Query-based Distribution Groups Attribute Question

A student asks:  When a new attribute is added to a user class object in the
schema, does that attribute automatically appear in the choices one has when
configuring a query in the definition of a Query-based Distribution Group?
If not, how would one get it to appear?

Many thanks in advance!

JB Fields
jbfields@msn.com

0
jbfields (5)

Knowledge Base Error accessing direct to ASP page and pressing sea
When I access the page "http://crm/CS/home_managekb.aspx" directly not via CRM, I get an error occurred contact your system administrator. I want to access it from our sharepoint portal server. Has anyone come across this problem?? ...

Controlling position of query window
Good afternoon, I have a crosstab query that I use to essentially show coordinate values on an X x Y grid. The user can click a button to see the coordinates and up pops my crosstab query in the typical query way (a datasheet). I would have used a form to complete this task, but it appears that you cannot use a crosstab query in a form (at least not in Access XP). I want to use VBA to move the position of the query window on the screen, but I am clueless how to lock onto this window. If, for example I had a form that was being used for the same thing, I would simply use dim frm as access.For...

Cluster question
Not sure whether cluster or perhaps redundant would be more the right word. Anyhow here's the question: We have an office in the US and overseas. The mail server used by the overseas office is in the US office. Of course, occasionally there may be downtime for the US office. So the overseas office has this idea that we could set up a backup mail server in their office (it wouldn't matter which version of exchange needs to be used. If someone said it is possible with ES2003 then so be it). They would then use the backup mail server should the server in the US office be down. We...

Advanced Find making AND between two different groups
Hi, Generelly I think I understand the advanced find and I am quite happy with it, as on our server making reports by ourselve does not work yet. But how could I make an AND for two aatributes if they are located on different groups? For example I want to querry all contacts from all our customer accounts in a special Location. I get it to get really all contacts within the accounts which are marked "customer" but I cannot reduce this selection on any attribute from the accounts. Best regards Antonio ...

OK to move blackberry mailbox to difference database/storage group
Has anyone had experience in moving the blackberry mailbox to a different database/storage group, we have this account and the administrators mailbox still left in the first database on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server. We then want to delete this old database There should not be a problem but you should run it past Blackberry Support because the move operation will impact the account and hence Blackberry. Nue "Gonzo" <Gonzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A12A3787-5062-405C-9357-83482E043869@microsoft.com... > Has anyone had experience in moving the bla...

Owner Data CListCtrl with Groups Enabled
Does anybody have some sample code that uses a CListCtrl with groups enabled that also uses Owner Data that they could share with me? Gerard ...

supress page preak after group?
Have prob that a group as soon as it doesn't fit to one page is shifted to new page. So a group is not spanned over a page. What settings do I need to suppress this? Using SQL RS 08 Snippet: <Tablix Name="table2"> <TablixBody> <TablixColumns> ... </TablixColumns> <TablixRows> ... </TablixRows> </TablixBody> <TablixColumnHierarchy> <TablixMembers> ... </TablixMembers> </TablixColumnH...

Question about excel 2007
Hi, I just switched to excel 2007. On my old excel 2003 toolbar I had a box that showed the location of the file I was working on. It was really helpful if I wanted to send someone the link to my work, I could just copy and paste it from there. I can't find that in the toolbar options of excel 2007. Do you know what it's called? Does it even exist? Thanks. Lisa Add to the QAT(quick access toolbar) the "Document Location" button. (Find it in Commands not in the Ribbon) lj wrote: > Hi, I just switched to excel 2007. On my old excel 2003 toolbar I had > a box t...

Removing items from worksheet by account number question
I need to remove everything that is related to one account number and so on for other account numbers is there a way to do this or a way to highlight them... Thank you. You need to tell us how the data is set out -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "LiveUser" <LiveUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35F1A01E-6859-4E14-A44D-88754251DB5B@microsoft.com... >I need to remove everything that is related to one account number and so on > for other account numbers is there a way to do this or a way t...

MFC question, writing my own ComboBox like control
Hello I am new to MFC programming and I want to do the following: I want to create my own Combobox like control, however using a CEdit. class CMyEdit : public CEdit { CListBox m_lbHistory; .. .. .. } I override both OnCreate and Create() of CMyEdit in order to get notification when the control is created, afterwards I want to create the m_lbHistory control then hide it, then later show it when user presses DOWN. 1) Why aren't Oncreate() nor Create() being called? 2) What is the proper way to create the m_lbHistory control from CMyEdit ? 3) How can I handle the messages that will...

Question about XML functionality (add-ons?) in Excel 2000 & 2002
We have recently been told by our agency systems administrator that we need to upgrade all of our existing PCs so they have Office 2003 because of an XML function that allows us to import/export data to and from our agency server. Obviously, this would not only be prohibitively expensive, but time-consuming as well. What I would like to know is if there is some kind of XML add-on that we can install for Excel 2000 and/or XP that will give us the same XML functionality as Excel 2003? Thanks MUCH in advance if anyone can give me an answer on this. ...

Invisible attributes in an entity of common ownership
Is it possible in CRM to have some attributes in the same entity invisibles for a specific role and visible for another role? I am waiting for your answers! Thanks a lot! You could do this with client-side scripting. You would first need to invoke a web service to determine the role, then you could hide fields as appropriate. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Ioanna Karra" <IoannaKarra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DAF6B19-D2DE-468A-A0E1-3CE1F2BB8E98@microsoft.com... Is it possible in CRM to have some attributes in the same entity invisibles for...

Distribution groups #8
How can I send mail to a distributiongroup and get all the email-adresses "resolved", so it will be possible to send a reply all for those who get the mail?... Morten On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:01:06 -0700, DNT <DNT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I send mail to a distributiongroup and get all the email-adresses >"resolved", so it will be possible to send a reply all for those who get the >mail?... > >Morten Not sure what you mean here really. If you send to a DG then the server "unpacks" the DG and sends everyone a pointer to t...

Automatically set the data type as date for a Make Table Query
I have a make table query that I run daily. One of the fields of the query is a date field. The source table for the query treats the information as a text string in a date format that is not recognized by access. I have created formula that parses the string to put it into standard "mm/dd/yy" format. However, when I run the make table query it treats the date field as text. This is a problem because I use a form to hold the criteria for a query that I run on the new table. In order to get the query to work, I have to manually set the data type to short date. This will ...

MS Access Duplicates Query
While cleaning data recently, I stumbled accross this built-in query in Access 2003. Many of you may already know of this tool, if not give it a try as it is very simple to use. You can quickly locate and remove duplicates in your source data. Start by Importing your data into Access tables. Then go to Queries in the Objects pane. On the toolbar above, click the New button and select the 'Find Duplictes Query Wizard. You can then delete bad records here or export to Excel if you need to have your data validated or reviewed by your customer. This greatly helped out as I had 13 ...

Query based distribution groups #2
I am new to QBDG's and recently upgraded our exchange mode to native. I created a QBDG yesterday using a custom script under the distribution groups ou in AD. It appears to work. My problem is that my users are use to seeing all DG's in outlook in the Distribution Groups list and not the GAB. Is there a way to make the new QBDG show up in the Distribution Groups list instead? Another wierd thing is that when I do a search in AD for the QBDG it does not show up in the results but it is located in the same domain I am searching in. Thanks in advanced. The default GAL filter does not in...

Data grouping and averaging in excel 2003
I am looking into purchasing a data logger that will collect voltage, amperage with a time scale. Below is a sample of the data and a summary to be generated above the data. I have some problems with how I can have a msexcel spreadsheet automatically calculate averages and total times for each zone. I would like a summary for many separate zones with a dozen or so sessions that have recording to last from 10 to 100 seconds within each session and automatically disregard calculating any values in column C that are <30 & all rows in column B that have been disregarded in column C. Averagi...

Integration Manager Question
I am importing sales orders into Great Plains from excel. I have a situation whereby if PO number (column 4 in source document) is VIP, then VIP should be added before the sales document number (column 2 in source document) eg the document number in excel is 1001 but when it comes to Great Plains, it is VIP1001. I wrote the following script in IM for the document number field but it is erroring out when running IM. If (SourceFields(F4) = "VIP" ) Then CurrentField = "VIP" & SourceFields(F2) Please let me know what to do here. What's the error you receive...

Invoice database / report question.
Hi, I’m having problems conceptualizing the correct structure for my database and/or invoice form. I think the solution lies in both the database structure and the approach to the invoice form. So I’m going to post in both forums. I’m not quite sure how to describe my issue because it is still a bit cloudy on my part. So if I leave something out, it is because I have not connected all of the dots yet. My goal is to create an invoice in Access XP. The invoice will include one or more line items for labor, parts, and expenses (mainly mileage, tolls, etc.) We do not ma...

Custom entity add businessunit attribute
I have created a new entity. In the form I want to have a filed with businessunits, there I can select between the CRM stored businessunits. There is an attribute named owningbusinessunit but that attribute is not selectable under forms and view ==> form ==> add fields What have I done wrong?? Rickard, I tested this on my VPC image, and I can't do it either. I did notice that a system relationship is created automatically when the custom entity is created. Therefore, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I think this is just the way that Microsoft CRM works. I&...

Move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups
According to this article below on Microsoft website, it states that it is not possible to move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups when running Exchnage 5.5 and 2003 servers in mixed mode. I was under the impression that this is no longer true and if you are running service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 it is possible to move between administrative groups. Can someone please confirm? Thanks Rustom Feature Available in mixed Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000, and Exchange 2003 organization? Available in Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 native mode? Available in pu...

Question about Name Order
Hi, I'm trying to help a friend out, but I couldn't track down anything on this: When clicking on Tools > Address Book, the names are listed first name first (John Smith). When typing in the search box, it searches on the first name. Is there any way to get this to work last name first instead? I've tried going into Tools > E-Mail Accounts, clicking "View or change existing directories or address books", and changing the properties of the address book. I have also gone to Tools > Options > Preferences and clicking "Contact Options". Neither o...

Two formula questions...
Question number one: (and this is a simple one I hope) were I wanting to do a COUNTA to concentrate on specific cells in increments of 10 and missing out those between, I.e A1, A11, A21 and so on...how would I do this, without overloading the formula as this needs to be repeated from 1-3000 to accomodate a years worth of data Question number two: were I using a complex formula to produce a result for cells which first qualify one criteria (Having the phrase 'GD (KT)' in it) and then correspond to a date in another: example being {=SUM(IF(MOD(ROW('2008 Errors'!$A$3:$A$300...

How do I automatically fill a cell based on another cell in Excel
I am trying to fill an adjacent cell based on the input in another cell. Here are the particulars. I have created a pull down list in one cell. The list contains all of the parts that our mechanics order. Now when one of the parts are chosen I would like for Excel to populate the next cell over with the price of the part automatically. Can this be done? Yes, I assume you already have a price for every part in the list somewhere. So what you need is a VLOOKUP formula. =VLOOKUP(A1,your range, 2,0) A1 is the cell with the drop down list your range - range where you have your part list...

Statistical Analysis-Distribution Curve
HELP PLEASE!! I know that this program should be able to do this; excep I can't figure it out. I have a set of data that I would like to know the frequency of value as well as see a distribution curve. Therefore, seperating the dat into say 4 ranges of values based on the frequency. I have tried some of the add-in features, but I when I used th histogram function but the bin ranges it denotes are way off base. guess I want Excel to tell me what the bin ranges would be. If anyone can offer some help....that would be great!! Thanks JO -- sunjo ---------------------------------------...