Query Based Distribution Lists #3

I can create QBDL based on STATE, ZIP, LASTNAME and many other fields.  I
would like to make a list based on Group Membership.   There is a field under
USER called MEMBER OF but it does not give me any results when I do a
preview.

I have many employees who work in multiple locations and need to belong to
several different groups even though they have only one login and work out of
a single office with the same address etc.   So I made them members of groups
based on the different location in which they work and wanted to send mail
based on this membership.
0
McMurray (6)

McMurray <McMurray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can create QBDL based on STATE, ZIP, LASTNAME and many other fields.  I
>would like to make a list based on Group Membership.   There is a field under
>USER called MEMBER OF but it does not give me any results when I do a
>preview.

The only thing I've been able make work with a query against memberOf
is if there anything in the property (i.e. memberOf=*).

>I have many employees who work in multiple locations and need to belong to
>several different groups even though they have only one login and work out of
>a single office with the same address etc.   So I made them members of groups
>based on the different location in which they work and wanted to send mail
>based on this membership.

Why not just send the mail to the group?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--
Doug Deitterick
CNA, MCP

"McMurray" <McMurray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can create QBDL based on STATE, ZIP, LASTNAME and many other fields.  I
> would like to make a list based on Group Membership.   There is a field
> under
> USER called MEMBER OF but it does not give me any results when I do a
> preview.
>
> I have many employees who work in multiple locations and need to belong to
> several different groups even though they have only one login and work out
> of
> a single office with the same address etc.   So I made them members of
> groups
> based on the different location in which they work and wanted to send mail
> based on this membership.

0
ddeitter (6)
6/13/2006 4:01:31 PM
"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

>McMurray <McMurray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I can create QBDL based on STATE, ZIP, LASTNAME and many other fields.  I
>>would like to make a list based on Group Membership.   There is a field under
>>USER called MEMBER OF but it does not give me any results when I do a
>>preview.
>
>The only thing I've been able make work with a query against memberOf
>is if there anything in the property (i.e. memberOf=*).

And now I know why. :)

The "memberOf" is a "linked value". See this blog entry:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/03/27/423248.aspx

I expect that the LVR stuff applies to QBDL's too.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Web query timeout setting.

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

Format List Box!

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Print a list of movies
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns (No and Name of Movie). There are 322 rows. I would like to print this so that I have the first 44 rows on the left side of the page and the next 44 rows on the right side of the page. I would like to keep this setup on all pages. These cells have color formatting and numbers that I need to keep with each cell. How do I do this? -- Terri Sprague www.tlsprague.com Hi Teri, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...

How to export users list from MS-Exchange AD Users&Computers?
Hello, I want to export my exchange mailbox-enabled users list with their Given Name+Surname and e-mail address.. I get this kind of list from ActiveDirectory Users&Computers but I can not export it.. I know that there is a program somewhere that does what I want, but I can't remember it's name.. Note: I don't mean LDIFDE tools.. Thanks for your help. Capricorn As always...be careful and test things in a lab first, please. LDIFDE tools can be pretty ugly... CSVDE will work and it is possible to limit the columns that are output by CSVDE. Note: If you have a large ...

Query involving Strings : How To Return Matching Data From Both Ta
Good afternoon, I have tried my best on this but am unable to figure it out. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Scenario: Table A contains only one column titled [District]. Let's assume that there are three rows here: 1) Bay Area Rapid Transit 2) San Diego Zoo 3) San Mateo Table B contains other data with these fields: [GeoCode] , [CountOfHourlyEmployees], [CountOfSalaryEmployees]. Let's assume that there are three rows here: 1) West Coast | CA | Bay Area Rapid Transit , 154, 205 2) CA | Southern | Bay Area Rapid Transit , 105, 206 3) Southw...

Inventory list columns
There needs to be more columns avaialble in the inventory and other lists. It would also be nice to be able to print from the inventory lists. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en...

return max date from list
I thought this should be easy enough, but it's been years since I've done serious excel work and I have gone into brainlock trying to figure this out.. What I want to do is, find the date of the last occurance of a value, in this case a number. For example: A B C D E 1 23 32 44 01-JUL-03 2 3 7 56 03-AUG-04 3 12 34 45 23-OCT-05 4 23 26 58 24-MAR-06 5 15 37 79 23-JUN-06 6 11 32 39 28-DEC-06 I have a list of all possible numbers in another location, 1 thru 200, and I want to put a formula beside each number that will find the last date that number occurred in the array, in any ...