mail on Live. If I access my outlook express account on another computer with XP, all the messages that were downloaded to Live are still downloaded on the computer with XP. Is there a way to stop this? Thank you, Fred You aren't accessing your Outlook Express mail, you're accessing the mail on your server. OE and WLMail are just e-mail clients, not accounts. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Uncheck: Leave a copy of messages on the server. -- Bruce Hagen ...

New Mail Envelope Icon
I have Outlook 2007 B2TR and I still cannot get the new envelope icon to appear in the systray. I have all my mails moved by rules to separate folders and this still isn't fixed. Can I ask why on earth would Microsoft remove this functionality. I love MS Office but this has made me seriously consider an alternative. It may sound like a small thing but I cannot stress enough how annoying it is that this feature has been broken from 2003 to 2007. There must be a way to get this back? Surely? Any help (or explanation for this madness) would be greatly appreciated. Colin First ques...

Receiving duplicate e-mails
Hi I now this is not new - but its a pain, i receive duplicates of all e-mails with the timestap difference of about two minutes. my duplicate remover is not able to pick this up & remove them and i would at least try and stop it. regards gabriel ...

Sorting based on Formated fields
Is it possible to sort a spreadsheet using formatting as a criteria. I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows, and the fonts for several of the rows have been changed to indicate edited rows. Steve Hi Steve i already gave you one possible answer for this. Have you tried the solution or did you encounter problems with the solution? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve Piper wrote: > Is it possible to sort a spreadsheet using formatting as a criteria. > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows, and the fonts for > several of the rows have been changed to indica...