Query Based DL [WILDPACKET]

I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts in
our Domain, is this possible?

I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
Disabled Accounts too, right?

I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.

Please advise.

Thank you
0
WILDPACKET (529)

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:44:04 -0800, "WILDPACKET"
<WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts in
>our Domain, is this possible?
>
>I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
>Disabled Accounts too, right?
>
>I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.
>
>Please advise.
>
>Thank you

Disabled accounts won't take delivery of any message.
0
mark7219 (5666)
12/5/2005 6:00:19 PM
But the sender will get a nice little "Im Disabled So Dont Email Me" message.
Something you might want to warn the higherups of if there are boatloads of
disabled accounts.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:44:04 -0800, "WILDPACKET"
> <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts in
> >our Domain, is this possible?
> >
> >I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
> >Disabled Accounts too, right?
> >
> >I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.
> >
> >Please advise.
> >
> >Thank you
>
> Disabled accounts won't take delivery of any message.

0
Vicnice (145)
12/5/2005 6:09:02 PM
The userAccountControl attribute has to have a value of 2 (bitwise). Include
that in a bitwise filter:

(&(yourNormalQuery)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts
>in
> our Domain, is this possible?
>
> I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
> Disabled Accounts too, right?
>
> I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
12/5/2005 6:18:15 PM
Thank you gentlemen.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:44:04 -0800, "WILDPACKET"
> <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts in
> >our Domain, is this possible?
> >
> >I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
> >Disabled Accounts too, right?
> >
> >I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.
> >
> >Please advise.
> >
> >Thank you
>
> Disabled accounts won't take delivery of any message.

0
WILDPACKET (529)
12/5/2005 7:16:02 PM
Bharat Thank you for your response.

I have no clue what you are talking about!

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> The userAccountControl attribute has to have a value of 2 (bitwise). Include
> that in a bitwise filter:
>
> (&(yourNormalQuery)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts
> >in
> > our Domain, is this possible?
> >
> > I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
> > Disabled Accounts too, right?
> >
> > I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.
> >
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Thank you

0
WILDPACKET (529)
12/5/2005 7:33:02 PM
ok .. let me xplain where this starter ...

I have a DL with company wide users and about 50 contacts in there.

The "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS" is checked on this DL.  With this option
selected nobody from our org can send messages to the contacts which contain
NORTEL.COM.

If I change this option to "SEND DELIVERY REPORTS TO MESSAGE ORIGINATOR",
then it works fine.  All works fine.

I want it to work with "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS".

I tried QBDL for NORTEL.COM and still have the same issue.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> The userAccountControl attribute has to have a value of 2 (bitwise). Include
> that in a bitwise filter:
>
> (&(yourNormalQuery)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts
> >in
> > our Domain, is this possible?
> >
> > I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
> > Disabled Accounts too, right?
> >
> > I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.
> >
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Thank you

0
WILDPACKET (529)
12/5/2005 7:39:03 PM
Query-based Distribution Lists are made up of LDAP queries...

So you simply modify the filter and add the condition to exclude disabled
users.

QBDL properties | Preview tab | copy the LDAP filter.
Then change it to
(&(pasteCurrentFilterHere)((!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))
to exclude disabled users from the group.

--

> Bharat Thank you for your response.
>
> I have no clue what you are talking about!
>

> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> The userAccountControl attribute has to have a value of 2 (bitwise).
>> Include
>> that in a bitwise filter:
>>
>> (&(yourNormalQuery)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active
>> >Accounts
>> >in
>> > our Domain, is this possible?
>> >
>> > I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
>> > Disabled Accounts too, right?
>> >
>> > I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.
>> >
>> > Please advise.
>> >
>> > Thank you

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
12/5/2005 7:45:28 PM
Not sure why you're seeing that issue with the Send Delivery Reports...
option, but modifying the ldap query will exclude disabled users from your
QBDL.

--

> ok .. let me xplain where this starter ...
>
> I have a DL with company wide users and about 50 contacts in there.
>
> The "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS" is checked on this DL.  With this
> option
> selected nobody from our org can send messages to the contacts which
> contain
> NORTEL.COM.
>
> If I change this option to "SEND DELIVERY REPORTS TO MESSAGE ORIGINATOR",
> then it works fine.  All works fine.
>
> I want it to work with "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS".
>
> I tried QBDL for NORTEL.COM and still have the same issue.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> The userAccountControl attribute has to have a value of 2 (bitwise).
>> Include
>> that in a bitwise filter:
>>
>> (&(yourNormalQuery)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active
>> >Accounts
>> >in
>> > our Domain, is this possible?
>> >
>> > I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the
>> > Disabled Accounts too, right?
>> >
>> > I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users.
>> >
>> > Please advise.
>> >
>> > Thank you

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
12/5/2005 8:24:07 PM
Thank you for your response.

I tried to create a test Custom QBDL and pasted your LDAP query in there and
it comes with an error saying THE SEARCH FILTER CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED.

Advise please.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Not sure why you're seeing that issue with the Send Delivery Reports...
> option, but modifying the ldap query will exclude disabled users from your
> QBDL.
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok .. let me xplain where this starter ...
> >
> > I have a DL with company wide users and about 50 contacts in there.
> >
> > The "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS" is checked on this DL.  With this
> > option
> > selected nobody from our org can send messages to the contacts which
> > contain
> > NORTEL.COM.
> >
> > If I change this option to "SEND DELIVERY REPORTS TO MESSAGE ORIGINATOR",
> > then it works fine.  All works fine.
> >
> > I want it to work with "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS".
> >
> > I tried QBDL for NORTEL.COM and still have the same issue.
> >
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >

> > "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
> >
> >> The userAccountControl attribute has to have a value of 2 (bitwise).
> >> Include
> >> that in a bitwise filter:
> >>
> >> (&(yourNormalQuery)(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MCSE, MCT
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> >>

> >> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
WILDPACKET (529)
12/5/2005 9:17:03 PM
did you replace the "pasteCurrentFilterHere" with your existing filter?
--

> Thank you for your response.
>
> I tried to create a test Custom QBDL and pasted your LDAP query in there
> and
> it comes with an error saying THE SEARCH FILTER CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED.
>
> Advise please.
>

> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> Not sure why you're seeing that issue with the Send Delivery Reports...
>> option, but modifying the ldap query will exclude disabled users from
>> your
>> QBDL.
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > ok .. let me xplain where this starter ...
>> >
>> > I have a DL with company wide users and about 50 contacts in there.
>> >
>> > The "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS" is checked on this DL.  With this
>> > option
>> > selected nobody from our org can send messages to the contacts which
>> > contain
>> > NORTEL.COM.
>> >
>> > If I change this option to "SEND DELIVERY REPORTS TO MESSAGE
>> > ORIGINATOR",
>> > then it works fine.  All works fine.
>> >
>> > I want it to work with "DO NOT SEND DELIVERY REPORTS".
>> >
>> > I tried QBDL for NORTEL.COM and still have the same issue.
>> >
>> > Please advise.
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
12/5/2005 9:19:37 PM
Thank you Bharat for your support.

Ok, this is what I am trying ...I click New Querybased -> Customize Filter
-> Customize -> I uncheck all the options from General Tab -> then under Find
drop down I select Custom -> and under Advance I paste your query and that's
it and it fails.  I know I am at a different page.

Advise please.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> did you replace the "pasteCurrentFilterHere" with your existing filter?
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for your response.
> >
> > I tried to create a test Custom QBDL and pasted your LDAP query in there
> > and
> > it comes with an error saying THE SEARCH FILTER CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED.
> >
> > Advise please.
> >

> > "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
> >
> >> Not sure why you're seeing that issue with the Send Delivery Reports...
> >> option, but modifying the ldap query will exclude disabled users from
> >> your
> >> QBDL.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bharat Suneja
> >> MCSE, MCT
> >> www.zenprise.com
> >> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> >>

> >> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
WILDPACKET (529)
12/6/2005 1:53:03 PM
You're doing everything right... but I included a placeholder in my query
that you needed to change based on your QBDL...

Go to your original QBDL from which you need to EXCLUDE disabled accounts.
Copy the ldap filter/query from that group into notepad/wordpad

The modify the filter so it looks like the one I pasted...  I've included 3
*** on each side, please remove those as well before pasting your original
query in here.

(&(***pasteCurrentFilterHere***)((!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))

So if your original query was something like:
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=*))

Then your new query should look like:
(&(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=*))
(!userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))

Now paste this into a existing or new QBDL...

--

> Thank you Bharat for your support.
>
> Ok, this is what I am trying ...I click New Querybased -> Customize Filter
> -> Customize -> I uncheck all the options from General Tab -> then under
> Find
> drop down I select Custom -> and under Advance I paste your query and
> that's
> it and it fails.  I know I am at a different page.
>
> Advise please.
>

> "Bharat Suneja" wrote:
>
>> did you replace the "pasteCurrentFilterHere" with your existing filter?
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MCSE, MCT
>> www.zenprise.com
>> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>>

>> "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you for your response.
>> >
>> > I tried to create a test Custom QBDL and pasted your LDAP query in
>> > there
>> > and
>> > it comes with an error saying THE SEARCH FILTER CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED.
>> >
>> > Advise please.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

creating rule based on date email received
I would like to create a rule to move message to a specific folder based on their received date - i.e. anything older than 7 days, move to this folder. Can rules be made based on a general date, or do you need to put in specific dates for it to work. I do not want to archive the email, just move it to a separate folder for later review. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! "Diana" said in news:6b0b01c3e69d$9d45ff10$a001280a@phx.gbl: > I would like to create a rule to move message to a > specific folder based on their received date - i.e. > anything older than 7 days, ...

Cannot reply or forward Lotus Notes based emails
I have Outlook 2003. I cannot reply or forward messages from people who use Lotus Notes. (The system hangs and says something like the smtp server did not respond) If I retype or copy the message into a new Outlook email I can send it to anyone including those who use Lotus Notes for their email. What could be the problem? ...

HELP with queries!!!
Hi all, I am a new user to Access and need some help with setting up a query. I am building the framework to an inventory database. Currently I have one table that has the following information: serial # Status (checked in or checked out) equipment type (pc, network printer, standalone printer, scanner, and monitor) EE# (equipment number) model manufacturer work order# department (where the equipment is going) equipment location (the room number) relocation date comments I understand how to run the query, but I am trying to include drop down menu's in the query ins...

Import from web query problem
When importing from a web query the cell value <10E 6/L or <10^ 6/L does not import ie target cell is blank. Same happens whether the middle space is left in or out. Cells such as <100 import OK. Any suggestions as to what is happening here would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

MFC based client server application query?
Hi experts I have developed an client server application using MFC sockets support. The server is a dialog based application & the client is an SDI application. I am having problem with sending data from client to server. After starting the server application, i start the client and try to connect & send data to server using the following code. void CMainFrame::OnConnect() { CSimpleSDIsockclientApp *pApp = (CSimpleSDIsockclientApp*)AfxGetApp(); int res = pApp->ClientSocket.Create(40000); if(res) { MessageBox("Client Socket at port no. 40000 Successf...

Web Query Not Working
Up until yesterday, my web query in my Excel worksheet has been working perfectly. I have been using the saved query named "Microsoft Investor Stock Quotes.iqy". It looks like the server accessed by the URL has been down. When I ping the domain, I get the message that the ping timed out. The link used by the query is http://investor.msn.com/external/excel/quotes.asp?SYMBOL=AA,fdx... Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Does anyone know how to contact MSN to jog them to get things up and running? Or, have they stopped supporting the query? Gary Mine went d...

DLookup on a query??
Hello, Just wondering if it's possible to use the DLookup function on a query instead of a table? Alan Don't worry about it. I got it to work. Thanks anyway. Alan "Alan" wrote: > Hello, > > Just wondering if it's possible to use the DLookup function on a query > instead of a table? > > Alan ...

Convert datatype using query
I have create a query which combines two tables; ASSETS and UNITINFO. The UNITINFO table is linked from another database and the ASSETS table has a field that looks up a field called UNIT # from the UNITINFO table. Both fields are called UNIT # but the datatype on the UNITINFO table is set to Text and the UNIT # field on the ASSETS table is set to Number since it is a lookup field. I cannot change the datatype on the UNITINFO table to Number as the field contains both numbers and text. So when I ran my query that I created to pull data from both tables it gave me an error bec...

Query Based DL [WILDPACKET]
I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts in our Domain, is this possible? I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the Disabled Accounts too, right? I aonly want the QBDL to send messages to Enabled Users. Please advise. Thank you On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:44:04 -0800, "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to configure a QBDL so it sends message to all the Active Accounts in >our Domain, is this possible? > >I guess when a message is sent to QBDL it also sends messages to the ...

Queries
I have the following query (for example): countofstates color 3 red 8 blue 7 orange 2 purple 9 yellow I would like to display this table on a report, but when I do it repeats 6 times. How do I only get this information to appear once? Thanks in advance. Try a Totals query... Color States GroupBy Count -- hth Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.ne...

assigning a unique query for each textbox on a form
I've got a table (tblMain) with the following (relevant) fields: tblMain .FirstName .LastName .Seat .RefNum I've got a form that has a graphical display of the seats to which the people listed in tblMain are assigned. I'd like to put a text box on each seat corresponding to first and last name of the person assigned to that seat (stored in tblMain.Seat). The same database is used for various seatings so I'd like only those associated with the RefNum at hand to be called. I can write a simple enough query which I can call from VBA and which relies on a...

Using a cell to determine a value in a database query.
Hi folks, I've run into a problem recently - maybe there's no good answer, then again perhaps you can help me come to one. I have a spreadsheet on which There are three entry fields: start date end date store number I've managed to map start date to [startdate] in a query and end date to [enddate] - that seems to work fine. The problem I'm running into now has to do with the store number field. In the database, store number is a 4 character field, as of now the numbers of the store are like 01,02,03,04..HQ,RO. When I try to map store number to [storenum] in the query, I ...

Where are the Forms and Queries in 2007
In Access 2003 if you wanted to open your existing Forms and Queries you clicked on the Forms button. In Access 2007 this option seems to be missing. My question is how do I access the Forms,Tables and queries. The only forms button I have found creates new forms, I want to access my existing forms. Many thanks for any advice. This is one of those times when a picture paints a thousand words, so here's a picture ... http://brenreyn.brinkster.net/navpane.jpg -- Brendan Reynolds "Ernmander" <Ernmander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CDA479B-BFA6...

Query Builder (SQL View)
I am trying to join 2 tables. I want to join if 'Field B' is in 'Field A'. ie. Field A = 'ABCDE' Field B= 'BC' ....the join would be successful cause 'BC' is in 'ABCDE'. Is this possible? I tried... SELECT FROM table1 INNER JOIN table2 ON table1.name like (% table2. partial_name %); Keep getting errors. Any help greatly appreciated! Warren Depending on the "flavor" of SQL you are using SELECT * FROM table1 INNER JOIN table2 ON table1.name like '%' & table2.partial_name & '%' Or SELECT * FROM table1 IN...

MGP should be Dual Base Currency
MGP is currently single base currency, BUT all our corporate customers, and for some countries (Like Lebanon) it is needed to have TWO base currencies, specially in GL (for official reports) and inventory (for average costs) ...

Access Deleting a Query SQL
Hi all, I am working with a multiple parameter search query. The form I am using to conduct the search displays the results in a subform. I have gone through and really combed through the SQL to make sure there are no blatant spelling errors or incorrect references within the code. Anyways when I open the form that it is attached to, I keep getting the boxes described in this website http://allenbrowne.com/bug-13.html .. The form is open, and I even changed names of fields in the table in case SQL was choosing to be picky about what I named my fields. Is there anything else that would cau...

Problem Accessing Service Calendar & Knowledge Base
Hi, I'm having a problem accessing the service calendar & Knowledge Base. I have CRM version 3.0, I also recently reformatted my PC to a fresh install of XP Pro SP2. I has not worked on my PC since, however all the other users can acces these fine. I would appreciate some help. This problem can occur if you have the Outlook CRM client running. Try closing Outlook and all web browser windows, then opening the web browser and connecting to CRM. If this still doesn't work, try deleting all cookies on the machine -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://...

Replacing text based on a userform field
I've create a user form with multiple text fields. I'd like to use VBA to go find text in the document and replace it with what's in inputed by the User in the text fields upon clicking a button. Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Help required in Update query
Hi, pls help me here table t1 has 3 fields, and data is as below name , grade , marks n1 a 10 n2 b 20 n3 c 30 n4 a 30 n5 c 10 n6 n7 40 now i want an update query where 2 names should be swapped. like n1 is updated as n2, and n2 updated as n1. i tried to put update query, but problem is if n1= n2 then we have 2 n2's in the table then again n2=n1 tried then we have 2 n1's , i want both names should be interchanged, any help STEP 1: BACKUP you...

set report field forecolour based upon corresponding id entry in a 2nd report
hi, just joined..beginner i'm afraid.. if i have just read 'access help' properly it appears i should use condtional formatting to change a field colour in one report provided the 2nd report is open...can you advise the neccessary code format to use to refer to a 2nd report please as i'm not a programmer..hope this isn't too janet & john!.. thanx in advance, mike ...

If statement to export query if record count is not null
Greetings, thank you very much to all who are reading this. Basically I have an automated email that goes out every Monday. Very simply it uses sendobject to email a query. I would like to add some logic that basically looks at the record count and if it isn't null...sends teh email as is...if the record count is empty I would like to have it send an email that basically says "The record set this week is empty." Below is the module converted from the original macro. I was having trouble modifying the module so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in ...

Ms
I've been struggling with this for some time now and hope that I'm missing something simple. Is it possible to switch the source of a table in MS-Query. The situation. I've created large excel data tapes (150+ fields) which are populated from a SQL Server view via MS-Query. My company has decided to move these views onto a different server. The view I will be using will be the exact same only coming from a different location. Is there an easy way to modify the source of data in MS-Query without rebuilding the entire thing? Please tell me yes. ;) Any help will greatly be ...

Automatic navigation based on cell text value
I am creating a budget spreadsheet and wish to have a macro run automatically and navigate to a specific cell of a different worksheet based on a determined value of a cell. For example, Cell A5 in the MAIN worksheet uses a drop down list from a named range (RFP, MOA, PSC ...) from another worksheet. If the value is "RFP" then I wish to navigate automatically to cell A1 of the REQUEST worksheet where additional information is completed related to "RFP". I'd reverse the process on the last cell of the REQUEST worksheet, sending the user back to the MAIN worksheet to ...

select query 12-17-07
Hi All, I have following 2 tables 1. Employee table with Emp_ID and Emp_Name 2. Vehicle table with Veh_ID, Emp_ID, Vehicle And both are related with one to many relationship. In these case, Can can I know the list of employees having Car and Bike. The list should not include if employee is having only Car or only Bike or (Car and Van) Or (Bike and Van) Regards Venkatesh Simplest method is probably to use two sub-queries in the WHERE clause. SELECT E.Emp_ID, E.Emp_Name FROM Employee as E WHERE E.Emp_ID IN (SELECT V.Emp_ID FROM Vehicle as V WHERE V.Vehicle= 'Car') AN...

offer dropdown options based on another dropdown
All, This is for a single worksheet within a single workbook. The worksheet needs to have 2 dropdown boxes. I want users to select themselves from dropdown box #1. I want to populate the list of choices within dropdown box #2 based on who is signed in. I am sure VBA will be required, but probably not too daunting. I just can't get it. Thanks in advance. Conor -- Conor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Conor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...